♣ Park Hyung Sik 박형식 ♣ [Current Drama 2024] "Doctor Slump"

mysignisflower

The Hwarang thread was closed because of comments based on personal feelings revolving around couple pairings.  And I think that's part of the anger over at the SWDBS thread, as well.  Personally, I really don't understand the obsession (yes, obsession) that some fans and the Korean media in general have over couple pairings.  It's as though the Korean news media has nothing else to report about a drama or movie other than the pairing.  Shippers are born and start to go crazy.  One of my pet peeves on forums is where it's a drama thread and yet it gets inundated with comments like, "date in real life," "they must be dating," "they are so cute together,"...  Yes, they can be cute together, but shouldn't a drama be more than that?  Shouldn't the discussions on a drama forum (not a shippers forum or actor/actress forum) be more than that?  Isn't that why Soompi has specific forums?

I know what the previous poster means about the negative comments over in the SWDBS thread.  Personally, I think those negative comments came from PBY supporters who were upset that PBY didn't really show her face or anything.  And instead of just acknowledging that, they picked on PHS.  But like others have noted, PHS has always been friendly with his fans, especially when he knows to expect them.  I've seen glimpses of him on Real Men where he seems very awkward with his fans so perhaps he needs to kind of work himself up for it?  But, I also think that this reward vacation is really not so much a vacation and more of a publicity wrap-up obligation so to me, it's only natural that PHS will be giving his usual fan service to his fans and the public in general.  I love how in one of the photos, he is completely bare-faced and his hair isn't done and he looks like such a little boy.

Lastly, I've started to have more respect for idols these days.  Before, they were like a joke to me, but the more I watch interviews and how actors and actresses behave, I've realized how much work the idols actually put into their overall image.  I think that may be one of my favorite parts of PHS's interview where he talks about how he lived as a machine as an idol.  You see these idols appear on variety shows and think that they're just good in front of the camera, but then you realize that there's a lot of work that goes into it.  They're asked to show a talent and they do it without fussing that they can't, they're asked to sing on the spot and they do, sometimes they even endure snide comments by the MC or other guests.  His interview highlighted the difficulties of idol life that I think the public tends to forget or overlook.  I've certainly been guilty of doing that.  I'm sure that all of the cast from SWDBS were tired, and yet you see PHS still doing his round of smiles and waving and taking pictures and I think some of the credit for that goes to the idol training that he had.  In addition to just being a nice guy.  Not meaning to take away from him being a nice guy because I really do think that his ability to be so fan-friendly is a combination of his personality, work ethic, and training.

• Like 10

@jechoi1 I totally agree with you. Some fans are just expecting the idols to be like a GOd, need to be perfect all the time. They totally forget that idols are just a human too, with emotions and feelings. People just see what they want to see. And they are like finding a little mistake all the time. When they got ur little mistake, they will make it big and shoot at you. Suddenly they just forgot all the hard work and efforts the idols have put in so far.

The title idols and celebrities come with a very high price tag i must say. During interview, they have to endure all those "bad paparazzi", even if you are being asked a difficult or mean questions, they cant even get mad. They still need to put on a smile. What a tough life i must say. Yet not everybody respect them fully. 

Hopefully PHS will continue to receive a lots of love and full support from his fans. Please haters be gone and stay away from PHS :) 

• Like 8

What people don't seem to understand is that actors are human and have their own different personalities. They are NOT the character that they portray in dramaland or chungmoro. Digressing a bit here so bear with me...PBY is a reserved person who has gone through a lot of hardships to get where she is. She herself questions as to why she is considered full of aegyo and sees her nickname Bovely as somewhat burdensome. She seems like a true introvert who needs to recharge and have her alone time. 

On the other hand Park Hyung-sik too has had his own fair share of hardships - called a psycho in his previous agency, practising alone with no friends, barely noticed in ZE:A. Nothing came easy for him. He had to start from the bottom rung to get where he is now. All through sheer perseverence and hardwork. He handles that fame differently. From all the BTS scenes he seems like a naturally 4D personality who has no problem being affectionate. There are instances where he goes out of his way to be nice to fans and people in general - calling back fans who couldn't take his autograph, putting his arm around that airport staff member. This is his natural personality.The only time he stops doing that is when he is in character as he is a method actor. His idol training just complemented his true personality. No amount of training could make a person like that. It's sad that people think of him as an idol package who is just nice to fans because he has to, which is definitely not the case. 

I guess most fans wanted PBY to act similarly to her aegyo personality - which she didn't and it was pretty jarring to see PHS being his friendly self. Hence the comparisons and the idol training comments. Personally I feel that both actors' approaches should be respected for what they are without putting them in their own fanmade box which is quite burdensome. Lets hope that PHS doesn't let this get to him and stays his true friendly self. 

P.S I can't wait to see him in a psychopath role. Hopefully UAA can get a movie role for him where he plays a killer or an emotional manipulator.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, oatshin said:

P.S I can't wait to see him in a psychopath role. Hopefully UAA can get a movie role for him where he plays a killer or an emotional manipulator.

Sorry to cut your post short..
Agree with you. I'm glad that he started as an idol. At least for me, I can watch his video since his debut and observe his personality..hahaha:D For future projects, I hope he plays tough guy also, he said in an interview he wants to try role for macho man as well. Need to have fit physical for that! 

Anyway, I'm so happy today! Just noticed my local TV channel got The Racer ep1-8 with subtitle.I guess my level of bored-ness will slightly reduce (pretending to learn about cars while focus on PHS cuteness:lol:)

• Like 5

13 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

The Hwarang thread was closed because of comments based on personal feelings revolving around couple pairings.  And I think that's part of the anger over at the SWDBS thread, as well.  Personally, I really don't understand the obsession (yes, obsession) that some fans and the Korean media in general have over couple pairings.  It's as though the Korean news media has nothing else to report about a drama or movie other than the pairing.  Shippers are born and start to go crazy.  One of my pet peeves on forums is where it's a drama thread and yet it gets inundated with comments like, "date in real life," "they must be dating," "they are so cute together,"...  Yes, they can be cute together, but shouldn't a drama be more than that?  Shouldn't the discussions on a drama forum (not a shippers forum or actor/actress forum) be more than that?  Isn't that why Soompi has specific forums?

I know what the previous poster means about the negative comments over in the SWDBS thread.  Personally, I think those negative comments came from PBY supporters who were upset that PBY didn't really show her face or anything.  And instead of just acknowledging that, they picked on PHS.  But like others have noted, PHS has always been friendly with his fans, especially when he knows to expect them.  I've seen glimpses of him on Real Men where he seems very awkward with his fans so perhaps he needs to kind of work himself up for it?  But, I also think that this reward vacation is really not so much a vacation and more of a publicity wrap-up obligation so to me, it's only natural that PHS will be giving his usual fan service to his fans and the public in general.  I love how in one of the photos, he is completely bare-faced and his hair isn't done and he looks like such a little boy.

Lastly, I've started to have more respect for idols these days.  Before, they were like a joke to me, but the more I watch interviews and how actors and actresses behave, I've realized how much work the idols actually put into their overall image.  I think that may be one of my favorite parts of PHS's interview where he talks about how he lived as a machine as an idol.  You see these idols appear on variety shows and think that they're just good in front of the camera, but then you realize that there's a lot of work that goes into it.  They're asked to show a talent and they do it without fussing that they can't, they're asked to sing on the spot and they do, sometimes they even endure snide comments by the MC or other guests.  His interview highlighted the difficulties of idol life that I think the public tends to forget or overlook.  I've certainly been guilty of doing that.  I'm sure that all of the cast from SWDBS were tired, and yet you see PHS still doing his round of smiles and waving and taking pictures and I think some of the credit for that goes to the idol training that he had.  In addition to just being a nice guy.  Not meaning to take away from him being a nice guy because I really do think that his ability to be so fan-friendly is a combination of his personality, work ethic, and training.

agreed with you on this... precisely what i had in mind...:D 

hope that this success is the start ... hoping for the best ...

• Like 5

On 4/23/2017 at 9:33 PM, blissfullyblessed said:

Hi everyone! Popping up again. There are people who thinks that PHS is being nice because of his celebrity status but I beg to disagree. We may not know him personally but I always believe that no matter how good of an actor you are you really can't act every single time. I have seen many of his videos and I believe that he doesn't sugarcoat just for the sake of pleasing everyone. He's been so straightforward but in a nice way and that is what I love about him. let's just ignore those negative comments. We can't please everyone just like PHS can't  please everyone. We are here to show our love and support for PHS. Love begets love and hate begets hate. Let us just spread the love that we have for our cutie patootie! :blush:

i will agree with you. based from past interview, variety shows, music stages.... PHS has been well-known for his always being nice.. in one of the many interview... on of his members told everyone that even since knowing PHS.. he never once got into any fight with anyone... he is and always have been nice... 

PHS needs our support... and before commenting negatively.... try to think first... 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, blueroses87 said:

I love ripped jeans. I have 5 pairs!!!

if you can see some of PHS' earlier videos... he has always been partial to ripped jeans... 

@Era Ferawati thanks for the many, many photos.... this will certainly add to my ever growing PHS folder...and just as @ferily wrote... we loved him in his blue/teal (?) shirt...:D

• Like 6

On 4/23/2017 at 2:32 PM, iamcassandra said:

I'm actually quite furious because some people are writing comments on the other thread stating Park Hyung Sik is trying to be nice and smiling at the airport last night or even during his stay in Bali because he has to...because he is just starting to get known...aarrrgghhhhh :(:(:( ...BUT being all smiling, bubbly and energetic is so him..that's exactly who Park Hyung Sik is..that's what his co-stars, friends, senior actors, fellow ZE:A members say about him...he is NOT faking it or just staging such attitude...even during his musical days, he would stop and get out of the van to thank the fans for their undying support and concerned when the weather is cold...reading those just put me in a bad mood..

don't mind them... they are just jealous... because PHS has been around for almost 8 years and they are just starting to notice him... unlike us...or me.. knew him way back when he was doing Sirius... knows that him being nice is not just a front... but his personality.. inborn... if you see someone writing something negative... just skip to the next one... :D

• Like 8

15 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

I really love your comment....I agree with you...PHS as Idol Actor and he success...It really hard to be Idol Actor coz they always being judge by fellow actor/actress especially to senior..am so glad that PHS is loved by his senior...AHM team really love him...am so glad that PHS still smiling and waving to his fans...once he saw his fans he just smiling...he really in good mood...at least his smile and fan services can heal the fans who waiting for hours at airport...Bali vacation is more like fan service..if they really wanna be private they shouldnt announce.

Am really love PHS how humble he is...aaaaaaaaaa..... PHS and his ZE:A member have gone hard time and now am so glad he at his peak now...am waiting for his next project anxiously...how it gonna hit again...

9 hours ago, mai5116 said:

I'm not using iPhone but it's also available on Spotify for Android users :)

I already buy using sportify all his OST...:wub:

Edit: People who think PHS smile is Fake are blind..did they look at his eyes...eyes can never lies....gosh...

Omo..omo...his new CF with YAI...am so dead....:astonished:

• Like 6

hello! i share your sentiment guys. i do not understand this shipping thingy. i find it funny LOL they are actors and they have their own private life. if they are really dating then it is fine. if they do not want it to be exposed, then just wait for the announcement. and this Dispatch people :D do not want to say more about them. i know they have been eyeing a couple for quite sometimes wanting to catch them hehe.. but i think we (fans and dispatch) should leave all the actors/idols alone. in my country, yes the fans are shipping but we don't have dispatch (who is following actors around to catch them) LOL this business is totally funny :D

however, i do understand delulu fans :tongue: and they have the right to ship however they want. they just have to go to the right place. join the shipper thread and get your daily dose. about that "get married already" etc etc quotes from fans, i honestly laugh at those coz saying that sounds immature hehee..(yes, i am a realistic human and i talk based on facts, no announcement from couple means they just want to keep it low and we just assume no relationship) 

i also think that usually (not all) shippers are one-sided. they don't honestly like to see them together. because they are angry with the actor fans, they wanted to see that actor being caught dating with the co-actor LOL the thread is full of hatred, harsh comments about the fans, blaming other people who do not ship, make a report to forums/ig (yes, they actually went that far) 

but, for this case PHS and PBY, for all news and interviews, i can see that they are being honest when answering. so why all the assumptions and rumors? just leave them alone and as fans, we should just focus on their career. rumors can destroy their career -_-

and that's the reason why i'm here. SWDBS thread has some shipping posts that i need to scroll fast whenever i came across them hehe.. hence i move here :D 

sorry no offence if there are any shippers here reading my post. just hope this thread is clean and positive :)

on a different note, i miss this face :wub:

phs1.jpg

and after that kissing scene, his lips will never look the same again to me. too hot to handle :wub:

phs2.jpg

• Like 7

Am i the only one who is a bit worried with those shippers out there? It's lil scary that they put meaning in everything phs says on interviews..after watching all bts i can finally say that they are just friends and nothing else..that's why im worried for phs he got the fame and the haters as well.

I like this article. It focused on talking about PHS being an actor instead of cashing in on pairing/shipping. He does have wish to take on dark role like psychopath. But as a method kind of actor. who immerse himself into his role, I think it might be a bit dangerous. Think Heath Ledger. 

For the shipping, if they ended up together, I'll be happy for them. But every where I read (even articles from long established site) are talking about shipping them shipping them, it's creating awkwardness for the leads. Every words they said were being translated in many ways. If one day PHS really has a girlfriend who is not PBY, I bet many shippers are going to call him heartless man, playboy etc. The poor girl will get the hate too. :cry: E

http://www.inquisitr.com/4169363/whats-next-for-park-hyung-sik/

WHAT’S NEXT FOR PARK HYUNG SIK? HALLYU ACTOR’S JOURNEY BEFORE AND AFTER ‘STRONG WOMAN DO BONG SOON’

Park Hyung Sik’s well-deserved time in the limelight has finally come. After the successful run of Strong Woman Do Bong Soon, which hit 9.8 percent in viewership ratings on its final episode, Hyung-sik is ready for more challenges in his acting career. As a former member of ZE:A, the Hallyu heartthrob has shed his idol image and is now embracing his new role as a versatile actor.

Credit and rest of the article is at http://www.inquisitr.com/4169363/whats-next-for-park-hyung-sik/

• Like 5

1 hour ago, anazs said:

hello! i share your sentiment guys. i do not understand this shipping thingy. i find it funny LOL they are actors and they have their own private life. if they are really dating then it is fine. if they do not want it to be exposed, then just wait for the announcement. and this Dispatch people :D do not want to say more about them. i know they have been eyeing a couple for quite sometimes wanting to catch them hehe.. but i think we (fans and dispatch) should leave all the actors/idols alone. in my country, yes the fans are shipping but we don't have dispatch (who is following actors around to catch them) LOL this business is totally funny :D

however, i do understand delulu fans :tongue: and they have the right to ship however they want. they just have to go to the right place. join the shipper thread and get your daily dose. about that "get married already" etc etc quotes from fans, i honestly laugh at those coz saying that sounds immature hehee..(yes, i am a realistic human and i talk based on facts, no announcement from couple means they just want to keep it low and we just assume no relationship) 

i also think that usually (not all) shippers are one-sided. they don't honestly like to see them together. because they are angry with the actor fans, they wanted to see that actor being caught dating with the co-actor LOL the thread is full of hatred, harsh comments about the fans, blaming other people who do not ship, make a report to forums/ig (yes, they actually went that far) 

but, for this case PHS and PBY, for all news and interviews, i can see that they are being honest when answering. so why all the assumptions and rumors? just leave them alone and as fans, we should just focus on their career. rumors can destroy their career -_-

and that's the reason why i'm here. SWDBS thread has some shipping posts that i need to scroll fast whenever i came across them hehe.. hence i move here :D 

sorry no offence if there are any shippers here reading my post. just hope this thread is clean and positive :)

phs1.jpg

and after that kissing scene, his lips will never look the same again to me. too hot to handle :wub:

phs2.jpg

Same i rarely go to swdbs thread coz i might snap again like the last time someone called him fake and player in there.

I so missed him too huhu.. im just watching his youtube clips with zea to feel better. Lets group hug guys haha 

43 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

I like this article. It focused on talking about PHS being an actor instead of cashing in on pairing/shipping. He does have wish to take on dark role like psychopath. But as a method kind of actor. who immerse himself into his role, I think it might be a bit dangerous. Think Heath Ledger. 

For the shipping, if they ended up together, I'll be happy for them. But every where I read (even articles from long established site) are talking about shipping them shipping them, it's creating awkwardness for the leads. Every words they said were being translated in many ways. If one day PHS really has a girlfriend who is not PBY, I bet many shippers are going to call him heartless man, playboy etc. The poor girl will get the hate too. 

Thats why i said im worried for him but hope they would notice that pby is not into phs not the other way around so they should never blame him for anything thats to come.

Sorry i cut your post.

2 hours ago, anazs said:

phs1.jpg

phs2.jpg

PHS playing piano killed me haha..been following him for so long but this is the first time he did this.

When I search for #parkhyngsik most of the tweet talk about PHS x PBY shipping....gosh...am so scare what gonna happen if they dont end up together....PHS career as actor are just started to blossom....I want him established as actor.....am sure that his priority too...but i really dont mind if he have a gf...I just support him...

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, shirunsaadon said:

When I search for #parkhyngsik most of the tweet talk about PHS x PBY shipping....gosh...am so scare what gonna happen if they dont end up together....PHS career as actor are just started to blossom....I want him established as actor.....am sure that his priority too...but i really dont mind if he have a gf...I just support him...

i just look out at instagram hehe..i know most of it will be talking about the shipping :D that's the prob when the ship does not sail. must be awkward for them.

he's a promising actor, i wish to see him in many dramas and movies for the next 10 years. it doesn't matter whether he has a gf or married, hope he will do well in the industry :)

p/s: currently watching WHTMF and i must say he's a great great actor! :wub: very good story line. gonna watch the heirs after this :D

• Like 5