♣ Park Hyung Sik 박형식 ♣ [Current Drama 2024] "Doctor Slump"

mysignisflower

On 3/20/2021 at 2:03 PM, willenette said:

@Table122000, it's confirmed that he's been offered to do this project & that he'll be indeed the male lead. His Agency confirmed the offer but said it's merely one of many roles he's considering besides, this will be his comeback project in case he accepts to do this. I read that the novel is much loved so, it's just good to see K-ent taking the source material for a K-drama adaptation. PHS is my oppa so, count me in if in case he will take this. I'm really anticipating for his comeback. Seems like the female lead role here requires a strong actress. I guess Kim So Hyun or IU are a good fit for the role but, it looks like  KSH is in another drama right now. So, it's unlikely for her to do this role. Hope they land the kind of actress that can really raise the buzz of the drama in case PHS will be part of the team. And....if China is smart, they have to air their version sooner than later - hahaha. Because there will be comparison that will arise if both will air within the same period. I'm always biased when it comes to K-drama. Although, I could say that C-dramas have better executions in period pieces - just my 2-cents worth. I'm not really into historical genres & remakes but if PHS will be in it, no choice. For remakes, for me nothing beats the original, though most of the time - just my opinion again here. I heard that they'll start shooting next month (April). PHS is a truly gifted actor who has worked hard to come this far. :Pandabulous:

Thanks for clarification. With all of the commotion going on now about anything related to China, I wonder if this drama project is still viable or if everything has been cancelled? Probably no actors will want to take the roles because it's based on a Chinese novel. So PHS will probably say no. It's a damn shame because I think the plotline sounds so interesting and I think the role of the Prince is tailor made for PHS. The only way I see this being made in the current climate is if it's picked up by an international  distributor like Netflix. Hopefully, something else good will come along for him. 

As for Sleep Memo/Golden Hairpin, I think we will just have to wait for the China version of the drama to air. I read the producers and director are the same people  who made Ten Miles Peach Blossom so expectations are high.

• Love 1

*I** Park Hyung Sik always looks amazing in my eyes.He looks good with any style. I welcome him back with open arms. I'm very much excited for his comeback and I just can’t hide it - hahaha - Missed him a lot! :spitswater:

Real Charmer: 7 Reasons To Look Forward To Park Hyung Sik’s Return On Screen

a50fa21bad6f4c2288a1ff226c9db73e.jpeg?s=

A couple of years seems like a forever wait when our favorite Korean stars are serving their mandatory military service, but everything becomes much sweeter when they are officially discharged. These questions are often asked: Will they look quite different? Will they come back stronger than ever? Which project are they going to choose first?

Park Hyung Sik is back again to charm viewers on screen after having been officially discharged at the beginning of 2021. We couldn’t think of a better start to the year, and with recent news of his first project in discussion, we’re giving you more reasons to celebrate his return!

Your day will be brighter with his infectious smile

It’s no secret that Park Hyung Sik has a beautiful, gleaming smile that’s sure to make everyone’s hearts skip a beat. He has been known as one of the “mood makers” of ZE:A with his equally bright personality. Now that he’s back, he’ll be able to spread positivity and bring joy to everyone fortunate enough to encounter him!

park-hyung-sik.gif
Spoiler

Have fun watching his duality

While he often looks like a cute and happy-go-lucky person, he also has a dark, brooding, and charismatic side. Fans often find it hard to choose which personality they like more, but luckily we’ll get to see the best of both soon!

park-hyung-sik1.jpg

All his K-drama characters are memorable

Park Hyung Sik started out in dramas playing mischievous, funny roles that you can’t help but root for, and these adorable characters made a big impression. But throughout the years, he has grown into an actor who can carry different roles and stories that showcase his versatility.

do-bong-soon.gif

He made us fall head-over-heels with his bossy yet cute character in “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon.”

heirs2.gif

highsociety.png

And he captured our hearts with his “Heirs” and “High Society” chaebol characters, who may seem carefree and privileged on the outside but hold a strong character development.

jang-dong-gun.jpg

He also made us think and dig deeper with his smart, witty character in the law drama “Suits.” He’s played several other roles that are worth the mention, but whatever role he pursues, he’ll surely grab viewers’ attentions and make it an unforgettable one.

He looks amazing in historical dramas

If you enjoyed his role in “Hwarang,” you might be able to watch him again in a comeback through the upcoming tvN sageuk tentatively called “The Golden Hairpin.” According to an official statement from his agency, “The Golden Hairpin” revolves around a genius who wakes up one day to have her family be accused of murder and a prince suffering from a mysterious curse. It seems like the upcoming drama will have a mix of everything that makes a drama addicting: romance, fantasy, and murder mystery. And another reason to watch? We just might get to see him wear beautiful Korean traditional clothing again!

hwarang.jpg

Catch Hwarang here while you wait for his next historical drama:

Watch Now

His squad of handsome actor friends will be complete!

Fans will be delighted to know that Park Hyung Sik’s close friends, BTS’s V, Park Seo Joon, Choi Woo Shik, and Peakboy will be reunited as an overload of heartthrob visuals again. We’re also happy to see him have nice, real life friends who can also be a support group from his industry!

choi-woo-sik-park-hyung-sik-park-seo-joo

Park-Hyung-Sik-Park-Seo-Joon-V.jpg

He has a sweet singing voice

It’s no surprise that Park Hyung Sik is really multi-talented, especially when he shows his roots as a singer. Hopefully we’ll get to hear him sing again for his new drama!

We’ll be able to enjoy new variety show appearances

There’s never a shortage of laughs and adorable moments when Park Hyung Sik is a guest or a mainstay in variety shows. We surely hope that he will lend his dedication to a given task and perfect comedic timing once again in game/reality shows and interviews!

real-men.gif

credit : soompi news

Top 20 Most Followed Korean Actors On Instagram & 80 Other Actors' Instagram

Most of the Korean actors have Instagram and some have an impressive amount of followers! Some have been using actively Instagram while some do not really keep it updated. Some actors also just created their Instagram recently and are still gathering followers.

Here are the most followed Korean actors on Instagram and then a rough ranking of over 80 actors' Instagram accounts.

If you are not following your favorite actors' Instagram, it is time to do so.

All data were updated on April 2 (latest update), 2021, at 17:00 PM KST. We update regularly as the numbers keep on increasing and the ranking is changing.

Important Notice: only acting-dols who had a lead role in a K-Drama or a Netflix Original drama (not a web drama) have been included.

17. Park HyungSik - 6.4m followers - @phs1116

Most-followed-Korean-actor-on-Instagram-

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-20-most-followed-korean-actors-on-instagram-80-other-actors-instagram/

Park Hyung Shik Considering Starring Role in “The Golden Hairpin”

strong-woman-do-bong-soon-park-hyung-shi

Park Hyung Sik (Strong Woman Do Bong Soon) is considering a starring role in the new Korean drama The Golden Hairpin. The Golden Hairpin follows the romance between a smart woman who is suddenly accused of murdering her family and a cursed prince who is enduring a lot of suffering.

Park Hyung Sik would play the prince. The drama comes from the writer of Romance is a Bonus Book and Lovestruck in the City and the PD of 100 Days My Prince.

The Golden Hairpin has plans to air in the second half of 2021 on tvN.

source : https://kdramakisses.com/2021/04/03/park-hyung-shik-considering-starring-role-in-the-golden-hairpin/

• 2 weeks later...

*** There's another drama offer for Park Hyung Sik for his comeback project. In case, he takes this he may be playing a police officer in his next drama! Today, April 15, Ilgan Sports reported that he had been cast in the role of the protagonist in the upcoming tvN drama “Happiness” (literal title). I hope we could get to hear from him soon. “Happiness” is an apocalyptic thriller that takes place in a time when infectious diseases have become the new normal. Park Hyung Sik was offered the role of the male lead Jung Yi Hyun, a violent crimes detective. He was also offered to star in “The Golden Hairpin” (working title). The drama’s production was reportedly pushed back from June to September this year, giving him time to star in a different drama before it. “Happiness” will be produced by Studio Dragon and is scheduled to air in the second half of the year. I waited a lot for his comeback.  :popcornjackson:

Korean Actors and Actresses Who Began Their Careers as K-Pop Idols

These actors and actresses are so popular for their film and television appearances that not everyone realizes they actually started out as K-pop idols.

Park Hyungsik

1618294356980-PHS.jpg

Image Source: Star Empire Entertainment, United Artists Agency

Park Hyungsik debuted with ZE:A in 2010 and is still a member of the group, although they have been on hiatus since 2017. Hyungsik has since turned his attention to acting and has starred in big-name dramas like 'The Heirs' and 'She Was Pretty.'

(skipped unrelated.....

source : https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2021/04/15/korean-actors-and-actresses-who-began-their-careers-as-k-pop-idols-391002

*** I'm so happy for PHS that so many blessings are coming his way. He will embark on his full-fledged comeback schedule with two new projects. Ye, (2) projects from tvN but completely different one  : tvN’s historical series, The Golden Hairpin & tvN thriller series, Happiness. Studio Dragon will start shooting the latter next month.  :crazily:

20210415144027056jivw.jpg

source : https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20210415100533733

Han Hyo-joo, Park Hyung-sik and Jo Woo-jin in "Happiness - Drama"

photo1324383.jpg

Will actors Han Hyo-joo, Park Hyung-sik and Jo Woo-jin meet in "Happiness - Drama"?

tvN sources told Star News on the 15th that, "Han Hyo-joo, Park Hyung-sik and Jo Woo-jin have been offered roles in the upcoming drama "Happiness - Drama"".

"Happiness - Drama" is a new drama on tvN, a city thriller about class discrimination in new apartments in big cities in the New Normal era, when infectious diseases are common. Director Ahn Gil-ho and writer Han Sang-woon of "WATCHER" joined forces.

Han Hyo-joo was offered the role of a policewoman named Yoon Sae-bom, Park Hyung-sik the role of homicide detective Jeong Yi-hyeon and Jo Woo-jin the role of Han Tae-seok, a medical commander.

source : https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2021041514121545990

• Like 1

8 K-Drama Remakes Of Your Favorite International TV Series

You have probably watched the OG series!

Korean dramas are arguably one of the most popular genres for television shows. But did you know that some of your favorite titles are actually spin-offs of foreign series? Yup, you read that right!

We rounded up eight popular K-dramas that are remakes from international titles:

6. Suits (2018)

Who’s in it: Jang Dong Gun, Park Hyung Sik

Where you can watch it: Netflix and Viu

Another K-drama that is based on an American title is Suits. The series premiered in 2018 and spanned 16 seasons. Similar to Criminal Minds, the South Korean variation only lasted for a season, while its American counterpart has nine seasons and was broadcasted for eight years!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/must-watch-k-drama-remakes-a4825-20210416

*** I'm happy for PHS that after discharged from the MS he has already got not one but 2-dramas lined-up. "Happiness" is scheduled to film next month, May. "The Golden Hairpin" will now be an original sageuk script. Good move not to adapt a C-novel. NICE to hear him back on track again.  But, I wonder has he officially confirmed this sageuk drama? In case, he did, wahhhhh...............there's so much to look forward to on PHS for the coming months. I just can't wait to see him back on my screen.  :Megalol:

11 Pairings We Wouldn’t Mind Seeing Reunite In A K-Drama

11 Pairings We Wouldn’t Mind Seeing Reunite In A K-Drama

Often times, you finish watching a drama and the chemistry between the two leads is just so enigmatic that you’re already hoping deep down that they’ll reunite for a future project. This may even involve you signing a petition or two, demanding for a second season or reunion.

It’s happened in the past where two actors have had such talked about chemistry that they return many years later on the small screen, but it is pretty rare.

3. Park Hyung Sik and Park Bo Young

park-bo-young-park-hyung-sik.jpeg

Park Hyung Sik and Park Bo Young starred in the hit rom-com “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon.” The pair was dubbed the “puppy couple” as their gazes and connection with each other were very evident throughout the series – remember those “I love you” scenes?! They both have big, sweet, and innocent eyes, and during their romance scenes, their loving stares made them look like two cute puppies. Fans shipped the two and are still hoping that they will find their way back to each other in another drama.

Start watching “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Like 1

Park Hyung Sik Offered Lead Role in “Happiness”

Happiness Korean Drama - Park Hyung Sik

Park Hyung Sik (Suits) has now been offered a lead role in the upcoming Korean drama Happiness. He would play a detective. Han Hyo Joo (W – Two Worlds) is still considering an offer to star opposite him

Happiness is a thriller about a world where infectious diseases run rampant and shows the issues and class discrimination that happens. Things take a turn for the worse though when a severe new disease breaks out.

Happiness has plans to air in the second half of 2021.

source : https://kdramakisses.com/2021/04/25/park-hyung-sik-offered-lead-role-in-happiness/

• 2 weeks later...

*** Here's how PHS looks like in military uniform. He's mesmerizing in green. He started his military service on 2019, and trained as a military police officer at the Capital Defense Command. He previously shared that he was inspired to join the Capital Defense Command after he was praised for his shooting skills while training for the variety show, Real Man. He was discharged on Jan 4, 2021.  :crazymad:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0B3ufrlSDW/?utm_source=ig_embed

*** Song Hye-kyo posted these pictures on her Instagram. Park Hyung-sik sent her a coffee truck on the site of her currently filming drama. He parodied the title of the drama, which is  "Now, We Are Breaking Up" and wrote, 'Now, We Are Supporting You' on the banners. She replied, "Thank you Hyung-sik", on her post. I remember she sent PHS a coffee and snack truck when he was filming the drama “Suits” with Jang Dong Gun before. They have not worked together yet but they belong to the same Agency, United Artists Agency (UAA). He had revealed that one of the reasons for joining the agency is Song Hye-Kyo.  :blush:

photo1335948.jpg

photo1335947.jpg

photos source : https://www.hancinema.net/song-hye-kyo-gets-support-from-park-hyung-sik-151389.html

Song Hye Kyo Thanks Park Hyung Sik For Sending Support To The Set Of Her New Drama

Song Hye Kyo Thanks Park Hyung Sik For Sending Support To The Set Of Her New Drama

Song Hye Kyo thanked Park Hyung Sik for his thoughtful gift!

On May 18, the actress took to Instagram Stories to share a photo of a coffee truck he gifted her and wrote “Thanks, Hyung Sik.”

The coffee truck was sent to the set of her upcoming romance drama “Now, We Are Breaking Up” (literal title) that stars Song Hye Kyo, Jang Ki YongChoi Hee Seo, Kim Joo Heon, EXO’s Sehun, and Girl’s Day’s Yura. The coffee cup sleeve reads, “I support Hye Kyo nuna and the ‘Now, We Are Breaking Up’ team!” The truck also includes encouraging banners.

The vertical one reads, “Please enjoy and cheer up,” and the horizontal one uses the drama’s title and reads, “Now, I Am Rooting For You.”

song-hye-kyo-park-hyung-sik-1.jpgsong-hye-kyo-park-hyung-sik1.jpg

Check out the details of Park Hyung Sik’s gift below!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPCM24DLq4_/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=34bf6f82-547f-4250-bc17-d908f4f4c978

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPAd07LDxKd/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=b9e449e6-0b5a-4edd-b56a-750cc25e6cca

*** Recently on website Ranker, a poll was created for fans of Korean dramas to vote for their favorite romantic comedy. While the resulting list is entirely subjective, these were the top 15 choices by fans on the poll!

The 15 Best Romantic Comedy K-Dramas Ever, Chosen By Fans

2. Strong Woman Do Bong-Soon

Starring Park Bo YoungPark Hyung Sik, and Ji SooStrong Woman Do Bong Soon is a 2017 K-Drama about a girl with superhuman strength that gets hired as a bodyguard by a rich heir of a gaming company, who helps her train to control her strength to use for good causes while they fall in love during the process.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.ranker.com/list/best-korean-romantic-comedy-dramas/molly-gander?ref=search

• 2 weeks later...

*** Korean dramas and reality shows are making their way into the TV markets of more diverse countries, including the Middle East and African countries, with the Korea Creative Content Agency (KOCCA) backing up distribution of the shows. In Africa, "Hwarang" was distributed. At first, there were concerns about airing the show with captions, instead of having voice-overs. But it turned out better that way, because now the viewers could enjoy the show more with the cast members' original voices, as well as learn Korean.  :luvarrow:

credit : Korea Times

• 3 weeks later...

*** It's reported that Jeon So Ni has been cast as the female lead for "The Golden Hairpin" where PHS is the male lead. I was hoping they would pick a more established actress for the role, though. PHS will go filming "Happiness" when he's done to this drama. Well, I liked her supporting role in Encounter. The adaptation is getting a totally different name, "Youth, Talking to the Moon". But, how come things are quiet for a few months about this drama, huh? I hope the drama will turn-out to be great since it's PHS's comeback drama.  :glee: