Libera

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was writing about cameos in other related forums so even though some have already mentioned here that we wish to see in her future dramas. I'm simply just categorizing:

all past drama boyfriends: example - NJH, Lee Kwang Soo, etc

homage to SWAG friends:  cho hye jung, Lee joo young, & even kyung soo jin

real friends: Kim go eun, Lee Jong suk, Yoon gyung sang

For old Baek In sibling's time-sake: Seo Kang Joon

I finished to watch doctors few days ago and i loved her chemistry with Yoon Kyung Sang on and off screen so i hope to see them work together again, this time as the leads. Also i loved her with Lee Kwang Soo and her chemistry with Seo Kang Joon.

And obviously i would love to see her to work with Kim Go Eun, they could play best friends or sisters, there aren't much dramas that focus on famale friendship so i would love to see them play in a drama like Age of Youth.

I still hope that they would do a drama musical like Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Lee Sung Kyung would be so good at it.

Upon her future dramas....I like her collaborates with kim eun sook or hong sisters. How I wish LSK can be in dramas like DOTS and goblin. I actually interested in rooting her as soah in bride of the water god but since NJH will be the lead..the chance is slim.LSK just need one masterpiece drama that can showcase her versitility ...and saeguk version is the best to proof it. And I hope it kinda female centric like empress ki or hwang jin ni.

Regarding her next leading male...since she's tall...she need an actor who is at least 1.86 m in height. It will be a picture perfect if the actor is soo manly handsome and around LKS age. ..like kim woo bin, the lead hero in hwarang(forgot his name) and I think park bo gum also can fit eventhough he is young 3 years than her.

51 minutes ago, rottenxtears said:

Which channel will this be? I searched for allure but couldn't find a notice. Thanks ❤

I think they will release the behind the scene of Allure photoshoot on January 31 on VLive. So we will have to wait till January 31 to see it.

Lee Sung Kyung Talks About Positive Impact Of “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo” And Reflects On Her Past Self

It seems like Lee Sung Kyung’s life has taken a positive turn after starring in “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo.” The character was very much like her true self, and the actress’s bright personality during a recent interview showed that she had received positive energy from playing Kim Bok Joo.

When the drama ended, Lee Sung Kyung said she felt so happy that she cried. She explained, “I think I was very happy. I realized it once the drama ended. I was happy even as I was filming it, and to see myself tear up after it ended made me confirm that I had fun [while filming].”

The actress apparently cried the whole time while the last episode was airing. She said, “I don’t remember anything because I cried while watching the last episode. I was so sad. It was hard to let the drama go because it was so good. It felt like family. People told me I cried for an hour and a half.”

Lee Sung Kyung 2

Lee Sung Kyung also pointed out how “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo” is different from her previous works, saying, “I showed my innocent feelings. It was a very innocent and cute drama.” About her character, she said, “I played a weightlifter. I wondered if people could accept the character if I played it because I didn’t know anything about weightlifting. But I read the script and realized it was so fun. From then on, I started thinking and studying about the character Bok Joo. It felt like something was telling me to play the part. When I did, I was able to be comforted by this drama and so my health improved even though my schedule became very hectic.”

About her weight gain, Lee Sung Kyung remarked, “I gained even more weight as I was filming the drama. When I was just starting to gain weight, I saw an article that said I’ve become heavier. But that article only marked the start of my weight gain. I kept gaining more and more weight. It was a matter of eating more and getting bloated in order to match with Bok Joo. I think my weight was at its peak during the middle of the drama. I even thought about not losing the weight since my body had become muscular due to weightlifting.”

However, the actress also addressed the side effects of gaining weight in a short time, saying, “I became addicted to carbs and I started seeing stretch marks. I did feel a bit sad knowing that stretch marks don’t go away easily, but those thoughts disappeared once I was playing Bok Joo again.”

Lee Sung Kyung 3

Although she has been praised through this drama, her acting career wasn’t always a path of flowers. Lee Sung Kyung later spoke up about having received criticism in “Cheese in the Trap,” saying, “I expected [to be criticized]. [In Ha’s] presence in the drama was too strong, and that kind of personality was not what the viewers had in mind. I should’ve acted in a way that wouldn’t overwhelm the audience. All I can do from now on is act with sincerity. Although In Ha is a cartoon character, I believe there are people like her in real life. If I had more experience in acting, I would’ve adjusted [her energy].”

Unfortunately, “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo” ratings were not as high as expected, especially since it aired during the same time frame as “The Legend of the Blue Sea.” The actress acknowledged this and said, “I think it’s destiny. I don’t think I can do anything about that no matter how hard I try. It’s a matter of luck. I’m just going to focus on what I can do, and that is giving everything I’ve got while acting. Although the viewership ratings weren’t high, I felt the love that the viewers were giving us. I am very thankful.”

Lastly, she explained what kind of actress she hopes to become. “I want to become a trustworthy actor. I don’t expect people to watch everything that I appear in because of my performance, but I do hope that they can trust me. I am very thankful for the temporary praise that I am getting at the moment. That’s why I am trying to stay more sincere.”

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/26/lee-sung-kyung-talks-about-positive-impact-of-weightlifting-fairy-kim-bok-joo-and-reflects-on-her-past-self/

An old interview of March 2016 for Marie Claire, it's a long interview that make you understand and admire Lee Sung Kyung more

Actress and Model, Lee Sung Kyung

Lee Sung Kyung did not remain silent nor did she avoid the questions being asked. She remained calm and responded to her best ability. As an actress building her career, she is happy to share her story about making her dreams come true.

Lee Sung Kyung Marie ClaireTransparent black top from Wolford.

Lee Sung Kyung Marie ClaireStructural white design shirt from Demoo, red pants from Jarret, and shoes from Meno de Mosso.

Lee Sung Kyung Marie ClaireEmbroidered transparent top from Nina Ricci by 10 Corso Como, white pants from J Apostrophe, and ring from Jealousy.

Lee Sung Kyung Marie ClaireBlack top from Wolford, shoes from Meno de Mosso, and shorts belonging to the stylist.

Lee Sung Kyung Marie ClaireRed blouse from Jarret, white shorts from Kwak Hyun Joo, shoes from Meno de Mosso, and earring from Numbering.

Lee Sung Kyung Marie ClaireBlack top from Blumarine.

Actress Lee Sung Kyung did not waste any time in pursuing her career. Her debut three years ago, as an actress, turned out successful with her supportive role in television drama ‘It’s Okay, That’s Love’ and working with the infamous screenwriter Noh Hee-Kyung, top actor Jo In Sung and her love line Lee Kwang Soo. Thereafter, Lee Sung Kyung appeared in a drama series with 50 episodes called ‘Flower of the Queen’ with actress Lee Sung-Ryung, which was also a great hit. Now in 2016, she is playing the role of Baek In-Ha in a Korean webtoon series called ‘Cheese in the Trap’, and the public is enthralled to see her change in style and acting skills. We believe that Lee Sung Kyung’s big success will continue to grow as she maintains her good work ethics.  

Lee Sung Kyung’s role as Baek In-Ha in “Cheese in the Trap” is said to resemble her personality in real life. She is high spirited and full of energy, but deep inside she is hiding her sadness and biggest worries. The bold way of speaking and laughing outrageously only disguises her from revealing Baek In-Ha’s true self to others. Similar to Lee Sung Kyung’s character in ‘It’s Okay, That’s Love’, Baek In-Ha’s character in ‘Cheese in the Trap’ is at first strange and unfamiliar. However, starting from episode 6, the public have given titles to Baek In-Ha such as “ultimate beauty” and “queen of expressions.”

“I am aware of the big expectations in this new drama that I need to adhere to by following the original work. The truth is, In-Ha’s character was not able to receive much positive feedback from the fans in the beginning. Her character did not satisfy the fans at all. But this ultimately made me realize that no matter the situation, I need to learn to accept and handle the problem. Complaining and crying is what you do when you are little.”

In a recent movie called ‘Broker’, she changed her hair color. Director Kim Hong-Sun’s works ‘Conspirators’ and ‘Technicians’ have many actors of similar age lined up. Thereof, Lee Sung Kyung had the role of a short-tempered lawyer who is dying to work on unsolved mysteries. “It is going to be an amazing piece with depth and meaning. The scenario is fun and I enjoy talking with the director. If what I am feeling is right, it’s going to be good, right?”

“While watching ‘Cheese in the Trap’, I was very happy to see the two famous actors, Oh Young-Gon and Son Minsoo, working side by side with lovely Baek In-Ha together on the same screen together. I think it would’ve been hard to accept this type of character yourself and, of course, being prepared to face the reality, too”.

The visuals and, of course, acting of this character was very conceptual and unrealistic. One time, I had to put on a wig to look like Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe. I felt sad at first, because I was in love with the sophisticated look of Baek In-Ha. But not anymore! I learned that actresses have to be considerate of many voices and situations, sometimes even letting go of your favorite things.

I realized the right way to show affection towards this piece would be separating In-Ha’s character from the original work to the drama. I am going to leave behind the In-Ha I loved from the original webtoon and get used to the new character.

Your acting skills can be flexible because you didn’t take any formal classes. But this is something we can work with.

“The methods can be different but the final output is the same – making the audience trust us. My goal is to stop my audience from feeling nervous and tense through my acting; I want them to be relaxed and focused on the drama”.

After you are done with each piece, how can you describe your worries as an actress?

“If I acted in a mini-series with a similar age group, I wouldn’t have had the same experience from being in the weekend dramas. That is because, here, I can observe the actors and actresses’ meticulous works from nearby for a long time. And because there are so many families watching the show, the storylines and various colors the actors and actresses can express are very different in a mini-series. I have truly become an actress, when I saw myself thinking about acting every day”.

You seem to prioritize having the right procedure. 

“I try to enjoy every moment I have, even when I’m stressed from work. As a model back then, I started with just getting my toes of my foot published in magazines, but that made me work harder to become big time. I was happy to take thousands of pictures overnight, although that could have been just taking the picture of my foot. But that is because I experienced worse moments, not having to take any pictures. Of course, there are other similar instances, but you can’t look back on them all. You just need to learn mind control”.

Actresses have many ups and downs of life, but why is it important to mind control?  

“Well, I say this quite often, but it is not easy as it sounds. The work requires a lot of mind control and being patient. But I just try to go with the flow when I’m doing other things. If something doesn’t work out, I don’t force myself to do it. I am bold at times, but there is still a feminine side in me. I don’t like pretending. I want to be true to myself and others so that we are all honest with each other. I will be releasing my collection of photographs shortly, although it is kind of embarrassing to share them. The personal thoughts I included in each page can be true or not, but it is what came to my mind at the time”.  

Tragedy behind the job of an actress is that everything is recorded. One day, it could become an old memory and make oneself feel ashamed.

“There are many things that I’ve already produced. (Laughs) It fits the current trend, but I know that it will eventually become outdated. I don’t worry, though, because fashion is known to go round in cycles and will come back after 10 years. When I look at old photoshoots, I find myself laughing at the old makeup styles, but I tell myself that that’s what the trend was back then. It’s not just me. Everyone looked like that. (Laughs)”

Your role model is Clayton Kershaw from LA Dodgers?

“I don’t know him personally, but he has proven himself through life and his career. Even though he is not playing on the field, he tends to remain on the bench to support his teammates. Those small and meaningful gestures made me realize what I should do to become like him. Like Kershaw, I will show through action who I am and what I am capable of doing.”

By what I see today, you make a strong female general

“As an actress, I want to share positive energies with everyone. I tend to just talk about good things around me, but people say that I only make compliments. I want to be remembered as someone who is nice and gives positive advice to others. Being forgotten, I believe, is meaningless”.

Today’s big topic is ‘The Next Big Thing’

“I will hope that you will support me to become the next big thing in the future. (laughs)”

https://kbeautynow.com/2016/02/27/exclusive-interview-actress-lee-sung-kyung-marie-claire-korea/

Someone spotted Lee Sung Kyung at Universal Studios LA. I couldn't find the real source of the photo.

Hope she's having great moments with her pretty squad ❤

Cre. to owner

zVJar24.jpg

Mf7FfKJ.jpg

FYh00KZ.jpg

And she's a great cook too. What can't our queen do? She's so perfect!

I assumed she did the cooking because of ica_lace's caption. :)

On 28/01/2017 at 8:40 PM, Libera said:

You seem to prioritize having the right procedure. 

“I try to enjoy every moment I have, even when I’m stressed from work. As a model back then, I started with just getting my toes of my foot published in magazines, but that made me work harder to become big time. I was happy to take thousands of pictures overnight, although that could have been just taking the picture of my foot. But that is because I experienced worse moments, not having to take any pictures. Of course, there are other similar instances, but you can’t look back on them all. You just need to learn mind control”.

My heart bleed when i read this. She started her career life from scratch. Life was hard and she can get through it. No pain no gain.

Her film broker will be out. Can't wait to see her as a short tempered lawyer. With her huge popularity right now...strike while the iron is still hot. I hope her first film will be box office in cinema.

Seeing her vacation pics with friends is a pleasure to me. You go girl...have fun with your girlfriends....you' re still young. Live your life to the fullest.

Many thanks to libera for spoiling us with LSK making photoshoots. I've never seen those clips before.

Archived