♣ Park Hyung Sik 박형식 ♣ [Current Drama 2024] "Doctor Slump"

mysignisflower

Am I the only one here who's not worried about shipping? Kekeke!:D Seriously, I see these shipping business on a positive note. IMHO many shippers simply means that the actors were able to portray their roles well and that the viewers were convinced that they were really inlove even in RL. The only thing that I do not like about so much shipping is it sometimes create shipping wars between different OTP's. Praising others while putting others down is a big..tsktsk!  Shipping is fine but one should also know its boundaries.

Actors are human too and that they have the right to have crushes or to be inlove and I don't think that they would even consult their fans in choosing whom to love. Love is such a beautiful feeling and I would love PHS to find his true love whoever she is! Watta lucky girl!:wub:

PHS was bitten once when asked if he liked a certain girl and he promised to be careful not to be misunderstood in the future. I would like to believe that his answers to his IV's were all well thought of and he is aware that some of his answers might be taken out of context especially questions about his ideal girl. 

I believe that he really liked/loved PBY but I guess in the same manner as how we love him. We love him not because we want him for ourselves (maybe some for self-shippers hehehe ) but because we just adore him. As simple as that. If their closeness/friendship will progess in the future? Well no one can really tell. But as for me whoever it is as long as she makes him happy then its fine!:blush:

• Like 8

1 hour ago, lovephs said:

Same i rarely go to swdbs thread coz i might snap again like the last time someone called him fake and player in there.

I so missed him too huhu.. im just watching his youtube clips with zea to feel better. Lets group hug guys haha 

i may not know him as much as you. i'm a new fan :D but i honestly think that he is not that kind of person.

i watched some old vids of him and i can see that he is a very humble and nice young man. all i can say is

PHS_1.jpg

yes.. he is that transparent LOL:D  letssss *grouphug* ^_^

• Like 9

47 minutes ago, anazs said:

i may not know him as much as you. i'm a new fan :D but i honestly think that he is not that kind of person.

i watched some old vids of him and i can see that he is a very humble and nice young man. all i can say is

PHS_1.jpg

yes.. he is that transparent LOL:D  letssss *grouphug* ^_^

hahaha yeah let's borrow AMH phrase :heart:

2 hours ago, anazs said:

i just look out at instagram hehe..i know most of it will be talking about the shipping :D that's the prob when the ship does not sail. must be awkward for them.

he's a promising actor, i wish to see him in many dramas and movies for the next 10 years. it doesn't matter whether he has a gf or married, hope he will do well in the industry :)

p/s: currently watching WHTMF and i must say he's a great great actor! :wub: very good story line. gonna watch the heirs after this :D

This will be my first time watching a drama as long as WHTMF. Is it really worth watching?

His character in the Heirs is so cute and hilarious:lol:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, blissfullyblessed said:

Am I the only one here who's not worried about shipping? Kekeke!:D Seriously, I see these shipping business on a positive note. IMHO many shippers simply means that the actors were able to portray their roles well and that the viewers were convinced that they were really inlove even in RL. The only thing that I do not like about so much shipping is it sometimes create shipping wars between different OTP's. Praising others while putting others down is a big..tsktsk!  Shipping is fine but one should also know its boundaries.

Actors are human too and that they have the right to have crushes or to be inlove and I don't think that they would even consult their fans in choosing whom to love. Love is such a beautiful feeling and I would love PHS to find his true love whoever she is! Watta lucky girl!:wub:

PHS was bitten once when asked if he liked a certain girl and he promised to be careful not to be misunderstood in the future. I would like to believe that his answers to his IV's were all well thought of and he is aware that some of his answers might be taken out of context especially questions about his ideal girl. 

I believe that he really liked/loved PBY but I guess in the same manner as how we love him. We love him not because we want him for ourselves (maybe some for self-shippers hehehe ) but because we just adore him. As simple as that. If their closeness/friendship will progess in the future? Well no one can really tell. But as for me whoever it is as long as she makes him happy then its fine!:blush:

well, i'm not exactly worried about shipping. i ship the character, but not in real, for me, he really did a good job as AMH. but shippers wanted them to be a couple in RL and started creating rumors (which is wrong). they really investigate each scene and making up fanfic to satisfy their delulu mind (which creates rumors). you are right about the boundaries. shippers are scary really LOL. they can be harsh to others. 

actors were usually asked about who they want to act with in the future. when he mentioned one name and he got that opportunity to work with her, the shipping business will start :D i mean it's normal to tell the world who is your fav actors/actresses and that doesn't mean that he/she loves her/him and want to get married ^_^ they can easily be misunderstood even they speak honestly. 

u r right! i believe we all not self-shippers, we simply adore him hehee.. we just let him handle his personal matter on his own and will not interfere his private life. all i want is more dramas or movies asap heheee.. otherwise, we'll be stuck in here waiting for his next project :D

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, jenn96 said:

This will be my first time watching a drama as long as WHTMF. Is it really worth watching?

for me i would say it's worth it not because PHS is there but of course it counts lol..but the story itself will make you want to watch it.

hahaha yeah he was too funny in the heirs but he does not have a lot of screen time coz during that time he was busy with ZE:A's comeback promotion and the director decided to remove his supposed scenes.

1 minute ago, jenn96 said:

i would say yes! it's a very good dramas even though it has 53 eps LOL currently in eps51 (can't wait to finish honestly haha)

i skipped some parts (just like SWDBS :lol:) but his scenes are worth watching. he really portrays his character as the youngest in the family (stubborn etc) and last 10 eps we can see his outfits are all nice heheheeee (love to see him in jackets, he looked good :wub:)  

i'm gonna start the heirs early morning tomorrow (it's 11.30pm here -_-) can't wait to watch!!! 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, anazs said:

well, i'm not exactly worried about shipping. i ship the character, but not in real, for me, he really did a good job as AMH. but shippers wanted them to be a couple in RL and started creating rumors (which is wrong). they really investigate each scene and making up fanfic to satisfy their delulu mind (which creates rumors). you are right about the boundaries. shippers are scary really LOL. they can be harsh to others. 

actors were usually asked about who they want to act with in the future. when he mentioned one name and he got that opportunity to work with her, the shipping business will start :D i mean it's normal to tell the world who is your fav actors/actresses and that doesn't mean that he/she loves her/him and want to get married ^_^ they can easily be misunderstood even they speak honestly. 

u r right! i believe we all not self-shippers, we simply adore him hehee.. we just let him handle his personal matter on his own and will not interfere his private life. all i want is more dramas or movies asap heheee.. otherwise, we'll be stuck in here waiting for his next project :D

It's because i really think its Jisoo and PBY not PHS and PBY hahah or I'm just crazy? that's just my observation i don't want PHS to get bash when its not even his fault.

6 hours ago, lovephs said:

Am i the only one who is a bit worried with those shippers out there? It's lil scary that they put meaning in everything phs says on interviews..after watching all bts i can finally say that they are just friends and nothing else..that's why im worried for phs he got the fame and the haters as well.

I'm not too worried because shippers have been around for a long time and as you can see PHS (and his agency) knows how to deal with them.  Even when the articles try to skew things around, PHS knows how to just ride the wave until the ship sinks.  Again, say what you want about idols, but you certainly have to give them credit for knowing how to handle interviews and publicity and such.  From what I hear, Star Empire wasn't the best agency, and yet they still knew how to take care of their top stars.  I imagine that UAA will be doing an even better job.

I think if anyone should be worried, it would be PBY and her fans.  I think she earned some negative publicity for not showing her face in Bali.  I know that I felt that way because I don't think Bali was a vacation.  She's also giving a lot of interviews and comments about her insecurity, but I feel like that is more a ploy than PHS giving his fans fan service.  After all, what is PBY really supposed to say, that she thinks she's at the top of her acting game?  Only gag comedians get away with complimenting themselves.  So I personally find it disingenuous that she's stating in interviews that she doesn't know why she has this certain image, and all along she's perpetuating that same image in her interviews.  She's a talented actress, but I think she's had horrendous luck with agencies.  There was the lawsuit that she was involved in that took her out of the business for 2 years.  Then she signs up with a new agency and there was the whole Law of the Jungle fiasco.  I don't really follow her work so I don't know how she and her agency handled post-publicity after Oh My Ghostess, but it just doesn't seem that they are handling the post-publicity for SWDBS very well.  I wonder if after her first agency scandal she had difficulty finding another one and that's why she's with an agency that doesn't seem to take care of her.

6 hours ago, Ainee Etp said:

For the shipping, if they ended up together, I'll be happy for them. But every where I read (even articles from long established site) are talking about shipping them shipping them, it's creating awkwardness for the leads. Every words they said were being translated in many ways. If one day PHS really has a girlfriend who is not PBY, I bet many shippers are going to call him heartless man, playboy etc. The poor girl will get the hate too. :cry: E

It will be fine.  PHS will do another drama (or movie, I'm thinking with his move to UAA) and the public will start shipping him with someone else.  That'st the way that most of these ships sink, I believe.  Of course, some of them never seem to sink even after the actor or actress marries someone else.  Hence, why I believe some shippers are obsessive and a sasaeng fan in their own way.

2 hours ago, jenn96 said:

I think it's worth watching because the plot is actually pretty good.  I will warn you that you will be seeing a different side to PHS than what you saw in SWDBS or High Society.  In both SWDBS and High Society, he was a successful, rich, confident guy.  In WHTMF, he is a down-on-his-luck, college grad with no job prospects, who keeps messing up. Quite a few cringe-worthy moments.  Very different character, but his role was one of the viewers' favorites because the Dalbong-Seoul coupling was so cute.  It's a different cute from the Puppy Couple because it protrays young love in its essence.  The rest of the cast is also really superb (i.e., Kim Hyun Joon (who plays his older sister), the actor who plays his father, Yoon Park (who plays his older brother) and the plot isn't too ridiculous since it's a weekend drama and not a daily.  The cast for WHTMF also got to go on a reward vacation to Jeju Island so I'm not sure why one of PHS' recent interviews said that the Bali trip was his first one.  Perhaps he meant this is the first one that he felt he earned.  Anyway, WHTMF is definitely worth watching and you can watch all of them on youtube with KBS' official English subtitles.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, jechoi1 said:

I'm not too worried because shippers have been around for a long time and as you can see PHS (and his agency) knows how to deal with them.  Even when the articles try to skew things around, PHS knows how to just ride the wave until the ship sinks.  Again, say what you want about idols, but you certainly have to give them credit for knowing how to handle interviews and publicity and such.  From what I hear, Star Empire wasn't the best agency, and yet they still knew how to take care of their top stars.  I imagine that UAA will be doing an even better job.

I think if anyone should be worried, it would be PBY and her fans.  I think she earned some negative publicity for not showing her face in Bali.  I know that I felt that way because I don't think Bali was a vacation.  She's also giving a lot of interviews and comments about her insecurity, but I feel like that is more a ploy than PHS giving his fans fan service.  After all, what is PBY really supposed to say, that she thinks she's at the top of her acting game?  Only gag comedians get away with complimenting themselves.  So I personally find it disingenuous that she's stating in interviews that she doesn't know why she has this certain image, and all along she's perpetuating that same image in her interviews.  She's a talented actress, but I think she's had horrendous luck with agencies.  There was the lawsuit that she was involved in that took her out of the business for 2 years.  Then she signs up with a new agency and there was the whole Law of the Jungle fiasco.  I don't really follow her work so I don't know how she and her agency handled post-publicity after Oh My Ghostess, but it just doesn't seem that they are handling the post-publicity for SWDBS very well.  I wonder if after her first agency scandal she had difficulty finding another one and that's why she's with an agency that doesn't seem to take care of her.

It will be fine.  PHS will do another drama (or movie, I'm thinking with his move to UAA) and the public will start shipping him with someone else.  That'st the way that most of these ships sink, I believe.  Of course, some of them never seem to sink even after the actor or actress marries someone else.  Hence, why I believe some shippers are obsessive and a sasaeng fan in their own way.

I think it's worth watching because the plot is actually pretty good.  I will warn you that you will be seeing a different side to PHS than what you saw in SWDBS or High Society.  In both SWDBS and High Society, he was a successful, rich, confident guy.  In WHTMF, he is a down-on-his-luck, college grad with no job prospects, who keeps messing up. Quite a few cringe-worthy moments.  Very different character, but his role was one of the viewers' favorites because the Dalbong-Seoul coupling was so cute.  It's a different cute from the Puppy Couple because it protrays young love in its essence.  The rest of the cast is also really superb (i.e., Kim Hyun Joon (who plays his older sister), the actor who plays his father, Yoon Park (who plays his older brother) and the plot isn't too ridiculous since it's a weekend drama and not a daily.  The cast for WHTMF also got to go on a reward vacation to Jeju Island so I'm not sure why one of PHS' recent interviews said that the Bali trip was his first one.  Perhaps he meant this is the first one that he felt he earned.  Anyway, WHTMF is definitely worth watching and you can watch all of them on youtube with KBS' official English subtitles.

Nah SE was not that good in handling scandal really they just got lucky with these boys who were very professional apart from ze:a leader way back in 2014 when he was posting those msgs on sns.

PHS has no scandal but if you can call that scandal during high society when some reporters said he was rude then maybe but apart from that nothing else i can remember.

I'm just worried because he clearly said he does read online comments but then i guess you are right he trained being an idol he even experience being ridiculed live predebut so these things are nothing compared before.

I'm really hoping he will get a new project soon a movie maybe.

I think it was just some lost in translation about the first time being on reward vacation.

Always a lurker here in soompi and just pop out whenever I feel something to be said:

Prior do bong soon, I really do not know Park Hyungsik.  I just tuned in because Park Bo Young starred in it and  I have always loved her works! Am glad that I did because I Discovered PHS.  He is a revelation in Do Bong Soon. Then I searched about him, and was shocked that he was the one who played the young twins in Sirius.  I thought he is a child actor and was pleased with his performance there cause I see the raw talent he has in acting.  Didn't even know that he is an idol coz I am not familiar with his group cause I am only interested in JYJ especially Junsu.  

Started watching videos of him and I can see his potential in musicals.  I don't usually buy OSTS but for the first time, I bought all the 3 osts of PHS to show my support of him.  I hope with his new found fame, he will still be able to make musicals in between his schedule.    Musicals will help him become a greater actor just like Manzzang and JJS. He still needs improvement though especially acting in musicals is a taxing thing to do,  Looking forward to see him in a production like Les Miserables or Miss Saigon...

Looking forward to his future projects and hope it is a noir or a psychopath role.  Though all of you may have said that he is a method actor, I think he knows when to switch on and off his reel and real persona well.  

• Like 5

9 hours ago, anazs said:

Same here, i shipped the character Bong bong Min min. But i am not really shipping PHS with anyone. Just simply fans of him and adore him. I am happy with anyone that he likes :) 

more projects and more dramas please! In the mean time i will rewatch SWDBS lols

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, alluredmystery said:

Hi,

Is PHS in Hawaii now? Or will he be going there next week?

I think he will be going there after the singapore event.

1 hour ago, soadako said:

Always a lurker here in soompi and just pop out whenever I feel something to be said:

Prior do bong soon, I really do not know Park Hyungsik.  I just tuned in because Park Bo Young starred in it and  I have always loved her works! Am glad that I did because I Discovered PHS.  He is a revelation in Do Bong Soon. Then I searched about him, and was shocked that he was the one who played the young twins in Sirius.  I thought he is a child actor and was pleased with his performance there cause I see the raw talent he has in acting.  Didn't even know that he is an idol coz I am not familiar with his group cause I am only interested in JYJ especially Junsu.  

Started watching videos of him and I can see his potential in musicals.  I don't usually buy OSTS but for the first time, I bought all the 3 osts of PHS to show my support of him.  I hope with his new found fame, he will still be able to make musicals in between his schedule.    Musicals will help him become a greater actor just like Manzzang and JJS. He still needs improvement though especially acting in musicals is a taxing thing to do,  Looking forward to see him in a production like Les Miserables or Miss Saigon...

Looking forward to his future projects and hope it is a noir or a psychopath role.  Though all of you may have said that he is a method actor, I think he knows when to switch on and off his reel and real persona well.  

You are right am not worried also if ever he will take psychopath role because as i have always observe with him is that he is someone who will adapt to anything or to anyone depending on circumstances maybe instead of calling himself method actor a 4d is more accurate :) 

Yayyyy thank you for dropping in he surely earn lots of new fans since hwarang.

48 minutes ago, bobolovemomo said:

Same here, i shipped the character Bong bong Min min. But i am not really shipping PHS with anyone. Just simply fans of him and adore him. I am happy with anyone that he likes :) 

more projects and more dramas please! In the mean time i will rewatch SWDBS lols

Yeah bongbong and minmin forever :) 

When you said you will be happy with anyone he likes i suddenly missed 4 minute nam ji hyun PHS and her were cute in romantic and idol but he was so young then that i understand they will never date for real.

10 hours ago, lovephs said:

It's because i really think its Jisoo and PBY not PHS and PBY hahah or I'm just crazy? that's just my observation i don't want PHS to get bash when its not even his fault.

LOL u think so too? same here! because i think PBY and PHS is too comfortable with each other. Jisoo is too shy when they were together ^_^

1 hour ago, bobolovemomo said:

yup that is what shipping means. ship the characters! :) gonna start The Heirs today after finish my work :tongue:

• Like 4