[Official] GOBLIN COUPLE | Kim Go Eun x Gong Yoo

Emily Bett

7 hours ago, pnaysurfer84 said:

@yonjo, maybe I'm already delusional, so excuse me for being delusional: a girl in her mid-20's won't be chasing a guy, touching him, staring at him, responding to his kisses that way, etc. without any feelings? and for a man who is in his mid-30's who has a major crush on said girl, to praise her in front of the press without any malice, to take a picture of her, to be always close by, watching and waiting....oh our ship. BALL IS ON GE'S COURT, GALS...This darn restriction is on the stalemate nugu bf.

huhuhu....reading in on too much BTS and body language. I haven't done this for 2 yrs.

@madmonika, there's no going back now. HAHAHA!

Gong Yoo has to commit himself out of the hermit life first:lol:

• Like 7

23 hours ago, ilxyoung said:

OMG GUYS WATCH THIS I FREAKIN SCREAMED!!!! I REALLY  LOVE THE ENDING OF GOBLIN BUT WAIT UNTIL THE END OF THIS VID GOSH THE FEELS

OMG THAT was perfect! Way too cute!

14 hours ago, 122am said:

It will be total waste if this perfect human specimen (GY) doesn't procreate or have offspring.

Seriously. His genetics need to enter the gene pool, especially with someone as adorable as KGE. I'll be so depressed if he doesn't get married and have kids. He seems to adore children!

• Like 13

4 hours ago, rm1ok said:

I'm curious though in Korea Gong Yoo and Go Eun's relationship in Goblin wasn't necessarily looked well upon because of "pedophilia"...is this couple shipping popular in Korea as well or just internationally? ㅠ.ㅠ 

Pedophilia they say

smhn.gif

• Like 6

1 hour ago, madmonika said:

I also hope tvN will broadcast the bts. They're so stingy with Goblin's bts. I want to buy the Director Cut and Blue Ray edition. But since I feel betrayed by the ending, I'm now rethinking whether I should buy it or not. And, it's also pretty expensive. I'll definitely buy it if it contains so many ShinTak and GY GE moments. I need someone to review the product first.

@sooyoungdaebak  thank you for the gifs, and gaaaah, your photos... so it's also you with the 변태 mind lol. (Not complaining tho ㅋㅋㅋ) Look at Gong Yoo's eyes, so deep, as deep as ocean:heart:

He really does look younger from the Goryeo and Canada scenes to the later scenes. So this is how the hormone works. His brain must produce so many dopamine, his face is glowing ㅋㅋㅋ

(I also need to go to mental hospital)

@madmonika - that's one very good tip !

Does it mean If I stare at GY pic (  lets say ,  practices religiously for 10mis or at most an hour every day ) , i may become  Glowing-brightly-as-ET-be-like ?  ( giggle gleefully at the corner !)

Sleeping at wee hours reading all those juicy postings at main thread   , rushing with job routines ,  i can’t even remember how I’m supposed to look like on normal day either  !!

surprises come in many forms , and we’ll never know what’s in store for us here , we hope and pray  it will be a good one  beyond our wildest dreams..

• Like 5

4 hours ago, rm1ok said:

I'm curious though in Korea Gong Yoo and Go Eun's relationship in Goblin wasn't necessarily looked well upon because of "pedophilia"...is this couple shipping popular in Korea as well or just internationally? ㅠ.ㅠ 

That's what annoyed me the most. When people start labeling something that is not, just because it doesn't fit their preconceived notion of what is an acceptable human relationship. Most were uncomfortable with the age difference, and the fact that she's a highschool student. They didn't really sold to the idea that two consenting individuals could fall in love, despite age and circumstance. I think most of the audience only appreciated the romance when (1) Eun Tak cried her out when Kim Shin died. (2) Eun Tak turned 29.-_-

• Like 11

GY has a slight smile when he was hiding behind KGE during the blowing candles moment at the wrap up party hahaha

its like he thinks its ridiculous and cheesy but he'll do it anyway. coz its what his lady wants..

THAILAND TRIP and BTS are coming!!!

uhmm GY seeing KGE in her bikini hmmm i think red ears are coming back for that trip:tongue:

• Like 12

23 minutes ago, yonjo said:

That's what annoyed me the most. When people start labeling something that is not, just because it doesn't fit their preconceived notion of what is an acceptable human relationship. Most were uncomfortable with the age difference, and the fact that she's a highschool student. They didn't really sold to the idea that two consenting individuals could fall in love, despite age and circumstance. I think most of the audience only appreciated the romance when (1) Eun Tak cried her out when Kim Shin died. (2) Eun Tak turned 29.-_-

My exact thoughts! One comment on YouTube of their first kiss scene when she turned to and adult on New Years this person comment was, "This is digusting. I hope they never have anymore skinship in the rest of the episodes." Really irked me, ever since Kim Shin's death I've hardly seen comments like those for a while. Kim Go Eun's acting in ep. 13 must have changed their minds to "love is what matters and age is just a number." That scene was too real. 

• Like 13

23 hours ago, ilxyoung said:

OMG GUYS WATCH THIS I FREAKIN SCREAMED!!!! I REALLY  LOVE THE ENDING OF GOBLIN BUT WAIT UNTIL THE END OF THIS VID GOSH THE FEELS

WONDERFUL! THIS IS THE ENDING THAT WE WANT! KUDOS TO WHOEVER MADE THIS VIDEO :heart::heart:

Why is it so hard to find the BTS of our GongEun couple?

February please comes faster so we can watch the special episode of Dokkaebi and hopefully we get to see the kissing scenes and some lovey-dovey moments of them. 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, autumn93 said:

@lorac529 Thanks for all the fun tidbits! Did not know GY and GHJ are descendants of Confucius~~~No wonder GY sounds so poetic and is usually so thoughtful and good with words. I can tell GY is a gentleman but it's always nice to hear it from his coworkers as well! I love the bit about how he's so attentive with little children because I'm aware of some actors who are rather mean towards the child actors...the way you treat children is always a good indication of the person you are. He's just a solid man. 

I thought I saw Joo Ji Hoon and Gong Hyo Jin in those videos! Glad to know my eyes are still good!! It's nice to see how celebrities celebrate at parties, they're just like us albeit richer and better looking! :D How I wish Go Eun would join Soop Entertainment! Not just because of GY but because I just think that's one of the cooler ent companies LOL I mean, just look at the people they have! And with her love and passion for acting and awesome personality, I think she'd fit right in!  

Lets just hope that whatever it is that's pulling her towards GY keeps growing stronger. Lets hope this vacation is one that'll mark a turning point for their relationship. Sometimes actors want to take a step back from their characters to make sure their feelings aren't remnants of their characters. These three weeks before the vacay will be a good chance for them to work out any feelings and to act on them if there are in fact any.  

So happy to see so many great posts.  I'm just quickly dropping by to respond to @autumn93.  Love everything you said.  GY is such a fine gentleman with honey voice and thoughtful words that makes you really appreciate him deep down.  His attentiveness and able to goof around with children just shows how loving & caring he is.  Here's a pic showing his goofiness i find on baidu...look at him, he's so fun!  She's the daughter of Lee Chun-hee.  

EDIT: @hairuchii do you have time to possibly help me translate this photo's caption (see spoiler).  from google translate, the first sentence says "struggle to get a gf"?!?  I laugh so hard if this is really what Lee means 

여심을 잡기위한 몸부림~~~ 소유랑 사진한장 찍기위해 하루종일 조르는 조카바보~~~!!!! #지철이삼촌 #소유양 #영원한삼촌팬

c4f8dda20cf431adf4b8df804336acaf2fdd98f4

Spoiler

About Confucius, the Wiki link i previously posted doesn't mentioned GY & GHJ but this one does.  I agree with you, i wish GE to join Soop too.  There she got her idol JDY, plus SOOP is definitely better at promoting their actors & actress positively.  I haven't seen anything negative coming from the actors & actress of that company!

And I hope the quiet time this and next week will help GY & GE rethink about their feelings too and act upon them quickly!  Quoting ET's line towards GR (thanks to @NRGchick who posted on main thread, i hope GY caught this line too!  

"If today is my last day, this will be my final memory of the person I love. So I’d better live hard and love. That’s what I told myself."

Lastly @nearsea...not at all.  I just think that when you ask sincerely about the things you love, people will listen.  I only contacted her coz her account has over 11.9k fans.

• Like 16

31 minutes ago, Nerdy Mina said:

When I see scenes like this one it's just hard to think it was all an act, you know? I love how when GY acts (or maybe it's real!!), he utilizes subtle gestures to convey such meaning. The caressing of the cheeks, running his fingers through her hair, the simples, the look in his eyes. Im not convinced that there weren't any real raw emotions involved.

In ep 13 at the short getaway scene the way he touched her nose and used the contract papers to touch her face seems very natural and real. Agree with you on the above ^^

• Like 15

hello everyone~ it's me again!.. wow thank you so much for loving my previous post!!!! 

i know we r very mad about very limited bts moments of ShinTak, and we know even just by fancam we can see their closeness (pulling, giggling, hitting ..etc). So it means LOTS of 'intimate' moments must have been kept by their own official cameras or management cameras.. and the reason why we don't get to see any of these, must be bcos they looked tooo real and it will be too much of a 'topic' if they air them.

it's funny when otps of other dramas kept coming up in pairs to promote their pairing .. here we got NONE .. and yet we know the chemistry is explosive ! 

remembered shintak's thank you notes ? .. r they communicating through the air? the way they sign their notes Gong-gaebbi & Gon-Tak .. geez.. it just so got to my heart, and don't forget they r very professional critically acclaimed movie actors/actresses, they don't do fan services. I guess that's why they didnt bother to pair up again for promotion or sth .. bcos they don't need too.

if they want to move a step forward towards each other, i'm sure they will find their own ways, and i have to tell myself that .. no i don't think we get to see those by our eyes.. but i will have faith in both of them that they will make the most appropriate decision for themselves.

Looking forward to the phuket trip, hopefully they can have some great time to think whether the feeling still there ... God Bless them!!! They will have all my blessing!

p.s. love all the gifs here, love all the links here, love everyone here, u guys made my day when i am so ill from flu <3

• Like 19

12 minutes ago, ludadeer said:

hello everyone~ it's me again!.. wow thank you so much for loving my previous post!!!! 

i know we r very mad about very limited bts moments of ShinTak, and we know even just by fancam we can see their closeness (pulling, giggling, hitting ..etc). So it means LOTS of 'intimate' moments must have been kept by their own official cameras or management cameras.. and the reason why we don't get to see any of these, must be bcos they looked tooo real and it will be too much of a 'topic' if they air them.

it's funny when otps of other dramas kept coming up in pairs to promote their pairing .. here we got NONE .. and yet we know the chemistry is explosive ! 

remembered shintak's thank you notes ? .. r they communicating through the air? the way they sign their notes Gong-gaebbi & Gon-Tak .. geez.. it just so got to my heart, and don't forget they r very professional critically acclaimed movie actors/actresses, they don't do fan services. I guess that's why they didnt bother to pair up again for promotion or sth .. bcos they don't need too.

if they want to move a step forward towards each other, i'm sure they will find their own ways, and i have to tell myself that .. no i don't think we get to see those by our eyes.. but i will have faith in both of them that they will make the most appropriate decision for themselves.

Looking forward to the phuket trip, hopefully they can have some great time to think whether the feeling still there ... God Bless them!!! They will have all my blessing!

p.s. love all the gifs here, love all the links here, love everyone here, u guys made my day when i am so ill from flu <3

I love your enthusiasm! SOOP (GY's management) does seem extra cautious about untimely scandals. 

• Like 8

@deara well that's a scary idea. I don't know how HODU&U manages it's celebs, nor the extent of it's control. Though I have a feeling that TVN entertainment news bit about Go Eun and her current boyfriend just as Goblin was airing, is a move on their part. To avoid any future scandals for Kim Go Eun (aka dating Gong Yoo) :lol:. I remember @autumn93 's post about how the Korean female celebs are always getting the short end of the stick. Well, I guess that news bit is a precautionary measure 

• Like 7

@lorac529 Ohhhh, So-yu is Lee Chun Hee's daughter! :wub: 

Sorry that I have to cut your post, but I will also place the IG photo below this text. Thank you!

Translation:

여심을 잡기위한 몸부림~~~ 소유랑 사진한장 찍기위해 하루종일 조르는 조카바보~~~!!!! #지철이삼촌 #소유양 #영원한삼촌팬

[It's ] a struggle to win a woman's heart~~~ [It has taken] an entire day to cajole and take a picture with So-yu, the [cheeky] niece~~~~!!!! #UncleJiCheol #LittleSoYu #TheEternalUncleFan

Seriously though, Gong Yoo needs to get married soon and have his own children. He looks like he really loves children. :wub:

Edited by hairuchii
Minor corrections to translation
  • Like 23

Hi everyone. My obsession with Dokkaebi drama has made me signed up to Soompi. Before this, i just satisfied my drama addiction by reading Dramabeans's recaps after watching each episode of dramas. However, Dokkaebi made me come to Soompi to enjoy all of your posts. I have fun reading all the posts here and even started shipping Gong Yoo and Go Eun. ^^

Truthfully, I never find Gong Yoo attractive before like other members here. I love Coffee Prince because of Eun Hye and do not care much about him afterwards. But, there is something about Kim Shin that made him different. Another factor could be he was no longer the same person as he was before. He even admitted that in the Inside People interview right. 

As for Kim Go Eun, I have loved her since watching Coin Locker Girl. I loved her as Hong Seol and even more love for her as Ji Eun Tak. Now, i have so much love for both of them and hopefully what we hope here will come true. 

• Like 17

Hi fellow shippers...let me say hello and joining this ship...its been long time since i used my soompi account but i cant help my self for this one,i've been fans of gong yoo since my collage time (its 12 years ago) and its make me happy when i hear the news that he going to comeback with goblin,the truth is if some body tells me 2 months ago that i am gonna fall to the shipper hole again bcause of goblin i wont believe it cause we all know what the risk for going deep in this shippers bussines is,and how good gong yoo with his co-star but after watching their bts (the one that his teasing go eun in the campus) suddenly my brain just stop dan my heart just shout 'dang!!!' this one is different, and after that i talk to my best friend who love watching movies and drama as well (and she not a hardcore fans of gong yoo like me) and she say to me 'this two is really really like each other heh kekeke hope their will endup together for real and make beautifull babies' hahaha and i reply with 'yeah and then gong yoo will appear on superman return' hahaha oh my gosh my shipper heart is growing with their interaction.

No matter where this ship gonna end,i sincerely hope the best for them

Ps. I think i am gonna meet you all in hell cause i wish the same thing about hwsbd

• Like 21