[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Fights Break Sphere 斗破苍穹

sugarplum892

13 hours ago, bastion said:

I just hope they follow the plot as close as possible considering i am hearing many fans are angry toward their decision to add and swap many scenes.

Hoo? Where did you hear this?

I am fine with changing as long as it doesn't change the essence of the story. And I am also fine with adding as long as it can enrich the story. About Fight Break Sphere, all I can say here I don't quite like the change because in my opinion it lower the quality of characters relationship. The addition, I will hold my judgment until the ending. Since up to this point, we still cannot see how this additional arc will link up in the future.

I can completely understand if the fans of Xiao Yi Xian from the novel will be angry with the drama characterization:lol:. The character just too different. I really don't understand why the drama made this drastic change.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, xienrue said:

Hoo? Where did you hear this?

I am fine with changing as long as it doesn't change the essence of the story. And I am also fine with adding as long as it can enrich the story. About Fight Break Sphere, all I can say here I don't quite like the change because in my opinion it lower the quality of characters relationship. The addition, I will hold my judgment until the ending. Since up to this point, we still cannot see how this additional arc will link up in the future.

I can completely understand if the fans of Xiao Yi Xian from the novel will be angry with the drama characterization:lol:. The character just too different. I really don't understand why the drama made this drastic change.

Have seen the article in Dramapanda, but yet the new comers really love this kinda new line because the plot is interesting in every scene.  The Yi Xian characteritation is great as most viewers prefer her love line than Xun Er.

Web Rankings 

Top Dramas (7-day)

1. Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace 

2. Battle Through The Heavens ❤

3. All Out of Love

4. Eagles and Youngster

5. Mother's Life

6. Age of Legends

7. lET's Shake It Season 2

8. Storm Eclipse

9. The Dark Lord

10. Ashes of Love

Top Celebrities (7-day)

1. Karry Wang Junkai

2. Wallace Chung

3. Yang Zi

4. Yang Yang

5. William Chan

6. Leo Wu Lei❤

7. Deng Lun

8. Li Qin❤

9. Ray Ma Tianyu

10. Sandra Ma

drama panda 

5 hours ago, bastion said:

Have seen the article in Dramapanda, but yet the new comers really love this kinda new line because the plot is interesting in every scene.  The Yi Xian characteritation is great as most viewers prefer her love line than Xun Er.

You are right, as one of them (non-novel reader), yixian character looks fresh (despite the style and clothing are unsatisfying), it will be fun to have her with xiao yan, as there are some unexpected thing happened. most of the viewer love yixian (maybe because of li qin) to be one of xiao yan wife (cp) but at the same time, they might change their mind if in the next ep there are some romance scene between xun'er and xiao yan.

this is out of the topic but I have read last night (a drama portal site) that the second season without wu lei. this is frustrating, how? is it right? it means that they were not filming the second season yet. so which one is the truth? while MU second season will air this November. 

4 hours ago, RPM said:

Web Rankings 

Top Dramas (7-day)

1. Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace 

2. Battle Through The Heavens ❤

3. All Out of Love

4. Eagles and Youngster

Top Celebrities (7-day)

1. Karry Wang Junkai

2. Wallace Chung

3. Yang Zi

4. Yang Yang

5. William Chan

6. Leo Wu Lei❤

7. Deng Lun

8. Li Qin❤

9. Ray Ma Tianyu

10. Sandra Ma

drama panda 

wow... BTH increasing 1 level, and wu lei still number 6th, that's ok coz Li qin level up from 10 to 8th. congrats all. 

1 hour ago, Kalla17 said:

You are right, as one of them (non-novel reader), yixian character looks fresh (despite the style and clothing are unsatisfying), it will be fun to have her with xiao yan, as there are some unexpected thing happened. most of the viewer love yixian (maybe because of li qin) to be one of xiao yan wife (cp) but at the same time, they might change their mind if in the next ep there are some romance scene between xun'er and xiao yan.

this is out of the topic but I have read last night (a drama portal site) that the second season without wu lei. this is frustrating, how? is it right? it means that they were not filming the second season yet. so which one is the truth? while MU second season will air this November. 

Eisss its really frustating considering how he manages to lead the characterization of Xiao Yan quite good. I mean its that possible for them to start second season with another actor. Won't be the viewers would dissapointed.

I have not heard the news and lets just hope its just a rumor and thy have done the new season production. I will even forget if this drama is exist if they air it next year.

I guess its nearly confirmed that Wu Lei will leave the main lead in season 2 due of fans critics and backslash. He has turned the offers and recommending another actor

And yeah, the season 2 is not even yet in production, so better sure to see it at least next year.  I am quite dissapointed to see this recent news.

Source https://www.jaynestars.com/news/leo-wu-recommends-another-actor-to-replace-him-for-fights-breaks-spheres-2/

4 hours ago, bastion said:

I guess its nearly confirmed that Wu Lei will leave the main lead in season 2 due of fans critics and backslash. He has turned the offers and recommending another actor

And yeah, the season 2 is not even yet in production, so better sure to see it at least next year.  I am quite dissapointed to see this recent news.

Source https://www.jaynestars.com/news/leo-wu-recommends-another-actor-to-replace-him-for-fights-breaks-spheres-2/

In my opinion, the one at fault for this mess of storytelling is the script. I am fine with Wu Lei acting. Based on the story line that I can get from the watching the drama, his acting is on point. How can he display how dependable Xiao Yan is, how talented he is that all those women just head over heel toward him if the script doesn't give him the chance to display that? It is really sad that Wu Lei choose to not continue in his role instead of preserving through critics. Does anybody know whether those fans criticizing him or the story?

The lack of mentioning of Xiao Yan cultivation level ever since his fight against Han Xian is one of the culprit of this mess. I have mentioned before in my previous post that cultivation is hard. One can be stuck for a lifetime in a certain level. One thing that is highlighted so frequently in the novel is Xiao Yan youthful. He is so young yet so powerful. The novel gives a nice analogy. There are old geezers who cultivate for decades just for increasing one star in Dou Zun level. In around a decade, Xiao Yan rises from Dou Huang to Dou Sheng. When he meet those geezers again near the end of the story, those geezers still stuck at Dou Zun while Xiao Yan has grown stronger than them. There are lots of other analogy in the novel that shows just how fast Xiao Yan progress. This cultivation speed is caused part by his own talent and hardwork, part because of medicine (he is Yao Lao student, that would not lack of pill recipe to help him getting stronger faster), part because of Flame method that he practices. Anyway, his strength despite his young age is the one attracting all those women (in addition of his kindness and loyalty), hence the harem. In the novel, his opponents mostly are his seniors (old geezers) because his generation can no longer catch up with him.

With the lack of mentioning of Xiao Yan cultivation level throughout the story (and his opponents), we cannot fully grasp how powerful Xiao Yan is. The story becomes dull. All I have seen is fighting and fighting but I never get the sense that fighting level has going up. This is xianxia, not wuxia. The story left plot hole everywhere. It is never explained how Xiao Yan can beat all those people and why should it be a phenomenal thing. Moreover, Xiao Yan in the novel is a very confident character. Even when he is still weak and cannot stand up against those people from Gu clan that come to take Xun Er away, he is never felt dejected. He is more or less, confidently tells Xun Er to wait for him. I am sorry, but I cannot see this characteristic depicted in the drama. And I blame the script. There is practically no chance of Wu Lei to display this because the drama more or less is too keen on stressing on how weak Xiao Yan is comparing to others.

At the beginning I am fine with the change of actor because I thought the reason is because of Xiao Yan age in season 2. The novel covers Xiao Yan journey from when he is 15 years old to around 30-40 years old. Since Wu Lei is still quite young, he might not able to display Xiao Yan range of emotion when he is around 30 years old in the story (plus I am here because of the story, not because of actors/actress). I thought we will get an older actor for season 2. But I am very disappointed when I read that the reason is that the actor himself choose to withdraw. Anyway, I will be happy if Liu Hao Ran agreed on the role. His Xiao Ping Jing in NiF2 amazed me and I can see him acting as older Xiao Yan.

7 hours ago, bastion said:

And I guess I just need to focus on season 1 only, and forget about season 2. 

I got mix feeling right now, but if wu lei have decided it, I hope it is the best. he can focus on his study at university and for another work. I think this year not for him, as his movie get taken out of the cinema and now his drama. I don't want to take a blame on someone, as everyone wanna be a success and work hard for that. good luck everyone and just enjoys the rest of the episodes in this season. 

I got the trailer for the upcoming episode 33 and 34. Could someone tell me what is going on these trailers because both of them are in Chinese only. I really want to know because it Love line Xun er and Xiao Yan are getting closer here.

Link Episode 33 trailer

Episode 34 trailer

I am seeing the latest episode and seeing confusing love line really makes me crazy. Why its really hard  to say you love her and the boy doesnot even understand that his little sister loves her.

Watch up to episode 31 and watch the trailer up to episode 34. While Xiao Yan misshap with Han Xian and Xun Er is cute and funny, in the point of storyline it is bad. Because it shows that up until this late of episodes, the loveline between Xiao Yan and Xun Er is not yet established.

Still no mention about Xiao Yan dou qi level (his alchemist level mentioning is a consolation prize though). Looking from how the story is developing, it seems the three visits of Xiao Yan to Misty Cloud sect in the novel will be condensed into only one visit in the drama. And it seems I am right in predicting that the drama will give plot belonging to Yun Yun to Nalan Yanran with her engagement to Gu He. Well, what is the point of having Yun Yun character in the drama then? They should just scrap this character altogether and use the money to production quality instead .....

@bastion To be fair both Xiao Yan and Xun Er never say a clear I love you to each other in the novel. It is their action that talk:lol:. But I can understand your frustration regarding the slow build of the romance.

Note: Am I the only one that think Wu Lei is better looking in Yan Xiao garb than Xiao Yan?:lol:

5 minutes ago, xienrue said:

Watch up to episode 31 and watch the trailer up to episode 34. While Xiao Yan misshap with Han Xian and Xun Er is cute and funny, in the point of storyline it is bad. Because it shows that up until this late of episodes, the loveline between Xiao Yan and Xun Er is not yet established.

Still no mention about Xiao Yan dou qi level (his alchemist level mentioning is a consolation prize though). Looking from how the story is developing, it seems the three visits of Xiao Yan to Misty Cloud sect in the novel will be condensed into only one visit in the drama. And it seems I am right in predicting that the drama will give plot belonging to Yun Yun to Nalan Yanran with her engagement to Gu He. Well, what is the point of having Yun Yun character in the drama then? They should just scrap this character altogether and use the money to production quality instead .....

@bastion To be fair both Xiao Yan and Xun Er never say a clear I love you to each other in the novel. It is their action that talk:lol:. But I can understand your frustration regarding the slow build of the romance.

Note: Am I the only one that think Wu Lei is better looking in Yan Xiao garb than Xiao Yan?:lol:

Xienrue, do you know what the main said to Xiao Yan in the trailer 33? Plus what Xun Er said before she parts in trailer ep 34?

They would skip the whole mist sect chapter and go to the part where Xiao Yan kills the leader sect. That is all we an expect from that chapter.  The Yun Yun actress is part in supported role and means we are not going to see much about her.

About Yan Xiao, i guess that is because of his hairatyle that looks more masculine.  Lin Yun looks very cute in these few episodes, BTW.

26 minutes ago, bastion said:

Xienrue, do you know what the main said to Xiao Yan in the trailer 33? Plus what Xun Er said before she parts in trailer ep 34?

Unfortunately the chinese in  episode 33 is too much for my limited chinese language ability. All I can take is that the man seems to relay Xiao Yan father words to him. In episode 34, what I can understand is what Xun Er said when she gives pendant to Xiao Yan. I take that the pendant is very important to her because she said to Xiao Yan: seeing this thing is like seeing me. Sorry, I am not helpful ...:tears:

Well Yan Xiao gives up a mature vibe while Xiao Yan is more like brat .....

Hi guy, First of all I have not read the novel or knowing anything about it till the series came out. I watches the series only because of Xiao Yan & Xun'er, but going by the discussion that you guy have, I do have a strong feeling that they will give the plot that belong to Medusa to Yi Xian instead as her being Xiao Yan first wife, just like Yun Yun to Nalan Yanran with her engagement to Gu He as " Xienrue " mentioned.

If so, I will be so disappointed and regret to even start with this series:(

because I'm a team Xun're only:wub:

• 2 weeks later...

I didnt read the novel but i did read somewhere Xiao Yan has a harem of sorts, including the snake lady? 

I also agree on the cultivating of his abilities - it seems the ring he has is basically DBZ Time room and we were shown him training in there in the beginning. However, later on he never trained there again nor he tried to train in there when had to beat his ancestor. 

And side note, i still can't comprehend why someone name her name "Jelly". her physique doesnt even justify her name and the name is just weird...

Oh yeah, maybe my cousin can play as lead for season 2? he was in 绣春刀II (brotherhood of blades 2) as the prince :)

1 hour ago, le3jong said:

No, it hasn't. Don't think it will happen in this season.

After watching the latest video i am not even sure they are going to make the second season considering they push the story around to the end.

The fight with Yan Ran probably would be in episode 41 or 42

@xienrue What is your opinion about this case? I mean they have nothing more to tell in season  2 since Xun  Er has become the mother dragon, Xiao Yan has met its anchestor, and the only thing to do is defeating the Soul Destroyer. Interestingly, we still have not seen few scenes they show in the MV video.

@bastion Actually I am still stuck at episode 32 and just watching trailer for further episodes. I kind of avoiding this thread because I am afraid I will affect all of you with my negative aura ..... I am very disappointed with this drama adaptation. Everything feels cheapened. Xun Er is weak and needs this skill endowment from dunno who to become powerful. And what is this about dragon? Are they trying to incorporating Zi Yan character to Xun Er? And then Xiao Yan is still a boy who always run to Yao Lao for help and advice. Where is the powerful and mature Xiao Yan that can protect his teacher?

From the latest trailer I watched, Xiao Yan gets a mark that is said to be Dou Di mark? Is my hearing and understanding correct? If this is true, then they cheapened the way of Xiao Yan get to be a Dou Di, too .....

Well, they can hold the Soul Hall arc in the season 2. Perhaps end the season 1 with Xiao Yan vs Yan Ran fight. I don't think that they will have enough time for Soul Hall arc at this point of time. Season 2 can start with central plain. There are lots of story in central plain although I suspect we will get lots of drama original arc. Also, in the drama, they already connected Soul Hall with Hun clan. This needs more elaboration, so I believe we will still get season 2. Even though by some miracle season 1 can end with Hun Mie Sheng defeat, the drama still needs to flesh out Hun clan.

Archived