Libera

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, cmoirae2 said:

Which role chingu?  Beware of that woman?  Did she decline?

Yes, news is out now that Han Ji Min received an offer, either she declined or SBS offered it to a different person. Oh well. 

Its not confirmed yet but since the offer was out to someone else, then it only means that she either dropped it or she was dropped.

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003497414

Oh well, guess we have to move on and wait for another offer for our dear LSK. 

1 minute ago, jughead2000 said:

Yes, news is out now that Han Ji Min received an offer, either she declined or SBS offered it to a different person. Oh well. 

Spoiler

i don't get it. Anyway probably part of jcw demand to cast him along side with an a lister. Disappointed here. Hjm has a movie too btw. 

hjm will split her time between her movie and he drama?  

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/17/han-ji-min-cast-alongside-lee-hee-joon-film-ex-convict/

2 minutes ago, cmoirae2 said:

Hide contents

i don't get it. Anyway probably part of jcw demand to cast him along side with an a lister. Disappointed here. Hjm has a movie too btw. 

hjm will split her time between her movie and he drama?  

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/17/han-ji-min-cast-alongside-lee-hee-joon-film-ex-convict/

Spoiler

We are not sure, if its JCW or SBS' move but yeah I have somewhat read that she has not confirmed yet because she is also doing a movie. Ah well, we can move on and wait for another news for LSK. It will always be blessing in disguise sometimes, I just want a lead role for her and not another support, that what matters more to me. 

15 minutes ago, jughead2000 said:

Its not confirmed yet but since the offer was out to someone else, then it only means that she either dropped it or she was dropped.

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003497414

Oh well, guess we have to move on and wait for another offer for our dear LSK. 

WHAT? WHY??WHY???

Sung kyung.....give us the reason  if you who the one reject the offer. Give me a professional reason.

Hah, this SBS drama waiting and cycle has been a roller coaster ride and has been stressful to me. Unfortunately, the results did not favor us. My heart is saying that those Korean negative comments on naver has been a factor too of the change in production, I hope not because if it is, it will be hard for LSK to land a lead role when every time they will announce an offer to her, Knetz will rob her the opportunity because of their unfair judgment that she is not a lead role material, or she can't act. 

On the other side, there has always been a blessing in disguise, like Moon Chae Woon who rejected the Bride offer (although there was an announcement that she rejected it unlike this SBS drama that seems like LSK has been robbed in favor of JCW camp's demand), I hope there will be a good news soon for our Bok joo.

Spreading the good vibes. Please more blessings for Sungkyung,

tumblr_inline_nn518gaqQs1sc3ygs_500.gif

07.gif

tumblr_ntasnhaupN1rj46xdo1_540.gif

Honestly disappointed about the news too. I think she just has bad luck, with poor agency management in combo with the fact that knetizens still aren't ready or don't get her acting style. But you never know, this might be for the better. BWOTW scriptwriters and PD crew must really be lacking. So it's possible LSK saw this and did not confirm in the first place. This series should have been tailored to her after her role in WLFKBJ. Sounds like BWOTW then got desperate so turned to bigger and more established names like HJM because they couldn't get LSK.

I don't think CJW gave much thought as he seems to just want to test out a rom com before his military service so if it turns out good, he'll be remembered more. Though K-2 was decent I heard, it wasn't that spectacular compared to all the other 2016 dramas, so even I didn't watch it. If it turns out a complete failure, meh he'Il have the army to turn to and come back in 2 years and start anew again.

As for HJM, I liked her in Cain and Abel, but not a fan of her other rom coms. Maybe due to my bias for So Ji Sub, I felt she had no chemistry with her other costars. However she has been following the trend with other actors like Kim Seul Gi, Jo Jung Sun, & Cha Tae Hyun in making cameos, which is smart. (Easy and gives the audience a chance to remember you.)

I kind of wish LSK can do that too while she's still waiting for a good drama offer. For instance, she could cameo in Bride of the Water God or Strong Woman Do Bong Soon. I would be all for her popping up as a cousin of Bong Soon with super strength. After all, the genes do pass down the women's lineage. :D

Hehe I am shipping LSK with Leeteuk. The poor guy's been through so much struggle in life with family and the entertainment industry. In a way, he could relate to her. He's a hard worker too and seems to always be taking care of someone. Hypothetically speaking, If he and LSK became and item, I could see her as being his rock. One of her plus points is that she's very supportive. And she would be in good hands. If not, he can always introduce her to Choi Siwon, heybiblee: meet my very handsome funny Christian buddy.

I'm so disappointed of what happened tbh but I hope it's for the best for LSK :( Why didn't they even gave a formal announcement that she rejected the role. My heart hurts :( 

If only YG confirmed just earlier...Now they've offered it with another actress or if only they just declined it earlier not to let have false hopes . I'm seriously hoping the offer isn't declined yet by LSK's camp and that HJM received it but will decline. (it's possible that a role be offered to 2 persons right?) GOSH IM SO FRUSTRATED. 

If this project isn't for her, how long will it take us to wait again :( I miss her so much....

1 hour ago, jughead2000 said:

Hah, this SBS drama waiting and cycle has been a roller coaster ride and has been stressful to me. Unfortunately, the results did not favor us. My heart is saying that those Korean negative comments on naver has been a factor too of the change in production, I hope not because if it is, it will be hard for LSK to land a lead role when every time they will announce an offer to her, Knetz will rob her the opportunity because of their unfair judgment that she is not a lead role material, or she can't act. 

On the other side, there has always been a blessing in disguise, like Moon Chae Woon who rejected the Bride offer (although there was an announcement that she rejected it unlike this SBS drama that seems like LSK has been robbed in favor of JCW camp's demand), I hope there will be a good news soon for our Bok joo.

Spreading the good vibes. Please more blessings for Sungkyung,

They listened to Knetz and now they are all happy that they won their battle -_- I guessed that something was wrong because it took way too much time and also after reading so many negative comments i lost hope. It will be really hard for LSK to have a lead role after this, if they just listen to Knetz, she will never have a lead role so i guess that she will be stuck with supporting roles like YG always wanted. If it wasn't for WFKBJ director she would have never had a lead role anyway.

It's more and more obvious to me that YG doesn't give a damn about LSK so i really hope she will change agency soon, i don't think she will because she love that damn agency. They are banking all on NJH and they don't intend to waste their energy on a woman, if they wanted LSK to have this role she would have had it because they are a powerful agency, if they wanted, she would already have the role one month ago.

I am sad because if she got this role she would become for sure an Hallyu star and she would have gained love from Korea too also this drama doesn't have big opponents so had more chance to succeed.

I am disappointed but most of all I just feel bad for Lee Sung Kyung, i can only imagine how disappointed and sad she is after all the hate she got from Knetz and no support from her agency :( I wish her the best. Let's wait and see.

@Libera I'm really dissapointed but yeah what can we do, we move on from it.There might be another door that opens. I just missed her and I dont know, I am really rooting for her and her potential as a lead actress but its gonna be a tough road for her and for us.

But I am wondering, the offers, how does it work? Do they offer a lead role to different actress at the same time? Like when they offered the role to LSK, if she accepted it, can they retract it? Don't they have a contact? Or has LSK really accepted it or not? Its been a month since the news is out that she had an offer but she has not really confirmed it. 

Welp, if k-drama doesn't work out she could always venture out to other countries like China, Taiwan, Japan, heck how's Filipino dramas? Sandara park used to be in them before she moved back to SK. If you're reading this LSK, Don't give up!!!! You can always switch careers & pursue fashion design or MUSICAL THEATRE!!! Thank God for social media like Instagram & forums like Soompi so we can follow her other activites besides K-drama. 4EVA LSK SUPPORTER!!! Fighting!!!

@jughead2000 I always read that Lee Sung Kyung was one of the candidates that was offered the role, so she never was the only one i think. She never accepted the offer, if she accepted they couldn't have broken the contract. I am really pissed with YG right now, this is her moment if she doesn't take advantage now i don't think she will become an estabilished actress.

I wonder what she will do now, will they try to make her a singer? Will she just be a supporting actress forever? Will she host a variety show? Or will she just come back to be a model? I don't have any faith in this agency anymore.

@Libera that's what I read too from SBS, that she was one of the potential candidates so Im thinking if they offer it to different actresses at the same time, it would be unfair for LSK as she will kept hanging by the SBS production. I though usually they will court one actress, then move on to another if declined. 

Oh well, I dont know what to think anymore. 

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0000952459

not sure I think in this article it was said that she was "misplaced".

@Libera I cant read the translation properly and sometimes its inaccurate so Im not sure if the media or "sbs" means that she was replaced. That's not fair on her part but oh well, hopefully bigger blessings will come her way. We can't really blame YG alone here, there are a lot of factors involved such as SBS and JCW camp.

From what i understood of this mess, SBS dropped Lee Sung Kyung because she was "misplaced" probably because of the negative Knetz comments, probably because JCW team asked for it. Whatever the reason this is just so bad for Lee Sung Kyung image, if she declined the offer it wouldn't be too big of a deal but she was dropped and she had so much hate from Knetz that after this nobody will even think to offer her a lead role, so it's ruining her career, i believe that YG could have handeled things much better, they are a big agency they had the power to give LSK the lead or when things got bad they could have just refused the offer. while now it's SBS that dropped her which ruin her image and it's so humiliating for Lee Sung Kyung.

Also SBS has been a true richard simmons to LSK, they made her hanging there for 2 months and dropped her like this, she probably even refused other offers :angry:

I feel bad for her, after all the love and positive comments that she got about her acting in WFKBJ she was so happy, now it looks like everybody forgot about it and it was just a dream and she came back to where she was after CITT i can only imagine how hurt she is right now. I hope she can rise again and don't let this put her down. For now her acting career is on hold, if she will have a role this year it will much likely to be a supporting role or maybe she will try with musicals or other careers. 

If i was her manager i will try to change the negative image koreans have with her, i would make her guest in a good variety show, i would try to make her do a single or a duet and boost her popularity, she is good in basically everything so they can really make her do anything. Right now we can only wait and see, considering how little the care for LSK i guess we will probably see her next year in a small supporting role.

I'm disappointed of this news like all but I think we shouldn't blame on yg. I mean sure they are a powerful agency but no that much really their biggest actor now is Lee Jung Suk and maybe yoo in na and that's it.
I'm more inclined to believe that lsk and her team though it was a better idea to decline or think about it better.
About the article I don't really understand  if they played lsk or is a misunderstanding and here I think that maybe yg was at fault because they could handle this situation better.
 I agree that it's very disrespectful and somehow embarrassing but I don't think it will affect her career at all or ruin her tbh I have seen that happen sometimes and nothing happened.
I think she would have no problems and will be offered other roles I don't know if there would be leads or supporting roles but she should choose something asap to keep her momentarun . Even if she wants to rest or try something else I think the smartest thing to do now is stablish in one thing and that's acting.
 Also about yg preference of njh and lsk mistreat  I don't think is that much. Sure he got leads faster but tbh Lsk have been always in high profile dramas starting from ioil cit and doctors all of them were really popular in korea and internationaly too , she even was lead in a long drama where she improved her acting a lot.
Meanwhile Njh started in non well known dramas I only hear of him last year in moon lovers where his acting was very bland but overall his whole career is not very different in opportunities because where yet to see what lsk is going to do next who knows,I'm hoping for the best.
To stablish she needs too star in a drama that does well in Korea and internationaly too like ioil or a Kim eun sook drama.
Rn I just want lsk to take a role to keep the attention while waiting for these dramas  I'm crossing my fingers for this .

Im open with LSK doing other things but personally I fell inlove with her as an actress so I agree that she needs to choose one and establish herself at it. I am really really rooting for her to become one of Korea's leading ladies (yes an A lister) but it seems that it will not be easy for her and for us but I am still hoping because I can see her potential and I believe that she is capable of being one. Again, what she needs is a chance, one chance! Sigh.

I am really sad for the news today, I would honestly say that this is a huge missed opportunity as I'm sure she will be able to move forward in her career if she just locked out this drama. But oh well, no point of crying over spilled milk.

The hate in naver is irrational, unfair and unreal. I was trying to create an account there to lambast those idiots, I might do next time. 

But reading through dramabeans, soompi, facebook, I can really say that LSK has gained a handful of international fans. She is quite strong online because of the international fans - unfortunately it seems like they don't recognize it as she is still a striving actress locally.

Might rest for a while, I was stressed with this waiting game lol I will watch new kdramas now and immerse myself in other dramas until I heard any good news from LSK.  Will be praying for our girl. 

Archived