[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Ode To Joy 2 欢乐颂 2

sugarplum892

I agree that Tan is the best match for Andi. He knows her past and most everything about her and accepts her. The both of them are equals in a lot of ways and seem to be well suited to each other.

I really hate Sheng Mei's family. She grew up with her brother being the favored child and he turned out to be a royal screwup and now everybody expects Sheng Mei to swoop in and take on all the consequences and financial responsibility and will still get insulted by her mother in return and because of them, Sheng Mei will always be considered a poor marital prospect because she comes with massive baggage. 

I don't like Bao, though. Both he and Wei Wei have this annoying need to overpower Andi and her boundaries. Wei Wei was worse with it by continually violating her hatred of being touched and wouldn't let her proceed at her own pace.

I feel bad for Andi right now. Now she's getting harassed by the wife of her biological father and once again being accused of being a mistress.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/18/2017 at 2:02 AM, omiki said:

Looks like Guan Guan is not over her infatuation with Dr Zhao yet. Ying Ying is so ridiculous to think that Xiao Xiao will move in on her man. The last time she did it was to show YY what a shmuck her Boyfriend was in the first season.

Bao is good for Andi - Wei was too intense for her. But I think Tan ZM is still the best for her - he understands her and is always supportive of her. Notice how he never makes her decisions for her but is always there for her if she needs his help. Why don't Andi get together with him instead? 

Sheng Mei's family situation is really sad. What to do? We can't choose which family we are born into. And she's too good a person to abandon them. I predict tumultuous times ahead if she keeps pressuring her Boyfriend to buy a house.

I ship Andi and Tan sooo hard. It kills me that it seems they'll never be together. They get each other in a way I don't think zany other romantic prospect has and gah, why can't they be together? I need the two actors paired in another deana ASAP because their chemistry sparkles. The stolen looks he gives her sometimes :wub::wub:

Oh oh, looks like YY's new Boyfriend is also turning out to be a shmuck! Sigh, she's really unlucky in love. I knew he was too good to be true.

XX's flirting with that 'sprinkle speech with English and show off knowledge of white asparagus blah blah' boy that GG had to meet for dinner was so hilarious that I even felt a tinge bad for that pretentious guy. He's so ridiculous to not even know that he is being played. I laughed so hard during this segment.

On 5/21/2017 at 7:26 AM, omiki said:

Oh oh, looks like YY's new Boyfriend is also turning out to be a shmuck! Sigh, she's really unlucky in love. I knew he was too good to be true.

XX's flirting with that 'sprinkle speech with English and show off knowledge of white asparagus blah blah' boy that GG had to meet for dinner was so hilarious that I even felt a tinge bad for that pretentious guy. He's so ridiculous to not even know that he is being played. I laughed so hard during this segment.

lol that was pretty hilarious - I don't think he understood what hit him. I really wish someone would show up for Guanguan!

Between Sheng Mei's family dynamic, Guan Guan's mother's worry that GG will be a "leftover woman", Xiao Xiao's father continuing to give mother to his worthless son for nothing while XX had to work her tail off to get what she has (and being forced to acknowledge a grandmother who won't even allow her to step into the family home), the negative assumptions about An Di, and Ying Ying's sexual history being policed and judged, this season is highlighting Chinese society's sexism and misogyny in a way where it's hard to defend such ideas.

I keep waffling on Xiao Xiao. I don't like how she toys with people like they're just puppets to be manipulated and dance for her amusement and not actual people, but I have to respect a woman who will straight up beat the balls off a man who has the gall to dump a woman for not being a virgin in the year 2017. But she is pretty tactless and while it wasn't intentional, she really needs to watch what she says. Ying Ying needs to learn maturity and realize that Xiao Xiao not only did not mean to wreck her relationship but even went to bat for her.

Xiao Xiao's brother can go kick rocks. He's going to try and ruin Xiao Xiao because she keeps exposing his misdeeds instead of, oh I don't know, ceasing to act like an richard simmons. It's not like Xiao Xiao is really going out of her way because it's all set up for her; she only has to knock it down. If he didn't keep giving her the ammo, she wouldn't have much to use against him.

Again, poor An Di. People keep jumping to the worst conclusions about her. Like the only possible relationship between her and Wei Guo Whatshisname is the mistress. And that a woman couldn't possibly have gotten to the heights she did on her own, she must've slept with Tan. She is really the most misunderstood character, especially when her suitors have stalked her (and that's seriously what it's been. Following somebody you just met to her home is not courtship, nor is constantly violating her personal boundaries and I hate that she keeps falling for that), not her pursuing them. It'll never happen, but I hope that if she found out that Bao's mother believed such nonsense about her, she emotionally tortures Mama Bao until she's left a weeping mess huddled in the fetal position in a dark corner.

These 2 sang a few songs including a duet at the end....during a drama promotion event.

I know the actor Deng Lun from an earlier drama Because of You 因为遇见你. Felt he look abit like korean actor Song Jaerim...just abit.

Jesus, Ying Ying needs to grow up and learn to have a little shame in the fact that her antics have constantly resulted in her roommates running to her rescue. I'll grant her that Ying Qin was a complete coward and refused to take responsibility for being an richard simmons (while trying to claim that he's still a good person) and give Ying Ying closure. But Ying Ying needs some self-respect and stop chasing after a guy who has ridiculous standards that no woman will satisfactorily meet (he may find a virgin bride, but then she'll fail some other strict standard that he never vocalizes). Her constant emotional breakdowns have gotten old.

On 5/26/2017 at 1:53 AM, Erin Lokanata said:

OMG! Guan Guan's boyfriend is just so.....fresh to see :blush:
I'm so looking forward to their story since my first otp (Dr.Zhao and Xiao Xiao) are going to be separated for a while tsk tsk tsk

Agree! I kinda wish he were a little better actor - just a little convincingly sweeter? Though I do like that he's very calm with her so far. Hmmm...

As for YingYing - argh! What's that damn YingQin doing? That's called stepping on two boats at the same time (two-timing!).

Hi eveyone

A newbie to this site and am enjoying all the postings here. Have seen the 1st season....I think I am enjoying 2nd season better. I think having Bao Yi Fan made the difference. I find Wei Wei quite creepy. 

Anyhow......In ep30  Deng Lun's character, Xie Tung sang a song to Guang Guang, does anyone know the title of the song? It's really nice! It was played again in ep42 when they were in Disneyland.

@serendipity1974  welcome to the thread.

@Cedric Ong posted the video link of actor Deng Lun singing this at a concert, so you can enjoy it following his link above.

The title is Ai Wo Suo Ai in Mandarin, loosely translated as 'love what I love'.

It's a lovely song, and I hope their relationship will flourish and have a happy ending. It's about time she moved on from her crush over Dr Zhao. Hope he and XX have a happy ending, too.

21 hours ago, omiki said:

@serendipity1974  welcome to the thread.

@Cedric Ong posted the video link of actor Deng Lun singing this at a concert, so you can enjoy it following his link above.

The title is Ai Wo Suo Ai in Mandarin, loosely translated as 'love what I love'.

It's a lovely song, and I hope their relationship will flourish and have a happy ending. It's about time she moved on from her crush over Dr Zhao. Hope he and XX have a happy ending, too.

Thank you omiki :-)  Yes, am glad that she's moved on and more pleased that Qu Xiao Xiao and Dr Zhao has got back together!!!

On 6/4/2017 at 7:39 PM, serendipity1974 said:

Thank you omiki :-)  Yes, am glad that she's moved on and more pleased that Qu Xiao Xiao and Dr Zhao has got back together!!!

I am glad that XX and Dr Zhao got back together too!  They are just too cute together.

GG love interest is refreshing!  They are so cute together.  I hope they do end up togther and no angst pls!  Seems like the show will have some heavy episodes ahead so I will prepare some tissues.  I am really enjoying Season 2.  I marathon Season 1 in one weekend prior to Season 2 and am glad i did.  My understanding of the story is much better.

Most of the mothers of the males depicted in this drama are such horrible people. Like mothers of WBC, YQ, BYF. No woman is good enough for their Son. Is it because of the one child policy? 

So far, ZQP's Mother seems decent, maybe because she is an academician. Or her turn as a horrible Mother in law hasn't come yet. Let's see.

Lately, TZM has been giving Andi strange looks. Is he finally realising his feelings for her? I still think he's the best match for her.

From 5 girls only four will get their happy ending. Ying Ying will be getting married with her boyfie,Andy with Bao Yi Fan,Xiao Qu with Zhao Qi Ping and Guan Guan with Xie Tong (but they'll have long distance relationship since Xie Tong will be going to America). Unfortunately Fan Jie will broke up with Wang Bai Chuan and will become somekind like independent woman :D

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Ode To Joy 2 欢乐颂 2

Somebody needs to have a come to Jesus talk with Ying Ying. Now the the little idiot has gotten herself beat up for a man who dumped her for a stupid misogynistic reason and once again, the ladies of the 22nd floor have gone out of their way to protect her and care for her (and in Andie's case, paying her bills). Now she's demanding that people put themselves at risk to save Ying Qin, who is in this mess of his own doing. Both of them are so stupid, they honestly deserve each other. He's pretty much promised to another woman, but wants to reach out to Ying Ying and Ying Ying is dumb enough to go along.

Andie and Xiao Xiao were right to say they're not helping because this is just going beyond, plus they literally just helped Sheng Mei with her terrible family (yet again because Sheng Mei won't learn to just cut them off and let them either starve or figure out their own way). Quite frankly, I would've let Ying Ying do her stupid self and hobble to Ying Qin's hospital room and let her get beat up again.

Archived