♣ Park Hyung Sik 박형식 ♣ [Current Drama 2024] "Doctor Slump"

mysignisflower

17 Best Romance Historical K-Dramas To Have On Your Watchlist (2022 Update)

4. "Hwarang"

17 Best Romance Historical K-Dramas To Have On Your Watchlist (2022 Update)

KBS

When: 2016-2017

Cast: Park SeoJun, Go Ara, Park HyungSik, SHINee's MinHo, BTS's V

Summary: The regent of the Kingdom of Silla is hiding her son. She also creates a new elite name Hwarang - a group of young people. Inside the trained Hwarang, her son (the future king) and a commoner have a secret.

For: Viewers looking for a cute and light historical drama with handsome and funny male leads.

Why watch?: It is easy to watch for all the public. The plot is cute and fresh. Moreover, it might be a nice first step into Korean historical dramas for those unfamiliar with Korean history.

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source https://www.kpopmap.com/10-best-romance-historical-kdramas-to-have-on-your-watchlist/

• Like 1

Best Korean Dramas of 2022

2022-korean-dramas.jpg?w=640&h=416

2022 is quickly coming to a close, so that means it’s time to reflect on the Korean dramas of this past year. There were still tons of dramas to choose from, and it seems impossible to get in all of the dramas we would like to. Luckily, I made my choices and came out with a mostly good crop of dramas as well as a few gems.

It’s been another great year chatting dramas with all of you, and I’m so glad to have this wonderful community to be a part of!

Time for list! It includes all of the dramas that I watched which aired and concluded their runs in 2022. We will be counting down my favorite dramas from least to most favorite. There were lots of dramas in that okay to good range this year along with several that I really loved. Full reviews are available for all of them.

As always, this is completely my opinion on these dramas, and it does not reflect Korean or international ratings or the popularity of any particular drama among fans. Stick around for the grand total of how many new and old dramas I watched at the end of the article.

11. Soundtrack #1

Soundtrack #1 Korean Drama - Park Hyung Sik and Han So Hee

Soundtrack #1 is a short 4 episode drama that was a decent watch. It’s very basic as we get a straightforward friends-to-lovers story. The drama has a sort of melancholy tone but is pretty light overall. It also has a more realistic, slice of life feel to it.

Both Sun Woo and Eun Soo begin to explore their feelings for each other and what their relationship means too them.

We didn’t have as much time as I would have liked to go really deep with the characters, but overall, the drama did well with the time it had, and it was a sweet little romance.

My Rating: 6.5/10 (Soundtrack #1 Review)

source : https://kdramakisses.com/2022/12/20/best-korean-dramas-of-2022/#more-49796

• Like 1

*** A major Chinese TV network is expected to air Korean dramas next year, (2023) set to join other streaming platforms that have opened their doors to Korean entertainment content after a years long cultural freeze. The nationwide satellite TV based in China's Hefei and Anhui province was one of main broadcasters that had aired popular Korean dramas before Beijing placed a tacit ban on them in 2016 amid a diplomatic row over Seoul's deployment of American missile system. This month, several popular Korean drama series, including "Strong Girl Bong Soon," became available on iQIYI, China's leading

video platform.   :rubchin:

source : Yonhap News

ejkim@yna.co.kr

10 K-Dramas With The Most Popular OSTs Of 2022

The biggest K-Pop singers featured in the OSTs.

Using the global data from its site, Genius Korea ranked the soundtracks from the most popular Korean dramas. Here are the top ten OSTs that viewers fell in love with after watching the shows.

10. Soundtrack #1

With songs from NCT‘s Doyoung, Davichi, and Super Junior‘s Kyuhyun, Soundtrack #1‘s OST pleased viewers.

9Lwv9Vl7t_rdYnfum3dJHoN0c1BARTGYb_J4OIIL

See the full list of all the K-Drama soundtracks that became popular among viewers.

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Like 1

Park Hyung Sik And Jeon So Nee Confirmed To Star In New Historical Drama

Park Hyung Sik And Jeon So Nee Confirmed To Star In New Historical Drama

It’s finally official—Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Nee will be starring in a new drama together!

Last year, it was reported that the two actors were in talks for the drama together. On December 27, tvN’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Youth Monthly Talk” (literal title), which was previously also known as “Youth, Climb the Barrier” and “The Golden Hairpin,” confirmed that Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Nee will be leading the drama together and also announced its February premiere.

“Youth Monthly Talk” is about a prince suffering from a mysterious curse and a genius woman who is accused of murdering her family members. Their romance develops through the process of the man saving the woman from her false accusation and the woman saving the man from his curse.

Park Hyung Sik will play the lonely Crown Prince Lee Hwan. Beneath his prickly and arrogant personality as well as his ill-tempered and capricious nature, he hides a deep wound. Having previously impressed in “Happiness,” “Juror 8,” “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon,” “Hwarang,” and more, viewers are already anticipating Park Hyung Sik’s portrayal of Lee Hwan.

Jeon So Nee will be playing the genius Min Jae Yi who chases after the truth after being falsely charged of murdering her family. Min Jae Yi is the daughter of a prestigious family, but she becomes a wanted woman after being falsely accused. Jeon So Nee previously captivated viewers in “Encounter,” “Scripting Your Destiny,” “When My Love Blooms,” and more, making viewers curious for her portrayal of the tough Min Jae Yi who tries to solve her problems on her own.

The production team shared, “Park Hyung Sik and Jeon Seo Nee’s energy and chemistry will make each of their character’s charms shine as well as their relationship. Please show lots of interest in the story of two youth who try to overcome [their issues] in their own way and do not conform to the fate they have been given.”

“Youth Monthly Talk” will premiere on February 6, 2023 at 8:50 p.m. KST. Stay tuned for more updates!

Park Hyung Sik And Jeon So Nee Confirmed To Star In New Historical Drama | Soompi

8 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

tvN now confirms "Youth, Climb the Barrier" to premiere on 6 February! Starring ParkHyungsik and JeonSonee, the historical romance tells story about a prince with a curse & a woman accused of murder helping each other and fall in love

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. I hope they will show their chemistry in this drama. :surprisedwut:

Park Hyung Sik Is Shrouded In Mystery In Poster For Upcoming Drama “Our Blooming Youth”

Park Hyung Sik Is Shrouded In Mystery In Poster For Upcoming Drama “Our Blooming Youth”

The first official poster for Park Hyung Sik’s newest drama is out!

“Our Blooming Youth” (previously known as “Youth Monthly Talk”) tells the story of a prince suffering from a mysterious curse and a genius woman who is accused of murdering her family members. Their romance develops through the process of the man saving the woman from her false accusation and the woman saving the man from his curse. “Our Blooming Youth” stars Park Hyung Sik as Crown Prince Lee Hwan and Jeon So Nee as a genius woman named Min Jae Yi.

The newest poster features Park Hyung Sik who is shrouded in mystery as he takes on the role of Crown Prince Lee Hwan. The crown prince stands alone in a dusty library, appearing to shine even amidst the suffocating darkness, suffering from an unknown curse.

There is confusion written across his face as he stands at the center of so many mysteries. Why was he given such a curse? Who is the true criminal? Given how much remains without an answer, it’s incredibly hard for the crown prince to trust anyone, an emotion that is well captured in the phrase, “Who must I trust, and who must I be suspicious of?” written at the bottom of the poster.

In front of the prince stands two bookshelves that have parted to let in a bright light that cuts through the darkness, almost acting as a beacon leading Lee Hwan toward the truth. Where will it lead him, and what will Lee Hwan discover?

park-hyung-sik.jpeg

“Our Blooming Youth” will premiere on February 6, 2023 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

Park Hyung Sik Is Shrouded In Mystery In Poster For Upcoming Drama “Our Blooming Youth” | Soompi

4 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

tvN shares photos from script reading session of OurBloomingYouth with ParkHyungsik JeonSonee PyoYejin YunJongseok and LeeTaeseon. Tells story of a cursed prince & a woman who is accused of murder, it will air 1st ep on 6 Feb

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. Park Hyung Sik has been in quite a number of exciting productions with high-profile co-stars in the last couple of years. He is currently reviewing an offer to star in a drama, with Park Shin Hye being considered the female lead.   :kaching3:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, willenette said:

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. Park Hyung Sik has been in quite a number of exciting productions with high-profile co-stars in the last couple of years. He is currently reviewing an offer to star in a drama, with Park Shin Hye being considered the female lead.   

Your welcome @willenette, It is very amazing eh :).

On 12/28/2022 at 12:43 PM, backstreetboysfan said:

“Our Blooming Youth” (previously known as “Youth Monthly Talk”) tells the story of a prince suffering from a mysterious curse and a genius woman who is accused of murdering her family members. Their romance develops through the process of the man saving the woman from her false accusation and the woman saving the man from his curse. “Our Blooming Youth” stars Park Hyung Sik as Crown Prince Lee Hwan and Jeon So Nee as a genius woman named Min Jae Yi.

The newest poster features Park Hyung Sik who is shrouded in mystery as he takes on the role of Crown Prince Lee Hwan. The crown prince stands alone in a dusty library, appearing to shine even amidst the suffocating darkness, suffering from an unknown curse.

There is confusion written across his face as he stands at the center of so many mysteries. Why was he given such a curse? Who is the true criminal? Given how much remains without an answer, it’s incredibly hard for the crown prince to trust anyone, an emotion that is well captured in the phrase, “Who must I trust, and who must I be suspicious of?” written at the bottom of the poster.

In front of the prince stands two bookshelves that have parted to let in a bright light that cuts through the darkness, almost acting as a beacon leading Lee Hwan toward the truth. Where will it lead him, and what will Lee Hwan discover?

Park Hyung Sik Is Shrouded In Mystery In Poster For Upcoming Drama “Our Blooming Youth” | Soompi

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. Yes, the poster really looks mysterious. They say that it's the bookshelf that's in front of him. I looked at the poster so many times & I don't see it as a bookshelf, though. What do you think, is it? What I can see are doors. The dimly visible light is meaningful as if it is trying to guide Lee Hwan to the truth.   :heart3:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** PHS also got an acting offer for the upcoming drama, "Doctor Slump". An official from Salt Entertainment, the agency, said, "Park Shin Hye is positively considering appearing in 'Doctor Slump'." Also on the same day, Park Hyung Sik's agency, P&Studio, also announced, "We are reviewing the appearance of 'Doctor Slump' positively." 'Doctor Slump' is a work that contains the CPR of doctors who have fallen into a slump. Filming will begin in 2023.  It is the work of Baek Seon-woo, who wrote 'What's Wrong With Secretary Kim', and will be released through Netflix. I hope he'll take this drama.   :Megalol:

16 minutes ago, willenette said:

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. Yes, the poster really looks mysterious. They say that it's the bookshelf that's in front of him. I looked at the poster so many times & I don't see it as a bookshelf, though. What do you think, is it? What I can see are doors. The dimly visible light is meaningful as if it is trying to guide Lee Hwan to the truth.  

Your welcome @willenette and I agree to me it looks like a door/doors with light coming in. That could be it.

• Love 1

*** Son Byung-ho will appear in the upcoming drama "Our Blooming Youth". He will take on the role of Kim An-jik, who will assist the character prince played by Park Hyung-sik when he comes into possession of a mysterious book filled with curses. "Our Blooming Youth" will begin airing on Ferbuary 6th in the Monday/Tuesday timeslot currently occupied by "Missing: The Other Side - Season 2" on tvN.  :kaching1:

Watch: Park Hyung Sik, Jeon So Nee, And More Impress At Script Reading For “Our Blooming Youth”

Watch: Park Hyung Sik, Jeon So Nee, And More Impress At Script Reading For “Our Blooming Youth”

tvN’s upcoming drama starring Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Nee shared a look at the drama’s script reading!

“Our Blooming Youth” tells the story of a prince suffering from a mysterious curse and a genius woman who is accused of murdering her family members. Their romance develops through the process of the man saving the woman from her false accusation and the woman saving the man from his curse.

The drama will revolve around the five main characters, played by Park Hyung Sik, Jeon So Nee, Pyo Ye Jin, Lee Tae Sun, and Yoon Jong Seok, who are passionate youth of Joseon seeking the truth against their given fate. On top of that, veteran actors such as Jung Woong In, Jo Sung Ha, Son Byung Ho, Lee Jong Hyuk, and Hong Soo Hyun have joined the drama and raised more expectations with its spectacular lineup.

Park Hyung Sik, who is starring as Crown Prince Lee Hwan, charismatically expressed his character’s feisty personality by delivering his lines with a fitting cold tone and sharp eyes. His confident acting fully demonstrated the Crown Prince’s dignity even while suffering from an unknown curse.

Jeon So Nee transformed into Min Jae Yi, a genius woman who overnight goes from being the daughter of a prestigious family to being falsely accused of being a murderer. With Jeon So Nee’s energy, Min Jae Yi’s bold charm was able to stand out even more. In particular, it was said that Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Nee already showed perfect chemistry during the script reading, raising anticipation among viewers.

Park-Hyung-Sik-1.jpeg

Jeon-So-Nee.jpeg

Spoiler

Park-Hyung-Sik-Jeon-So-Nee.jpeg

Pyo Ye Jin, Lee Tae Sun, and Yoon Jong Seok also shone in their portrayals of characters who will assist and help the Crown Prince and Min Jae Yi to overcome their fate. Pyo Ye Jin showed off her unique charm as Ga Ram, the most daring servant in the entire nation, while Yoon Jong Seok delicately depicted the brokenhearted Han Sung On, who had everything but lost his loved one. Lee Tae Sun, who plays Kim Myung Jin, an eccentric aristocrat who dreams of becoming Joseon’s first medical examiner in Joseon, lifted the spirits of the script reading with his antics.

Spoiler

Pyo-Ye-Jin.jpeg

Yun-Jong-Seok.jpeg

Lee-Tae-Sun.jpeg

On the other hand, the stellar acting from Jung Woong In, who plays the role of Jo Won Bo, a Third State Councillor and the head of the Queen’s family, and Jo Sung Ha, who stars as Han Jung Eon, a Second State Councillor and the leader of those who have greatly contributed in establishing Joseon, brought tension as they emerged into their characters who will ensue in a bitter power struggle.

Amidst the intense mood heightened by the acting of the two veteran actors, Son Byung Ho played his role to the fullest as Chief State Councillor and relieved the tension with his gentle charisma. Meanwhile, Lee Jong Hyuk and Hong Soo Hyun, who will be starring as the King and the Queen respectively, were also said to have brought the script to life with their exceptional performances.

Spoiler

Lee-Tae-Sun-Pyo-Ye-Jin-Park-Hyung-Sik-Je

Watch a video of the script reading session below:

[메이킹] 모니터 밖까지 풋풋함이 쏟아진다 운명에 맞선 청춘들의 첫 대본 리딩 현장 비하인드! #청춘월담 EP.0 - YouTube

Watch: Park Hyung Sik, Jeon So Nee, And More Impress At Script Reading For “Our Blooming Youth” | Soompi

On 12/28/2022 at 12:43 PM, backstreetboysfan said:

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. PHS is looking superior in Hanbok. In the teaser poster, Crown Prince Lee Hwan shows elegance. He shines even in the dark as he is standing alone in the empty room. I highly anticipate this drama as I am eager to see the chemistry between Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Nee. "Our Blooming Youth" is his 

historical drama after "Hwarang."  :popcornjackson:

• Like 1

*** tvN has dropped a teaser for its new drama of Park Hyung Sik! The teaser kicks off with Lee Hwan walking alone in the woods at night. This looks exciting. “Our Blooming Youth” will premiere on February 6, 2023 at 8:50 p.m. KST. I can't wait to get started. I just adore PHS!   :heart3:

video credit : soompi news

• Like 1