[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Fights Break Sphere 斗破苍穹

sugarplum892

On 10/3/2018 at 8:30 AM, bastion said:

I guess its nearly confirmed that Wu Lei will leave the main lead in season 2 due of fans critics and backslash. He has turned the offers and recommending another actor

And yeah, the season 2 is not even yet in production, so better sure to see it at least next year.  I am quite dissapointed to see this recent news.

Source https://www.jaynestars.com/news/leo-wu-recommends-another-actor-to-replace-him-for-fights-breaks-spheres-2/

why is he getting backlash??

If Liu Haoran is doing s2 though i love Wu Lei but Haoran has a special place in my heart. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/24/2018 at 12:22 AM, Wotad said:

why is he getting backlash??

If Liu Haoran is doing s2 though i love Wu Lei but Haoran has a special place in my heart. 

The viewers from the Novel fans mostly complaint about its acting. Some people say cannot potray the Xiao Yan very well. I have no problem at all toward this case, and yet have different opinion.

BTW, I know Wu Lei for a long time, but never heard Liu Haoran before, so i cannot tell much about his acting

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Fights Break Sphere 斗破苍穹

006CwWtqgy1fwkx0gos0lj31jk111npd.jpgI'm so sad only in ending she appeared.

(Why there's not even a single pic of Main couple , Xiao Yan and Yixian together having Pics so many as much she appeared only in few episodes -So for me it's always XiaoYan and Yixian As Couple  )

11 minutes ago, coffeereads said:

How come there was another spatial ring? or was that the one taken by Han Feng? How can Xun Er just leave him there?? I wanted to read the novel, but i think the flow is a bit different..:cry:

It was the one taken by Han Feng, Xiao Yan knows this would happen. For Xun Er, i dont really know why she leaves him  there since she could take him somewhere or she maybe knows his plan. Forget about the novel, the plot is totally different

33 minutes ago, bastion said:

It was the one taken by Han Feng, Xiao Yan knows this would happen. For Xun Er, i dont really know why she leaves him  there since she could take him somewhere or she maybe knows his plan. Forget about the novel, the plot is totally different

yes, it seems like the plot is different, it's just season 2 would not be happening until next year or longer..  did Xiao Yan and Yao Lao already devised a plan against Han Feng??

i'm fine with it ending like this.The only thing I'm disappointed in is HOW XUN ER TREATED HIM. 
She said she loves him but at his death, she just LEFT HIM THERE. Unless it's a plan by them, if not then she is a heartless B****. 

A decent friend would at least attempt a proper burial.....she just left him there to die and get devour on by insects, wild animals, and etc. 

I still can't believe this. Not because it ended this way, but because of Xun Er. URGH. Ok I'm done ranting. 

• 1 month later...

I really enjoyed Leo Wu in this drama..I thought he did an excellent job!!! I considered not watching season 2 because he would not be in it. I thought Leo did an excellent job. He has recommended his friend Liu HaoRan. I truly like this young actor too. I thought he did a fabulous job in Nirvana in Fire 2. I  recommend that drama to anyone who hasn't seen it. One thing that will keep me from watching season 2 is if they decide to give  Xiao Yan a harem.. I would like to see him get stronger and the novel reads & for him to battle evil but I want him to get Xiao Xun Er back to his side. Not poison girl or anyone else then he and XunEr can fight evil. I really hope that they don't follow the novel too close.  Xiao Yan  our young hero doesn't need to go out making babies where he doesn't need to be. I haven''t read the novel nor do I wish to. I enjoyed the drama of season one and would like to see season 2, I'll just have to wait and see.. Plus I hope I'm still living when season 2 finally gets here same with season 2 of Ever Night.

On 9/21/2018 at 12:16 AM, xienrue said:

Hi, everyone! So I have watched this drama until episode 15 with subs, thus I think this is the time to chime in to give my impression. First I have to admit that I am a novel reader (the novel is already translated completely to english long before this drama comes out). Big part of my reason checking this drama is the novel. The novel is quite long even though it is count as rather normal short for xianxia. I have concern about how far the novel that the drama will cover. Before I unleash my rant here, let me listing the cultivation level from lowest to highest so you can follow my thought easier. I feel that the drama doesn't really explain the leveling ......

Cultivation level: (someone needs to reach 9 stars in a level before can go up to the next level)

Dou Zhe

Dou Shi

Da Dou Shi

Dou Ling

Dou Wang

Dou Huang

Dou Zong

Dou Zun (this is Yao Lao level before he "died")

Dou Sheng

Dou Di (as you can see Dou Di actually just the highest level of cultivation and everyone can rise to one, if they strong enough)

I understand that for this kind of long novel as source material and with lots of character, it is normal for a drama to change something. I  actually quite love the change in the beginning. Xiao Yan characterization in drama beginning is strong and I really feel his struggle and pain. Making Yao Lao master of his mother is also a nice twist. But the further I goes to later episodes, the more I get disappointed. Here I go:

1. Xun Er characterization

She (in the novel and the drama) is a someone from Gu family, the one with the highest potential to become Dou Di. And Gu family is the strongest entity in the story world, especially after Xiao family felt from grace years before the story starts. So for someone like her, to treat Xiao Yan very well even when he is in the lowest state of his life tells a lot. Sadly the drama is kind neglecting the Gu family prestige, therefore taking away Xun Er characterization, making her boring ..... Even I who know her background from the novel feels her rather boring in the drama. I cannot imagine how it is for non-novel reader.

2. Nalan family

I don't understand why the drama making Nalan family so important. In the novel, this is just a small family. In front of Gu family and past Xiao family, this family is actually akin to nobody. Perhaps for those who do not aware of the novel this is an okay thing. But for novel reader, this is just ....... I understand that it is difficult to mimic 8 great family as described in the novel (too complicated and too many character) but to elevate Nalan family is too hard to swallow.

3. Alchemy profession

This should be a very prestigious profession because not everyone can become an alchemist. Your dou qi needs to belong to fire nature and you should have a tint of wood element, too. Not to mention other harsh requirement, it is practically very rare to find an alchemist therefore they are very much revered. I am very disappointed when the drama treat this profession like something that everybody can choose to learn. The very fact that Xiao Yan is an alchemist is one of the thing that elevated his prestige in the story.

4. Heavenly flame

I thought they translate it to "earthly flame or something" in the drama. There are 23 heavenly flames, just as have been stated in the drama. What the drama fails to tell that it is very rare for someone to possess one of these flames. First, they are very difficult to find. Second, taking them into the body is a suicide matter. The drama makes these flames look cheap and easy to tame .... Not to mention that Flame Method that Xiao Yan practicing is the only Qi method that allows him to have more than 1 heavenly flame. The very fact that he can have 2 heavenly flame (bone chilling and green lotus) should make people very surprised. Where is this surprise in the drama????

5. Jia Nan academy arc

Xiao Yan in the novel is never get bullied in this academy. In the novel, academy arc is started after he has finished his deal with Nalan Yanran. He is a Da Dou Shi when he finally goes to the academy and added with his heavenly flame and skill in alchemy, no one can bully him. So I am rather appalled seeing how Jia Nan academy arc is depicted in the drama.

Reveal hidden contents

Xiao Yan's only reason to ever going to this academy in the first place is to get a heavenly flame that resided in the academy (Yao Lao is above everything that Jia Nan academy can teach him).

6. Xiao Yan and Xun Er romance

Even though Xiao Yan shares his affection to a couple of women, in his heart there is only Xun Er. I am sad that the drama fails to tell that Flame method that Xiao Yan learns from Yao Lao is a very vicious method. He needs to swallow heavenly flame for that method to evolve. A pretty harsh requirement because of the nature of heavenly flame itself (as I have explained above). But he still chooses that method. There are two reason for that: one is to revive Yao Lao, second is for Xun Er. Because only by completely evolved that method to the highest level, he will ever have a chance with Xun Er. So basically Xiao Yan chooses the harshest way of training not because Nalan Yanran, but because Xun Er. In the entire story we get to see how much confident Xun Er has on him that she is willing to wait for him and going against her family while Xiao Yan never gives up to become stronger. Because unless he becomes very strong, Gu family will never let Xun Er marries outsider. I really like when Xiao Yan ask Xun Er to wait for him become strong enough to be worthy of her.

Reveal hidden contents

Xiao Yan is only dare to finally talk about marriage when he is a Dou Sheng (Xun Er is also a Dou Sheng at that point) and marry her when he is a Dou Di (practically the strongest person in the world). So you can see here how difficult it is for him to get the girl. By that point of time Nalan Yanran is just an un-important weak side character. I think she is only a Dou Zong in the end story. Again this highlight my complain about how the drama elevate Nalan family importance.

Based on the trailer that I have seen, it seems that they will separate in the drama (same thing happen in the novel). I hope that the separation will make the story more interesting since I see Xun Er in Princess like garb.

I am sorry for the long rant. I will keep on watching because I am already emotionally invested thus I need to see this until the end .... I only hope the drama adaptation will get better in the later episodes and my disappointment is only caused by filler.

I hope all of you non-novel reader enjoy watching this drama. Please share your thought. I am curious of how this drama judged by fresh eyes. And for novel reader like me, lets us just keeps on watching ......:unsure:

I finished the novel and 100% agree with you. I made an account just to say this...

@willyliaw I am honored that you made an account to comment to my post .

Even until now I am still stuck at episode 32. Watching the future episodes trailer and reading people post here regarding the ending just suck up all my enthusiasm. Add my increase in work load these past two months, I end up losing any will to continue (for now at least).

Honestly, this is my first time watching xianxia novel (the ones that focusing on cultivation with at least few hundreds chapters) adaption from the novel that I read. So perhaps I was at fault for setting my expectation too high. Until today I still rage for how the drama butchered the "sacredness" of alchemy profession and Xian Yan - Xun Er romance.

• 1 month later...

I don't understand why is this thing still called "斗破苍穹" when almost the whole story was changed into a totally different way from the novel. It might not mean much for those who never read the novel but I felt like puking. No, I puked. 

Gu Xun Er can refine pills? Oh please, she does not have the fire type qi needed for pill refining. 

Xiao Yi Xian's first appearance is totally different than original. Xiao Yi Xian is called Xiao Yi Xian because the first time MC met her, she is like a innocent medical doctor that is pure and simple. That's the origin for her name. 

So why did the story changed so much? I can assure you that it is changed so that the "heroines" and more beautiful girls can come together and appear more, more exposure ya' know?  I don't hate that but thing is, the whole story is already not the same so why is it still called  "斗破苍穹"? Using the name to attract the fans of the novel? I don't see the need tho'~

And the logic in the drama is totally off. Many parts do not make sense. The novel is actually attracting readers because it has a good plot and the arcs are very nicely connected even though the MC is a sh-it (my opinion). And now? They plucked off what's left of the remaining sweet part of the tree leaving nothing. 

Conclusion is, this thing can just change to another name already. No idea why the author lets his book being tarnished to this degree. I state that I am just here to rant because the yucky feeling in my mouth just won't go away after I watched the drama.

• 5 months later...

This is such a shame. I'm a big fan of Leo Wu and loved this show because of him. His cheekiness brings anything to life. This show was pretty awesome. So don't know what rubbish the so called critics are on about. Will miss him in season 2 though but his recommended replacement is awesome to big fan of Liu Ho Ran as well. Currently watching Novoland: Eagle flag and l think he is awesome. Will miss the twinkle in Leo's eyes though.:tears:

• 4 weeks later...

Everything  with this drama is clearly perfect. I loved the actors ,Editings , Even dialogues were really inspiring.

I hope that the season 2 will be in production soon.

I will not be in peace until I'll watch the final episode of season 2 .

Everyone should support this kind of greag word done by the production team .

In my opinion everything  was Awesome and This drama's season 2 must be done soon .

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Phaytee said:

I really do prefer the movie to the novel the characters were brilliant. So I really await season 2. I totally  ship xiao yan and xun er relationship 

i am not reading the novel yet, 

in TV adaptation/live-action drama, they strengthen the love relationship between xiao yan and xiao yi xian

in donghua/anime, they strengthen the love story between xiao yan and yun yun

in manhua/manga/comic, they strengthen the love story of xiao yan and medusa 

how about novel?

• 2 months later...

Archived