♣ Park Hyung Sik 박형식 ♣ [Current Drama 2024] "Doctor Slump"

mysignisflower

3 hours ago, soadako said:

Thank you Amanda_HS for the update.  I just noticed that this thread has become quiet nowadays...

I just would like to ask one thing, I have been searching a lot about HYUNGSIK especially about articles and fans of ZE:A and I just observed that  there are ZE:A fans (maybe not all)  who don't seem to appreciate that PHS is getting a lot attention from international /new fans... I don't really get it but it seems like they are not that supportive of HS as an actor/solo artist but they seem to be accepting Siwan as such.  I do not want to create an issue here but I think Amanda_HS can enlighten me?

PS:  sorry in advance but I do not mean to offend the ZE:A fans... as a matter of fact I am slowly getting to be interested in their songs and I am beginning to like some of them.  I find MINWOO cute too and I personally love KWANGHEE's personality.

I do see such "fans". I read some of their remarks but their reasonings are so weird. just don't care about their remarks. Often, they don't even know him well.

0063Ld9Bly1fgwpfnc6y4j30u00u0dkf.jpg

So our dear boy went to see Park Hyo Shin with his dad and mum. So sweet. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, soadako said:

Thank you Amanda_HS for the update.  I just noticed that this thread has become quiet nowadays...

I just would like to ask one thing, I have been searching a lot about HYUNGSIK especially about articles and fans of ZE:A and I just observed that  there are ZE:A fans (maybe not all)  who don't seem to appreciate that PHS is getting a lot attention from international /new fans... I don't really get it but it seems like they are not that supportive of HS as an actor/solo artist but they seem to be accepting Siwan as such.  I do not want to create an issue here but I think Amanda_HS can enlighten me?

PS:  sorry in advance but I do not mean to offend the ZE:A fans... as a matter of fact I am slowly getting to be interested in their songs and I am beginning to like some of them.  I find MINWOO cute too and I personally love KWANGHEE's personality.

Some of them are probably just jealous coz finally PHS got the proper recognition and the love from his international fans are overwhelming and  he deserve all of it. If they are not happy with his popularity then they are not real fans. I even notice suju fans love PHS more than some of ZEA's.

Well I just knew PHS through Hwarang so not sure how ZEA fans treat all the members.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, sik1116 said:

Some of them are probably just jealous coz finally PHS got the proper recognition and the love from his international fans are overwhelming and  he deserve all of it. If they are not happy with his popularity then they are not real fans. I even notice suju fans love PHS more than some of ZEA's.

Well I just knew PHS through Hwarang so not sure how ZEA fans treat all the members.

Oh i love him from SWDBS and ever since no turning back.

i then return to watch Hwarang too because of him, he really does have so much charm and humble as always! 

Not sure about his ZE.A days but his popularity is so huge now now that maybe his ZEA fans starts wondering and not happy with it...

he is getting even more popular as time goes, so stick with him or just be prepared for his fans onslaught yea.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, xscalsve said:

Oh i love him from SWDBS and ever since no turning back.

i then return to watch Hwarang too because of him, he really does have so much charm and humble as always! 

Not sure about his ZE.A days but his popularity is so huge now now that maybe his ZEA fans starts wondering and not happy with it...

he is getting even more popular as time goes, so stick with him or just be prepared for his fans onslaught yea.

Yes and we will love him even more :)..

• Like 4

6 hours ago, sik1116 said:

I personally don't get how you can say you're a fan of a group yet see it proper to criticize a member that happen to do well. I agree, then you aren't a real fan afterall. I like your suju example. He and Ryewook are very close and RW fans love HS too in return.

Hs worked hard to get to where he is, (not to say the others did not) and I am glad he is getting alot of exposure and love globally. Caveat to this well deserved popularity--harder to meet him casually strolling out the streets. :(

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Amanda_HS said:

I do see such "fans". I read some of their remarks but their reasonings are so weird. just don't care about their remarks. Often, they don't even know him well.

So our dear boy went to see Park Hyo Shin with his dad and mum. So sweet. 

Thank you for your reply...

I was just curious because it is very unusual for fans who claims that they love the group as 9, but seem to be indifferent with one member who is doing really well.  I see posts of those fans about other members' activities, even promoting Siwan's movie ( I am HS biased but I feel proud of Siwan being the first idol-actor to be in Cannes) and supporting dongjun's transfer of agency but I can't see congratulatory remarks of HYUNGSIK doing good in SWDBS and Hwarang and really got intrigued that they don't seem to care for his upcoming fan meeting.  They even criticize him for being excited in  changing agencies when in fact he is the third member to do so.  I see support  posts for Kwanghee even if he is in military but no recent post about HS and no pride post that he even sang OSTS for his drama.  As a new fan of his, I really find this intriguing when they should be happy even if he is not their bias because he is a member who could promote ZE:a's (and I am actually beginning to be one).  I just think that maybe they are threatened that HS might not rejoin the group if he will be successful individually as an artist esp if he will be a solo singer in the future.  I doubt that HS will think like that because I saw (based from the videos and interviews and my own investigation :). ) how he loves his members.  

I think I have seen enough proof that PHS truly LOVE his group and if he has a way to lift the group with him now, he will willingly and lovingly do so.  They may be on hiatus now or worse, disbanded...but even fans/non-fans cannot erase the fact that these boys found each other to be FRIENDS forever.  As a fan, all I can do is respect whatever decision they have for their solo careers and be supportive of them in their growth.

PS:  The MAIN reason why I love this guy is because he is very loving and grateful of his FAMILY...That picture testifies his affection for his parents and I am loving him more and more because of that.  

• Like 6

Annyeong everyone! :D It's been so long since I last posted. Life's been hectic. I'm going to rant so I'll apologize in  advance. I don't mean any harm. Lol. :tongue:B)

Anyways, @soadako I've observed the same thing actually. In fact, I kept wondering why real men episodes with hyungsik in it were never subbed (except certain clips that were subbed by his own fans/fan sites). Usually idol fan sites do the subbing of shows/guestings of the member/s regardless if they were their bias or not as well as promoting their individual activities. It's not like they are not capable of doing such because despite being underrated, still, ZE:A has a big following; enough to keep them (or some of the members) in the limelight. It wasn't just for real men but also for all the shows he's been in. I know ze:a's loves all 9 of them and they must be really sad and frustrated with what happened to the group (even if they are not officially disbanded) but I feel like they're being apathetic with Hyungsik's success and it makes me sad.

He loves his members dearly and I remember him scolding kwanghee during their guesting in taxi to help uplift their group or member's morale ('cause kwanghee kept ranting about how none of their songs were a hit even the song their member composed so its useless to talk about it or something like that). It's like they think that Hyungsik isn't "grateful" enough and this further escalated when kwanghee unfollowed him on IG. (Which I find really unfair for hyungsikie since among the other members he should know that hyungsik's schedule was really hectic especially during the 1st half of 2017. It's not like he intentionally ignored his calls.) However, despite that hyungsik knew better and still follows kwanghee in IG. There are also some comments about how he seems to always hang out with siwan and I was like "is there a problem with that?" Just because you don't see him hanging out with the other members doesn't mean that he doesn't at all. His signature still has ZE:A in it and that says a lot already. I hope they start to appreciate him and his achievements an as individual because after all, ZE:A wouldn't be complete without him. They're a family no matter what.

Besides, how can you not like or even hate Park Hyung Sik?! He's a gem! :wub:

• Like 6

13 hours ago, soadako said:

Thank you for your reply...

I was just curious because it is very unusual for fans who claims that they love the group as 9, but seem to be indifferent with one member who is doing really well.  I see posts of those fans about other members' activities, even promoting Siwan's movie ( I am HS biased but I feel proud of Siwan being the first idol-actor to be in Cannes) and supporting dongjun's transfer of agency but I can't see congratulatory remarks of HYUNGSIK doing good in SWDBS and Hwarang and really got intrigued that they don't seem to care for his upcoming fan meeting.  They even criticize him for being excited in  changing agencies when in fact he is the third member to do so.  I see support  posts for Kwanghee even if he is in military but no recent post about HS and no pride post that he even sang OSTS for his drama.  As a new fan of his, I really find this intriguing when they should be happy even if he is not their bias because he is a member who could promote ZE:a's (and I am actually beginning to be one).  I just think that maybe they are threatened that HS might not rejoin the group if he will be successful individually as an artist esp if he will be a solo singer in the future.  I doubt that HS will think like that because I saw (based from the videos and interviews and my own investigation :). ) how he loves his members.  

I think I have seen enough proof that PHS truly LOVE his group and if he has a way to lift the group with him now, he will willingly and lovingly do so.  They may be on hiatus now or worse, disbanded...but even fans/non-fans cannot erase the fact that these boys found each other to be FRIENDS forever.  As a fan, all I can do is respect whatever decision they have for their solo careers and be supportive of them in their growth.

PS:  The MAIN reason why I love this guy is because he is very loving and grateful of his FAMILY...That picture testifies his affection for his parents and I am loving him more and more because of that.  

This is just my opinion. 

With groups, rivalries among fans are quite common. When they start comparing popularity, distribution of resources and distribution of lines in their songs, it creates drift among the fans. 

ZE:A doesn't have a lot of group varieties hence most of their fans are fans of individual members. They came to like the members not because of their group activities but because of their performances in variety shows or dramas. Because of this, they tend to care more about their bias. When new fans watched ZE:A's videos, they only talked about Hyungsik. They probably only like Hyungsik instead of the group. Other fans will think that his fans are not appreciative of the group/other members. 

And since ZE:A is not popular, without translation groups, many who claimed to like the group do not know much about the individual members. They read translated articles from allkpop or soompi so they make quick judgments without understanding the whole situation. 

Some of them are unhappy with Hyungsik because they think that he seems to want to move on. 

The singer turned actor stated, "ZE:A is not thinking of giving up nor disbanding.  It's just that we've all been busy recently with our individual activities so it was only obvious for people to make such speculations." - Siwan 

We're not disbanded. However, for us to get together as a whole group, it would take a few years because of enlistments - Siwan

“Our group came up with a unique strategy. We decided to spread out as far as possible before returning to the starting point. We’re just expanding our network right now. We always aim for the No. 1 spot,” he disclosed, hinting at the group’s potential return in the future. “Even if it takes a while, we desperately want to spread out [into different fields] and then bring [everyone] together,” he added. - Dongjun

The actor also stated that he didn’t want to use the word ‘disbanded’ to describe ZE:A and explained, “As was officially reported, many of the members are now under different agencies; however, despite this, we are still one group, which is why the name ZE:A remains. When I think of my fellow members, I get a little choked up. I genuinely want for them all to succeed and be happy…Since we went through difficult periods together, I think it’s important for us to support each other’s endeavors…This is why I don’t want to associate the word ‘disbanded’ with ZE:A.”

He concluded, “Just as my first step [in this field] is important, I hope that my fellow members find success in each of their new beginnings.” - Hyungsik

From these articles, Siwan and Dongjun made it very clear that ZE:A is not disbanded and they will have a comeback in the future. But Hyungsik's reply seemed to be more ambiguous. So some fans were unhappy and felt that Hyungsik just wanted to move on. However, an article that wasn't translated, Hyungsik said that despite them all going to different companies, he still has this small wish that one day they will be able to reunite and comeback as a group.   

However this is what Kevin said

What prompted your decision to leave Korea and to go back to Australia and start MC-ing?

KK: The main thing was I wanted to just, you know, after [ZE:A’s] disbandment, I wanted to come back to take a rest because I’ve been away [in Korea] for about 10 years. I wanted to restart myself with something special, which is SBS and the radio show that I’m hosting. I’m going to be doing more of my music and I’m working on my solo album as well, so hopefully I can turn that out sometime this year.

i think all the members knew they have to leave Star Empire as SE is not willing to invest in the group. 

Honestly speaking, their hiatus is going to be so long that no one can guarantee a possible comeback in the future. By the time they all come back after enlistments, all of them will be in their 30s. They are not Shinhwa or Sechs Kies who are very popular groups and had huge fanbase so it would be difficult to have a successful comeback in the future. 

Dongjun and Siwan gave very diplomatic replies and gave hope to fans but I feel that Hyungsik's reply is more realistic.  He will be more than willing to have a comeback but he also recognizes the difficulties.No one knows what will happen in the future, so for now, it is more important for all of them to move forward and have success in their new beginnings.

Image result for zea

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Amanda_HS said:

Dongjun and Siwan gave very diplomatic replies and gave hope to fans but I feel that Hyungsik's reply is more realistic.  He will be more than willing to have a comeback but he also recognize the difficulties.No one knows what will happen in the future, so for now, it is more important for all of them to move forward and have success in their new beginnings.

Agree. I think Hyungsik does not want to give false hope to fans. I don't mean that Siwan and Dongjun gave false hope to fans, they have the wish to be back together as ZE:A one day, but putting all the circumstances like you mentioned, it's almost near to impossible now. Hyungsik himself had probably measured all the possibilities.

Personally, I think the best they can do, are attending each other's concert/show/musical as support, or even cameo.

With Siwan and Dongjun's replies, they next question they will forever be asked by their fans, will be "When?"

The video and photos that were posted here - the one with PHS wearing blue shirt and the one he attended with his parents are different event, right? - Park Hyo Shin's concert and what else? (edited - ok, after reading the captions, one was Park Hyo Shin concert, another was the FM?

I think I am seeing muscle now under his blue shirt? 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

Agree. I think Hyungsik does not want to give false hope to fans. I don't mean that Siwan and Dongjun gave false hope to fans, they have the wish to be back together as ZE:A one day, but putting all the circumstances like you mentioned, it's almost near to impossible now. Hyungsik himself had probably measured all the possibilities.

Personally, I think the best they can do, are attending each other's concert/show/musical as support, or even cameo.

With Siwan and Dongjun's replies, they next question they will forever be asked by their fans, will be "When?"

The video and photos that were posted here - the one with PHS wearing blue shirt and the one he attended with his parents are different event, right? He attended Park Hyo Shin's concert with his parents? Park Hyo Sin's Gift is my phone ringtone.

Same event. He changed shirts. He participated in games in blue tee.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sik1116 said:

Park Hyung Sik promotion video for Japan Fan Meeting. :) his voice speaking japanese in the beginning :wub: I died...

He sounds really good, i only understand "konichiwa" and "Park Hyungsik desu" hehe

• Like 6

On 6/25/2017 at 3:37 PM, cassy_0508 said:

Annyeong everyone! :D It's been so long since I last posted. Life's been hectic. I'm going to rant so I'll apologize in  advance. I don't mean any harm. Lol. :tongue:B)

Anyways, @soadako I've observed the same thing actually. In fact, I kept wondering why real men episodes with hyungsik in it were never subbed (except certain clips that were subbed by his own fans/fan sites). Usually idol fan sites do the subbing of shows/guestings of the member/s regardless if they were their bias or not as well as promoting their individual activities. It's not like they are not capable of doing such because despite being underrated, still, ZE:A has a big following; enough to keep them (or some of the members) in the limelight. It wasn't just for real men but also for all the shows he's been in. I know ze:a's loves all 9 of them and they must be really sad and frustrated with what happened to the group (even if they are not officially disbanded) but I feel like they're being apathetic with Hyungsik's success and it makes me sad.

He loves his members dearly and I remember him scolding kwanghee during their guesting in taxi to help uplift their group or member's morale ('cause kwanghee kept ranting about how none of their songs were a hit even the song their member composed so its useless to talk about it or something like that). It's like they think that Hyungsik isn't "grateful" enough and this further escalated when kwanghee unfollowed him on IG. (Which I find really unfair for hyungsikie since among the other members he should know that hyungsik's schedule was really hectic especially during the 1st half of 2017. It's not like he intentionally ignored his calls.) However, despite that hyungsik knew better and still follows kwanghee in IG. There are also some comments about how he seems to always hang out with siwan and I was like "is there a problem with that?" Just because you don't see him hanging out with the other members doesn't mean that he doesn't at all. His signature still has ZE:A in it and that says a lot already. I hope they start to appreciate him and his achievements an as individual because after all, ZE:A wouldn't be complete without him. They're a family no matter what.

Besides, how can you not like or even hate Park Hyung Sik?! He's a gem! :wub:

i agree with you. 

it's sad that PHS' group was not given the chance to have their spot in the limelight (mainly because of SE's poor management and not so great songs) and now....their so called group fan club were the one doing the bashing..

good thing that PHS has us here that would continue to support him in anything and everything that he will be doing...

• Like 4

Hello everyone! Just wanted to say that this thread is so informative! I've been binge watching PHS videos on youtube and piecing info about him but this thread is the most informative of all. I am so glad I stumbled upon it!!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, fusionzcold said:

Hello everyone! Just wanted to say that this thread is so informative! I've been binge watching PHS videos on youtube and piecing info about him but this thread is the most informative of all. I am so glad I stumbled upon it!!

Annyeong, welcome and once you're in, it'll be hard to get out cause PHS poison is very deep, you won't get out from his grasp that easily, hahaa

just kidding, please feel free and get crazy, loving, excited like most of us here does over PHS... :) 

• Like 6