Libera

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Sung Kyung Thanks Lee Jong Suk And Yoon Kyun Sang For Their Support During “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo”

Lee Jong Suk Lee Sung Kyung Yoon Kyun Sang

Actress Lee Sung Kyung’s close friendship with Lee Jong Suk and Yoon Kyun Sang is pretty well-known, and it seems like her friends were a huge support during her recent drama “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo” as well.

During an interview on January 12, Lee Sung Kyung said, “They gave me strength and compliments about how Bok Joo is so cute and lovely.”

Lee Sung Kyung, Lee Jong Suk, and Yoon Kyun Sang often get together and post group photos on social media. Lee Jong Suk even made a special appearance on “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo” in support of his close friend.

Yoon Kyun Sang Lee Sung Kyung Lee Jong Suk

Lee Sung Kyung explained, “They’re my trustworthy colleagues. They could’ve given me a just a straight, cold opinion but they gave me strength by complimenting me instead. I was thankful for [Lee Jong Suk’s] support. I felt like I was using him way too much because he was photographed so much on set [for his cameo]. I was sorry,” and laughed.

She talked more about her friends, saying, “We’re the same as anyone else when we play together. We go bowling sometimes. We also share worries about our projects. They even read the script with me. They would even told me, ‘That’s not it,’ when I acted out a certain part.”

Lastly, she said, “Bok Joo could’ve come off as Baek In Ha, so it was my duty to shed some feminineness off of my character. When I lowered my voice, [Lee Jong Suk and Yoon Kyun Sang] praised me.”

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/13/lee-sung-kyung-thanks-lee-jong-suk-yoon-kyun-sang-support-weightlifting-fairy-kim-bok-joo/

The infectious joy of ‘Weightlifting Fairy’ Lee Sung-kyung: Herald Interview

When Lee Sung-kyung put on a few kilograms for her role as a weightlifting trainee, she was “a little depressed” to find patches of dry skin and stretch marks throughout her body.

“The best way to put on weight was to eat late at night and go straight to bed,” said the model-turned-actress at an interview at a cafe in Hapjeong-dong, Seoul, Thursday. “My face would be puffy the next morning.”

But the toll the extra weight posed on her health was forgotten once she began filming “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo,” said Lee. The drama’s 16-episode run ended Wednesday on MBC. 

“I found happiness in the innocence of the show. I felt like all of my complicated thoughts were filtered clean, and I was left only with the nicest feelings.”

A youthful tale of on-campus romance between two athletes in training, the series gained a devoted following among viewers who found respite in the freshness of puppy love and the sincerity of the dialogue, penned by Yang Hee-seung and Kim Soo-jin.

“(Writer Yang) did such a great job in capturing youth,” said Lee, 26. “She herself is very gentle. That sensitivity shows through.”

[...]

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20170113000506

Lee Sung Kyung Explains Her Tears At Final “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo” Filming

Lee Sung Kyung

Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo” healed the hearts of its viewers as it followed the dreams, aspirations, and love of youths. But it wasn’t just the viewers the drama comforted. Actress Lee Sung Kyung, who was the main female lead of the drama, gained a lot of positive energy during the filming process.

Lee Sung Kyung 2

The actress stated, “I couldn’t watch the last episode because I was crying. Watching the drama when it aired, I sobbed because I was so sad it was ending. When we were nearing the end of filming the last episode, the director kept saying things like, ‘We have two cuts left,’ and ‘This is going to be our last scene,’ and that made me cry again.”

She smiled as she added, “I’ve cried twice working on a drama, and it was this one and ‘It’s Okay, That’s Love.’ Both were dramas meant to be healing for viewers. Usually, I’m pretty calm and able to keep the tears in, but I cried so much at yesterday’s wrap-up session. When I woke up, my eyes looked like sausages. It looked like when Bok Joo had a pimple.”

Lee Sung Kyung

It was the first leading role for the actress, and she made it look like the role had been tailor-made for her. The drama’s production value and acting were highly praised, so much so that viewership ratings stopped mattering. Lee Sung Kyung was showered with love and praise.

Stating that she had never received so much love before in her career, Lee Sung Kyung said, “I’ve never received this many articles supporting me in my life, and it made me wonder if something like this will ever happen again. In the beginning, I really wanted to be praised and have a nice article written about me, and having that become a reality makes me tear up. Viewership ratings aren’t important to me. I’m so grateful and so lucky.”

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/13/lee-sung-kyung-explains-tears-final-weightlifting-fairy-kim-bok-joo-filming/

Lee Sung Kyung Talks About Her Innocent First Love Experience

During an interview on January 13, actress Lee Sung Kyung reminisced about her own personal love life, and revealed, “I had my first love when I was 21 years old.”

Her actual experience with her first love was different in some ways from that of her character Kim Bok Joo, from “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo.” She explained, “I never really had a one-sided love and never experienced hurt from [the relationship]. I didn’t approach anyone first or flirt. Even if I had feelings for a guy, I was scared and didn’t contact him.”

About her first relationship, she said, “I met my first boyfriend when I was 21 and started dating him when I was 22. When it was about three months into our relationship, I felt very comfortable next to him, just like family. I thought, ‘Is this what love is?’ and told him ‘I love you’ for the first time. I, too, experienced love in an innocent way like Bok Joo.”

Lee Sung Kyung continued, “I don’t have a boyfriend right now. I have a trait that single people all have. I like spending time alone. It excites me. I feel very happy when I’m at home with the music turned on and I play with my cats while drinking some tea.”

Meanwhile, “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo” finished its 16-episode run on January 11.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/13/lee-sung-kyung-talks-innocent-first-love-experience/

23 hours ago, Libera said:

Lee Sung Kyung Says She Felt Blessed Playing Lovable Character 

Lee Sung Kyung continued, “After expressing hurtful emotions all the time with my past characters, it felt nice to act a character that the script revolved around. I was thankful towards Kyung Soo Jin because I’ve been through her situation. It’s hard for actors to express emotions, too. [Second leads] have to express emotions that don’t necessarily connect, or sometimes we just can’t express them at all. I felt sorry towards her.”

Meanwhile, “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo” finished its run on January 11.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/12/lee-sung-kyung-says-felt-blessed-playing-lovable-character-weightlifting-fairy-kim-bok-joo/

Sorry  libera to cut your post.

Lee Sung Kyung is so sweet and considerate towards kyung soo jin regarding her role as antagonist in WFKBJ. She surely know the feeling to be hatred by audience after being in a villain role. ..thanks to her bitchy character in doctors.

Actually I respect some actors and actress who can do antagonist perfectly in drama or movie. They have wider range of experience in acting...limitless talent. I just wonder whether character baek in ha can be considered  as villain becoz the way LSK nailed her role is outstanding. Her character is peculiar ..a bit mental unstable....a little comedy. I've never across this kind of character in korean drama before. I choose baek in ha as her best character so far while kim bok joo is a breakthrough role coz she meet wider audience and popularity with wlfkbj.

I know many of you are still suffering from WLFKBJ withdrawals and not ready to let go of the swag couple. But reality check, she will be in other dramas and films with other actors besides NJH. (Now don't go all jumping at me delulu fans). For those ready to support her on her future endeavors, who would you want her paired up with in future projects? 

We are already anticipating Broker

I say Jang Ki Young since they've also modeled together and are friends even more than with NJH. He made a small appearance in one of her dramas. So they should be pretty comfortable together and he's pretty tall. YG did not disappoint in training their ppl and delivered NJH & LSK to the audience. I'm hoping JKY will get his big break soon in acting like his model colleagues.

tumblr_niqgmdejQc1t55b9yo1_500.jpg

The formula to pair model colleagues in acting seems to work and create great chemistry. I saw this when they did Oh My Venus with Shin Min Ah & So Ji Sub. I think that's why I liked WLFKBJ, it felt like OMV 2.0.

Shon Minho - although he's never really acted before but they look good together.

hqdefault.jpg

How bout Lee Tae Hwan?

Ji Soo? Hahaha "He looks like me."

Do Ji Han has been getting my attention in Hwarang.

7fephpz4tynv0v7pitdkkckmfzld8874.jpg

or Kwang Soo again? XD XD XD

https://instagram.com/p/BPCvLu4hHZf/

Oooo although I low key ship her with NJH..ahahaha...I'm excited for this movie...especially because the male lead is my favourite namja Kim Young Kwang (confession- I have too many fav oppas, lol!)

Oh....I feel pain in my heart....looking for all those handsome boys beside LSK. To imagine them doing skinship with her....oooo God ...please help me.

Can I add one more namja...Kim woo bin. He also did some commercials with LSK in 2015 ....and their chemistry is sizzling hot. Besides his manly charisma, his acting is not bad. And he has shin minah....so I want to play safe, no need to worry about their possible gossip if they become a couple in a drama.

12 hours ago, anom65 said:

I know many of you are still suffering from WLFKBJ withdrawals and not ready to let go of the swag couple. But reality check, she will be in other dramas and films with other actors besides NJH. (Now don't go all jumping at me delulu fans). For those ready to support her on her future endeavors, who would you want her paired up with in future projects? 

We are already anticipating Broker

I say Jang Ki Young since they've also modeled together and are friends even more than with NJH. He made a small appearance in one of her dramas. So they should be pretty comfortable together and he's pretty tall. YG did not disappoint in training their ppl and delivered NJH & LSK to the audience. I'm hoping JKY will get his big break soon in acting like his model colleagues.

The formula to pair model colleagues in acting seems to work and create great chemistry. I saw this when they did Oh My Venus with Shin Min Ah & So Ji Sub. I think that's why I liked WLFKBJ, it felt like OMV 2.0.

Shon Minho - although he's never really acted before but they look good together.

How bout Lee Tae Hwan?

Ji Soo? Hahaha "He looks like me."

Do Ji Han has been getting my attention in Hwarang.

or Kwang Soo again? XD XD XD

https://instagram.com/p/BPCvLu4hHZf/

Apart for Kwang Soo and Jang Ki Young i don't know the others, so i would say one of this two.

I would also like her with Lee Jong Suk, considering that they are also very close, but it would be difficult maybe because they are from the same agency.

Lee-Jong-Suk-Lee-Sung-Kyung.png

I still have to see Doctors but it looks like she has good chemistry with Yoon Kyun Sang and they are also good friends.

yoon-kyun-sang-goda-lee-sung-kyung.jpg

Other actors that come to my mind are Hyun Bin, Lee Dong Wook and Kang Dong Won they are older then her but i like them.

Also i would like for her to act with other actresses, a drama about friendship or family with Kim Go Eun considering that they are very good friends

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCRvKyQnfXRt1cyF-6DZTjchOlTaJx_8P9d6pRtAptxO_AMc6U

I also hope to continue to see her modeling, because i love it and it would be great if she actually makes a single, maybe a OST for her new drama. Hope to see alot of her in this year and in the future.

[Interview] Part 1 - Lee Seong-kyeong, "I was defensive when I was younger, I don't have a boyfriend now"

photo808453.jpg

"I was defensive when I was younger"

'A bubbly girl who might be bouncing off the walls' is what described Lee Seong-kyeong when she was interviewed during "It's Okay, That's Love" 3 years ago. "It's Okay, That's Love" was her first drama debut and she played the role of a girl

3 years later, a lot had changed. She'd become a real star and her interviews were limited to 40 minutes per reporter out of many. She had been through quite a lot of criticism about her acting so she was aware of the public's reaction when he answered questions.

photo808454.jpg

However, her freewheeling personality was still there.

"Have I had a crush like Kim Bok-joo ("Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo")? I am honest but I don't move forward first or appeal to someone first. I was a defensive girl when I was young. I wouldn't even call that person back if he showed interest in me. I had my first boyfriend when I was 22".

She was so cheerful when she talked and her big round eyes will open and close all the time. She would get excited and use slangs and didn't stop even when the reporters were surprised and laughed. This was Lee Seong-kyeong.

photo808455.jpg

"I don't have a boyfriend. I have everything a solo would have. I love having tea with cats. I don't think I'm ready to share my feelings with anyone".

"I only meet the people I want to meet. Then male friends I have are from work and I see them just as humans".

Source : news.nate.com/view/20...

http://www.hancinema.net/interview-part-1--lee-seong-kyeong-i-was-defensive-when-i-was-younger-i-don-t-have-a-boyfriend-now-102419.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

[Interview] Part 2 - Lee Seong-kyeong, "I am not ashamed of Kim Bok-joo"

photo808456.jpg

"Lee Seong-kyeong, a weighlifter?"

That's right. Not only did her fans worry about it but so did Lee Seong-kyeong.

"I was offered the role of a weightlifter and I wondered how people would take it. I read the scenario and thought it was really fun. I decided 'fun' was all it had to be. I was already thinking about the character of Bok-joo. I couldn't give her up".

"Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo" put Lee Seong-kyeong at most she's ever weighed. She said she gained a lot of weight but she was a lovely girl in the drama and said she was grateful to those who chose her as Kim Bok-joo.

photo808457.jpg

"I concentrated on Bok-joo's heart entirely. I didn't hesitate and went with it as I felt it. I was Kim Bok-joo and not Lee Seong-kyeong".

Although the drama didn't reach more than 6%, she didn't mind and she won't say that competition was strong.

"I wanted to make it a good drama. I wanted to be proud of it that's all. It's not like I could do anything about the result".

photo808458.jpg

"Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo" was a ground wave drama that told the tale of young people and comforted the pain of youths.

"I don't even need to be called 'the trusted actress'. I just want to give them faith".

"I want to give the public faith about my acting. I tried to be truthful and I am grateful for the praise I've been getting".

Lee Sung Kyung and Park Hyung Sik Get Into Character For “Trolls” 

trolls park hyung sik lee sung kyung 2

Lee Sung Kyung and Park Hyung Sik are dubbing the voices of Princess Poppy and Branch for the Korean release of the DreamWorks film “Trolls,” which will premiere on Feburary 16.

“Trolls” had gained international fame with Justin Timberlake and Anna Kendrick as the original voices for Branch and Poppy, and the Korean versions of Branch and Poppy were praised by the staff for being as good as the originals.

Known for her roles in “Cheese in the Trap” and “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo,” Lee Sung Kyung channeled her inner princess into her role as the optimistic Princess Poppy. On the other hand, Park Hyung Sik utilized his deep voice to express the cranky worrywart Branch.

trolls park hyung sik lee sung kyung

In the stills, the two actors can be seen incorporating various motions and facial expressions to get into character.

Meanwhile, Park Hyung Sik is busy with his appearances in “Hwarang” and the upcoming drama “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon.”

I'm so glad to see a thread for Lee Sung Kyung. I've been digging so much about her after watching Weightlifting Fairy. Not that I just knew about her because of her recent drama, I knew her eversince It's Okay, It's Love and started liking her since Cheese in the Trap. Despite Baek In-ha being a very annoying character, I really admired how she conveyed the character and how she acted so well. Even before I know that she's also a model but WLFKBJ has been my turning point to become so smitten by her. I'm looking for everything about her. She's just so talented, cool and really likeable. Even very shippable to any guy he's together with. (True enough, she's been in a lot of dating rumors) I'm biased to him and Nam Joo Hyuk but maybe that's just because I was so drowned into Weightlifting Fairy but then when I see her with other men, I see she has great chemistry with everyone. 

Srsly every video and article I find about her, I always have this question to myself..."What can't she do?". She acts, dances, sings and models well. Walk through runways fiercely, play musical instruments and also with a nice and cheerful personality. She gets alonh with everyone that's why you could see she's an outgoing person with a lot of friends. 

Gosh, I love Lee Sung Kyung so much. <3 

I am very happy to see new supporters. Hope Lee Sung Kyung will have soon other amazing projects and hopefully successful in Korea and Internationally. 

I hope she can balance acting and modeling and maybe in the future singing too, i really would be sorry if she quits modeling tho.

I wonder if she will have some good offers, considering that in Korea WFKBJ was a flop *finger crossed for new good projects*

viewimage.php?id=25b8c924ecd034a36b&no=29bcc427b28677a16fb3dab004c86b6fae7cfdc6a7b48ad83ba3ced02c3da89da7e672e66e011c2e0fdf96aa213333ef3cf78a2e324b57a5a10597075fd8fb0095b235b3viewimage.php?id=25b8c924ecd034a36b&no=29bcc427b28677a16fb3dab004c86b6fae7cfdc6a7b48ad83ba3ced02c3da89da7e672e66c0e12270cda93a7233733ec4c72147d68e0efaf883be424a1cc5c143d09a270

viewimage.php?id=25b8c924ecd034a36b&no=29bcc427b28677a16fb3dab004c86b6fae7cfdc6a7b48ad83ba3ced02c3da89da7e672e66c0e12270cda93a7233733bd4c8ed9572bbf0e8e09b2f23612e7b89a173583ef

viewimage.php?id=25b8c924ecd034a36b&no=29bcc427b28677a16fb3dab004c86b6fae7cfdc6a7b48ad83ba3ced02c3da89da7e672e66c0e12270cda93a7233733bcaa16d906e36f81bde807aa53a0fa6eab728d37fa

In wlfkbj, they downplay LSK 's  beautiful face. I' m not fond of her short hair in the drama. But since LSK is kim bok joo....how could I say kim bok joo is ugly.... I wonder if that hairstyle can match other actress. LSK has a face that can launch a thousand ships. No wonder laneige recruit her as their model .If I"m not mistaken this cosmetic brand associated with Song hye go several years before.

My heart bleeds when I read LSK wants to stay single for this time being . I wish 2017 will be a great year for her ..be it in her personal life or career.

18 minutes ago, sima158 said:

In wlfkbj, they downplay LSK 's  beautiful face. I' m not fond of her short hair in the drama. But since LSK is kim bok joo....how could I say kim bok joo is ugly.... I wonder if that hairstyle can match other actress. LSK has a face that can launch a thousand ships. No wonder laneige recruit her as their model .If I"m not mistaken this cosmetic brand associated with Song hye go several years before.

My heart bleeds when I read LSK wants to stay single for this time being . I wish 2017 will be a great year for her ..be it in her personal life or career.

Even if they downplayed her beauty she still looked very beautiful to me, just we are more used to see her beautiful in a fashionista kind of way while in Kim Bok Joo she showed her beauty in a cute way. Even like this and with a few extra pounds i think people can still see she is beautiful.

Hopefully she will be able to balance work and private life but it will be difficult, if she wants to succeed she has still a long hard way to go.

2 hours ago, Libera said:

Even if they downplayed her beauty she still looked very beautiful to me, just we are more used to see her beautiful in a fashionista kind of way while in Kim Bok Joo she showed her beauty in a cute way. Even like this and with a few extra pounds i think people can still see she is beautiful.

Hopefully she will be able to balance work and private life but it will be difficult, if she wants to succeed she has still a long hard way to go.

Yup...I second  you..LSK looked cute, lovely and bubbly in wlfkbj. Thanks to her beautiful face. I still against that  bob hair. 

Speaking of hairstyle...I prefer LSK can have a role with a short hair like Ha ji won in secret garden or YEH in coffee prince. Off coz the character should be a badass or gansta girl. 

Archived