Libera

7 hours ago, sima158 said:

Love all mika style in 'about time' except that yellow binnie.  Since she is just a regular person not rich...no chance for us to see her in glamour and classy dress like beth. 

For sure...the uncoming episodes will be fulled with sadness and tears. Be strong mika. Don't lose yourself. Value your worth...love is not blind. If doha is yours....he will find you anyway.( in this drama...certainly)

Honestly...I'm very happy since lee sang yoon is her male lead here. He has this hidden magnetic charms in him besides his manly/ rugged look and dorky/ relax personality.

Off topic but still related with sung kyung. I noticed this season ..korean drama promote their cat's eyes actor/actress. Sung kyung, go ara, seo kang joon and his female lead.

I am not a fan of the huge pants and that farm girl look. I have to admit that I am disappointed with the drama, I hoped they would focus on life and death and the important thing in life but they are going for a love square maybe even a love pentagon. It doesn't make sense that DH is crazy about Mika and in the moment that he see his first love he totally forgets about her. This stupid plot of crazy jealous ex girlfriends is really disappointing.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Libera said:

I am not a fan of the huge pants and that farm girl look. I have to admit that I am disappointed with the drama, I hoped they would focus on life and death and the important thing in life but they are going for a love square maybe even a love pentagon. It doesn't make sense that DH is crazy about Mika and in the moment that he see his first love he totally forgets about her. This stupid plot of crazy jealous ex girlfriends is really disappointing.

Now I realised the huge pants....country style look after you mention it. Yes...the pant is a bit off actually. I think they want to market the fashion back in trend so they let our model sung kyung style it.

I think the real show in 'about time' is about to start.... just like one poster said in about time drama thread soompi forum. All the roots for the doha miserable life including his anxiety disorder wil be revealed bit by bit. I thought his first girlfriend is dead. I think beth got involved in doha's relationship with his girlfriend before this. Maybe she was the one who ruined them. She just proved it to us....the way she presurred mika to leave doha. Mika should be afraid of beth...she is not like any typical villain so far. She is smart and calculative in all her moves.

About doha....I think he is in a confuse stage. If you notice by the episode 7 preview....the way he walked with his girlfriend from behind...the style he walk not the same as before as if he was in denial and confuse.  

For now....I 'm looking forward to see mika doing her singing with the young director. I love to hear any song that  mika sing in this drama. Her voice is so soothing.

20 hours ago, sima158 said:

Now I realised the huge pants....country style look after you mention it. Yes...the pant is a bit off actually. I think they want to market the fashion back in trend so they let our model sung kyung style it.

I think the real show in 'about time' is about to start.... just like one poster said in about time drama thread soompi forum. All the roots for the doha miserable life including his anxiety disorder wil be revealed bit by bit. I thought his first girlfriend is dead. I think beth got involved in doha's relationship with his girlfriend before this. Maybe she was the one who ruined them. She just proved it to us....the way she presurred mika to leave doha. Mika should be afraid of beth...she is not like any typical villain so far. She is smart and calculative in all her moves.

About doha....I think he is in a confuse stage. If you notice by the episode 7 preview....the way he walked with his girlfriend from behind...the style he walk not the same as before as if he was in denial and confuse.  

For now....I 'm looking forward to see mika doing her singing with the young director. I love to hear any song that  mika sing in this drama. Her voice is so soothing.

I confirm the opinion that i had from the beginning, DH jealous ex character was unnecessary and stupid, a drama about the meaning of life doesn't need this kind of makjang. Beth is one of the worst second leads, she feels happy in hurting others, she is indeed a narcissistic sociopath. I hate the fact that they are making the clock work just depending on DH feelings like Mika doesn't matter and she can only hope that he loves her, that is wrong in so many ways, the writer must be a man -_-

The end of last episode made me not want to continue the drama but i will because of Lee Sung Kyung and hoping that things will change.

Agree about more of Lee Sung Kyung singing, she is amazing, i love when she sang while playing the piano, so talented. I wish there will be less romance and more family, friends, trying to give the people that are going to die soon some happy moments and achieve her dreams.

Lee Sung Kyung best styles for Harper Bazar Hong Kong

Actually...me too still do not understand the logic of mika time clock. How it is work and stop when doha stay beside her. I agree with the latest formula in 'about time' soompi korean drama thread that said mika feeling should be at the same par with doha. Mutual feeling is needed to make mika time clock increase instead of remain . 

Honestly...this is the second time I watched the musical series of korean drama. Just to support sung kyung becoz I like her singing and she is my bias. And love her teamwork with lee sang yun. 

They said the writer is a rookie...for sure he/she has an old soul to apply such old kind of makjang story to this drama. Hopefully...the new character of doha girlfriend will not as villain as beth. I bet she is also the victim here.

Hopefully the rating increase. I love this light romance drama(so far) and I 'm looking forward to see how this drama turn to melo. But I ' m rooting for happy ending.

I like Mika's style in the drama. The beanie wasn't the best but it wasn't that bad imo. And I didn't even notice the fit of the jeans until you painted it out @Libera.

I had the opposite reaction in epidode 6. I was happy Doha's ex came back since I felt like DH's anxiety issues haven't really been prevalent in the last few episodes and I'm glad they're (presumably) dealt with early on. We don't know the logics of the clock but I don't think DH suddenly doesn't love/like Mika. 

I would love it if the drama expanded on the concept of time rather than just telling a love story but I thought this week's episodes were the strongest so far. 

Actually I reserved the yellow beanie just for kim bok joo. Isn't it the same beanie that bok joo wore in weightlifting fairy? So it's exlusive right for bok joo only...mika cannot be a clone for her...hihihi 

I'm glad sung kyung can deliver in this drama. We can see her transition from boyish and spunky bok joo to feminine and lovely mika. 

To be brutally honest i lost all interest on the drama after the ending of episode 6.

Spoiler

i was actually enjoying the drama even with all its weakness but the coming back of his first love and DH fickle feelings for Mika made every pretty word, promises, sweet scenes meaningless. The day before he was saying to Mika to stay next to him that he would protect her and the next day the second he sees his first love he just forgets everthing. The "spoilers" about next episode made me cringe even more, they will focus on DH's first love like we also saw in the preview but not only, there will be other obstacles for DH and MK, like one of the worst soap opera. They could have just named the drama "Lee Do Ha's harem", not only his crazy ex but also his first love, way way too much.

For a drama that was supposed to be about an epic love story and about life and death, there is really nothing of that here, they focused on the "love story" ( i  don't even feel to call it love story anymore) and for the first episodes it was ok but then there are much more important things to focus, MK is dying and they showed only 2 scenes with her family and not even meaningful, MK has an amazing power and they showed us little of what she does to help others and bring happiness to other people that are dying, MK knows the importance of time but she is just wasting it now and not fully enjoying her latest days but she will mope around because of a man :crazy:

Still will continue to watch the drama because i love Lee Sung Kyung and i love see her acting and how much she improved and i am proud of her, she also chose an amazing project if it was given to a good writer too bad that this writer is into soap operas and has no depth, with another writer this could have been a masterpiece.

Lee Sung Kyung and Lee Sung Kyung on set of About Time

As much as I love Sungkyung I don't think I could watch a 16 episode drama I had little interest in just because of her so props to you for continur watching @Libera.

I liked this week a lot, maybe next week will be different but I'll handle it then if that's the case. 

42 minutes ago, ladyid said:

As much as I love Sungkyung I don't think I could watch a 16 episode drama I had little interest in just because of her so props to you for continur watching @Libera.

I liked this week a lot, maybe next week will be different but I'll handle it then if that's the case. 

I still enjoy Lee Sung Kyung acting too much and i waited way too long for her new project to quit, i will just watch her scenes and skip the others, also she is so beautiful :wub: There is also SN scenes that i am fond of, the drama should have more of that and less of the stupid love square.

Still holding a little of hope that the writer will surprise me and get rid of the first love and crazy ex in the next couple of episodes, i noticed that in the Vlive Beth wasn't there, i hope that she won't be a main character anymore, but i doubt it.

Sf2apD5.jpg

IoAQ03C.jpg

VGNZ8Hv.jpg

Spoiler

FlmdDEG.jpg

Aacmudf.jpg

7LH8jge.jpg

i84i6mC.jpg

Z54QI60.jpg

eWbLGjS.jpg

2 hours ago, Libera said:

This scene made me lol

tumblr_pa085tEnU71rx0r81o3_540.gif

The first gif is sooo mr.bean. Doha assistant is always hilarious. Wonder ever his loyalty and sincerity towards doha will be change in the future and join beth's camp in the coming episodes. 

Maybe  me among the minority who prefer beth stay until the end of this drama. I like an antagonist character who is not dumb, clingy and annoying. Beth is one hell of character that can kill a person with just a smile. I cannot wait to see how mika survives from beth evil plan and how she fight back.

4 hours ago, sima158 said:

The first gif is sooo mr.bean. Doha assistant is always hilarious. Wonder ever his loyalty and sincerity towards doha will be change in the future and join beth's camp in the coming episodes. 

Maybe  me among the minority who prefer beth stay until the end of this drama. I like an antagonist character who is not dumb, clingy and annoying. Beth is one hell of character that can kill a person with just a smile. I cannot wait to see how mika survives from beth evil plan and how she fight back.

I guess Beth is a good character for who enjoys makjang dramas but i hate it and in this drama it doesn't make sense, the drama should be about the meaningful things in life and not makjiang.

What i hate about Beth characther:

- I  hate when they depicst female as rivals or evil,

- Beth is just written as a crazy psycho girlfriend that will do anything to have her favorite toy and enjoy hurting Mika,

- I hate when they write female that live only to have a man,

- I hate schemes and those stupid things unless is about politic or some mistery thriller but sure not in love

It looks like they finished filmed About Time or are almost finished with the last episode, glad to know this, Lee Sung Kyung can rest for about 1 month and then start filming Girl Cops, i also hope she will have some new photoshoot in the meantime

BTS from About Time with english subs

https://www.viki.com/videos/1133952v-behind-the-scenes-6-episode-3-4-filming

Video of Lee Sung Kyung and Lee Sang Yoon with some clips english subbed, they have great chemistry and have lots of fun together

4 hours ago, Libera said:

I guess Beth is a good character for who enjoys makjang dramas but i hate it and in this drama it doesn't make sense, the drama should be about the meaningful things in life and not makjiang.

What i hate about Beth characther:

- I  hate when they depicst female as rivals or evil,

- Beth is just written as a crazy psycho girlfriend that will do anything to have her favorite toy and enjoy hurting Mika,

- I hate when they write female that live only to have a man,

- I hate schemes and those stupid things unless is about politic or some mistery thriller but sure not in love

It looks like they finished filmed About Time or are almost finished with the last episode, glad to know this, Lee Sung Kyung can rest for about 1 month and then start filming Girl Cops, i also hope she will have some new photoshoot in the meantime

BTS from About Time with english subs

https://www.viki.com/videos/1133952v-behind-the-scenes-6-episode-3-4-filming

Video of Lee Sung Kyung and Lee Sang Yoon with some clips english subbed, they have great chemistry and have lots of fun together

I think about time is going into the route of makjang drama since it's already turned into melodramatic, main actress in dying stage becoz of running out time to live instead of terminal disease , main actor chronic anxiety disorder, smart and beautiful with brain but evil villain and maybe amnesia part is on the way. Not forgetting about the rich and poor living their daily routines according to their standard of living. Still I'm okay with this fantasy romance drama since it can be my escapade place after watching serious legal or action drama like miss hamurabi and skecth. Some of the romantic and sweet scenes between mika and doha just made my heart flutter. Since this drama plotstory is on the romance relationship between mika and doha in solving the mystery around mika lifespan clock ...I think 80% of the drama time frame will focus on that subject matter. Anything else is just a side story just like some garnishing to the foods presentation.

I do not think the writer will write mika as a weak character here. Live just for to have a man is just so harsh for me as a long time korean drama lovers. I' m not a feminist but I 'm still rooting for strong mentally and phisically fit lead female in any drama I watched so far.  I will stop watching this drama if the writer goes to make mika character is just a doormat and damsel in distress. That is why I said at my above post about 'love is not blind' to mika. Mika does not have to wait for doha . Let him setlle his problem himself first since mika herself is not so deep in loving him. Mika should focus on her future training musical actress with the cute director jae yu. At least if she died when the time's up....she will not regret her life.

New stills from today episode

Poor Mika and Lee Sung Kyung, the drama is going full makjang. Please just leave DH and live your life, he doesn't even stop your time anymore, he is all usless, he is basically only giving her trouble.

DfY0CPKVQAA2Egu.jpg

DfY0CqjUcAAcgdV.jpg

DfYzzJwUwAAotO6.jpg

Spoiler

DfYzzkWUYAAlgKX.jpg

Archived