[Drama 2017] Andante, 안단테

Chi Le

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DRAMA CASTING & NEWS

Death and coming of age in KBS youth drama Andante

pXfSSQa.jpg

[Whadduya know, we asked for more news writers, and the universe answered! There are always more stories than we have the time to cover, so we’re super thrilled to be able to bring you guys more news. Please help us welcome tipsymocha, who will be bringing us news updates on dramaland and anything else we throw at her. –girlfriday]

KBS has released the first two teasers for its upcoming youth drama Andante, in which EXO’s Kai (Choco Bank) stars as Lee Shi-kyung, a high school slacker and game addict who is forcibly transplanted to a new (and strange) school outside the city.

The first of the two teasers introduce Kai’s character, Shi-kyung, and judging by the small snippets we get, he’s shown as endearingly and realistically pathetic as many high school boys are wont to be. He pretends to be up late studying when his mom almost catches him playing computer games (come on, we’ve all been there), gets beat up by his younger sister, runs away from bullies instead of confronting them, and fakes his grades to his mom. That last stunt is apparently the last straw for her (played by veteran mom Jeon Mi-sun), and she decides to move the family to the sticks.

The second teaser picks up where the last left off, with Shi-kyung arriving at his new school, which is… weird, to say the least. He’s first greeted by a female student hanging from a tree “playing dead,” and apparently, students at this school… sleep in coffins? What? Are they vampires? I remember reading that this school is attached to a hospice center, but that’s just morbid.

Spoiler

It looks like Shi-kyung will have a little trouble adjusting (gee, I wonder why), but not without the help of Baek Chul-min (Solomon’s Perjury), the town golden boy, and Kim Jin-kyung (Yellow), a mysterious student who appears to be Shi-kyung’s love interest. A woman narrates offscreen: “This town is a place of death. You’ll find out soon enough, how much death lives here.” Ominous, for a youth drama.

I’m getting an Addams Family or a Hello, Franceska vibe from the show, especially in the last teaser, which is good, since I can always appreciate shows with dry, dark humor. These teasers feel a little low-rent, but I’m holding out hope that Andante will turn out to be a fun, light, coming-of-age drama, mostly because I want Baek Chul-min to succeed in everything he does (LOVE him).

KBS’s Andante has yet to secure a timeslot, but it will be entirely pre-produced and is expected to air later this year.

cr:: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/04/death-and-coming-of-age-in-kbs-youth-drama-andante/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

On September 19, KBS1’s upcoming Sunday drama “Andante” held a press conference.

EXO’s Kai, Kim Jin Kyung, Baek Chul Min, Lee Ye Hyun, and Park Ki Ho PD were in attendance.

201709191500541993_3.jpg201709191500541993_4.jpg

Spoiler

DKEQO8nUEAI2hNa.jpg:large

DKENnENUIAAwBjp.jpg:large

DKEOsSoUMAApYj4.jpg:large

Spoiler

DKEQPpKUQAEwOsM.jpg:largeDKEOrk_VYAA2mYB.jpg:large

FKXD7L22zjt0636414301593555843.jpg

201709194221421.jpg

Kai was asked about his different images on and off stage as well as his character in the drama. He answered, “Thank you for saying that I’m the sexiest idol on stage. I will continue to show my sexy side often. [My character] Si Kyung is really innocent and boyish. I’m very different above the stage and below the stage. I show a cool image on stage but I’m very different off stage. That’s why I liked fusing that part of me with Si Kyung for a different image.”

The singer-actor also talked about balancing filming for the drama with his EXO activities. Kai explained, “It was EXO’s vacation at the time. I gave up my vacation and worked hard filming. I made sure that it didn’t harm group activities.”

Meanwhile, “Andante” tells the story of a city boy (Kai) transferring to a school in a rural area and experiencing the true meaning of life and love. The first episode will air on September 24 at 10:10 a.m. KST.!  

cr  

Archived