[Drama 2017] The Liar and His Lover, 그녀는 거짓말을 너무 사랑해 - Lee Hyun Woo, Joy

Chi Le

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to watch the raw.. once I see raw. If you back read pages, I've been saying wanna see if this will be  similar in vibe to the J-movies I've seen twice.

The other J-movie- Solomon's Perjury with a recent k version ( finished already) was done  and acted superbly and I thoroughly enjoyed, Hoping  the same thing for this k version.  And again, since storie involves a band, sound engineer, characters whose passion   are singing and writing music, hoping good OST for this.. as well.  But mainly hoping this will be a good drama. In the j-movie- they first met / bumped on the bridge. Lets see how this one goes.

FIRST OST:

MUSIC VIDEO JOY - YEOWOOYA (ost the liar and his lover)

My first impression: 

(First i dont really like school drama, or musical drama)

apart of music and teen days, i quiet liking love line between lead.. (kinda similiar feeling watching love birds from do bong soon drama, teen love life, heart fluttering) also there is few slow motion scene where the lead first meeting, all perfect package.. 

As newbie in acting field, joy did good job on her part.. (we know Male lead talent, so i have no comment, he did great job to make my heart beat)

i thought this would be similiar with teen musical drama, but after watching first episode, i change my mind.. 

the preview makes me feel unpatient !!! 

PREVIEW 2

CUT SCENES HERE:

Spoiler

Hi all!

I'm really excited to watch Episode 1 because I am a huge fan of Lee Hyun Woo :wub: I've been waiting for him to be casted in another drama as a main lead and the time has finally come! Episode 1 is out with subs on the site where I watch my dramas so I am off to watch it right now! :lol:

2 hours ago, ferily said:

Hi all!

I'm really excited to watch Episode 1 because I am a huge fan of Lee Hyun Woo :wub: I've been waiting for him to be casted in another drama as a main lead and the time has finally come! Episode 1 is out with subs on the site where I watch my dramas so I am off to watch it right now! :lol:

Me too! I am a huge fan of Lee Hyun Woo. I think this role fits him really well. I will have to watch it a bit later after I finish my work.

Hello. Time to rise and shine Lee Hyun Woo. Adores him so much after God of Study times along with Yoo Seung Ho. This drama is definitely my cup of tea. :) looking forward to ep2. Joy is cute. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtGUGCbZ7WxoLDpP8Uhduimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQedlnXsiEH_d_RDiu1fYDimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqhKc95Ku-hjVNQZB7_Hl

First time posting and I hope you all won't mind my joining you here while enjoying this drama.  After watching the first episode last night I was sweetly surprised at just how much I loved it!  I wasn't surprised about the OTP however by LHW & JOY whom I have seen before and really enjoyed them both.  I have to say there was a spark of chemistry between them right from the start.  Not sure if it's their eye contact or the tender vibe you almost can feel that surrounds them...

I am all about romance but this would seem to have a fresh new feel with a bonus in having some great music to go along with the story.  Just one episode but from what we know it would seem that they both will bring out something hidden within each other.  I believe he will through support of her talent and knowledge of the music world.  Not only inspire her but give her the confidence to overcome and face her fears within and give her the strength to believe not only in herself but in her talent as well.  I think she will end up giving him more by rekindling his thirst for life and just like her real name give him the JOY back that he once felt and found in music...

This is why I think JOY bringing to life YSR is so perfect and most likely why they picked her.  From watching her on WGM and Red Velvet I was always impressed by the perfection of her parents in picking out her name.  For she possess a natural bubbly personality that no one can miss or deny!  I mean her smile is larger than life and she has this caring spirit about her that gives off this warm feeling and burst for life.  That to me makes her the best choice for this role...

LHW also has some great acting ability and while watching him in Moorim School.  I was impressed at how mature he came across.  He has a way about him that makes a person believe in him.  He has tenderness in being able to understand and even protect those around him.  He has a face for some reason that says I'm strong but soft and his feelings are not like Joys out in the open but hidden behind him and underneath... He is deep but with a touch of mystery...

I think this will be a sweet journey and I believe they are a sweet match...

Looking forward to the next episode and sharing here as well...:wub:

I am a big fan of Red Velvet and its members, especially Joy but let me give an honest review of the vibe I've been getting from the 1st episode alone. I love how Joy kept smiling through the good times as well as the tough times in her life. However smiling too much for the tough times can make it seem fake. But she also did show her emotional range in the end when she remembered her past and in meeting Hyun Woo's character, by pouring out a bucket of tears but mind you those tears look fake - although her expressions were honest and a little weak. I'd say she's doing surprisingly well for her first drama. I love Hong Seo-Young's acting as well as Hyun Woo's although his expressions seemed a bit forceful at times. And trust me guys, if you let those 'Rotten Tomatoes' critics to come and give this drama a review you'll hardly be hearing any pleasant words coming out of their keyboards. So when I'm saying I was being honest with my review I wasn't actually being honest. I'm actually kind of biased towards my Joy because she has this bright and optimistic personality that you just can't help but to smile and turn a blind-eye from the screen. But I am sure the way-too-easy-to-please audiences will love this drama.

4 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

First time posting and I hope you all won't mind my joining you here while enjoying this drama.  After watching the first episode last night I was sweetly surprised at just how much I loved it!  I wasn't surprised about the OTP however by LHW & JOY whom I have seen before and really enjoyed them both.  I have to say there was a spark of chemistry between them right from the start.  Not sure if it's their eye contact or the tender vibe you almost can feel that surrounds them...

I am all about romance but this would seem to have a fresh new feel with a bonus in having some great music to go along with the story.  Just one episode but from what we know it would seem that they both will bring out something hidden within each other.  I believe he will through support of her talent and knowledge of the music world.  Not only inspire her but give her the confidence to overcome and face her fears within and give her the strength to believe not only in herself but in her talent as well.  I think she will end up giving him more by rekindling his thirst for life and just like her real name give him the JOY back that he once felt and found in music...

This is why I think JOY bringing to life YSR is so perfect and most likely why they picked her.  From watching her on WGM and Red Velvet I was always impressed by the perfection of her parents in picking out her name.  For she possess a natural bubbly personality that no one can miss or deny!  I mean her smile is larger than life and she has this caring spirit about her that gives off this warm feeling and burst for life.  That to me makes her the best choice for this role...

LHW also has some great acting ability and while watching him in Moorim School.  I was impressed at how mature he came across.  He has a way about him that makes a person believe in him.  He has tenderness in being able to understand and even protect those around him.  He has a face for some reason that says I'm strong but soft and his feelings are not like Joys out in the open but hidden behind him and underneath... He is deep but with a touch of mystery...

I think this will be a sweet journey and I believe they are a sweet match...

Looking forward to the next episode and sharing here as well...:wub:

agree with you everytime. :)

Lee Hyun Woo is person who brings smile to your face instantly. When he smiles, we would be smiling along. Such a puppy faced little gem. Hope he breaks through with this drama. Since it's Joy's first drama, i am keeping my expectations lower. But throughly enjoyed Joy in the first episode. She was a bit much smiley face though kk. 

Seeing LHW back on screens is :wub:

I love his acting and he is one person whose acting makes us feel with him.. When he is sad, u feel sad and when he is smiling, a smile automatically creeps on our face too...

I thought to not at all compare the J version and K version since this is a drama and many things need to be added.. Just the base line of the story is kept back from J version I guess... This seems to be a more innocent version.. I was a little bit sceptical about LHW playing the character, but he seems to well fit in with his innocent yet convincing acting...! 

Joy is not bad for a new-comer.. Joy and LHW actually have a spark... Hope this drama can get LHW the praises he deserves .. He is one of the fine actors of this generation... 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOqoAJvgCIRI8Luoox9jTimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_-R4NojsO7QiPaav7zCutumblr_inline_olpir3ovbn1qbinb4_1280.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQONP4SqO0m8LwNlmHWDwf

Episode 2 left me wanting one thing, MORE...

I can only write about what I see and feel as I view the characters bring a story to life.  I know what is being said about Joy's acting after only one episode!  Unbelievable :( I for one really wish those people would step back and consider this young woman who is so talented and working so hard to give us her best.  If acting and singing and even dancing were so simple everyone would be doing it. Here is the deal it isn't,  maybe instead of opening up mouths or using hurtful words, just maybe we should open up our hearts...  In stead of breaking down a talented girls spirit why not choose to lift her up...

I guess my point is people should remember that she is young and seems to be such a sweet soul.  I don't agree with their thoughts and enjoyed that she was so tender in all the right spots.  No doubt about her being talented because that girl can really sing all on her own. Not to mention I thought she was beautiful and when she sings her whole being just lights up and you can see it's really not acting at all.  Music is a real part of her...

I loved when YSR sang with KHK's Dad I hope we see more of them in the future together there was something relaxing in just watching them together.  I think he felt her talent too and I loved his kindness and even concern in asking if she was run away.  With only 2 episodes its still to early to know everything about him.  But you could feel his thoughtfulness and see his unending love for his passion music...

I felt most moved and sorry for YSR whose reactions to falling in love, having a crush or even love at first sight brought back so many memories and heart aches that most people can relate to when they were just like her.  A real and honest look at all those first time feelings and thoughts, excitement and fears.  I loved how she was honest and didn't hold back one bit just laid her heart out there.  For him to not only see but in giving KHK the best of herself something from her heart singing his song.  Even after he was so hard on her still she took the courage to meet him one last time to give him something money can't buy, something he can't find anywhere else because its just that unique a part of her heart...

KHK has a lot of baggage from his past and I think he has a lot to learn about giving love and maybe even about compassion in understanding how others might feel.  Thinking with your heart instead of ones mind.  I think YSR through her innocence and maybe even her age and personality will teach him that passion is important, but not more important than those around you... For the greatest songs come from the heart...:heart:

All credit and thanks to original owners of photos...   Have a great week everyone:wub:

Archived