[Official] GOBLIN COUPLE | Kim Go Eun x Gong Yoo

Emily Bett

Woohoo let this ship sail. I ask the above for permission :D Anybody else got the sense Gong Yoo made sure Go Eun was at ease during their presscon? Poor girl looked legitly overwhelmed with the attention. 

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, 122am said:

@melonpark I really investigated. YES there was (just a little) tongue action from GY. 

Personally, I think KGE is SO SHY when interacting with GY. It's like, if you are 25 years old young actress, still new. You are a teenager and watch Coffee Prince and see it as one of the "relationship goals" or "classic romance drama". Then you aspire to be actress, but know there is big age gap so it is impossible to film with this guy. Then, along comes a script that makes it possible.

At the same time, KGE has just changed management company this year to be same management company as her current BF. Maybe her management company helped her to achieve this character and script too. 

So how can you just get attached to your co-star? It may be big scandal, since your BF is in same management company as yourself too.

But, when acting in the drama, there's great chemistry and it's like acting with Asian Leonardo DiCaprio. You give 100% of yourself to the role and he gives 100% too. 

So, when I watch them interact, GY is always gentlemanly but try to tease her to get her to be comfortable with him. Outwardly as GY, he will never say something too out of place or forward. KGE is almost always so shy around him. She always takes 1 step backwards. But for both of them, when camera rolls and it's in the scene, they can fully enjoy the moment of acting.

Even on rooftop kiss, I think KGE really cannot even 'protect herself' from GY's charm! She really had stunned face when he started to kiss her and I can see she can't resist his unlimited charm.

HAHAHAHA. At least that's what I will feel if I 'possess' her body like the evil Eunuch. :) 

So happy to see other familiar chingus from the main forum here!  I said I won't contribute as much but can't control keep sharing here LOL

Like @122am said, KGE seems shy. I think the tricky part is not able to see KGE's real feelings in all the BTS towards GY.  She was like this with her previous co-worker in CITT (Cheese In The Trap) too.  All we know is KGE likes guys who are considerate and her current bf is a gentleman like GY.  

Bright side is KGE's relationship just started (like only 2-3months) and then she got busy with Goblin filming, so not really that strong, so the evil me just hope that because of busyness, KGE doesn't have time to spend with her bf and their relationship just fades.  However, from KGE's chingu Lee Sung Kyung's interview, we know KGE still contacts & cheers for her drama while she was busy filming Goblin, so KGE does make time for those who she treasures even when she's busy.

Being a gentleman & afraid of scandals (play things low), GY won't take further steps and I remember reading interviews where he says he's the kind that will somewhat fall in love with the character in order to act.  And in real life, he prefers a slow relationship start from friendship rather than a fiery explosive relationship LOL.

Another fun fact is GY & KGE are both Cancer horoscope who cares a lot about family & home.  They both like to avoid conflicts & can get a bit of emotional & sensitive...and i guess they like their love to be gentle & caring too.

while KGE's bf is a Gemini (who needs stimulation), the evil me again hope that because of busyness, he'll slowly move on to someone else...so bad of me!!

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, lorac529 said:

Bright side is KGE's relationship just started (like only 2-3months) and then she got busy with Goblin filming, so not really that strong, so the evil me just hope that because of busyness, KGE doesn't have time to spend with her bf and their relationship just fades.  However, from KGE's chingu Lee Sung Kyung's interview, we know KGE still contacts & cheers for her drama while she was busy filming Goblin, so KGE does make time for those who she treasures even when she's busy.

And now he's going to go off to film some movie called Room Number 7. Hopefully he'll be SUUUUUUPER busy and won't be able to give KGE the time of day so she can spend it with GY

19 minutes ago, janeeta said:

And now he's going to go off to film some movie called Room Number 7. Hopefully he'll be SUUUUUUPER busy and won't be able to give KGE the time of day so she can spend it with GY

Yes, hope TVN rewards them a trip and both of them can make it!  Just scared that GY is tied up with commercial shooting and won't able to make it.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, sooyoungdaebak said:

@janeeta Coincidence? :lol: I think someone else did noticed the umbrella reference too. 

OMG THIS IS LIFE! So hot. I'm reposting this in the main thread!

4 hours ago, yonjo said:

A friend told me if he dates it would be most likely a top celeb or high society girl. But man wouldn't it be great if he actually falls for someone outside the stereotypes most fans set for him. 

I agree with your friend actually! He was rumored with Im Soo Jung in 2008, right before he entered the military because they were spotted entering the airport together, but both denied. After the military he did a movie with her and they were in the same agency I believe. It seems a bit odd that he would do a movie with a rumored girlfriend, but they didnt look chummy in the press conference for Finding Destiny. So I couldn't quite tell whether they dated/were dating or not.

GY doesn't seem like one of those 30-40 something actors that would date a much younger actress, but Hyun Bin currently is (I don't quite believe Kang Sora is amongst his orbit in terms of popularity and esteem), Go Soo married a noncelebrity 11 years younger than him, and Lee Hyun Bun first dated Lee Min Jung when she was young and not famous and it'll take a lot for her to catch up to him in acting esteem. 

TBH, I feel like GY would match really well with celebs like Gong Hyo Jin, Jeon Do Yeon, Bae Doona, etc, that type of less conventionally attractive in South Korea's terms (more conventional: Kim Tae Hee, Han Ga In, SNSD's Yoona), who are slightly more alluring/charming, in which Im Soo Jung fits. 

• Like 2

Thank you, thank you and million thanks @janeeta for making this thread :wub:

LOVE both Gong Yoo and Kim Go Eun, and their chemistry in this drama ....NO JOKE. No doubt they are great actors but wouldn't it be great & wonderful  :wub: if they continue the great chemistry after the drama  is over as a real couple :glasses:aaahh.... will my dream comes true, no make it a wish ...

• Like 6

On 13 January 2017 at 9:27 AM, janeeta said:

I'm so into this you guys. I know she has a BF but with the last confirmation, they had only been dating for a few weeks. It's not a solid commitment so OUR GOBLIN COUPLE IS TOTALLY A POSSIBILITY. We know she likes older guys so GY is PERFECT for her.

I sooooo loooove this.....indeed KGE's relationship is just starting and is not that deep yet and therefore anything can happen...finally i found a group of people who'll be praying and wishing that KGE will realize that Gong Yoo is really the one for her IRL :D:lol:

• Like 5

Wow! I'm so happy to see our fellow chingus from the other thread to join our ship! They really look good together, eh? Sometimes I wish when I wake up... I find a news that saya that GY and KGE are dating (but kinda impossible right now because KGE has a boyfie :( ) I wonder now if GY is suppressing his feelings becase of their situation. Lol. 

Just a question though.. did GY really date Yoon Eun Hye? Or just a rumor? :) 

Here's some of GY-KGE moments to light us up! 

• Like 14

23 hours ago, melonpark said:

Oh hell yes, chingu! That's what I heard too! I searched for a zoomed in version lol and I think there's really tongue involved. KGE seemed to bit his lower lip too. Would you view it for me too and see whether we have the same observation lol :D 

Whose tongue is that, GY or KGE?

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, melonpark said:

Can anyone help me find where this video is? I saw the press conference where she has the gold/brown dress but where is this video?

2 hours ago, 122am said:

@melonpark I really investigated. YES there was (just a little) tongue action from GY. 

Personally, I think KGE is SO SHY when interacting with GY. It's like, if you are 25 years old young actress, still new. You are a teenager and watch Coffee Prince and see it as one of the "relationship goals" or "classic romance drama". Then you aspire to be actress, but know there is big age gap so it is impossible to film with this guy. Then, along comes a script that makes it possible.

At the same time, KGE has just changed management company this year to be same management company as her current BF. Maybe her management company helped her to achieve this character and script too. 

So how can you just get attached to your co-star? It may be big scandal, since your BF is in same management company as yourself too.

But, when acting in the drama, there's great chemistry and it's like acting with Asian Leonardo DiCaprio. You give 100% of yourself to the role and he gives 100% too. 

So, when I watch them interact, GY is always gentlemanly but try to tease her to get her to be comfortable with him. Outwardly as GY, he will never say something too out of place or forward. KGE is almost always so shy around him. She always takes 1 step backwards. But for both of them, when camera rolls and it's in the scene, they can fully enjoy the moment of acting.

Even on rooftop kiss, I think KGE really cannot even 'protect herself' from GY's charm! She really had stunned face when he started to kiss her and I can see she can't resist his unlimited charm.

HAHAHAHA. At least that's what I will feel if I 'possess' her body like the evil Eunuch. :) 

Yay! So that means the tongue kinda worked for the kiss scene! I have looked for slowmo/zoomed in clips and it was really intense! There was lip biting too. 

Probably because GY has established himself well for how may years already, and perhaps out of respect.. KGE can't help but be shy at times.. but man, the girl has some moves ah! She's kinda rough and playful like a man lol :D 

But I really love their rapport -- they can be playful and caring with one another.. Their walls are crashing down. I think GY is fond of KGE and find her charming. Perhaps she got her heart because of her undeniable acting skill and charm :wub: I was so giddy when I read the soompi article that GY wants to work with her... GY must have seen something in her for him to mention her as the actress he wants to work with in the future (guess he suggested her as his lady for goblin, whatcha think chingus)

Now I ask the deities above, and I know they're listening, to ship my couple freely not in antartica but in South Korea and all over the world!! 

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, petalsandleaves said:

I agree with your friend actually! He was rumored with Im Soo Jung in 2008, right before he entered the military because they were spotted entering the airport together, but both denied. After the military he did a movie with her and they were in the same agency I believe. It seems a bit odd that he would do a movie with a rumored girlfriend, but they didnt look chummy in the press conference for Finding Destiny. So I couldn't quite tell whether they dated/were dating or not.

GY doesn't seem like one of those 30-40 something actors that would date a much younger actress, but Hyun Bin currently is (I don't quite believe Kang Sora is amongst his orbit in terms of popularity and esteem), Go Soo married a noncelebrity 11 years younger than him, and Lee Hyun Bun first dated Lee Min Jung when she was young and not famous and it'll take a lot for her to catch up to him in acting esteem. 

TBH, I feel like GY would match really well with celebs like Gong Hyo Jin, Jeon Do Yeon, Bae Doona, etc, that type of less conventionally attractive in South Korea's terms (more conventional: Kim Tae Hee, Han Ga In, SNSD's Yoona), who are slightly more alluring/charming, in which Im Soo Jung fits. 

At this point i think he's had his fair share of "gorgeous" in his life (but what do i know?! :D) that I think he's really considering a woman's personality and how their dynamic plays out. I mean the man is quite vocal how charming he finds Kim Go Eun and how he's lucky to work with her (major awww) amidst the girl's most undeserved social media bashing. And I've seen her stand toe to toe (figuratively speaking of course:)) with Gong Yoo in both acting chops and off cam antics. I would disagree with some here who finds Kim Go Eun a bit shy around Gong Yoo. Girl is quite feisty. She doesn't back down. Not from his pranks nor from his superb acting skills. If I was Gong Yoo, I'd be quite intrigued.  Which I think he is teehee (*dodges cheese puffs being thrown*)

• Like 12

26 minutes ago, hallee said:

I sooooo loooove this.....indeed KGE's relationship is just starting and is not that deep yet and therefore anything can happen...finally i found a group of people who'll be praying and wishing that KGE will realize that Gong Yoo is really the one for her IRL :D:lol:

I'll be joining the prayer circle, chingus! It's time for KGE to see that GY is the real one for her lololol :D 

• Like 7