♣ Park Hyung Sik 박형식 ♣ [Current Drama 2024] "Doctor Slump"

mysignisflower

12 minutes ago, jechoi1 said:

It's from 능력자들.  I guess it would translate to something like, "talented people" or "capable people" something like that.  He goes on and shows how he eats capsaicin.  Kim Gura is one of the MC, and his older brother from WHTMF (Yoon Park) also guests on it.  The clips that I saw weren't that interesting or anything.

I've mentioned this person's blog before, http://blog.naver.com/smilesam52 because it has a lot of gems in it.  Everything is in Korean, but you can pick up lots of little things just from viewing it.  It's organized in categories, so immediately under the link that says "pure elf PHS" are the following category links: Actor PHS, musical PHS, singer PHS, variety PHS, talk PHS, model PHS.  Then under those are: chemistry PHS, elf PHS, don't know what this one is, and mental PHS.  After that is: art PHS, interview PHS, and then I don't know the last one.

Pure elf you think its the same one with a yt channel? notice the elf must be a suju and phs fan :)

OMG his hwarang days its too many in that blog and PHS is just too beautiful :wub:

• Like 4

8 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

I watched SWDBS for PHS as well.  He caught my eye in Hwarang because he was so pretty and because of his voice.  I love his voice and it's such a contrast to his pretty image.  Anyway, he literally caught my eye.  I wasn't watching Hwarang, but my dad was and I happened to catch like a 3-minute scene and he caught my eye.  If I were to really analyze it, I think it may have been his voice that really caught my attention because pretty flower boys in sageuks seems to be the norm so I doubt that the prettiness alone would have pulled me in.  After all, although both of my parents (especially my mom) was madly watching Moonlight Drawn by Clouds, I really had no interest in watching it.

Anyway, so I started watching Hwarang, got caught in it despite the mess it became, and greatly anticipated SWDBS for PHS.  And while watching SWDBS, I liked it but I honestly find myself going back and rewatching Hwarang or WHTMF or even High Society rather than SWDBS.  It's almost as though I've become a bit averse to it.  Part of my aversion has to do with the fact that taking a break from it and looking back at it, I'm able to admit that I got caught up in the hype of what was a mediocre drama.  It could have been sooooo much more and yet it wasn't.  I also found the ending to be unsatisfying.  Even the character of Ahn MinHyuk was a little too much for me.  And, in terms of acting, I can't say that it was PHS' best work.  Why?  Because even though his character was the most developed, it didn't really allow for much range of acting.  It was almost like PHS was just being himself.  And then, for some reason, I got really turned off of PBY.  I'm pretty sure that started with the whole Bali trip and then the endless shipping going on in the SWDBS thread, and all the post interviews that focused on the ship and nothing else.  On the one hand, the drama was so superficial that there probably wasn't much else for the interviewers to ask. On the other hand, the drama should have been more and everyone else has already asked that question so find something else to ask.

PBY is, I think, someone who is probably very talented, but got stuck (twice) with bad agencies.  Something just isn't right with her image control and projection and I'm guessing that her agency just doesn't handle things very well.  On the other hand, there are things that she says in interviews (that are of course, skewed or probably lost in translation) and something about her behavior in the bts and post-interviews that just doesn't quite ring true to me.

Anyway, the reason I think that Hwarang and High Society are perhaps some of PHS' best works is that it allowed him to shine despite the fact that the dramas didn't do very well.  WHTMF probably allowed him to really grow as an actor and he had so many talented seniors that I think it really helped him grow.  And then I think that in Hwarang and High Society he showed off his growth.  Hwarang was so risky because other than Park Seo Joon, who else of the younger cast really has any acting chops?  Most were either new or had a reputation of not acting well.  Also, I think that when you put so many pretty boys in one drama, you're asking for criticism.  Despite this, so many people are here in this thread today because of Hwarang.  It's like what the female MC on Taxi said, " the drama may fail, but the actor/actress can survive."  High Society was another one where PHS stepped out of his known character and he shined, even taking the spotlight away from the main leads.  SWDBS was too much aegyo for me.  It was cute, but a little too much.  I liked how in High Society, his character would just throw in the aegyo at times.

i agree with you, his voice doesn't match his face LOL SWDBS is a rom-com drama and i think this genre as well as fantasy genre can be easily accepted by audience. i don't watch a lot of k-dramas and i always go for action drama (that is why i really want to see him in action drama/movie) hwarang is my first sageuk drama :D i watch because of him. you were right about the shipping. i ran away from that also <_<

7 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

Had to share this super cute vid of PHS giving fan service during or while waiting for filming for a variety program.  It's embedded in this blog so I can't just post the clip itself, but it's worth checking out because it looks like he's sitting at the table talking to someone, and then he turns around and gives his little aegyo to his fans.  There's another clip with audio on this same blog and you can hear the person taking the video fangirling over him.

http://blog.naver.com/smilesam52/220552717746

nice clips! i think he heard and turned to see with that cute face and he laughed! :D thank u! :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, soso2094 said:

dcfbbe5138d3c15c5d4a76b950c2abe329b23922

A little late here but just finished SWDBS and I thought PHS was amazing:wub: He seemed really different from Hwarang.

Hello! welcome :) if you back read, you'll find more links to his old dramas and shows :D

• Like 3

7 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

It's from 능력자들.  I guess it would translate to something like, "talented people" or "capable people" something like that.  He goes on and shows how he eats capsaicin.  Kim Gura is one of the MC, and his older brother from WHTMF (Yoon Park) also guests on it.  The clips that I saw weren't that interesting or anything.

I've mentioned this person's blog before, http://blog.naver.com/smilesam52 because it has a lot of gems in it.  Everything is in Korean, but you can pick up lots of little things just from viewing it.  It's organized in categories, so immediately under the link that says "pure elf PHS" are the following category links: Actor PHS, musical PHS, singer PHS, variety PHS, talk PHS, model PHS.  Then under those are: chemistry PHS, elf PHS, don't know what this one is, and mental PHS.  After that is: art PHS, interview PHS, and then I don't know the last one.

@jechoi1 Thank you! I'll have to check this blog. Appreciate the tips on how to navigate since I don't know the language.

6 hours ago, lovephs101 said:

Pure elf you think its the same one with a yt channel? notice the elf must be a suju and phs fan :)

OMG his hwarang days its too many in that blog and PHS is just too beautiful :wub:

Really? Can't wait to check this out!

Ooh, too bad soompii forums don't have a "save" button to save pages/posts I want to come back to! I didn't have much chance to visit today and I'm trying to catch up. Our forums have gotten busy. Yay!

• Like 4

I like PHS' interview here. We've said before how down to earth he seems and does not take himself too seriously. Meaning he can be cute and cheesy without feeling self conscious about it (at least that's how I see it from him). 

He looked like a teenager here when he's 23-24 yrs old already!

Cr as tagged

Edited by willowmyst
credit
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

I watched SWDBS for PHS as well.  He caught my eye in Hwarang because he was so pretty and because of his voice.  I love his voice and it's such a contrast to his pretty image.  Anyway, he literally caught my eye.  I wasn't watching Hwarang, but my dad was and I happened to catch like a 3-minute scene and he caught my eye.  If I were to really analyze it, I think it may have been his voice that really caught my attention because pretty flower boys in sageuks seems to be the norm so I doubt that the prettiness alone would have pulled me in.  After all, although both of my parents (especially my mom) was madly watching Moonlight Drawn by Clouds, I really had no interest in watching it.

Anyway, so I started watching Hwarang, got caught in it despite the mess it became, and greatly anticipated SWDBS for PHS.  And while watching SWDBS, I liked it but I honestly find myself going back and rewatching Hwarang or WHTMF or even High Society rather than SWDBS.  It's almost as though I've become a bit averse to it.  Part of my aversion has to do with the fact that taking a break from it and looking back at it, I'm able to admit that I got caught up in the hype of what was a mediocre drama.  It could have been sooooo much more and yet it wasn't.  I also found the ending to be unsatisfying.  Even the character of Ahn MinHyuk was a little too much for me.  And, in terms of acting, I can't say that it was PHS' best work.  Why?  Because even though his character was the most developed, it didn't really allow for much range of acting.  It was almost like PHS was just being himself.  And then, for some reason, I got really turned off of PBY.  I'm pretty sure that started with the whole Bali trip and then the endless shipping going on in the SWDBS thread, and all the post interviews that focused on the ship and nothing else.  On the one hand, the drama was so superficial that there probably wasn't much else for the interviewers to ask. On the other hand, the drama should have been more and everyone else has already asked that question so find something else to ask.

PBY is, I think, someone who is probably very talented, but got stuck (twice) with bad agencies.  Something just isn't right with her image control and projection and I'm guessing that her agency just doesn't handle things very well.  On the other hand, there are things that she says in interviews (that are of course, skewed or probably lost in translation) and something about her behavior in the bts and post-interviews that just doesn't quite ring true to me.

Anyway, the reason I think that Hwarang and High Society are perhaps some of PHS' best works is that it allowed him to shine despite the fact that the dramas didn't do very well.  WHTMF probably allowed him to really grow as an actor and he had so many talented seniors that I think it really helped him grow.  And then I think that in Hwarang and High Society he showed off his growth.  Hwarang was so risky because other than Park Seo Joon, who else of the younger cast really has any acting chops?  Most were either new or had a reputation of not acting well.  Also, I think that when you put so many pretty boys in one drama, you're asking for criticism.  Despite this, so many people are here in this thread today because of Hwarang.  It's like what the female MC on Taxi said, " the drama may fail, but the actor/actress can survive."  High Society was another one where PHS stepped out of his known character and he shined, even taking the spotlight away from the main leads.  SWDBS was too much aegyo for me.  It was cute, but a little too much.  I liked how in High Society, his character would just throw in the aegyo at times.

Like your comments here and i feel you..somehow it happened to me also..I choose to repeat Hwarang and High Society so far..and I think I appreciate SunWoo/King relationship after watched it a few times..since I now knew the whole story line...:D

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, aigo244 said:

I choose to repeat Hwarang and High Society so far..and I think I appreciate SunWoo/King relationship after watched it a few times..since I now knew the whole story line...:D

I am re-watching HS now... and despite watching it umpteenth times, I still smile silly at the sweet/funny scene between Chang Soo and Ji Yi, especially the Rude(Dog)-series characteristic she said about him. :lol:

27cb40fe6adb59190ef3a74b1fa13cbd.jpg

edb4d9851d596ee75ca93a8d86e55d35.jpg

• Like 5

Since I have been MIA around let me post this..

tumblr_opobddH08v1w8burto1_500.gif

Hello hi-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862508 wow 85 pages already.... tumblr_opob54c3px1w8burto1_250.gif 

(PS: this is definitely not me trying to post all the gifs of PHS..evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928)

I tried to do a wallpaper as soon as i finished my exams and here it is... hope you gals will like it..cheer2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286249

tumblr_opijlvgXa41vqlkb3o1_540.jpg

hello to all new members who joined this thread.. Welcome aboard..happy-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862507

have lots and lots to backread..

• Like 10

26 minutes ago, athena22 said:

Since I have been MIA around let me post this..

Hello hi-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862508 wow 85 pages already....

(PS: this is definitely not me trying to post all the gifs of PHS..evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928)

I tried to do a wallpaper as soon as i finished my exams and here it is... hope you gals will like it..cheer2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286249

hello to all new members who joined this thread.. Welcome aboard..happy-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862507

have lots and lots to backread..

He looks super hot with that wallpaper you did :) his gaze :wub:

• Like 5

I think if i rank all the drama roles PHS did i go with

1) Hwarang 2) WHTMF 3) Sirius 4) HS 5) SWDBS 6)Nine 7)Dummy mommy

reason why i put hwarang as number 1 because eventhough  his character was just 2 dimensional he manage to flesh the character that it makes you feel  his struggle and pain.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, lovephs101 said:

I think if i rank all the drama roles PHS did i go with

1) Hwarang 2) WHTMF 3) Sirius 4) HS 5) SWDBS 6)Nine 7)Dummy mommy

reason why i put hwarang as number 1 because eventhough  his character was just 2 dimensional he manage to flesh the character that it makes you feel  his struggle and pain.

at first, it's hard for me to choose between 1 and 2 because of different genre hehe..but i choose WHTMF because he was still young but his acting skill is superb :)

we can see the pain in his eyes, and it hurts :cry:

to re watch: 1) WHTMF 2)Hwarang 3) HS. in the middle of watching Nine and downloaded Sirius probably gonna finish before sunday hee :D

hahahah!!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, anazs said:

at first, it's hard for me to choose between 1 and 2 because of different genre hehe..but i choose WHTMF because he was still young but his acting skill is superb :)

we can see the pain in his eyes, and it hurts :cry:

to re watch: 1) WHTMF 2)Hwarang 3) HS. in the middle of watching Nine and downloaded Sirius probably gonna finish before sunday hee :D

hahahah!!

hahaha he is too cute...or should i say she???:tounge_wink: was torn between 1 and 2 also but hwarang won for me :)

• Like 2