♣ Park Hyung Sik 박형식 ♣ [Current Drama 2024] "Doctor Slump"

mysignisflower

*** Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Nee, who are the same age, candidly opened up about their first impressions of each other in ELLE Korea magazine interview.  He shared, “So Nee looked a bit haughty at first. But that didn’t last long. I found new sides of her every time we read the lines. Most importantly, we quickly became good friends as we shared our worries.”  While she said, “Hyung Sik is the same from the start to the end in a good way. I thought he was friendly and polite, and he looked like he’d get his job done, and he’s the same even now. There were moments when I disappeared into the performance thanks to Hyung Sik’s reaction in an unexpected scene. The first day I experienced it, I texted him thank you.”  PHS said -  “I remember. After the scene ended, she suddenly told me, ‘Hyung Sik, that was amazing just now.’ I’ve never seen an actor who was so honest, so it surprised me. But I felt the

same thing, actually.”    :shaq:

e912685f-644b-4329-a51d-80a7da697159.jpg

202301260929462248109_20230126092956_01_

source : https://entertain.naver.com/photo/read?cid=846241&oid=112&aid=0003611721

6 K-Dramas To Premiere This February 2023: ‘Island 2,’ ‘Call It Love,’ More

The love month is finally approaching, and there are more romantic K-dramas that viewers should anticipate this February 2023. 

If January offered various series such as "Crash Course in Romance," "Payback," and "Kokdu: Season of Deity, the whole of February will be filled with another set of exciting dramas. From Kim Nam Gil's "Island 2" to Lee Sung Kyung's "Call It Love," here are the six Korean contents to premiere next month.

'Our Blooming Youth'

Returning to primetime this 2023 is Park Hyung Sik who will immerse himself in the character of Crown Prince Lee Hwan that falls in love with an intelligent woman, Min Jae Yi (Jeon So Nee), who's framed for the murder of her family. This historical romance series will meet the audience starting February 6 on tvN. 

'Our Blooming Youth' Poster

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : kdramastars

• Like 1

*** On January 26th Inyeon Entertainment confirmed that Jo Jae-ryong will appear in "Our Blooming Youth". There he will play the role of Jo Won-oh, a court transcriber. He was part of the drama "Law School" starring Kim Bum and "Voice 4" starring Song Seung Hoon.  He was also part of the movie "Emergency Declaration" starring Im Si Wan & Lee Byung Hun. He will also part of the Netflix series "Gyeongseong Creature" starring Park Seo Joon although there's no known details about his character.   :kaching3:

1 hour ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Tvn OurBloomingYouth released preview for episode 1 which will be broadcast on 6th February (Mon)

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. Time flies so fast, we will be facing another month again after a few days. You know what it means - this series is soon to land on our small screen.   :Fist1:

324542873_678740384003600_37350674434372

• Like 1

*** A lot seems to take place in the first episode of "Our Blooming Youth", which kicks off February 6. tvN dropped the trailer a week early and it looks… eventful. It will be my 1st time to see Jeon So Ni's acting and I find her face sweet. Since she's not an A-lister, I figure Park Hyung Sik will have to carry most part of the drama on his shoulders. 

:Woah:

Watch: Rumors Swirl Around Park Hyung Sik And Jeon So Nee While They Grow Suspicious Of One Another In “Our Blooming Youth” Preview

Watch: Rumors Swirl Around Park Hyung Sik And Jeon So Nee While They Grow Suspicious Of One Another In “Our Blooming Youth” Preview

Our Blooming Youth” has shared a peek at its premiere episode!

tvN’s upcoming historical drama “Our Blooming Youth” tells the story of a prince suffering from a mysterious curse and a genius woman who is accused of murdering her family members. Their romance develops through the process of the man saving the woman from her false accusation and the woman saving the man from his curse. Park Hyung Sik stars as Crown Prince Lee Hwan, and Jeon So Nee stars as the genius woman named Min Jae Yi.

The new teaser for Episode 1 previews all the rumors and suspicions surrounding the Crown Prince and Min Jae Yi. While Lee Hwan proceeds with his day as normal, the people around him gossip that he’s unable to use his right arm due to a ghost’s curse. It doesn’t stop there, as others believe he killed his older brother in order to become the Crown Prince. However, there appears to be some basis to certain rumors as Lee Hwan struggles to use his trembling right arm.

Lee Hwan isn’t the only target of baseless rumors, as Min Jae Yi is accused of murdering her family even though she sees them die right in front of her. Desperate to prove herself innocent, Min Jae Yi calls out, “I swear on my life,” but she’s unable to stop the armed men who come after her.

Matters grow worse for Min Jae Yi when she crosses paths with Lee Hwan who states, “Murderer Min Jae Yi shot an arrow at the Crown Prince.” Although he narrowly misses getting hit by the arrow, the incident leaves the Crown Prince anxious and unable to sleep at night. Min Jae Yi is left in a similarly stressful situation as she’s chased to the edge of a cliff. How will these two escape such precarious situations?

Near the end of the teaser, Min Jae Yi confidently states, “I’m positive that the deaths of my family are connected to the Crown Prince.” With Lee Hwan suspicious of Min Jae Yi and Min Jae Yi confident that the Crown Prince holds answers regarding the death of her family, the clip ends with a tense moment of eye contact between the mysteriously connected characters.

Catch the full teaser here!

“Our Blooming Youth” premieres on February 6 at 8:50 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1564770wpp/watch-rumors-swirl-around-park-hyung-sik-and-jeon-so-nee-while-they-grow-suspicious-of-one-another-in-our-blooming-youth-preview

“Our Blooming Youth” Director Dishes On Park Hyung Sik And Jeon So Nee’s New Mystery Romance Drama

“Our Blooming Youth” Director Dishes On Park Hyung Sik And Jeon So Nee’s New Mystery Romance Drama

Director Lee Jong Jae has shared his thoughts on his upcoming tvN drama “Our Blooming Youth”!

“Our Blooming Youth” will tell the love story of Lee Hwan, a crown prince suffering from a mysterious curse, and Min Jae Yi, a genius woman falsely accused of murdering her family. Park Hyung Sik will star as Lee Hwan, the prince who must clear Min Jae Yi’s name, while Jeon So Nee will play Min Jae Yi, the gifted woman who will remove Lee Hwan’s curse.

Lee Jong Jae, who previously directed the hit drama “100 Days My Prince,” remarked, “I fell for the charms of the historical genre after ‘100 Days My Prince,’ and I’d wanted to try taking on a new historical drama if the opportunity arose. Just then, this drama called ‘Our Blooming Youth’ caught my eye, and I was drawn to the charming way it did a great job mixing the mystery and crime-solving elements with romance.”

Park-Hyung-Sik.jpeg

As for what he focused on most while filming “Our Blooming Youth,” Lee Jong Jae recalled, “I paid attention to ensuring the mystery-solving journey would be easy to approach and understand, and in terms of the romance, I focused on capturing the emotions of each character.”

The director also revealed, “I wanted the drama to be visually beautiful, so we went around filming the drama in lots of different locations.”

“Rather than just pretty backgrounds, I focused on finding background settings that matched the emotions of each situation,” he went on to explain. “From action and chase scenes to romantic scenes, I put a lot of hard work into choosing locations that could bring the vibe and feeling of each scene to life.”

Jeon-So-Nee.jpeg

Finally, when asked what viewers should look out for in the upcoming drama, Lee Jong Jae replied, “Between Lee Hwan being cursed by a ghost and Min Jae Yi facing the death of her family, they share a fateful meeting and embark on a mystery-solving journey. I hope that you’ll enjoy watching their entertaining journey, as well as the friendship and love of the young men and women who grow within that journey. I hope you’ll also look forward to the great acting of the older cast members.”

“Our Blooming Youth” premieres on February 6 at 8:50 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1565038wpp/our-blooming-youth-director-dishes-on-park-hyung-sik-and-jeon-so-nees-new-mystery-romance-drama

13 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Director Lee Jong Jae has shared his thoughts on his upcoming tvN drama “Our Blooming Youth”!

“Our Blooming Youth” will tell the love story of Lee Hwan, a crown prince suffering from a mysterious curse, and Min Jae Yi, a genius woman falsely accused of murdering her family. Park Hyung Sik will star as Lee Hwan, the prince who must clear Min Jae Yi’s name, while Jeon So Nee will play Min Jae Yi, the gifted woman who will remove Lee Hwan’s curse.

Lee Jong Jae, who previously directed the hit drama “100 Days My Prince,” remarked, “I fell for the charms of the historical genre after ‘100 Days My Prince,’ and I’d wanted to try taking on a new historical drama if the opportunity arose. Just then, this drama called ‘Our Blooming Youth’ caught my eye, and I was drawn to the charming way it did a great job mixing the mystery and crime-solving elements with romance.”

As for what he focused on most while filming “Our Blooming Youth,” Lee Jong Jae recalled, “I paid attention to ensuring the mystery-solving journey would be easy to approach and understand, and in terms of the romance, I focused on capturing the emotions of each character.”

The director also revealed, “I wanted the drama to be visually beautiful, so we went around filming the drama in lots of different locations.”

“Rather than just pretty backgrounds, I focused on finding background settings that matched the emotions of each situation,” he went on to explain. “From action and chase scenes to romantic scenes, I put a lot of hard work into choosing locations that could bring the vibe and feeling of each scene to life.”

Finally, when asked what viewers should look out for in the upcoming drama, Lee Jong Jae replied, “Between Lee Hwan being cursed by a ghost and Min Jae Yi facing the death of her family, they share a fateful meeting and embark on a mystery-solving journey. I hope that you’ll enjoy watching their entertaining journey, as well as the friendship and love of the young men and women who grow within that journey. I hope you’ll also look forward to the great acting of the older cast members.”

“Our Blooming Youth” premieres on February 6 at 8:50 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1565038wpp/our-blooming-youth-director-dishes-on-park-hyung-sik-and-jeon-so-nees-new-mystery-romance-drama

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. In an online press conference held yesterday, February 1st, PHS confirmed that the upcoming drama would have a twenty episode production run. The specific context of his comment was, that over twenty episodes, his character would show many different dimensions.  :Fist1:

Written/confirmed by William Schwartz

• Blob 1

*** "Our Blooming Youth" looks as if it falls into the category of dramas such as The Moon Embracing The Sun, Love In The Moonlight, River Where The Moon Rises, etc. I enjoyed these dramas because of my other biases, too. Anyway, this could turn out decent since it is by tvN. It premieres February 6. :blush:

*** "Our Blooming Youth" marks Park Hyung Sik’s first historical drama since the drama "Hwarang." This was also a historical drama but, he has never worn a crown prince’s robe before. It is his first time wearing it and it looks good on him. In this drama, he is an innocent, honest kid with much love for others, but having experienced many events, he ended up becoming someone who doesn’t trust anybody. The drama was originally a drama based on a popular Chinese web novel. However, with the cancellation of Josen Exorcist due to the controversy over distortion of history, it changed its production into an original series, but the gist of the story is the same. So there might be still potential for a controversy to surface, but there was no mention of it during the press conference.   :Megathanks:

20230201145843578lgrz.jpg

From Start-Up to Goblin: Here's a list of 25 Best Romantic Korean Dramas of All Time

Best romantic Korean dramas to binge watch this year

While romance has always been a popular genre when it came to TV shows, people’s love for romantic dramas reached another level when the Hallyu wave acquainted them with Korean romantic dramas. Korean dramas are loved and admired by the world for their directorial and visual finesse. K-dramas cover a wide range of shows but their romantic ones have a separate fan base. 

Goblin’, ‘Descendants of The Sun’, ‘W: Two Worlds’, ‘Pinocchio’, ‘Crash Landing On You’ are some of the many Korean romantic dramas that were able to amass a massive viewership during the course of their broadcast. Their receptive popularity however was not limited to the time of their airing but in fact, went beyond that. These shows are shared favorites for a huge portion of K-drama fans. 

The rising popularity of Korean dramas can be attributed to a myriad of various factors besides their production merit.

K-dramas are accessible. They can be enjoyed via a variety of streaming platforms and have subtitles. When it comes to watching shows, subtitles facilitate the broadening of a horizon. Subtitles prevent language from becoming a barrier between any one who appreciates or is looking to explore any artform in a foreign language. 

Happiness

Picture Courtesy: Asianwiki

Created by: Gil Ho An 

Cast: Han Hyo Joo as Yoon Sae Bom, Park Hyung Sik as Jung Yi Hyun

Genre: Romance, Coming-of-age story

‘Happiness’, a 2021 release, is a thriller romance that unfolds in a building that has been infected with an unknown virus.

Yoon Sae Bom (Han Hyo Joo) and Jung Yi Hyun (Park Hyung Sik) move into their new apartment that is housed in a building that has been recently built and is the talk of the town. Yoon Sae Bom looks at the apartment as an opportunity to finally live a life better suited to her aspirations. However, things soon go south when the building gets infected by an unknown virus. Hysteria and distrust take over the residents as they navigate their way out at this time of absolute ambiguity.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/from-start-up-to-goblin-heres-a-list-of-25-best-romantic-korean-dramas-of-all-time-1207969

• Like 1

7 New K-dramas releasing in February 2023: Our Blooming Youth, Island Part 2, Taxi Driver 2 and more

Here’s your February K-drama watchlist filled with a lot of romance, drama and fun starring Park Hyung Sik- Jeon So Nee, Cha Eun Woo, Lee Je Hoon and more.

1345448453_feb-2023-kdramas_1280*720.jpg

January 2023 presented us with a lot of supreme content that was met with a positive response from viewers. Shows like ‘Crash Course in Romance’ are gathering more viewership ratings each week while shows like ‘Can We Be Strangers?’ are earning varied reactions. February 2023 presents many promising new K-dramas that are expected to blow up to fame and here’s your list to keep a tab. 

Our Blooming Youth

Premiere Date: February 6

Cast: Park Hyung Sik, Jeon So Nee

Plot: Min Jae Yi (Jeon So Nee) belongs to a noble family and has planned her life ahead, learning everything about being a good wife and daughter-in-law but life throws curveballs at her as her family members are murdered just days before her wedding. Crown Prince Lee Hwan (Park Hyung Sik) suffers from a mysterious curse that no one but Min Jae Yi can cure and so ensues their love story.

Genre: Romance, Saeguk (period drama)

No. of Episodes: 20

Where to watch: TVING, tvN

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/7-new-k-dramas-releasing-in-february-2023-our-blooming-youth-island-part-2-taxi-driver-2-and-more-1207909

• Like 1