♣ Park Hyung Sik 박형식 ♣ [Current Drama 2024] "Doctor Slump"

mysignisflower

On 12/8/2020 at 10:39 AM, TDHY said:

Long time fan, new to the forum. So excited that he will be done with military service soon. Hope he gets plenty of rest before he start to work on new projects again. Can't wait!

@TDHY, well, there's a juicy & interesting news. It's reported that there's an adaptation being prepared to turn the period C-novel The Golden Hairpin (Tale of a Hairpin) into a K-drama. What's interesting is the latest rumored casting for this version is reportedly PHS vying for the male lead role. Isn't this interesting? Although, I don't really dig sageuk/historical genres but PHS is great in this genre, sageuk. He looked the best in "Hwarang" despite those horrible wigs, hairpins & accessories. He stole the spotlight in that drama. This drama will be airing on tvN on Mon-Tues night slots in August next year (2021). I'll watch anything with PHS in it. I adore this man! Hope this is true & in case, it is, I hope he accepts the offer. :blush:

• 3 weeks later...

so glad that he is back and hoping for a new project (film, kdrama, variety) before mid 2021. :wub::D

Spoiler

On 1/8/2021 at 9:04 AM, backstreetboysfan said:

He is done his MS now right?.

yes, officially discharged last 04 jan 2021 :D

Edited by serenilmauve
Please hide more than 3 tweets in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/21/2020 at 9:29 PM, willenette said:

@TDHY, well, there's a juicy & interesting news. It's reported that there's an adaptation being prepared to turn the period C-novel The Golden Hairpin (Tale of a Hairpin) into a K-drama. What's interesting is the latest rumored casting for this version is reportedly PHS vying for the male lead role. Isn't this interesting? Although, I don't really dig sageuk/historical genres but PHS is great in this genre, sageuk. He looked the best in "Hwarang" despite those horrible wigs, hairpins & accessories. He stole the spotlight in that drama. This drama will be airing on tvN on Mon-Tues night slots in August next year (2021). I'll watch anything with PHS in it. I adore this man! Hope this is true & in case, it is, I hope he accepts the offer. :blush:

That would be really cool if he can come back to us with a project come this August. This would be his 2nd sageuk, if I'm tracking, and while I loved Hwarang can't wait for him to lead one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TDHY said:

That would be really cool if he can come back to us with a project come this August. This would be his 2nd sageuk, if I'm tracking, and while I loved Hwarang can't wait for him to lead one.

@TDHY, yes, his 2nd historical drama in case. Like you, I'm also excited. I hope we could get to hear/read MORE news about this. :blush:

• Like 1

*** I caught a few dramas on Netflix over the last few months & one of them was -

"Suits"

I actually watched this drama while it was airing but did not complete the run since I lacked time. But, I also bought a DVD copy for my collection & can watch the drama anytime I want to. I had picked it up again for 2x and really, the best part was the bromance between the hotshot lawyer and his genius protege, who is PHS. :fullofhearts:

15 K-Drama Hugs That Melted Our Hearts

d0df58ea0a524fe899e66a56af4d5b18.jpeg?s=

Admittedly, when watching a K-drama the first kiss scene is heavily anticipated, however, a hug scene can be just as impactful, intimate, and vulnerable. There are many types to be admired — back hugs, run hugs, lift hugs, reunion hugs, and more — and they have the power to make our hearts soar with butterflies or swell with tears. Fortunately, as the K-drama world continues to deliver excellent romances and relationships with every new show, there are many hugs that have wiggled their way into our hearts. Here are some of our favorite K-drama hug scenes.

Warning: spoilers for dramas below.

Ahn Min Hyuk & Do Bong Soon in “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon

Ahn Min Hyuk (Park Hyung Sik) and Do Bong Soon (Park Bo Young) perfected the achingly slow, tension-filled build up to a romantic relationship. As Min Hyuk helps Bong Soon learn how to control and use her secret super-strength powers, they share several almost kisses, a back hug of sorts, and other warm embraces. These two are known as a puppy couple, so it’s no surprise that one of their cutest hug scenes involves them arguing outside about who will leave first.

park-bo-young-park-hyung-sik-strong-womapark-bo-young-park-hyung-sik-strong-woma

Spoiler

park-bo-young-park-hyung-sik-strong-woma

Doesn’t this hug make you feel warm and gooey inside? They’re too cute for words.

Start watching “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

Edited by serenilmauve
Please hide more than 3 images in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Park Hyungsik's Past Interview about Being an Outcast During Trainee Days Resurfaces in Light of Recent Bullying Rumors around Celebrities

large_59d97546ab4c31824a56999adf4eb2fc66

Park Hyungsik was once an outcast.

Park Hyungsik opened up about his dark past on a past episode of 'Healing Camp' back in 2015. The acting idol talked about how he was an outcast when he was a trainee in his previous company. After hesitating for a bit, Park Hyungsik started his story.

1614661237685-0.jpg

Image Source: Youtube 'SBS Entertainment' Screenshot

Park Hyungsik began, "The manager who scouted me told me this and that and we became close. Since then, I often asked for suggestions whenever I had concerns. The other trainees thought that I flattered him so that I could appeal him." He continued, "I just worked hard but at some point, they stopped eating with me. They also pretended not to hear me when I talked to them. It's just like that." 

1614661182868-0.jpg

Park Hyungsik then revealed how he started to think that everything is okay if he focuses on his work. He said that those hard times happened when he was only 17, when he was in the 1st year of senior high school. He added, "I had depression."

Spoiler

1614661178476-1.jpg

He then shared how the Hyungs in the new company actually helped him to become a brighter person. He explained, "The leader Hyung picked me from the training room and told me to eat. That's how I became brighter day by day."

Spoiler

1614661173009-2.jpg

Watch the video below to find out more!

Source: [Youtube] SBS Entertainment

Thumbnail Credit: The Qoo

https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2021/03/02/park-hyungsik-s-past-interview-about-being-an-outcast-during-trainee-days-resurfaces-in-light-of-recent-bullying-rumors-around-celebrities-390012

Edited by serenilmauve
Please hide more than 3 images in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 2

*** This came from KingChoice, which is a popular polling website where fans of K-Pop can participate in various polls put up on a semi-regular basis on topics such as idols, ships, songs, and other categories. These polls often draw in hundreds of thousands of votes total, so the results come from a pretty large pool of participants! While of course the resulting list will always be subjective, it’s still interesting to see who ends up on the top of the chart and whether or not your favorite artist ended up where you think they should.  :highonflowers:

These Are Considered The Current 25 Most Handsome Korean Actors

19. Park Hyung Sik

source : https://kingchoice.me/topic-most-handsome-korean-actors-2021-close-february-28-1259.html

These K-drama Actors Gave Justice to Their Roles as Lawyers

Many K-drama fans always look forward to the roles of their favorite actors, maybe a character of a CEO, policeman, agent, or even a lawyer. Through the years of producing drama content, these are the notable Korean heartthrobs who fairly gave justice to their roles as lawyer.

There is something magical about lawyers that is incredibly appealing. More than their passion of seeking justice and helping those who are in need, they are also extremely good looking while standing in trial. I bet you focus too much looking at them rather than listening to their cases right? We are sure you're having the same struggles. Check out some of your favorite K-drama lawyers below!

Park Hyung Sik - "Suits"

Who wouldn't fall in his charm. Former idol and now actor Park Hyung Sik made a good role in the drama "Suits." He played the character of Go Yeon U, a student dropout who had the opportunity to work in a prestigious law firm in Suits. He is not like any other normal lawyer, aside from his amazing photographic memory, he can be a monster when it comes to dealing with cases. He proves to his colleagues that being young is not a hindrance to pursue his dream, he has been through many struggles, but was able to show what he really got. With his adorable and puppy eyes, anyone can be captured by his charm.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjb45eihWzj/?utm_source=ig_embed

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Kdramastars

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/120002/20210303/k-drama-actors-gave-justice-roles-lawyers.htm

***  The website MetKstar released the top 20 Korean actors in February 2021. The results in the rankings are based on votes from netizens as well as fans by logging into different social media accounts. After a month of voting, the results are announced.  PHS came in at 14th.  :kisslevel:

14. Park Hyung Sik

Park Hyung Sik

source : https://metkstar.com/entertainer/choice

These 17 Korean Actors Have The Most Followers On Instagram

How many are you following?

Instagram has become a popular social media platform for not only K-Pop idols to interact with and share their life with their fans, but also for some Korean actors as well.

From simple selfies to behind-the-scenes videos and promoting their shows, the app is a great way for fans to feel closer to their favorite actors.

Many of the most popular actors in the industry have amassed millions of followers on the app, which are very well-deserved!

These are the 17 Korean actors that currently have the most followers on Instagram.

16. Park Hyung Sik (@phs1116): 6.4 million followers

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK3SYaklrW2/?utm_source=ig_embed

source : Koreaboo

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/korean-actors-followers-instagram/

• 2 weeks later...

Park Hyung Sik In Talks For Historical Drama As First Project Following Military Discharge

https://www.soompi.com/article/1459963wpp/park-hyung-sik-in-talks-for-historical-drama-as-first-project-following-military-discharge

Park Hyung Sik may be returning to the small screen with a riveting historical drama!

On March 19, an industry representative reported, “Park Hyung Sik will be making a comeback to the small screen with ‘The Golden Hairpin’ (working title), tvN’s most-anticipated project for the second half of the year.”

In response, a source from the actor’s agency United Artists Agency commented, “A positive discussion is underway after receiving an offer to appear in writer Jung Hyun Jung’s new project ‘The Golden Hairpin.'”

“The Golden Hairpin” revolves around a genius who wakes up one day to have her family be accused of murder and a prince suffering from a mysterious curse. Their story begins when they have a fateful meeting where they both recognize each other as their only savior. Although their relationship starts out as a transaction, it slowly grows into an inevitable romance.

Park Hyung Sik has been offered the role of Prince Lee Hwan, who has gone from being the most free-spirited soul to being the biggest cynic after rising to power following his father’s dethronement and brother’s death. He falls into a deeper abyss of darkness when his mother, his sole remaining family member and person he trusts, passes away soon after. He is a man of dauntless nature on the outside but is deeply rooted in desolation.

Park Hyung Sik has taken on a diverse set of roles in projects including “Hwarang,” “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon,” and “Juror 8.” He has reportedly been receiving several offers since his return from the military, and there is much anticipation for which project he will choose next.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TDHY said:

Park Hyung Sik may be returning to the small screen with a riveting historical drama!

On March 19, an industry representative reported, “Park Hyung Sik will be making a comeback to the small screen with ‘The Golden Hairpin’ (working title), tvN’s most-anticipated project for the second half of the year.”

Oh Yeah! I hope PHS takes the role as I think he would be fantastic in it. Now we just need for them to cast a fabulous actress for the female lead. The only thing that gives me pause is the screenwriter.  Her past works have been hit or miss for me (mostly miss). I think this script is based on a novel though, so she would be doing an adaptation so I'm hoping that she can do a good job since the source material is already out there. The plot sounds really interesting. 

There is also a Chinese drama adaptation of this story getting ready to air as well-it will be interesting to see who broadcasts first. It's already almost April, so we probably won't see this drama air until the autumn, I think.  

16 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Oh Yeah! I hope PHS takes the role as I think he would be fantastic in it. Now we just need for them to cast a fabulous actress for the female lead. The only thing that gives me pause is the screenwriter.  Her past works have been hit or miss for me (mostly miss). I think this script is based on a novel though, so she would be doing an adaptation so I'm hoping that she can do a good job since the source material is already out there. The plot sounds really interesting. 

There is also a Chinese drama adaptation of this story getting ready to air as well-it will be interesting to see who broadcasts first. It's already almost April, so we probably won't see this drama air until the autumn, I think.  

@Table122000, it's confirmed that he's been offered to do this project & that he'll be indeed the male lead. His Agency confirmed the offer but said it's merely one of many roles he's considering besides, this will be his comeback project in case he accepts to do this. I read that the novel is much loved so, it's just good to see K-ent taking the source material for a K-drama adaptation. PHS is my oppa so, count me in if in case he will take this. I'm really anticipating for his comeback. Seems like the female lead role here requires a strong actress. I guess Kim So Hyun or IU are a good fit for the role but, it looks like  KSH is in another drama right now. So, it's unlikely for her to do this role. Hope they land the kind of actress that can really raise the buzz of the drama in case PHS will be part of the team. And....if China is smart, they have to air their version sooner than later - hahaha. Because there will be comparison that will arise if both will air within the same period. I'm always biased when it comes to K-drama. Although, I could say that C-dramas have better executions in period pieces - just my 2-cents worth. I'm not really into historical genres & remakes but if PHS will be in it, no choice. For remakes, for me nothing beats the original, though most of the time - just my opinion again here. I heard that they'll start shooting next month (April). PHS is a truly gifted actor who has worked hard to come this far. :Pandabulous:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, willenette said:

@Table122000, it's confirmed that he's been offered to do this project & that he'll be indeed the male lead. His Agency confirmed the offer but said it's merely one of many roles he's considering besides, this will be his comeback project in case he accepts to do this. I read that the novel is much loved so, it's just good to see K-ent taking the source material for a K-drama adaptation. PHS is my oppa so, count me in if in case he will take this. I'm really anticipating for his comeback. Seems like the female lead role here requires a strong actress. I guess Kim So Hyun or IU are a good fit for the role but, it looks like  KSH is in another drama right now. So, it's unlikely for her to do this role. Hope they land the kind of actress that can really raise the buzz of the drama in case PHS will be part of the team. And....if China is smart, they have to air their version sooner than later - hahaha. Because there will be comparison that will arise if both will air within the same period. I'm always biased when it comes to K-drama. Although, I could say that C-dramas have better executions in period pieces - just my 2-cents worth. I'm not really into historical genres & remakes but if PHS will be in it, no choice. For remakes, for me nothing beats the original, though most of the time - just my opinion again here. I heard that they'll start shooting next month (April). PHS is a truly gifted actor who has worked hard to come this far. :Pandabulous:

I'm excited to hear that it's confirmed. If they shoot next month, they need to hurry and get the rest of the cast together. Can't wait to see who the female lead will be. PHS tends to have chemistry with his female leads, but I hope it will be one who can carry the whole. I'd love for it to be IU. The two of them are my all time favorite and that would be awesome. She hasn't had a drama since 2019 too, so it will be good timing. I'm hesitant that he is doing a historical drama as his comeback drama though, especially with the writer. Everywhere I look people seem to not like her much. She did write Romance Is a New Book which I liked. And I agree with the airing comment. It is always best to be first and set the standard if you are going to be compared to rather than the other way around. To that end, I'm just excited that he is going to back on the screen!

• Like 2

Park Hyung Sik in talks to star in upcoming Historical Drama!

The long wait is over for Park Hyung Sik! We will see him again in our small screens soon!

On March 19, an official from Park Hyung Sik’s agency revealed that he received an offer to star in new drama. The upcoming drama is titled, Sleep Memo and he is positively reviewing it.

Park Hyung Sik debuted as a member of South Korean Boy band ZE:A. He officially started his career as an actor in SBS’ special drama I Remember You in 2012. Hyung Sik is notable for his roles in the dramas: The Heirs, High Society, Hwarang, Strong Girl Do Bong Soon and Suits.

Sleep Memo is a story about a girl with a great intelligence. However, she was accused of murdering her own family and a prince who has a strange curse.

If Park Hyung Sik accepts this offer, this will be his first comeback project after his military enlistment. He finished his service and was discharged last January 4.

Stay tuned for updates!

source : https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000415779

• Like 2

Park Hyung Sik to Bae Suzy: 6 KPop idols whose acting skills have made us their fans!

Think idols can only sing? Think again! We've made a list of singers who gave acting a chance and left us stunned!

It's no secret that K-Pop idols are trained in almost all aspects - singing, dancing, acting, sometimes rapping too. Their debut is only possible after years and years of hard work and training. That's why, when most idols foray into acting, it's not much of a surprise. 

What's a bit different though nowadays, is the fact that K-Pop idols are now given a preference over rookie actors. Why? Because they bring with them a whole array of fans and attention. In addition, because of how hard and extreme their training is, they mostly do turn out to be good actors. And it's better for fans too as they get to see a whole different side of their favourite idol.

So it's mostly like a win-win-win situation for the production house, the actor and the fans!

However, keeping these things aside, let's now move onto the famous KPop idols who have turned into celebrities and have taken over our screens!

Park Hyung Sik

41556111_2363374967036018_62060313754034

He's the vocalist and visual of the nine-member boy group ZE:A and its sub unit ZE:A Five. He's known for his witty charms and gorgeous looks, which has fans swooning over him in every drama. His notable works include The Heirs, Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth, Strong Girl Bong Soon and Suits. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/park-hyung-sik-bae-suzy-6-kpop-idols-whose-acting-skills-have-made-us-their-fans-663188

• Like 2