Libera

Lee Sung Kyung will be the female lead for Romantic Doctor Kim season 2. 

Han Suk Kyu, Lee Sung Kyung, And Ahn Hyo Seop Confirmed For Season 2 Of “Romantic Doctor Kim”

Screenshot_20190918_135304.jpg

Season 2 of SBS’s “Romantic Doctor Kim” has its main cast!

On September 18, it was announced that Han Suk Kyu will be returning for the second season of the drama, and he will be joined by Lee Sung Kyung and Ahn Hyo Seop. All three actors had previously been in talks to the join the drama, but their appearance has now been confirmed.

“Romantic Doctor Kim” was a popular SBS drama that ran from November 2016 to January 2017, and was loved for its realistic portrayal of medical professionals and its relatable and heartwarming messages. The drama was led by Han Suk Kyu, Yoo Yeon Seok, and Seo Hyun Jin, reaching ratings of 27.6 percent throughout its run and widely being praised as a well-made drama.

The series will now be returning with a second season that is set to air in January 2020. Screenwriter Kang Eun Kyung, director Yoo In Shik, and lead actor Han Suk Kyu will be returning for the second season, and they will be joined by Lee Sung Kyung and Ahn Hyo Seop.

Han Suk Kyu will be reprising his role as the genius Teacher Kim, while Lee Sung Kyung will play Cha Eun Jae, a second year fellow in the cardiosurgery department who enjoys studying and has confidently walked the path of an elite student for most of her life. Ahn Hyo Seop will take on the role of Seo Woo Jin, a cynical second year fellow who doesn’t believe in happiness because of his hardships growing up, but he shows impressive levels of concentration and talent when he is performing surgery.

Production company Samhwa Networks stated, “We’ve come together one more time to shed light on important values that are dying out. Kang Eun Kyung, Yoo In Shik, and Han Suk Kyu have joined forces once more to create a great story, and Lee Sung Kyung and Ahn Hyo Seop are set to reflect the worries and emotions of the younger generation, so please anticipate the stories they will all tell.”

Season 2 of “Romantic Doctor Kim” is scheduled to premiere in January 2020.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1353246wpp/han-suk-kyu-lee-sung-kyung-and-ahn-hyo-seop-confirmed-for-season-2-of-romantic-doctor-kim

• Libera changed the title to Lee Sung Kyung - 이성경 - 李聖經 - イソンギョン || [Upcoming drama - January 2020] Romantic Doctor Kim 2
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/18/2019 at 1:19 PM, dawnana said:

So... I just finished watching WFKBJ (i know im really late to the party) and it turned me into a HUGE LSK fan. I mean i created a soompi account just for her and idk if theres anyone left here but well... I found her really gorgeous and her acting is really good as well in my opinion. And im shipping her with almost every male star she interacts/acts with! Including: lee jong suk, nam joo hyuk (though thats a ship that sailed and sunk), lee sang yoon, jang ki yong (are they still friends?), shon minho (her urban MV co star), kang seung yoon (she starred in his MV- i felt their chemistry in the BTS video!!). And probably all the future guys who she’ll work with xD

Happy to see you. I think she did a wonderful job in choosing her projects till 2016 then something broke and she only took disappointing projects, i hope somebody will guide her to make better choices in the future.

Some updates 

Lee Sung Kyung won the Special Popularity Award at Chunsa Film Art Awards 2019 for her movie Girl Cops

20190719132811590uzpp.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1339621wpp/winners-of-2019-chunsa-film-art-awards

She also won Artist of the Year and Best Emotive Award for her role of Choi Mika in the drama About Time at 2018 Asia Artist Award

073841631401dec86a0c61d35914ea7b165c479fr1-750-495v2_uhq.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1270675wpp/winners-2018-asia-artist-awards

Lee Sung Kyung is one of the seven new Icons for Daniel Wellington with other international stars like Hailey Bieber, Lay Zhang, Paulo Dybala...

Spoiler

• 4 months later...

@Libera, thank you for starting this thread, and for all the updates.

I have loved her in every show I have seen her in... And totally loving "Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 2" and her in it.
I also love her chemistry with Ahn Hyo-Seop 's character.

Here they are singing together, to follow up on their ratings promise.

• Libera changed the title to Lee Sung Kyung - 이성경 - 李聖經 - イソンギョン || [Recently Completed Drama] Romantic Doctor Kim 2

5a2926361b1642dd858b01f86a536a59.jpeg?s=

Lee Sung Kyung Talks About Her Reaction To Ratings, Being Misunderstood Because Of Her Appearance, And More

Lee Sung Kyung is the cover model for Cosmopolitan Korea’s upcoming issue!

The model and actress addressed it being her first time ever being on the cover of Cosmopolitan, saying, “On one hand, first times are a little frightening. However, no matter how long it’s been, you need a first time to have a next time and to continue pursuing connections.” She added, “It’s the same for being the cover model of Cosmopolitan. Since I’ve observed this trendy magazine for so long, working on the cover was that much more fun.”

Lee-Sung-Kyung-4.jpg

Lee Sung Kyung is currently starring in hit drama “Dr. Romantic 2,” which continues to see impressive viewership ratings, repeatedly breaking its own personal records. She commented, “To be honest, since I can’t change viewership ratings with solely my strength and determination, I feel dumbfounded. But I also feel a lot of responsibility. They reflect just how much love the drama is receiving and how many people are awaiting it.”

After appearing in “Doctors,” “Dr. Romantic 2” is Lee Sung Kyung’s second medical drama. She shared, “More than anything, I liked that the growth of my character Cha Eun Jae was very evident. Also, acting as a doctor is always fun, enough for me to do it again. In the previous drama, I played a character with a completely different personality, age, and appearance, so my most important homework was the depth of my acting, rather than the transformation of my character. This time, working with senior actors helped solve some of my concerns as an actress and secure the direction I want to go in. I think other actors have the same worries as me because even though the genre or occupation of a character may be the same as a previous drama, the character you portray and the life they live will surely be different. Considering that, I think the character and the overall drama is more important than just the genre.”

Lee-Sung-Kyung-21-701x900.jpg

When asked how she compares to her character Cha Eun Jae, Lee Sung Kyung answered, “Eun Jae is young, and I think she’s going through the growing pains that every young person endures. She’s a passionate and genuine person. However, since her life isn’t going as planned, she gets defeated by unpredictable obstacles and gets hurt. Despite that, she gets better and changes because she meets such warm people. As she matures, she becomes more free and that freedom allows her heart to widen. While acting as Eun Jae, there were a lot of relatable points as someone who was once her age. Like Eun Jae, I endured that stage but I am not as simple as her. Maybe it’s because I’m the eldest daughter, but I have a lot of thoughts.”

As a very cold character, Eun Jae was slow to open up to many of the characters. Lee Sung Kyung described how she personally builds relationships with others, saying, “Ever since I was little, I was often misunderstood and felt hurt because of my appearance that makes me look unfriendly. That’s why I purposely tried to approach people in a silly way to make them laugh, which has just become my personality now. Especially when I work, I know that others find me hard to approach, so I work harder to approach them first.”

Spoiler

Lee-Sung-Kyung-3.jpg

Just like how many viewers watch dramas with hopes of a happy ending, Lee Sung Kyung was asked if she also has a tendency to romanticize. She explained, “When we do photo shoots now, we film with a digital camera, but when I heard that they used to use film cameras or polaroids, I said, ‘That is so romantic.’ To be honest, I probably didn’t actually think it was romantic back then. Thinking of past memories like this is romantic, but I think romanticizing the present allows me to feel more thankful. All the little things in life that you could miss become grand and romantic in a movie where I am the main character. I want to treat all the moments that I create as special and precious.”

She also spoke about the genres and roles she would like to try in the future, sharing, “There are so many ‘firsts’ that I have not encountered yet. There are so many characters and projects that I dream of and want to do. Among those, I really want to try a story with a strong emphasis on family, even if they’re not blood-related. Just one that is realistic yet emotional that depicts the relationship between people who are close enough to be called family.”

Spoiler

Lee-Sung-Kyung-11-701x900.jpg

When asked what kind of actress she wants to become, Lee Sung Kyung replied, “After completing a project that lingers, I want to become an actress and person that also lingers. I believe that can come from providing giggles that relieve stress, being relatable and offering comfort, or sharing any kind of message. As an actress, I want to act in a manner that lasts deeply in people’s hearts. Although I still have a long way to go, I am genuinely trying, so please give me lots of support.”

Catch Lee Sung Kyung’s full photo shoot in the March issue of Cosmopolitan Korea.

source

• 1 month later...
  • Guest changed the title to Lee Sung Kyung - 이성경 - 李聖經 - イソンギョン
  • 8 months later...

Archived