[Official] GOBLIN COUPLE | Kim Go Eun x Gong Yoo

Emily Bett

9 hours ago, neela88 said:

But seeing those two.......i'm 100% sure there's something more,, they've made me giggling all day seeing their acts towards each other,, so cuteeeee.. Even my hubby (who's not even interested in K-drama whatsoever) asked if this couple is real couple in reality

I like this kind of view from outsider. It means that we feel feel the amazing chemistry not just we love them too much. :D 

7 hours ago, happysmile89 said:

I would like to share some feelings about GongGo too, just have to get it out of my chest. I feel that their personalities really do match each other, they seem so fit despite the quite big age gap. GY sometimes is just like a child (too cute for a 38-year-old ><), especially when he's with GE, all the teasing, interaction, laughing, jealousy, and he seems to be really fond of GE too. GE on the other hand, I'd like to think that she noticed GY's feelings towards her, more or less, that's why she seemed reluctant in some BTS, tried to be careful around him and not to show too much of her emotions even if she's moved, and she teamed up with LDW to tease back GY and made him jealous =))) (the BTS of ep 7, 10 ..). When they are together, the age gap is nowhere to be seen, I found them too cute not to ship, but it hurts me that GE has a bf (a rather weird one..). I would say about GongGo: right person, but wrong timing .. GongGo's situation now is really sensitive and we should do our best to protect them (protect their privacy, not over react to hints, and mostly not abusing GE's current bf, it would ruin her image and our shipper image).

I like everyone's observation on them, i am also feel so happy and excited to see your finding here :)

I would also like to share some feelings, too.

I am asking if anyone knows GY's interaction with main lead in previous drama to try to fins some clues in my post few days ago. Due to the curiosity, i watched the "making film" of his previous drama- "Big" to see the interaction with Suzy and LMJ.

I check Wiki and know that LBH is official announced that he is dating with LMJ around one month later than Big finish on airing.  So when "Big" is filming, LMJ is not known that she is in a relationship.

After watching more than 10+ clips in youtube, this is my thought

I think GY is kind of person try to make his co-workers feel comfortable. That means he will talk or interactive with his co-workers in a "gentle" way. It seems he is easy to chat and to be with, but he has a "line" that he doesn't break it.

As soon as the filming is done, he always immediately keeps distance with female leads if there is any skin ship scene such as hold hands or hug.  I don't see him having any spontaneous behavior to touch them. He is a gentleman from my view and very careful on the interactions.

So compare to what's he has done to GE, that's something is really unusual, right? He broke the line in order to get closer to her and he always laughs a lot and loudly during filming Goblin. 

I will try to find some time to see the BTS of CP/ CITT if there are some clips in the youtube.

BTW, the reason why i watched "Big" is LMJ, she is so pretty and i don't feel GY is charming that time... hahaha

As time goes by,  i am aware of his charm when he is getting old. I think he has the pure mind and inner beauty to make him elegant and gentle.

• Like 20

4 hours ago, maryofbethany said:

@lorac529 hahah. i only know this thru you. really?!!! btw, did he ever mentioned any preference over age? like don't mind younger gals?

sorry to cut your post short.  Yes really, there's no English news that talks about it but lots of reliable Chinese news coz Confucius is a notable Chinese teacher.  (see spoiler if wanting to know how Confucius descendants moved to Korea...) And GY never mentioned preferred age, i think he doesn't care really...

Spoiler

From Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confucius (sorry i think i said it was a princess in earlier posts..it should be a Duke's son.

During the Yuan dynasty, one of Confucius' descendants, who was one of the Duke Yansheng Kong Huan's 孔浣 sons, named Kong Shao 孔紹, moved from China to Goryeo era Korea and established a branch of the family there after wedding a Korean woman (Jo Jin-gyeong's 曹晉慶 daughter) during Toghon Temür's rule. This branch of the family received aristocratic rank in Joseon era Korea.曲阜孔氏 (朝鲜半岛) 곡부 공씨

And if you look at this Kong's surname Wiki, you will find both GHJ & GY's names: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kong_(surname)

Btw: @maryofbethany I finally subbed the 12min translation for Drama Talk with some edits to your translation.  By any chance, do you have anymore to share? If not, i'll sub from the end part first.

1 hour ago, cristapark said:

It was on his interview,,,I think I have to find it,,,some one posted it in IG before that YEHs character in CP is his ideal type and he tell reporter that he's not referring to her but the character she played hehehe.. That's why I cannot understand their shipper ..it's from GYs mouth it's the character but not the actual person..I think one of the reason they bash GE now..

I think you're looking for the press con interview GY did for Crucible back in 2011...but i can't seem to find an English sub for it.  However, here's a news about it on allkpop which says

Spoiler

Gong Yoo admitted that if he had to choose an ideal type, he would want to meet a tomboy. Yoon Eun Hye was a tomboy in Coffee Prince, so the reporters assumed he was talking about her. However, Gong Yoo stressed to the reporters, "What I just said is not directly targeted to Yoon Eun Hye, so please don't write otherwise" which caused everyone to laugh. 

Hope that helps!

• Like 12

23 minutes ago, yayaling000 said:

So compare to what's he has done to GE, that's something is really unusual, right? He broke the line in order to get closer to her.

I will try to find some time to see the BTS of CP/ CITT if there are some clips in the youtube.

BTW, the reason why i watched "Big" is LMJ, she is so pretty and i don't feel GY is charming that time... hahaha

As time goes by,  i am aware of his charm when he is getting old. I think he has the pure mind and inner beauty to make him elegant and gentle.

Your observation is similar to mine. Yea, GY became desirable as he gets older....kekekeke...I saw a video of the wrap-up party of CP. YEH shed tears and it was the other female lead who did hug and comfort her, GY did not even bother to cheer her up. I dunno if I am correct, that was what I have noticed.

Image result for gong yoo images

Ahhh....this guy!

• Like 13

39 minutes ago, ghosthunt said:

OMG yes! And install secret CCTV!

GY every moment I watched you shined. Because the weather was good, because the weather was bad and because the weather was good enough. I loved every moment of it.... Buhahaha

#stalkerlike, #delulu, #noregrets

@ghosthunt buahahha I can watch GY and GE everyday~ 

Currently on my way to work and was so happy to see our thread increased so many pages, you gals and gens (if there are any lurking around :tongue:) made my commute much more enjoyable!

@sooyoungdaebak can you guys imagine the steam and GY :phew: 

• Like 5

@nearsea Even though, they (Gonggo couple) later will have their own quality time together. They'll make it super private, because of both fans and haters. Many of my sunbaenim here already mentioned about how nasty and scary knets are so~ But the fact that all of them cancelled their vacation at the same time, means that they're somehow still communicate with each other through group chat which means that our Gonggo couple still in contact with each other, and Sung Jae even mentioned that he still communicate with his handsome looking samchondeul. 

• Like 8

@sooyoungdaebak, good thing I wasn't drinking ANYTHING when I was browsing in here and saw your Emma Stone gif. hahaha!

Well, let's hope no one has an underground chat without letting us know. And for sure we don't need one, as per @janeeta. We can totally analyze everything in here and for people who likes to take everything out of context and posting it on YOUR IG, I'll be reporting you as spam if you say anything that came out of this forum.

On a good side note, I'm excited for tomorrow's and Saturdays Specials. Looking forward for both couples and the bromance from the 3 guys to be celebrated on screen. I can't wait to laugh with them.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, georginauae23 said:

Your observation is similar to mine. Yea, GY became desirable as he gets older....kekekeke...I saw a video of the wrap-up party of CP. YEH shed tears and it was the other female lead who did hug and comfort her, GY did not even bother to cheer her up. I dunno if I am correct, that was what I have noticed.

I also saw two clips about wrap up party.

One is they went to a BBQ restaurant. When the director shows up, EYH broke down in tears and another female lead tried to comfort her.

The other one seems shoot in their last scene. They have a lot of champagnes then YHE is crying when drinking champagnes with GY.

GY just let her go and cry, didn't do anything.

Maybe he did but not recorded or he is young and hesitated to take any action to comfort her.

That's why i started watching the BTS of "Big" instead of "CP"....:D

• Like 7

@sooyoungdaebak that's brilliant!!!  Hope his bed fits many of us LOL

Since i'll be busy tomorrow till Saturday evening (Korea's time), it means i can't watch the special episodes LIVE :bawling:

And i won't able to come into the thread to join the LIVE recaps, so i'm gonna leave a post before hand...

Our beloved OTP being so good with kids...(Source: Baidu)

children.jpg

And them being such adorable kids when they were young...can you guess who's who?  See spoiler for answer

Spoiler

Left: GE - a photo released during CITT drama (see http://www.etnews.com/20150728000137)

Right: GY photo from Baidu and here's a picture to compare him

ed4984dba633cda174da1700d55ac926.jpg

child.jpg

• Like 24

@pnaysurfer84 Gahhhh...that "confirmation" scene is so "reality"!! GE was so excited and giggly while filming that scene. Dang, I would be too....lmao. Just to hear GY said, Your namchin is me! 

@lorac529 Aww such cute photos!! GY really did look like a playful child who would tease you endlessly cos he has too many ideas for his own amusement...lol. 

Sorry, too many names tagged me for my previous post...lol. Hope any deity listening to our wish grant us a secret underground room below GY's bed!! Jaebbal...we'll promise to be very quiet when oppa is in the room...:lol: And link it to the shower room...yesss steam and GY...

euycNrJlvKqZO.gif

• Like 14

Just now, sooyoungdaebak said:

@pnaysurfer84 Gahhhh...that "confirmation" scene is so "reality"!! GE was so excited and giggly while filming that scene. Dang, I would be too....lmao. Just to hear GY said, Your namchin is me! 

@lorac529 Aww such cute photos!! GY really did look like a playful child who would tease you endlessly cos he has too many ideas for his own amusement...lol. 

Sorry, too many names tagged me for my previous post...lol. Hope any deity listening to our wish grant us a secret underground room below GY's bed!! Jaebbal...we'll promise to be very quiet when oppa is in the room...:lol: And link it to the shower room...yesss steam and GY...

Ya like she's happy, she does happy hear that "your bf is ...me!" from GY lol.

her face shinned :wub:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, lorac529 said:

sorry to cut your post short.  Yes really, there's no English news that talks about it but lots of reliable Chinese news coz Confucius is a notable Chinese teacher.  (see spoiler if wanting to know how Confucius descendants moved to Korea...) And GY never mentioned preferred age, i think he doesn't care really...

Reveal hidden contents

From Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confucius (sorry i think i said it was a princess in earlier posts..it should be a Duke's son.

During the Yuan dynasty, one of Confucius' descendants, who was one of the Duke Yansheng Kong Huan's 孔浣 sons, named Kong Shao 孔紹, moved from China to Goryeo era Korea and established a branch of the family there after wedding a Korean woman (Jo Jin-gyeong's 曹晉慶 daughter) during Toghon Temür's rule. This branch of the family received aristocratic rank in Joseon era Korea.曲阜孔氏 (朝鲜半岛) 곡부 공씨

And if you look at this Kong's surname Wiki, you will find both GHJ & GY's names: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kong_(surname)

Btw: @maryofbethany I finally subbed the 12min translation for Drama Talk with some edits to your translation.  By any chance, do you have anymore to share? If not, i'll sub from the end part first.

I think you're looking for the press con interview GY did for Crucible back in 2011...but i can't seem to find an English sub for it.  However, here's a news about it on allkpop which says

Reveal hidden contents

Gong Yoo admitted that if he had to choose an ideal type, he would want to meet a tomboy. Yoon Eun Hye was a tomboy in Coffee Prince, so the reporters assumed he was talking about her. However, Gong Yoo stressed to the reporters, "What I just said is not directly targeted to Yoon Eun Hye, so please don't write otherwise" which caused everyone to laugh. 

Hope that helps!

@lorac529 oosp, you are really fast. i did until 24mins, but must arrange and type all out first, i normally wirte out manually as i watch in the larger screen, pause and rewatch certain part.. after everything, then i type it out

wil send you tomorrow night if God's willing. sorry for being so slow. hope everyone bear with me. i can only do the translate at home in the night. while working, i couldnt dare to put on earpiece to listen.. too obvious from anyone passing by the huge glass window which i am seated at.
sorry sorry.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, maryofbethany said:

@lorac529 oosp, you are really fast. i did until 24mins, but must arrange and type all out first, i normally wirte out manually as i watch in the larger screen, pause and rewatch certain part.. after everything, then i type it out

wil send you tomorrow night if God's willing. sorry for being so slow. hope everyone bear with me. i can only do the translate at home in the night. while working, i couldnt dare to put on earpiece to listen.. too obvious from anyone passing by the huge glass window which i am seated at.
sorry sorry.

Kwenchana chingu!!! We are patient. Please take your time!! Fighting!! 

• Like 2