♣ Park Hyung Sik 박형식 ♣ [Current Drama 2024] "Doctor Slump"

mysignisflower

55 minutes ago, soso2094 said:

Speaking of that it would be interesting to see PHS with either Kim Yoo jung or Kim so-hyun. 

I don't know.. but they seem too young? :o The reason I didn't watch MDBC was because it was uncomfortable to see her kiss scene. Same for Kim So Hyun in Let's Fight Ghost. Not that I have problem with their acting, but it's their (age + age difference) with the male leads. It's okay if they are in their 20s but they are barely 18 this year. I will accept it too if their male leads are very young like them eg; Yeo Jin Goo, I can watch it as youth love drama.

Sigh... I just notice there are hardly any actress with good acting skill left, especially those around his age 90s (PBY is one of the good actresses). If he paired with Ha Ji Won, it will be the next highest age-difference-pairing after PSJ - Uhm Jung Hwa.:grimace:

OK, after seeing the matured Nam Ji Hyun in her upcoming new project, I am looking forward for another round of their pairing. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

I don't know.. but they seem too young? :o The reason I didn't watch MDBC was because it was uncomfortable to see her kiss scene. Same for Kim So Hyun in Let's Fight Ghost. Not that I have problem with their acting, but it's their (age + age difference) with the male leads. It's okay if they are in their 20s but they are barely 18 this year. I will accept it too if their male leads are very young like them eg; Yeo Jin Goo, I can watch it as youth love drama.

Sigh... I just notice there are hardly any actress with good acting skill left, especially those around his age 90s (PBY is one of the good actresses). If he paired with Ha Ji Won, it will be the next highest age-difference-pairing after PSJ - Uhm Jung Hwa.:grimace:

OK, after seeing the matured Nam Ji Hyun in her upcoming new project, I am looking forward for another round of their pairing. 

A big yes for another phs and njh pairing she so pretty with her new hair color and no bangs 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sik1116 said:

Guys please remove gifs and videos when you quote, soompi might close this thread i think its one of the rules here?

Oh did not know that, it's a good thing you told me.

50 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

Actually, I'm itching to see Yeo Jin Goo and KYJ together. They were paired a lot together as kids it would be really cool to see how they will play off of each other now.

You're right thinking about it there aren't many good actresses in their early 20's/30's that can be paired with PHS. He was already paired with two popular actresses in Hwarang and SWDBS but I can't think of anyone else who would suit him age wise? 

You do make a good point that nowadays many actresses from the 90's generations don't have that star power that older actresses like HJW, JJH, Lee Dae Ha etc. had in their prime.

I know it's a stretch to pair him with HJW but honestly, that woman looks ageless and she's an amazing actress. I think PHS would really benefit a lot of from acting with her and I've never come across a popular k-drama/film where there is a love story around an older woman younger man falling in love and struggling to make things work. I think that would be a breath of fresh air compared to all the other dramas that are currently being made.

Song-Hye-Kyo-Park-Hyung-Sik.jpg

Speaking of, what do you guys think of a pairing between PHS and SHK:tongue:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, soso2094 said:

Oh did not know that, it's a good thing you told me.

Actually, I'm itching to see Yeo Jin Goo and KYJ together. They were paired a lot together as kids it would be really cool to see how they will play off of each other now.

You're right thinking about it there aren't many good actresses in their early 20's/30's that can be paired with PHS. He was already paired with two popular actresses in Hwarang and SWDBS but I can't think of anyone else who would suit him age wise? 

You do make a good point that nowadays many actresses from the 90's generations don't have that star power that older actresses like HJW, JJH, Lee Dae Ha etc. had in their prime.

I know it's a stretch to pair him with HJW but honestly, that woman looks ageless and she's an amazing actress. I think PHS would really benefit a lot of from acting with her and I've never come across a popular k-drama/film where there is a love story around an older woman younger man falling in love and struggling to make things work. I think that would be a breath of fresh air compared to all the other dramas that are currently being made.

Speaking of, what do you guys think of a pairing between PHS and SHK:tongue:

SHK and PHS to remake endless love?? hahaha that was heavy drama that makes your heart hurt the entire time :( but they look good together im wishing they could do a cf together?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, sik1116 said:

SHK and PHS to remake endless love?? hahaha that was heavy drama that makes your heart hurt the entire time :( but they look good together im wishing they could do a cf together?

Honestly,  I feel like PHS shines best with a little bit of comedy. Seeing them together would be interesting because, in most of what I've seen of SHK, she's really reserved and quiet so I'm curious to see how they would interact.

I think PHS did state in an interview that he was interested in doing a melodrama and most of SHK work seems to be in that genre so why not?

• Like 3

SHK is beautiful but she s actually the reason I did not finish watching DOTS. (Ok, don't shoot me, peace). :wacko: I really liked her during the Full House time, but since then, I keep giving up watching her dramas, something about her acting. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, soso2094 said:

Why is it that there are talented young actors, but no actresses that fit PHS' age group?  You'd think it would be the opposite because of the males going to the military.  Or perhaps that's the reason why--the age-compatible actors are in the military so they pull younger actors.  Although, I don't think that's it either.  I honestly can't think of many actresses who have actual acting chops.  And perhaps some of that is because of this newish trend of pairing older actresses with younger actors--the younger actresses just don't have the opportunity to play more roles.

Actually, oh probably about 5-7 years back, it was the trend to have dramas about "cougar" pairings--older woman, younger man.  The only one that specifically comes to mind is Oh My Lady with Choi Siwon (of SuJu) and Chae Rim.  I watched it bc I was a fan of Chae Rim (bc of All About Eve) and how can you resist the pretty that was Choi Siwon back then.  Off topic, but it makes me wonder if PHS' looks will start changing too as he gets older.  Anyway, Oh My Lady is about an older woman and how she ends up getting together with a hot younger man.  Around the time of that drama, it was the trend to have these older woman-younger man plots.

For some reason, these days they are just pairing older actresses with younger actors, but the plot is that they are of equal age, or the guy is even maybe a year older.  For example, Moon Embracing the Sun, You From Another Star, Legend of the Blue Sea, The King 2 Hearts, etc.  I still don't understand why they do this bc I don't care how good the actress looks--I still know how old they are.  It was like Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher.  It didn't matter how good Demi looked at her age bc we all knew that she was still old enough to be his mom.

2 hours ago, Ainee Etp said:

SHK is beautiful but she s actually the reason I did not finish watching DOTS. (Ok, don't shoot me, peace). :wacko: I really liked her during the Full House time, but since then, I keep giving up watching her dramas, something about her acting. 

I'll protect you if there are any shooters. For some reason, I didn't like Full House.  Actually, I know the reason: I didn't like either Rain or SHK.  With Rain, it was an appearance thing--I think he (with his baby face) was miscast for that role.  With SHK, I think it was her acting--she was too green and I couldn't get over the clothes padding.  Bc I didn't like her in Full House, I didn't watch anything else that she was on.  When DoS came out, I just wasn't interested in watching it after realizing that it was her.  The age difference between her and SJK also bothered me.  They're actually not too apart in age, but she is older and bc she had been acting for so long, I presumed that she was even older.  And I remembered SJK from his Running Man days (soooo long ago) that I thought he was younger.

• Like 6

Okay, I just want to clear that PHS was not offered a role in ANSI city and it is just my wishful thinking.  It was PBG who was offered a role and he has not decided yet.   Fans of others esp PBG fans ( I am actually one) might misunderstand.  I just hope he will be casted, even with a minor role.  He may start in Chungmuro with minor roles, just like what Siwan did.  Also, we know PHS will do well, even with a minor role.  just want to see him showcase what he can do in those actions scenes and costumes...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, willowmyst said:

@soso2094These are great! Thank you.

Speaking of, dessert anyone??

http://dramafoxes.com/2017/03/19/park-hyung-sik-kiss-tiramisu-2017/

Found this link and its got some nice pics of PHS.

And look, he can pull off the manly, sexy, tough guy image in an action genre.

Cr as tagged

i just had breakfast and you're giving me dessert. thanks :rolleyes::D

this is why i couldn't wait to see him in action movie/drama. i saw this pic before and thought i would be good for him to do action genre :) 

• Like 2

Woke up to find this hate comment :angry: in Netizenbuzz translation of Sports Chosun. I don't know why some netizens like to drag his name out on other celebrity's news.

2. [+3,757, -290] Wow ㅋㅋ when male idols get into acting, everyone's like "our actor this", "our actor that", but a female idol who gets into acting is treated like a richard simmons ㅋㅋ such a different reaction compared to when Park Hyungshik or Im Siwan transferred to full time acting.

Source : http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.my/2017/05/sunhwa-tears-up-about-recognizing-idol.html

Luckily some comments defended him. It's not fair, as he started with cameos, minors and second lead roles. It's not like he got to be male lead straight away. It took him >5 years to get the lead role, so why hate him? :bawling:

• Like 2

Just now, Ainee Etp said:

Woke up to find this hate comment :angry: in Netizenbuzz translation of Sports Chosun. I don't know why some netizens like to drag his name out on other celebrity's news.

2. [+3,757, -290] Wow ㅋㅋ when male idols get into acting, everyone's like "our actor this", "our actor that", but a female idol who gets into acting is treated like a richard simmons ㅋㅋ such a different reaction compared to when Park Hyungshik or Im Siwan transferred to full time acting.

Source : http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.my/2017/05/sunhwa-tears-up-about-recognizing-idol.html

Luckily some comments defended him. It's not fair, as he started with cameos, minors and second lead roles. It's not like he got to be male lead straight away. It took him >5 years to get the lead role, so why hate him? :bawling:

wow..that's harsh :o i don't really know about female idol but the reason maybe:

1) they didn't choose good scripts

2) they are still new so people cannot put high expectation to them

3) they may have been in dramas industry for so many years but their acting are still bad :unsure: hhahhahaha :tongue:

i never watch siwan drama before, but looking at their comparison, they are indirectly agreeing that hyungsik and siwan are hot items now,which is good :)

if female idols work hard as him, i'm sure they will get recognition. SK industry is very big and competitive, so they gotta work hard and not depend on that 'female idol' title forever to get offer :D

i would say JEALOUS not hate hahahha :lol:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, anazs said:

wow..that's harsh :o i don't really know about female idol but the reason maybe:

1) they didn't choose good scripts

2) they are still new so people cannot put high expectation to them

3) they may have been in dramas industry for so many years but their acting are still bad :unsure: hhahhahaha :tongue:

i never watch siwan drama before, but looking at their comparison, they are indirectly agreeing that hyungsik and siwan are hot items now,which is good :)

if female idols work hard as him, i'm sure they will get recognition. SK industry is very big and competitive, so they gotta work hard and not depend on that 'female idol' title forever to get offer :D

i would say JEALOUS not hate hahahha :lol:

Definitely this.

I was going to leave comment that how many actor/actress actually shined even when they are in a badly written drama? PHS has the skill to rise from a messy drama. This is something not can be achieved with just ZE:A fandom alone. But forget it.. someone will probably try to justify their hate for PHS later and it will turn into a war in NB.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, anazs said:

morning! :) who is your first love? mine is (young) hot-tempered :D Cha Dal Bong and (mature) :wub: Sam Maek Jong

he's character in SWDBS is too cheesy for me LOL

:)

My first is the Hot King SMJ. He looked good top to toe, episode 1 to 20. And I can't complain about his acting in Hwarang. It turned me from "I don't know who is this" to "He's good." 

I did noticed him during the Nine days, and thought he was a child actor. Can't believe it took me another 3, 4 years to really notice him. ( I didn't watch any of his drama after Nine).

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

My first is the Hot King SMJ. He looked good top to toe, episode 1 to 20. And I can't complain about his acting in Hwarang. It turned me from "I don't know who is this" to "He's good." 

I did noticed him during the Nine days, and thought he was a child actor. Can't believe it took me another 3, 4 years to really notice him. ( I didn't watch any of his drama after Nine).

And @anazs

This. I keep going back just for his scenes :)

Cr as tagged

• Like 5