[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Fights Break Sphere 斗破苍穹

sugarplum892

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nihao......I wanna join all of you because I like this drama and wanna know more about this, need all your help.

as @mqiuwen stated above, and I watch the BTS and epi until 27, linyun play both xun'er and villain valley boss, what are the relationship of xun'er and the VVboss? how about in the novel? sorry I have never read the novel nor the manga either. 

I kinda like the character of yixian (she is different from xun'er (understanding, supportive and elegant) or nalan yaran, yunyun,  medusa (strong will character)). as I read the character description from somewhere else, xiao yixian character is different from the manga, in the drama she is plafull, clingy, bold and brave to show her affection and its give more color to the drama. can anyone tell me how does her character in the novel? 

is true xiao yixian will die in the drama? as I saw some information that she will sacrifice herself for xiao yan, while xiao yan want to marry yixian because he feels sorry for the death of her father because of xiao yan. As I got the information they are going to shoot the second season with Wu lei, Li qin, the director and the writers got caught by the media that they had dinner these few days. will yi xian die in this 40- epi? for some reasons I will be glade if yixian die ( for xiao yan) and I hope if there is the second season, they will cast the original actors and actrees. 

I saw the relationship of xun'er and xiao yan is really slow but its grow stronger per episode and I love it. I mean our young man innocent feeling for xun'er (who support and believe in him from a child until now). now I understand why our xiao yan condition has been hard for many years and xun'er always there by his side. it will be difficult for him to show his feeling as he wants to become stronger and have some mission in his life that always involve danger action. 

anyway, I am just happy that wu lei in this drama got a lot of romance and involved 5 girls, hehehe, watched his tomb of the sea drama and sad about the end of his girl died tragically. 

4 hours ago, mqiuwen said:

Does Xun Er has a twin sister? The Villain Valley boss looked like Xun Er when she removed her mask... :blink:

Did any of you notice it? 

Hide contents

Yes I noticed and have no idea. Was the entire thing a test and Xun Er  was in on it?

41 minutes ago, Kalla17 said:

can someone tell me why xun'er and medusa did not appear in the new poster release? 

http://www.dramapanda.com/2018/09/wu-lei-and-karry-wang-impress-in.html

Xun er  is there.

19 hours ago, bluemoony said:

Yes I noticed and have no idea. Was the entire thing a test and Xun Er  was in on it?

I thought Xun Er and the Villain Valley boss were the same person, but they weren't. I rewatched the battle episodes and while Xun Er was standing next to the boys watching Xian Yan fight, the Village boss was sitting up on the platform. There's no way they both could be the same person. I'm thinking that maybe she's Xun Er's mom who left the village long time ago and somehow managed to stay young... :lol:

Finally catch up to episode 27. The story deviates more and more from the novel. I cannot say I like it since the change does not make the story better in my opinion. Instead, it makes everything confusing and creating plot holes everywhere.

Before I elaborate in my rant, I will answer a couple of question in this thread.

@bluemoony The story about Xiao Yan get infected with evil technique does not exist in the novel. One that almost resemble that one is when Xiao Yan get poisoned by a Dou Zong from Soul Hall. That Dou Zong practically is doing a suicide in order to plant the poison. Xiao Yan needs to find a Dou Zun expert if he wants to rid the poison (Xiao Yi Xian helps him to suppress the poison for the meanwhile) or Xiao Yan himself must become Dou Zong if he wants to refine the poison himself. At that time, Xiao Yan is still a Dou Wang.

@mqiuwen No, Xun Er does not have a twin sister in the novel. Moreover, the Villain Village does not exist in the novel. Yes, there are existence that lives deep down below the magma, but they are not people (they are like animal/beast like existence). I don't know where the drama will take the story with this twist. I am annoyed with this villain village arc mess because the snake thing that lives in the magma should have been a heavenly flame: Flame Heart flame that takes a dragon form. And existence that lives deep down in the magma is guarding Dou Di mansion .......

@Kalla17 Xiao Yi Xian in the novel is a elegant lady. In term of appearance and demeanor, she is not losing to Xun Er. In the novel, Xun Er is depicted as goddess. She is like those highborn ladies; very elegant and high class, also very much pretty. Unfortunately the drama change Xiao Yi Xian character.

Xiao Yi Xian is not dead in the end of novel. She is pretty much alive. Hai Bo Dong is also alive. These two do not have any relationship in the novel anyway.

@RPM Sorry, I mixed up Lin Xiu Ya with another Xiao Yan senior, Liu Qing. The information regarding Lin Xiu Ya in the Jia Nan academy that I gave you is correct, but Lin Xiu Ya does not have any clan mentioned that lives in the central continent. Actually this character is kind of disappeared until the end of the story where he appears for a short while. So, Xiao Yan has three male buddies from Jia Nan academy that significant (accompanying him fighting the Misty Cloud Sect, drinking buddies when Xiao Yan has become Dou Di, etc): Lin Xiu Ya, Lin Yan, and Liu Qing. Those three are high rank senior students in Jia Nan academy. Bai Cheng, Bai Shan are small fry compared to them.

The drama cut Lin Yan and Liu Qing and gives us instead Hao Tian and Han Xian. Hao Tian does not exist in the novel and Han Xian is never become buddy with Xiao Yan. I am very annoyed that Xiao Yan fighting with Han Xian with dou qi instead using alchemy as depicted in the novel. It is not logical for Han Xian which claimed to be an alchemist to want to fight with Xiao Yan using dou qi. We need to understand here that an existence like Xiao Yan who is good in both dou qi and alchemy is very rare.

My rant ......

1. The cultivation level seems to not be relevant in the latter episodes. Last time I heard Xiao Yan cultivation level is mentioned was when he about to fought Han Xian, which was Dou Shi. I don't even know what level he is now. Anybody know? Perhaps I missed it when I skipping and fast forwarding. All I hear in the drama is that he is powerful. But how powerful? What is the level of his opponent?

And I found it laughable when Xiao Yan is dare to fight against Soul Hall envoy in this point of time.

Also, the drama failed to mention the difference in power between cultivation level. Starting from Dou Wang, the power difference between level become more prominence. And starting from Dou Zong, the power difference between star become more prominence. When it is Dou Sheng level, the difference between star is very big that it is almost impossible to beat someone even one star higher even though both are Dou Sheng.

2. Alchemy tier is also not mentioned or important in the drama. Alchemy tier of someone is very much important. The alchemy tier is directly related with what tier of medicine that they can refine. There are 10 tier of alchemy and medicine with tier 1 is the lowest. The highest tier is called Di Tier instead of tier 10. The skill that Fan Ling and Xiao Yan display by using their own hand to replace pill couldron is only can be done when someone is around tier 8. At this point of time, Xiao Yan should still around tier 4/5. :blink:

3. Why they killed Nalan Jie? In the novel this guy stays alive until the end. I want to see and hear he himself regretting his action cancelling the engagement instead of hearing it through Nalan Yanran. Moreover, as novel reader the fact that Nalan family is just a small fry is etched in my brain. Thus seeing in the drama that this family elevated to be shoulder to shoulder with 8 great/ancient families in the novel is very disturbing.

4. Xiao Yan and Xun Er relationship. In the drama it is very clear that Xun Er loves Xiao Yan. But until episode 27, I have not seed the definite scene that shows Xiao Yan loves Xun Er. He is still treating her like a sister to me.  This matter should have been clarified before they departed to Jia Nan academy. And the drama seems to be downgraded Xun Er a lot. She is an idol in the academy with her looks and talent. However she is indifferent to everyone except to Xiao Yan. All I see in the drama now, Xun Er is no difference with other women; it is no big deal if she likes Xiao Yan. Sigh .......

@bastion Same. I also don't understand the plot anymore. I wish we can be done with School arc as soon as possible. At this point of time I don't know how the drama tells about Xiao Yan get Flame Heart flame. Hopefully the drama is not hoping us to be satisfied to a Xiao Yan with only 2 heavenly flame.

@xienrue Have you heard someone mentioning about season 2? Or they would just push everything into the left 15 episodes? The plot seems slow and i dont really know how they could solve all the problems with the remaining episode.

about Xun er, i guess she is the only possible lady that Xiao yan is going to marry considering Polygamy is not common in drama and in fact both of them even have their couple ost played in episode 5 sung by Lin Yun

7 minutes ago, bastion said:

Have you heard someone mentioning about season 2? Or they would just push everything into the left 15 episodes? The plot seems slow and i dont really know how they could solve all the problems with the remaining episode.

Yes, I have heard of season 2. Hopefully it is real and not just fake rumor. It is impossible for the drama to cram all the story left in 15 episodes. The farthest they can go at this point of time is until Xiao Yan make an enemy with Misty Cloud sect. At this point of time "three years" feels like a redundant joke to me. I don't see Xiao Yan anxiously leveling up for that agreement. Instead we have problems piled over ......

I dislike how Xiao Yan marries Medusa in the novel because that marriage is more of moral responsibility instead of love. And in the entire novel, Xiao Yan only feels the need to lovey dovey with Xun Er. I feel it is really unfair to Xun Er that waiting for Xiao Yan despite having lots of suitor and pressure from her clan. So I hope in the drama, Xiao Yan will marry only Xun Er. But the relationship progress in the drama is very slow, it is almost stagnant. In the novel I very much like when Xiao Yan states his claim over Xun Er. In a way it shows his determination in their relationship that he will definitely do everything in his power to show everyone that he is worthy of her.

40 minutes ago, xienrue said:

1. The cultivation level seems to not be relevant in the latter episodes. Last time I heard Xiao Yan cultivation level is mentioned was when he about to fought Han Xian, which was Dou Shi. I don't even know what level he is now. Anybody know? Perhaps I missed it when I skipping and fast forwarding. All I hear in the drama is that he is powerful. But how powerful? What is the level of his opponent?

I don't recall in any of latter episodes about the cultivation level that Xiao Yan has. I think he's still stuck in the 3rd level, but I could be wrong. 

26 minutes ago, bastion said:

about Xun er, i guess she is the only possible lady that Xiao yan is going to marry considering Polygamy is not common in drama and in fact both of them even have their couple ost played in episode 5 sung by Lin Yun

I really wish for Xun Er and Xiao Yan to end up together in the drama. So far she's the only lady that has stayed/accompanied him thru all his ordeals. However, it got me think.. aren't both of them like "blood" related? Xiao Yan's mom is Xun Er's dad sister, so wouldn't both of them getting together be wrong?

@xienrue As usual dear pengyou, thank you so much for sharing the info on the novel. I still haven't made up my mind to commit to reading the novel since it's sooooo long :lol:. I see that you're a Xian Yan/Xun Er shipper and I love it :wub:. I watched some clips of the drama and it seems that Xun Er will be joining/going back to her clan and learn how to use the bow/arrow. Was there any time in the novel where Xun Er and Xiao Yan got separated for a long time? Like, she went back to her hometown and Xiao Yan stayed in his... 

@xienrue Eisssh means at least we need to wait until 2019 to see the second season considering how long they take to film everything, or have they finished the second season filming too. What i really care now is to see how Xiao Yan and Xun er ends 

He marries Medusa because of the baby and not really about love. I am said to see Xun Er as she already done so many things to him and end up being as the second wife.

11 minutes ago, mqiuwen said:

I don't recall in any of latter episodes about the cultivation level that Xiao Yan has. I think he's still stuck in the 3rd level, but I could be wrong. 

I really wish for Xun Er and Xiao Yan to end up together in the drama. So far she's the only lady that has stayed/accompanied him thru all his ordeals. However, it got me think.. aren't both of them like "blood" related? Xiao Yan's mom is Xun Er's dad sister, so wouldn't both of them getting together be wrong?

Nope they are not blood related as Xun er originally sent to Xiao Clan to be a spies for getting the ancient jade  but end up falling in love to him. I guess they would explain it for later in the upconing episode. Her real name is Gu Xun from Gu Clan.

@bastion What? They haven't even started filming?

Yes, he marries Medusa because of the baby, hence moral responsibility or more like obligation. I dislike this very much when I read the novel. Not to mention we see Xiao Yan exerts so much effort in order to be able to marry Xun Er; rise from declined Xiao clan to be a stronger existence compared with those young generation from other ancient clans. Battle through the Heavens is one of Xian xia that I like the romance in it.

In the drama, Xiao Yan mother comes from Gu clan. However, I am sure that the drama would not make them blood related since Xiao Yan and Xun Er is the main pairing. The drama would not mess up with this important fact right???

@mqiuwen Your welcome! I know that for some people reading those thousand chapters is troublesome:lol:. Xian xia is a genre with monstrous chapters ......

About your question regarding Xun Er and Xiao Yan, yes they will be separated for a long time (around 10 years). In the middle of that long separation, they meet for two times but they soon separate again. It is when they are both Dou Sheng that they have freedom to be together.

2 minutes ago, xienrue said:

@bastion What? They haven't even started filming?

Yes, he marries Medusa because of the baby, hence moral responsibility or more like obligation. I dislike this very much when I read the novel. Not to mention we see Xiao Yan exerts so much effort in order to be able to marry Xun Er; rise from declined Xiao clan to be a stronger existence compared with those young generation from other ancient clans. Battle through the Heavens is one of Xian xia that I like the romance in it.

I don't really know fact they have started the filming or not and yet we need to wait for the confirmation. 

If they really end up with season 2, i guess they would just go with 20 episode as 30 to 40 is impossible and would make everything being boring with some important matters. LOCH is based on quite long novel and end up with 55 episodes

@bastion What? 20 episode? Sigh, what can they cram in those little number of episodes anyway? I am pretty sure we will not get central plain arc in this season 1, looking from the slow pace. But there are lots of things happen in the central plain which impossible to be crammed in only 20 episodes. There are alchemy competition, saving Yao Lao (this perhaps get cut), ancient clan arc (I am waiting for this but since the drama cut the other 5 families ....... sigh .....), and final battle. In those 20 episode Xiao Yan needs to rise from Dou Wang/Dou Huang (depend on when they cut the season 1) to Dou Di. Seems will be pretty rushed to me.

I hope that the drama will show us a Dou Di Xiao Yan. The final battle is so awesome in the novel.

Archived