[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Fights Break Sphere 斗破苍穹

sugarplum892

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, mqiuwen said:

@xienrue @bastion have you seen this MV? This is one of the drama's OST and it shows a few scenes that will happen in later episodes. Can you tell from the scenes? I see we will get at least the Nalan Yaran battle with Xiao Yan... 

Have not seen that one, but this one will show you more about the story and their love in  upcoming one. I post the link since my phone wont let me  post the vid.

www.youtu.be/teFSS72HAfM

27 minutes ago, xienrue said:

@bastion What? 20 episode? Sigh, what can they cram in those little number of episodes anyway? I am pretty sure we will not get central plain arc in this season 1, looking from the slow pace. But there are lots of things happen in the central plain which impossible to be crammed in only 20 episodes. There are alchemy competition, saving Yao Lao (this perhaps get cut), ancient clan arc (I am waiting for this but since the drama cut the other 5 families ....... sigh .....), and final battle. In those 20 episode Xiao Yan needs to rise from Dou Wang/Dou Huang (depend on when they cut the season 1) to Dou Di. Seems will be pretty rushed to me.

I hope that the drama will show us a Dou Di Xiao Yan. The final battle is so awesome in the novel.

That is the posiblites since the beginning this drama is going with low budget compared to Martial Universe, but yet BTTH is better in everything. Have watched few episodes there and meh. 

Central plain arc would be cut a lot and just go to last arc, but who knows they would make us a surprise.

@mqiuwen It is my first time seeing this MV. Thank you for sharing. These are the things that I take from the video:

1. I think we will get another heavenly flame soon. But I don't know which one. Based on the story stage, it should be Flame Heart flame. But the flame color is showing Purifying Demonic Lotus instead.

It is a great change if they give Xiao Yan Purifying Demonic Lotus in this point of story because that heavenly flame is very powerful (ranked third) and Xiao Yan only dared to try refine it because he has reached Dou Sheng level.

2. We will get fire lotus technique (see 2.32 and 4.40); literally a technique of merging two or more flame. That technique is Xiao Yan original and his trump card. That is the technique that allows him to fight against people with stronger cultivation level than him (term and condition apply though, see my post about cultivation level power difference).

3. Based on the MV, I don't see the story in this season will progress farther than Misty Cloud arc.

So, in the novel Nalan Yanran is not a student of Jia Nan academy but a member of Misty Cloud sect. Her teacher is Yun Yun and Yun Shan is Yun Yun teacher. Yun Yun is the sect leader at the time of story start. Therefore, Nalan Yanran is the junior sect leader, the successor to the sect leader position. Misty Cloud Sect is a very prominent sect in Jia Ma empire. But in the eyes of Dou Qi continent as a whole, this sect is not worth much.

One thing to note here is: it is hard to increase one cultivation level. Even more when you are already in Dou Wang class or higher since the power difference between star is increasing. There are tons of people that trains for decades/lifetime but unable to increase even one star (even more true when you are in Dou Zong or higher). It is like a pyramid. The higher the level, the less people that able to reach that level. By the time of their destruction, Misty Cloud sect is only having one Dou Zong. In central plain, the powers there have at least Dou Zun as their power pillar. The ancient families have Dou Sheng. So you can see here how small Misty Cloud sect and Nalan family in a view of the whole story.

Xiao Yan visits Misty Cloud sect 3 times in the novel. First is to battle Nalan Yanran as part of their 3 years agreement. Second is to ask Misty Cloud for responsibility of his father disappearance. Third is to take revenge and destroy Misty Cloud sect. Jia Nan academy arc is actually placed between number 2 and 3 of his visit to Misty Cloud.

I hope season one can cover until Xiao Yan third visit. So we can start season 2 in central plain.

@bastion I haven't watched Martial Universe. I have planned to read Wu Dong Qian Kun before this drama comes out, but then I got smitten with Emperor Domination ..... Cannot really stomach another xian xia after I read that one:D. So my plan for Wu Dong Qian Kun and Martial Universe stay incomplete until now.

Is it that bad? I have read people commenting in Soompi, and their comments mostly positive. But again, perhaps it is Yang Yang effect .....

55 minutes ago, bastion said:

Have not seen that one, but this one will show you more about the story and their love in  upcoming one. I post the link since my phone wont let me  post the vid.

www.youtu.be/teFSS72HAfM

@bastion can you repost the link? I can't access the one you provided and I really want to see it :tears:

@xienrue so after the Misty Cloud Arc, how many more arcs are there supposed to be in the novel? If there are too many, I doubt 20 episodes on Season 2 will be enough to cover them all... :wacko:

35 minutes ago, mqiuwen said:

@bastion can you repost the link? I can't access the one you provided and I really want to see it :tears:

@xienrue so after the Misty Cloud Arc, how many more arcs are there supposed to be in the novel? If there are too many, I doubt 20 episodes on Season 2 will be enough to cover them all... :wacko:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=teFSS72HAfM

Here they are

I'm dying for this scene. Xiao Yan and Yixian chemistry is best part of this drama for me.

If you're planning to watch Martial Universe, Then Please drop the idea I'm totally disappointed from that drama I was able to complete it only because of one character I like but there's  really nothing to watch. Better to watch season 2 directly in October. 

10 hours ago, xienrue said:

@mqiuwen It is my first time seeing this MV. Thank you for sharing. These are the things that I take from the video:

1. I think we will get another heavenly flame soon. But I don't know which one. Based on the story stage, it should be Flame Heart flame. But the flame color is showing Purifying Demonic Lotus instead.

It is a great change if they give Xiao Yan Purifying Demonic Lotus in this point of story because that heavenly flame is very powerful (ranked third) and Xiao Yan only dared to try refine it because he has reached Dou Sheng level.

2. We will get fire lotus technique (see 2.32 and 4.40); literally a technique of merging two or more flame. That technique is Xiao Yan original and his trump card. That is the technique that allows him to fight against people with stronger cultivation level than him (term and condition apply though, see my post about cultivation level power difference).

3. Based on the MV, I don't see the story in this season will progress farther than Misty Cloud arc.

So, in the novel Nalan Yanran is not a student of Jia Nan academy but a member of Misty Cloud sect. Her teacher is Yun Yun and Yun Shan is Yun Yun teacher. Yun Yun is the sect leader at the time of story start. Therefore, Nalan Yanran is the junior sect leader, the successor to the sect leader position. Misty Cloud Sect is a very prominent sect in Jia Ma empire. But in the eyes of Dou Qi continent as a whole, this sect is not worth much.

One thing to note here is: it is hard to increase one cultivation level. Even more when you are already in Dou Wang class or higher since the power difference between star is increasing. There are tons of people that trains for decades/lifetime but unable to increase even one star (even more true when you are in Dou Zong or higher). It is like a pyramid. The higher the level, the less people that able to reach that level. By the time of their destruction, Misty Cloud sect is only having one Dou Zong. In central plain, the powers there have at least Dou Zun as their power pillar. The ancient families have Dou Sheng. So you can see here how small Misty Cloud sect and Nalan family in a view of the whole story.

Xiao Yan visits Misty Cloud sect 3 times in the novel. First is to battle Nalan Yanran as part of their 3 years agreement. Second is to ask Misty Cloud for responsibility of his father disappearance. Third is to take revenge and destroy Misty Cloud sect. Jia Nan academy arc is actually placed between number 2 and 3 of his visit to Misty Cloud.

I hope season one can cover until Xiao Yan third visit. So we can start season 2 in central plain.

@bastion I haven't watched Martial Universe. I have planned to read Wu Dong Qian Kun before this drama comes out, but then I got smitten with Emperor Domination ..... Cannot really stomach another xian xia after I read that one:D. So my plan for Wu Dong Qian Kun and Martial Universe stay incomplete until now.

Is it that bad? I have read people commenting in Soompi, and their comments mostly positive. But again, perhaps it is Yang Yang effect .....

Its quite bad and maybe the reason is because of the main lead. I have wached it as i have no recommendation.  Not interested at all in any girl.

Btw, i started to see BTTH  because of Lin yun. She is bith tomboyish, but kinda have a cute smile. Would probably watch others if find someone better

10 hours ago, RPM said:

I'm dying for this scene. Xiao Yan and Yixian chemistry is best part of this drama for me.

@RPMSuch a touching scene. What? do lion king grow up? the one that yixian rode. if yes, the lion king must remember yixian and xiao yan.

For Fengyou who wants to watch Martial uni. better prepare themselves well, not to have any high expectation. I myself watch it because of the female lead but drop it in the middle because there is nothing that excites me or makes my brain working for the scenes that I have watched. 

Honestly, I didn't expect to like this drama, I am watching it because of wu lei and li qin (her performance in princess agent impress me, I hate her character there but love her acting), for linyun, her personality quit something, and as the new face in this field she caught my eyes for being true to herself (she appears to me as free spirit as she was caught datting with much older male senior actor). she is something.

15 hours ago, xienrue said:

@Kalla17 Xiao Yi Xian in the novel is a elegant lady. In term of appearance and demeanor, she is not losing to Xun Er. In the novel, Xun Er is depicted as goddess. She is like those highborn ladies; information and high class, also very much pretty. Unfortunately the drama change Xiao Yi Xian character.

Xiao Yi Xian is not dead in the end of novel. She is pretty much alive. Hai Bo Dong is also alive. These two do not have any relationship in the novel anyway.

4. Xiao Yan and Xun Er relationship. In the drama it is very clear that Xun Er loves Xiao Yan. But until episode 27, I have not seed the definite scene that shows Xiao Yan loves Xun Er. He is still treating her like a sister to me.  This matter should have been clarified before they departed to Jia Nan academy. And the drama seems to be downgraded Xun Er a lot. She is an idol in the academy with her looks and talent. However she is indifferent to everyone except to Xiao Yan. All I see in the drama now, Xun Er is no difference with other women; it is no big deal if she likes Xiao Yan. Sigh .......

@xienrue Thank you senior, for the information.

I just hope that xiao yan and xun'er have intimate scenes asap, as we have 15 ep more to go. light kiss if possible, Heeeeeee. 

@mqiuwen If we go by the novel, there are more than 10 arc to cover in central continent/plain. However, we will definitely get much lower number of arc because the drama has cut characters and power structure that has arc in the latter half of the novel. Here is the characters that get cut down:

1. Zi Yan

This is Xiao Yan senior in Jia Nan academy, the number one ranked student. She is not a human, but come from Ancient Void Dragon tribe. She has an entire arc in the novel when Xiao Yan helping her claims the dragon emperor throne. Her arc is also connected to Xiao Yan because Xiao Yan has refined wings from Heavenly Demon Phoenix tribe (yes, the wings that Xiao Yan uses in the drama). This phoenix tribe is very stinky when outsider getting their tribe corpse. So it is a very big deal when they realize that Xiao Yan got their tribe member corpse and even refine the wings. Fortunately, Ancient Void Dragon is the number one beast tribe in term of bloodline and strength. And this dragon tribe treat Heavenly Demon Phoenix tribe as food so ....

2. Yun Yun

Even though we still get this character in the drama, she didn't get enough screen time with Xiao Yan in the drama. Therefore, I doubt season 2 will dedicated an arc for her. Perhaps the drama will give her story to Nalan Yanran instead.

3. Qing Lin

More or less one of Xiao Yan harem. She has special constitution (something related with snake, I don't remember). 

4. Liu Qing

One of Xiao Yan senior buddies from Jia Nan academy. The drama perhaps will give his story to Lin Xiu Ya.

5. Yao clan (one of 8 ancient clans)

This is Yao Lao clan. This is a clan that more or less specialize in alchemy. Yao Lao is thrown away from his clan when he was young. Later on he will return there with Xiao Yan. But since the drama gives us a diluted form of 8 ancient clans in the form of 5 families, well ......

The number of arcs will further cut down because those arcs connected with dou qi technique that Xiao Yan learns:

1. Skyfire three changes.

The technique originated from Burning Flame Valley (resided in central plain). Xiao Yan will go that valley because he want to acquire the complete technique.

2. Three thousand lightning movement

The technique originated from Wind Lightning Pavilion. It is a big problem when the pavilion discovered that Xiao Yan got their treasured technique. This pavilion stands in the same power strata as Falling Star Pavilion (Yao Lao pavilion, the one that headed by Han Feng in the drama).

Even with these cut, I still feel that 20 episodes is not enough. I am sure the drama will give us original drama story line after all.

5 hours ago, xienrue said:

@mqiuwen If we go by the novel, there are more than 10 arc to cover in central continent/plain. However, we will definitely get much lower number of arc because the drama has cut characters and power structure that has arc in the latter half of the novel. Here is the characters that get cut down:

1. Zi Yan

This is Xiao Yan senior in Jia Nan academy, the number one ranked student. She is not a human, but come from Ancient Void Dragon tribe. She has an entire arc in the novel when Xiao Yan helping her claims the dragon emperor throne. Her arc is also connected to Xiao Yan because Xiao Yan has refined wings from Heavenly Demon Phoenix tribe (yes, the wings that Xiao Yan uses in the drama). This phoenix tribe is very stinky when outsider getting their tribe corpse. So it is a very big deal when they realize that Xiao Yan got their tribe member corpse and even refine the wings. Fortunately, Ancient Void Dragon is the number one beast tribe in term of bloodline and strength. And this dragon tribe treat Heavenly Demon Phoenix tribe as food so ....

2. Yun Yun

Even though we still get this character in the drama, she didn't get enough screen time with Xiao Yan in the drama. Therefore, I doubt season 2 will dedicated an arc for her. Perhaps the drama will give her story to Nalan Yanran instead.

3. Qing Lin

More or less one of Xiao Yan harem. She has special constitution (something related with snake, I don't remember). 

4. Liu Qing

One of Xiao Yan senior buddies from Jia Nan academy. The drama perhaps will give his story to Lin Xiu Ya.

5. Yao clan (one of 8 ancient clans)

This is Yao Lao clan. This is a clan that more or less specialize in alchemy. Yao Lao is thrown away from his clan when he was young. Later on he will return there with Xiao Yan. But since the drama gives us a diluted form of 8 ancient clans in the form of 5 families, well ......

The number of arcs will further cut down because those arcs connected with dou qi technique that Xiao Yan learns:

1. Skyfire three changes.

The technique originated from Burning Flame Valley (resided in central plain). Xiao Yan will go that valley because he want to acquire the complete technique.

2. Three thousand lightning movement

The technique originated from Wind Lightning Pavilion. It is a big problem when the pavilion discovered that Xiao Yan got their treasured technique. This pavilion stands in the same power strata as Falling Star Pavilion (Yao Lao pavilion, the one that headed by Han Feng in the drama).

Even with these cut, I still feel that 20 episodes is not enough. I am sure the drama will give us original drama story line after all.

Pretty sure they are going to present us the new plot like they do in the middle of this season. Its sad to see minor dev of Yun Yun as even Medusa wont have much screen here. 

Anyone confirm when the season 2 is aired?

9 hours ago, bastion said:

Pretty sure they are going to present us the new plot like they do in the middle of this season. Its sad to see minor dev of Yun Yun as even Medusa wont have much screen here. 

Anyone confirm when the season 2 is aired?

@bastion I have read in one of the Chinese article (I forgot the site since I searched it at early last month) the second season will directly follow the first season, but since I saw one article seeing that the director, wu lei, li qin, and some other stuff had dinner together made me doubt that they will change or add something. iIAM NOT SURE EITHER.

1 hour ago, Kalla17 said:

@bastion I have read in one of the Chinese article (I forgot the site since I searched it at early last month) the second season will directly follow the first season, but since I saw one article seeing that the director, wu lei, li qin, and some other stuff had dinner together made me doubt that they will change or add something. iIAM NOT SURE EITHER.

Thank god they have done the production as i am afraid they will postpone the season 2 airing and leaves us with hanging plots, thanks mate.

I just hope they follow the plot as close as possible considering i am hearing many fans are angry toward their decision to add and swap many scenes.

2 hours ago, bastion said:

Thank god they have done the production as i am afraid they will postpone the season 2 airing and leaves us with hanging plots, thanks mate.

I just hope they follow the plot as close as possible considering i am hearing many fans are angry toward their decision to add and swap many scenes.

they better not to postpone the second season, since this drama places 3rd (Ruyi love is the first place and all-out love is the second) on the popular drama airing for online search, they have to take this chance to get more viewers and money of course. to the fact that this drama get lots of attention because the different storyline from the novel and manga (not following the original), there is also criticism about the low budget,  the style or clothing (especially for yixian style, most of her fans unsatisfied about it) and the performance (mostly for linyun, because of her expression and body language, she got lots of criticism for it, but I think she is okay for the newbe, I mean, she can improve her acting from this experience, remember this is her first drama). 

As non novel reader, I don't know exactly about the storyline, I watch it as long as I enjoy the story, characters, and the acting. I am glad I am watching it, as I learn lots about the drama storyline and plan to read the novel later. moreover, I amaze for the production team with low budget they manage to pull the drama story (scenes per epi) and get me to watch for the next epi (always thinking why this drama not airing every day. waiting is suck). 

3 hours ago, Kalla17 said:

they better not to postpone the second season, since this drama places 3rd (Ruyi love is the first place and all-out love is the second) on the popular drama airing for online search, they have to take this chance to get more viewers and money of course. to the fact that this drama get lots of attention because the different storyline from the novel and manga (not following the original), there is also criticism about the low budget,  the style or clothing (especially for yixian style, most of her fans unsatisfied about it) and the performance (mostly for linyun, because of her expression and body language, she got lots of criticism for it, but I think she is okay for the newbe, I mean, she can improve her acting from this experience, remember this is her first drama). 

As non novel reader, I don't know exactly about the storyline, I watch it as long as I enjoy the story, characters, and the acting. I am glad I am watching it, as I learn lots about the drama storyline and plan to read the novel later. moreover, I amaze for the production team with low budget they manage to pull the drama story (scenes per epi) and get me to watch for the next epi (always thinking why this drama not airing every day. waiting is suck). 

is there any reason why Hunan forced to reschedule the airing to wednesday and thursday and  will it get back to normal? I heard they got 1 billion viewers and they still reschedule it. As for acting, I am actually okay with Leo and Lin Yun acting, not so impressive, but still relatively good for a new comer.

the advantage of small budget production like this one is how the producers and the team creatively maximize their budget to create every scene and no wonder the result is great. I really want to see how the Martial Universe team's reaction on seeing how bad their drama is received by audience in fact they us good amount of budget here. Even the main lead acting and characterization  are bad here.

2 hours ago, bastion said:

is there any reason why Hunan forced to reschedule the airing to wednesday and thursday and  will it get back to normal? I heard they got 1 billion viewers and they still reschedule it. As for acting, I am actually okay with Leo and Lin Yun acting, not so impressive, but still relatively good for a new comer.

the advantage of small budget production like this one is how the producers and the team creatively maximize their budget to create every scene and no wonder the result is great. I really want to see how the Martial Universe team's reaction on seeing how bad their drama is received by audience in fact they us good amount of budget here. Even the main lead acting and characterization  are bad here.

Dear @bastion my mate, this reschedule was due to the new drama of Huang xiaoming (the years you are late), Hunan said this is to commemorate the 40th years of economic reform of Chinese, they should give time airing for it (I thought this drama couldn't be airing this year as the scandal of huang xiao ming). So til the end, FBS will only air for two days wedn., and thur., as I think that 6 ep per week is not enough, now we only got 4 ep.   

Actually, not just FBS, all out love also got puss back from the primetime slot. 7 pm to 10 pm. Hunan strategy to get more attention and money is something. who doesn't want to watch an actor performance after his scandal? most of the people will, and right they got it. Moreover, Hunan knows that all out of love is being loved by the public and FBS is being talked by the viewers (exactly 1.8 billion viewers for the last week, maybe add for more if we calculate it till today). the longer the drama is airing, more money will be earned. for example, I am as the inpatient viewer will search all about the stuff and watch the drama again and of course, will have enough time to talk and discuss specific thing in the drama. 

For Martial Un. I do not really want to talk about it, afraid to offense all of yang yang fans out there, hehehe. in short, big budget, well-known actors, and enough amount of promotion but the result is less than the expectation (As I do not care much about yang yang, do not interest in his personality trait and his acting performance, I watched his L.O2 drama). until the middle of the MU, I was expecting the development of the characters, but sorry I gave up. 

Archived