♣ Park Hyung Sik 박형식 ♣ [Current Drama 2024] "Doctor Slump"

mysignisflower

2 hours ago, nysya said:

Anybody has watch this.. he talked about how he really into ballad songs and hate dance songs

Funny part when ZE;A members teased him until his ears getting red..:D

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

Sorry.. digress a little..can't help but noticed he shaved/waxed his long legs.... :tongue: He's furry when he's at Bali. :D

But i think those was shoot first before bali i think its around January this year.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, lovephs101 said:

But i think those was shoot first before bali i think its around January this year.

He 're-grow' them after the shooting. Since Min Hyuk has no need to wear shorts in drama shooting.

6 hours ago, alluredmystery said:

Haha really? :tongue:. Haha I might have not noticed it 

I noticed when he s in his yellow 'swimsuit'. :lol:

• Like 4

5 hours ago, lovephs101 said:

I think if i rank all the drama roles PHS did i go with

1) Hwarang 2) WHTMF 3) Sirius 4) HS 5) SWDBS 6)Nine 7)Dummy mommy

reason why i put hwarang as number 1 because eventhough  his character was just 2 dimensional he manage to flesh the character that it makes you feel  his struggle and pain.

Mine would be: 1) WHTMF 2)Hwarang 3)Sirius 4)Nine:NTT 5)HS 6)SWDBS  .. ^_^ ..haven't watched Dummy Mommy yet, will watch it this weekend..

• Like 4

Delurking again :)

A lot has ranked PHS role and I noticed that Ann min hyuk character is not considered his best role.  

As for me, all his roles are so far acted nuancedly by him but if I will consider his best role, I will choose between Ahn Min Hyuk and his dual role in SIRIUS.  I am still amazed that the child actor that I admired years ago is the same person that I admire now.  CEO Ahn's character is actually difficult to play.  If it was another actor who doesn't have the acting chops to boot for, it will be a character mess up.  I only knew a few actors who can be natural in comedy and I am proud that PHS is one of those few.  I can actually compare him to Jo Jung Seok who is an all around actor.   IN COMEDY, I can see a lot of actors who are OA and exaggerating and do not have the proper timing but with PHS, HE IS ALL NATURAL.  His timing is palpable  too.  He aced all the microexpressions he did in the drama and he showed further improvement in acting.  Not to mention that SWDBS is his break out role to stardom, I know I will forever cherish his Ahn Min Hyuk role.  It is just a a pity that the drama itself just relied with the actors.  If not for his character and his chemistry with PBY, I will not finish watching SWDBS.  For the dual role in SIRIUS, I will forever be reminded that he showed his innate thespian prowess here, that even though he is still relatively new to acting, he showed sincerity and I was able to feel his character and relate to it.

The prettiest role for me is his King Jinheung.  He was so damn pretty there and he showed that he can do great in sageuk (which even seasoned actors have difficulty in this genre).  I will forever remember his crying scene with the queen.  That is the highlight of his role for me, that finale with the queen.  It is just a pity that his role was not fleshed out properly, but I am looking forward to a future sageuk drama wherein he is the lead role.  I know it will be daebak!

Family dramas are easy to watch, but a lot of actors are struggling here also and they are sometimes stiff and awkward but his CHA Dalbong's impersonation is commendable knowing that he has lots of long lines to deliver and he is one of the central characters there.  His crying scenes also wowed me and it cemented my love for him,  

He was also right when he said he has great chemistry with his coworkers.  From romantic idol, WHTMF, HWARANG, HS and SWDBS, it is 5 out of 5!   I think the reason why he has this oozing chemistry with coworkers is because when acts, he do it with sincerity that is why we, as viewers can easily feel what  he feels.

He is a promising actor and I am looking forward to see his future roles.  I hope he will be chanced upon a great project and wish he will make another drama soon.  

PS :   If I may add, I saw in an interview that he was casted in NINE because the director saw his acting in Sirius.  This just proves that a few years ago, he already displayed his talent in acting,  it is just now that he is beginning to be known by many... Isn't it great that his hard work has been paid off now :)

• Like 6

2 hours ago, sik1116 said:

Funny where the shippers get the idea that phs is inlove with pby? Sorry i did not mean to but i went to read there. Amh is inlove with dbs but not phs to pby.

Watching all videos i could find all i can say is phs is a chemistry magnet he can even have chemistry to a lollipop :tongue:

large.gif

I guess it's because they have great chemistry on the show compared to other character played by Ji-Soo. I kind of felt bad for the cop but PHS and PBY  gave a really good performance together.

You're right he has a lot of magnetism and screen presence and I'm really curious to see who he will be paired with next.

Any suggestions?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, sik1116 said:

I do agree that amh was difficult and it could come out as a mess if not for phs and its true that he has a comedic timing but for me after watching all the the drama he has done up until amh role i would say that amh was the combination of all the roles he has done. And everybody says he was the only flesh out character in swdbs i disagree with this because from the start to finish he was inlove with dbs and thats it good thing phs did so well with his microexpressions and honey gaze that nobody notice that amh was almost like 1d character.

But if i choose id go with his cha dalbong character it is because he was young and he was with veteran actors but he did will and hwarang will be next as thats where i knew him and fell for him that even before the drama end i was already anticipating for swdbs not because i like the story but because at last he is the main lead and he will get the girl.

Cha dal bong's character is the best in the sense that it has a satisfying growth overall  but if I will look at his ACTING, I would say it is between Ahn min hyuk and the dual role in Sirius.  In the former, he is already at ease in acting, very comfortable and very natural considering that the material is somewhat difficult to portray and he will for sure be stressed by the fact that he is the one leading it.  For the first leading role, he is highly commendable and applauded because he literally carried the show from start to finish.  No disrespect to PBY, she is a great actress and their chemistry is soooooo good but she is somewhat flat in the last episodes, maybe because she is tired alread.  But with PHS, he is consistent all throughout.  He owned the character.  The only person that can do the same thing in his role for me is JJS, no one else.  

With Sirius, he is just relatively new, but he portrays it well like a pro.  Who would have thought that it is his rookie years in acting....this was even before NINE and Heirs.

I forgot to mention how good he is in High Society...actually this show did good in terms of ratings.  Chang so is just a typical chaebol character, but look at how he made it layered with emotions with no overbearing acting on his part.  

Now, I just realized that almost all of PHS dramas are considered mediocre (except for SIRIUS, I totally love this mini drama but this is not a main role ), but even so, he still shined and proved that he has a lot to offer.

As for king jinheung,  -clap, clap, clap- him and the queen are the only actors there that I can say know how to act.  Well acted even with the show's shortcomings.  Can't get enough of him in a sageuk so I hope he will accept another sageuk.  

Now, we are caught up in this Hyungshikness we can't move on LOL

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, soadako said:

Cha dal bong's character is the best in the sense that it has a satisfying growth overall  but if I will look at his ACTING, I would say it is between Ahn min hyuk and the dual role in Sirius.  In the former, he is already at ease in acting, very comfortable and very natural considering that the material is somewhat difficult to portray and he will for sure be stressed by the fact that he is the one leading it.  For the first leading role, he is highly commendable and applauded because he literally carried the show from start to finish.  No disrespect to PBY, she is a great actress and their chemistry is soooooo good but she is somewhat flat in the last episodes, maybe because she is tired alread.  But with PHS, he is consistent all throughout.  He owned the character.  The only person that can do the same thing in his role for me is JJS, no one else.  

With Sirius, he is just relatively new, but he portrays it well like a pro.  Who would have thought that it is his rookie years in acting....this was even before NINE and Heirs.

I forgot to mention how good he is in High Society...actually this show did good in terms of ratings.  Chang so is just a typical chaebol character, but look at how he made it layered with emotions with no overbearing acting on his part.  

Now, I just realized that almost all of PHS dramas are considered mediocre (except for SIRIUS, I totally love this mini drama but this is not a main role ), but even so, he still shined and proved that he has a lot to offer.

Now, we are caught up in this Hyungshikness we can't move on LOL

Yes sirius made me feel unsatisfied as i did not expect he will only act as young version when i saw it was heartbroken coz i was still looking for him even if the character was grown up already.

WHTMF was the only solid drama phs had been in why because i watch it coz of him but ended up watching coz of the story so for me its telling that the story is good.

Funny though that other dramas he was in was a bit messy but still he manage to salvage his character that ended up getting praised with his acting. And now im proud even if its late as i only found out about him because of hwarang.

P.S lets give credit to PSJ too coz he did well acting wise its just so happens that i think not everyone fit to play in sageuk felt sorry for all those characters who was sabotage by their own writer.

• Like 2

@jechoi1  you have said it, he gave his all in AMH that is why I considered it his best Acted role.  But if I will have to rank the dramas he's been in, I would say:

1.  Sirius

2. WHTMF

3. High Society

4. Nine

5. SWDBS/hwarang

6. Heirs

I haven't seen dumb mama so I cannot rate it.  I recently watched all of those because of my curiosity in PHS, AND HE WON ME OVER with his acting.  An addition is he has a nice voice.  I even watched all his musical clips :)  

Ps: I am rewatching ep 14 HS, ep 43 of WHTMF, episode 20 of HWARANG just because of his crying scenes.  HE is so good at it so when I watched Hwarang, I am not surprised at all. 

Yes, I still rewatch SWDBS and use my friend FF button and just go to AMH SCENES, it is still a joy to watch, but the drama overall isn't really my cup of tea.  I could write a novel of my rant about the drama but I realize that it is still a joy to watch just for the sake of the couple and AMH,s character.  I do not normally do this, but PHS made me do it, to watch and rewatch a mediocre show just for the sake of seeing hIs ACTING. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Era Ferawati said:

1494018862_zpslf5d5zgs.gif

Sr.dc 

Hello everyone...new member here:lol:

Glad so many people come here,and @Ainee Etp always see unusual things:lol:

Welcome back to the thread. 

Phs is just soooo beautiful i could die.

@ainee etp is the perverest of all if there is that word haha just kidding.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sik1116 said:

Would you believe if i say that i have a hang up with go ara that i want them to work together as lead they really had a sizzling chemistry even if it was only coming from phs you could still feel it even with pby i feel the chemistry was 70 to 30 that said the 70 was from phs.

I cannot.  It would certainly be a lot of pretty, but after Hwarang, pretty alone just won't cut it for me.  Nothing against Go Ara, but I just don't think that her acting is up to par with PHS.  I want him acting with more experienced actors so that he can grow and so that the project will do well.  He gets to shine when he's working with less talented actors, but I really want him to have a hit project instead of just being the actor that survived a bad project.  He's doing well with his acting and he's popular, but I feel a small sense of the ZE:A curse--he's good and popular, but he hasn't quite exploded the way that others have, say for instance Kim Soo Hyun or Lee Minho or  Seo In Guk or even Park Bo Gum.  PHS is near the top, but he's not quite reigning in the top spot.  And I think part of it is because he hasn't been in a runaway hit project yet.  And I'm not trying to downplay his popularity or anything because I know that he's popular and he can't just go anywhere anymore without being stalked and recognized.  But I really want him to hit that top spot because it's true that he and ZE:A suffered so much and were desperate and kept trying and trying.

Anyway, that's why I don't want him in another project with Go Ara.  Her acting in Hwarang was really flat and one-dimensional.  I applaud her for being willing let go of her pretty as she did in her Reply drama, because if there is one thing I hate, it's pretty "actresses" who are "actresses" only because of their pretty and will never improve to become a real actress because they can't let go of their pretty.  I'm talking to you, Han GaIn!  So, I commend Go Ara for trying, but I don't think it's any big secret that SM talents can't act.  I heard she switched agencies so I wish her all the best and luck with her career.  But until she improves, I don't want her in another project with PHS.

I read that Jo Insung will be leading in a new sageuk movie.  I'm kinda thinking that may be a good project for PHS.  It's a movie, so that means a step up in his career.  Jo Insung is a good actor so PHS will be able to learn and also build his career network.  It's a sageuk and PHS is so pretty in sageuks.  It's also a wartime movie so it'll be an action drama, which PHS was looking for.  And with Jo Insung, it will probably do well at the box office, and if Jo Insung signed on for it, it must be a pretty decent script.  But honestly, I'll be happy to see whatever PHS' new project will be.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, jechoi1 said:

I cannot.  It would certainly be a lot of pretty, but after Hwarang, pretty alone just won't cut it for me.  Nothing against Go Ara, but I just don't think that her acting is up to par with PHS.  I want him acting with more experienced actors so that he can grow and so that the project will do well.  He gets to shine when he's working with less talented actors, but I really want him to have a hit project instead of just being the actor that survived a bad project.  He's doing well with his acting and he's popular, but I feel a small sense of the ZE:A curse--he's good and popular, but he hasn't quite exploded the way that others have, say for instance Kim Soo Hyun or Lee Minho or  Seo In Guk or even Park Bo Gum.  PHS is near the top, but he's not quite reigning in the top spot.  And I think part of it is because he hasn't been in a runaway hit project yet.  And I'm not trying to downplay his popularity or anything because I know that he's popular and he can't just go anywhere anymore without being stalked and recognized.  But I really want him to hit that top spot because it's true that he and ZE:A suffered so much and were desperate and kept trying and trying.

Anyway, that's why I don't want him in another project with Go Ara.  Her acting in Hwarang was really flat and one-dimensional.  I applaud her for being willing let go of her pretty as she did in her Reply drama, because if there is one thing I hate, it's pretty "actresses" who are "actresses" only because of their pretty and will never improve to become a real actress because they can't let go of their pretty.  I'm talking to you, Han GaIn!  So, I commend Go Ara for trying, but I don't think it's any big secret that SM talents can't act.  I heard she switched agencies so I wish her all the best and luck with her career.  But until she improves, I don't want her in another project with PHS.

I read that Jo Insung will be leading in a new sageuk movie.  I'm kinda thinking that may be a good project for PHS.  It's a movie, so that means a step up in his career.  Jo Insung is a good actor so PHS will be able to learn and also build his career network.  It's a sageuk and PHS is so pretty in sageuks.  It's also a wartime movie so it'll be an action drama, which PHS was looking for.  And with Jo Insung, it will probably do well at the box office, and if Jo Insung signed on for it, it must be a pretty decent script.  But honestly, I'll be happy to see whatever PHS' new project will be.

I will not put my hope up for that movie  everybody want PBG to be in it that i"m sure PHS would not get a chance and its sad.

SJK did not become SJK before enlistment so I'm still happy where PHS now compared to before. Not to be arrogant but I'm pretty sure PHS can hold his own acting with anyone. if you can act good with a messy script what more with a good and solid story?

• Like 7