[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Destiny of White Snake 天乩之白蛇传说

sugarplum892

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The MV for ost song 千年 Thousand Years. Sang by 吉克隽逸 Jike Junyi and 金志文 Kim Ji-mun. Interestingly both are of ethnic groups born in China. Jike is of Yi tribal group while Kim is of korean race.

The drama is loosely based on the White Snake legend....here is about the thousand-year romance btw a White Snake and an immortal (who later reborn as the Lord of the Medicine Valley). Feel from the moments in the MV, both lead actors manage to give me those pained sad feelings. But the CGI snake is just too cartoon...haha.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, this is a show I've been anticipating since last year (I can't count the number of times I've listened to the hauntingly beautiful theme song Qian Nian i.e. Thousand Years just to tide myself over). I'm so excited it is finally out! The first episode seems promising.

Beautiful drama and I love the characters and demon lord  (I saw his ending and fall for him )

I'm on Episode 11 and After watching 2 subbed episodes I'm more in love with this drama. I hope viki and dramafever licensed this so we can get fast subs  (I think like legend of yun xi -All the episodes are already out.) 

I love how he always protect her and Even after reincarnation as Mortal  (Who doesn't have past memories ) Whenever she fall in danger zone He always come to rescue her. (AND lol his mortal self doesn't know what happened just now lol)006Fkjk7ly1ft5rv27j4mj31pc0yi7wh.jpg

Deity

Vs 

Mortal

006Fkjk7ly1ft5rv4nu2lj31pc0yix6p.jpg

I'm thankful to 4udrama for subbing this drama 

I just watched the released subs up to episode 2. I AM LOVING IT! It's not boring. It's fast paced. 

Also, I guess it will be forever until Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost get released since both leads have ongoing dramas. 

For those who read the novel, is this a happy ending or a sad ending? 

I loved the original, the very first one. I'll have to watch this one too. I'm not too fond of the actors because I haven't seen them in anywhere, but I'm going to be hopeful and give them a chance. I'll have to go and look at the old one for memory. Love the storyline.

Archived