♣ Park Hyung Sik 박형식 ♣ [Current Drama 2024] "Doctor Slump"

mysignisflower

20 hours ago, xscalsve said:

Those who have been long time PHS fans, is there anything that PHS relates to?

A symbol that he likes or associated with?

and if you know his favourite colour?

He used to say Dolphin represents him. When the ladies were selecting the necklace in Romantic and Idol, I knew the dolphin necklace belonged to him. But people change when they grow older so he might not think so now. 

Some website states blue though I had not seen any articles where he answered this question. I probably missed it. Would appreciate if anyone could find the source. He admitted recently that when he was promoting as a member of ZE:A, he didn't think about what were the things that he liked, so when he started acting and some actors asked him simple questions like his favourite colour, he was unable to answer them.

His own clothes are mostly black, blue, grey, white. He loves Adidas and mostly wear Adidas in the past. His fans keep buying Adidas for him so he has a huge collection. He still wears Adidas now but not as often as in the past. 

7603d32djw1ergd1xqbh5j20sg183tcf.jpg7603d32dgw1ekfb6vs90lj20p00irwin.jpg

Spoiler

7603d32dtw1eb1vd8tqrbj20dw0lbtbf.jpg6ffb61d5ly1ffjn7jky1aj20rs15oam8.jpg7603d32dtw1e2ir9sgr0pj.jpg

18 hours ago, anazs said:

thanks to our friend who shared "The Race", i was thinking of what type of car does he own? :D BMW? :tongue: is he a car guy? i bet he is :)

screenshots from "The Race"

The cars in the Racer or Celebrity Romance doesn't belong to him. He admitted owning a BMW in his Japan FM. Now that his father left the company, I wonder if he is still driving a BMW. 

So glad to see him in Siwan's movie premiere. But no pictures of them together. :( Miss seeing them in one picture. 

7603d32dgw1em65ja3x52j20hs0hsjtt.jpg

Siwan was asked about the bromance in his new movie and when asked in real life, does he has a close friendship that resembles the one in the movie. Siwan answered HS. He said he would call HS to his house ( they live near each other ) to have a drink or the two of them will go and sing at the KTV. SW said they have a lot in common and they often discuss their views on acting. HS has a lot of aegyo and is a person whom is very comfortable to be with. They can talk about anything and even if HS doesn't talk, he is still a very interesting dongsaeng. SW also mentioned he watched some clips of SWDBS. He said HS's acting skills improved and SW was very happy that the drama was a huge success. He was also happy that they both chose a good company. Love their friendship. :wub:

4 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

Technically, he was in a hit KBS drama--WHTMF.  He wasn't the "lead" per se, but that drama had several leads and he played one of the main roles.  It was a weekend drama that earned over 30% in ratings.  That helped him get the HS role, but he did take quite a break after HS.  Not sure what happened--if it was bad or poor management by Star Empire or what, but he took a break for a while, and then suddenly had a jam-packed schedule again--musical, Hwarang filming, SWDBS.  I read in one interview where he said that he is always happy to do variety programs but they hadn't been calling him for a while.

Quite honestly, I'm a little confused by his lack of greater popularity and opportunities.  Im Siwan just took off as an actor and has never really looked back.  It's like people all forget that he was an idol and he's doing dramas and movies.  Then there are those other alleged acting-dols who cannot act, and yet have gotten both drama and movie roles.  Sure, they are minor and small roles and it's not like they're receiving praise for their roles, but they are still getting them (or they did get them).  As much as I want to see PHS doing another drama (for purely selfish reasons), I really, really want him to get a good movie role because that will raise his star rating and earning power.

When he got casted for Hwarang, initial reports stated that filming was to start in Nov/Dec 2015. It kept getting postpone and they only started filming on March 31. He wasted a lot of time waiting for this drama. 

Siwan chose dramas and movies like Misaeng, The Attorney, A Melody to Remember, The Merciless and he was good in these roles. The Attorney and Misaeng definitely opened more opportunities for him. The public tends to see him as a serious actor because of these genres. Viewers always mentioned HS's performance in Sirius and said he has great potential and raw talent while others mentioned his limitation as an actor because he kept accepting chaebol roles. This shows that genres and roles are very important. 

HS used to say that he was still not in the position to choose whatever roles he wanted so I believe he did not have a lot of opportunities in the past. He wanted roles that focus on bromance and he wanted to act in movies, but there were no/not good enough offers. I hope that UAA is able to help him get a good movie role. I would prefer him to stay away from rom com for a while. Hope to see him tackle darker roles or action roles soon. His knows how to hold a gun and is good at shooting, he learnt Kendo, has Open Water Diver certification ( not sure if he has earned his advanced cert yet ), he drives very well, he can use a bow and arrow, he knows horse-riding, he is good at skiing, perfect person for action roles. :wub: 

• Like 9

@Amanda_HS  I would love to see him in action or some darker roles for next project and also i knew it that the car he was driving in CB was not his or else they would have blurred out the number but they did not so i conclude it was not his.

Just a question though when did he learn diving? Saw law of the jungle and he had a nose bleed because it was his first time? He must have learn it after?

Edited by sik1116
Added some words
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

I don't think he drives a BMW.  I believe there were some articles when The Racer first came out bc he was driving a BMW in that show and PHS had to clarify that yes, he was driving a BMW for the show, but it was not his own personal vehicle.  In Celebrity Bromance, you can see that he drives some sort of SUV, but the make is blurred out so I can't tell, but it doesn't look like a BMW to me.

@jechoi1sorry to cut your post..I think that's KIA Sorento during Celebrity Bromance ^_^ ..

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Killa92 said:

Anneyeong Chinggu :wink:

Hello!! :)

11 hours ago, Ahjussii Binnie said:

girls! this is for today's video on KBS e-Today w ENG SUB ^^ 

he get all the praise he deserves :heart:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iamcassandra said:

@jechoi1sorry to cut your post..I think that's KIA Sorento during Celebrity Bromance ^_^ ..

Yes it was kia and it was not his because the plate number was visible during broadcast and because of that i never did think that it was his.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Amanda_HS said:

HS used to say that he was still not in the position to choose whatever roles he wanted so I believe he did not have a lot of opportunities in the past. He wanted roles that focus on bromance and he wanted to act in movies, but there were no/not good enough offers. I hope that UAA is able to help him get a good movie role. I would prefer him to stay away from rom com for a while. Hope to see him tackle darker roles or action roles soon. His knows how to hold a gun and is good at shooting, he learnt Kendo, has Open Water Diver certification ( not sure if he has earned his advanced cert yet ), he drives very well, he can use a bow and arrow, he knows horse-riding, he is good at skiing, perfect person for action roles. :wub: 

@Amanda_HS, I'm sorry to cut your post...everything you said is very on point...

an excerpt from soompi news dated May 2,2017:

Even though he is full of aegyo in real life, Park Hyung Sik exhibits confidence in many of his roles. Don’t let his innocent puppy-dog eyes fool you; he can pull off any role he is given.

Hyung Sik may look like a flower boy, but his characters prove that they can look after themselves.

this one is from November 23, 2016 soompi news excerpt: 

This ZE:A charmer won me over in “Nine: 9 Times Time Travel,” where he was so raw and wounded I didn’t even recognize him. The role required so much depth, and so much mirroring of his older co-star Lee Jin Wook, that he could be mistaken for a veteran actor. He took on a similarly dark role in the mini-series “Sirius” that was a true challenge for any actor and absolutely nailed it. Comedy is also easily conquered as he provided comic relief in “Heirs.” We can’t wait to see him in “Hwarang.”

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, anazs said:

Hello!! :)

he get all the praise he deserves :heart:

He very much deserve it for all the hardwork he's done and there's more to come.

Hoping for phs to update his instagram just one photo please after that he can go back to rest again :D:tongue:

Off topic: why do i appear offline even when im online? This is the thing i dont understand..should i do something? Been checking but dont know where to find it.

• Like 2

good morning!! :blush:

thanks @jechoi1 @iamcassandra and @Amanda_HS for the clarification :) i tried to search but no news about his car

2 hours ago, Amanda_HS said:

at were the things that he liked, so when he started acting and some actors asked him simple questions like his favourite colour, he was unable to answer them.

i found this clip. he was back there, quiet, it took me like 5 sec to find him :D i guess he likes to respond to a more challenging question. he must have a lot on his mind back then -_-

@sik1116 yes we all hope so. but if there is none, hope to see his photoshoot teaser photos really soon!! :confounded: many actors said that they wanted to rest but actually they were doing cf, photoshoot, planning for next movie :tongue: LOL so my guess would be he's in the middle of selecting several offers. let's wait for a good news soon :)

you appears online on my side. didn't see you offline 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sik1116 said:

@Amanda_HS  I would love to see him in action or some darker roles for next project and also i knew it that the car he was driving in CB was not his or else they would have blurred out the number but they did not so i conclude it was not his.

Just a question though when did he learn diving? Saw law of the jungle and he had a nose bleed because it was his first time? He must have learn it after?

Not sure of the exact timing. But his article on Dec 2015, he mentioned he is into scuba diving and got the Open Water Diver certification. He said he wanted to challenge the advanced level soon.I am not sure if he has gotten his Advanced Open Water Diver qualification now.

He probably learnt it after High Society because right after Law of the Jungle, he has to prepare for High Society. He was on a diet and was busy working out before High Society so I don't think he had time to learn diving. 

Besides, his instagram photos of him learning scuba diving started in Sep 2015 

005XD96fjw1ew4afa8sg9j30hs0hsdi7.jpg

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, anazs said:

good morning!! :blush:

thanks @jechoi1 @iamcassandra and @Amanda_HS for the clarification :) i tried to search but no news about his car

i found this clip. he was back there, quiet, it took me like 5 sec to find him :D i guess he likes to respond to a more challenging question. he must have a lot on his mind back then -_-

I did watch this video too this one vid also that i dont like kh i dont know its the way he is treating him because he is not popular wayback.. i know its the crazy me talking :(

7 minutes ago, Amanda_HS said:

Not sure the exact timing. But his article on Dec 2015, he mentioned he is into scuba diving and got the Open Water Diver certification. He said he wanted to challenge the advanced level soon.I am not sure if he has gotten his Advanced Open Water Diver qualification now.

He probably learnt it after High Society because right after Law of the Jungle, he has to prepare for High Society. He was on a diet and was busy working out before High Society so I don't think he has time to learn diving. 

You are probably right it must have after hs.. have you got any idea where to buy his bazzaar mag issue? Will it be in english though? I'd like to have a copy :blush: excited for the photos.

He really seems to grow up being sheltered from the world that when he started learning how reality really is it become all challenge for him but the thing is whatever environment he is in he surely adapt quite fast without complain. He is too warm to everyone and does treat everyone politely even though some are not treating him nicely :(.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, sik1116 said:

He really seems to grow up being sheltered from the world that when he started learning how reality really is it become all challenge for him but the thing is whatever environment he is in he surely adapt quite fast without complain. He is too warm to everyone and does treat everyone politely even though some are not treating him nicely :(.

I always believe that self-esteem is a child's passport to a lifetime of mental health and social happiness..he must have a good upbringing,thanks to his parents/family for raising him well.. ^_^ 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, sik1116 said:

I did watch this video too this one vid also that i dont like kh i dont know its the way he is treating him because he is not popular wayback.. i know its the crazy me talking :(

haha i saw kh teased him when they talked about kiss. but my assumption is kh behaves like that to all of them. he called him bottle and others noodles, kimchi :lol: but he called siwan pancake and himself candy -_- hahah! as they grow older, and kh is in the military right now, he must have changed a lot :tongue: when i read this, i know despite he had teased him so much, they are best friend :)

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/04/why-is-hyungsik-afraid-to-go-visit-kwanghee-in-the-army

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ahjussii Binnie said:

girls! this is for today's video on KBS e-Today w ENG SUB ^^

Thank you for sharing... I agree with the KBS e-Today and something tells me that KBS might be approaching him for a certain drama now .. Hope he will get another daebak drama to add into his portfolio.

I think someone mentioned his favourite color, it's been speculated as blue, probably because he wore a lot of blue (and looks good) in HS. No official details of his favourite color but I notice in his earlier days, he seems to wear a lot of grey. He looks good in any color, anyway.

And our long time fans @lovephs101 , @Amanda_HS and others are here, may I ask which of the ZE:A album has the song "Run This Way"? I have been searching for it but all I got are the youtube videos of concert, never the whole non-concert version. I like this song, it has the feel..

• Like 6

I don't know if someone already posted this but this is when the cast members of Hwarang appeared on 2 days and 1 Night to promote their drama. After observing PHS in other group interviews, he seems quiet and not really an attention seeker even though he was the male lead of the drama:wink:

Any thoughts?

• Like 3

I watched some videos that his character is very giving won't fight with people just take when its his turn or when others are done hence I feel for interviews he also will not fight for attention.

There's an interview of Hwarang casts that Minho said of all the actors he like PHS the most because he is so trusting and caring.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ainee Etp said:

Thank you for sharing... I agree with the KBS e-Today and something tells me that KBS might be approaching him for a certain drama now .. Hope he will get another daebak drama to add into his portfolio.

I think someone mentioned his favourite color, it's been speculated as blue, probably because he wore a lot of blue (and looks good) in HS. No official details of his favourite color but I notice in his earlier days, he seems to wear a lot of grey. He looks good in any color, anyway.

And our long time fans @lovephs101 , @Amanda_HS and others are here, may I ask which of the ZE:A album has the song "Run This Way"? I have been searching for it but all I got are the youtube videos of concert, never the whole non-concert version. I like this song, it has the feel..

For some reason Run this way was not included in any of the album or singles they released :(.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, soso2094 said:

I don't know if someone already posted this but this is when the cast members of Hwarang appeared on 2 days and 1 Night to promote their drama. After observing PHS in other group interviews, he seems quiet and not really an attention seeker even though he was the male lead of the drama:wink:

Any thoughts?

He sometimes does but only when he is with ZE:A members during fan meeting or when they do fan signing events he acts bratty sometimes :joy: with his hyungs to get fans attention :D and the fans likes it too :joy: when his energy level is in 1001% i sometimes think is he on drugs ? :joy::D

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, lovephs101 said:

He sometimes does but only when he is with ZE:A members during fan meeting or when they do fan signing events he acts bratty sometimes :joy: with his hyungs to get fans attention :D and the fans likes it too :joy: when his energy level is in 1001% i sometimes think is he on drugs ? :joy::D

Lol, I never saw that:D

• Like 2