[Drama 2017] Tunnel 터널

larus

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Choi Jin Hyuk Shares His Opinions On VIXX’s N’s Acting In “Tunnel”

Choi-Jin-Hyuk-VIXX-N.jpg

On May 21, Choi Jin Hyuk appeared on a V Live broadcast, where he talked about his popular drama “Tunnel” coming to an end.

The actor first expressed how sad he was and revealed that he had cried after filming the last episode.

“I’m usually not the type to get sick but I had to visit the emergency room three or four times while filming this drama. I had to get some IV drips at the hospital, and I also lost a lot of weight,” he shared.

Choi-Jin-Hyuk-V-Live1.jpg

He also talked about VIXX’s N, who played the present day Park Gwang Ho in the drama. He praised the idol actor, saying, “I was a bit surprised. He acted a lot better than I had expected. His acting was really genuine despite his young age. I want to tell him that he did a great job.”

He then complimented N’s pretty looks, saying he had a really small face.

Choi-Jin-Hyuk-V-Live.jpg

“Tunnel” aired its final episode on May 21. You can watch it below on Viki!

https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/22/choi-jin-hyuk-shares-opinions-vixxs-ns-acting-tunnel/

At the end of episode 15, I was like "not again", and spent quite a while agonizing about why our wonderful team did not foresee that JY would be attacked...

I guess, I was not giving our writer enough credit  :tongue: This was one very well-written show, with great directing and brilliant acting. Nothing felt rushed, there was enough time given to tell the story, to flesh out all the characters, and yet it was thrilling and satisfactory right till the end!

One thing I noticed about the both recent OCN dramas, "Voice" and "Tunnel", was the importance placed on the victims. In "Voice", emphasis was placed on saving the victims. In "Tunnel", not forgetting the victims. My favorite scenes in the last episode were of the detectives going to each of the families and informing them that the killer had been caught. 

The last episode was emotion-packed and plenty of teary-eyes :bawling:...

A part of me wondered whether PKH had actually traveled trough the tunnel in the last scene (1988)? I thought maybe it was actually a scene showing what would have happened had he not time-traveled in the first place. However, when he was chasing the thief, just before he meets PKH88's mother, he says something to the effect of I have even time-traveled to catch a culprit :blush:

It was fun being part of this thread, and watching OCN break new records :D It was really enjoyable reading everybody's theories, comments , videos and pics etc. 

“Tunnel” Sets New OCN Record With Impressive Viewership Ratings For Final Episode

Tunnel2.jpg

OCN’s hit drama “Tunnel” has finished strong with record-breaking viewership ratings!

The finale that aired on May 21 gathered average viewership ratings of 6.5 percent and peaked at 7.1 percent. Within its target audience (people between the ages of 25 and 49), the drama scored average ratings of 7.2 percent and peaked at 8.1 percent.

OCN’s highest record of 5.9 percent ratings was previously held by drama “Squad 38.” With impressive viewership ratings of 6.5 percent, “Tunnel” has set a whole new record!

The drama has received lots of love for its suspenseful plot and talented actors

https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/22/tunnel-sets-new-ocn-record-impressive-viewership-ratings-final-episode/

15 hours ago, Chellsee said:

Choi Jin Hyuk Shares His Opinions On VIXX’s N’s Acting In “Tunnel”

On May 21, Choi Jin Hyuk appeared on a V Live broadcast, where he talked about his popular drama “Tunnel” coming to an end.

The actor first expressed how sad he was and revealed that he had cried after filming the last episode.

I’m usually not the type to get sick but I had to visit the emergency room three or four times while filming this drama. I had to get some IV drips at the hospital, and I also lost a lot of weight,” he shared.

He also talked about VIXX’s N, who played the present day Park Gwang Ho in the drama. He praised the idol actor, saying, “I was a bit surprised. He acted a lot better than I had expected. His acting was really genuine despite his young age. I want to tell him that he did a great job.”

He then complimented N’s pretty looks, saying he had a really small face.

“Tunnel” aired its final episode on May 21. You can watch it below on Viki!

https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/22/choi-jin-hyuk-shares-opinions-vixxs-ns-acting-tunnel/

@ChellseeInteresting, I thought he looked very pale and thin in the last episode. I didn't know he got so sick. It must be such a strain, to not be well and not want to let everyone, fellow actors and production team down in a drama by not showing up.  I was sort of surprised about his comments about N. He had a part in The Perfect Wife too.  But the comment about him having a small face, was sort of funny.  N, is extremely talented. I have noticed sometimes it takes a few dramas for the idols to hone their acting skills, but then many of them get really good. Koreans have great actors.

14 hours ago, MiAmour said:

me when Yeonho call PKW "appa", cant hold my tears omg :bawling:

i wish they could hug for the last time, but they just stared each other.. ;(

No matter how times l re-watching the ending part l am not able to control getting into teary eyes. 

As you said it, "It's so beautiful". 

6 hours ago, Mico Ricco said:

No matter how times l re-watching the ending part l am not able to control getting into teary eyes. 

As you said it, "It's so beautiful". 

This whole scene also felt like KH was giving away his daughter to SJ to take care...and that 90 degree bow he gave at the end as well :tears: 

Personally i think tunnel left an open ending.. usually viewers hate an open ending thingy.. but i think tunnel make ot beautifully.. d writer did a good job..

It can intepret to be happy or sad ending.. sorry about me being logically.. i think its a time loop (same thing that someone already said b4 in this thread).. future not much change.. if pkh be able to go to 2017 n met his daughter to save her.. then it means eventually yeon ho will left alone.. pkh n yeon seok maybe die, but in a different way.. since pkh still be a detective, everything could happen.. so yeon hoo still be a criminal profiler.. thats make sense if she met sungjae again in d future..

little sung jae will play with yeon ho but eventually they separate while his parents went to live in other place.. in d future they met again (d memory about their childhood will remain).. btw, i really like about memory remain concept.. its make sense in some way.. When sung jae grow up, he will knew about his mother death by himself or his father told him.. that will still make him a detective in d future..

young dr mok cant be catch without evidence.. d fountain pen already go back to d future.. also in d past there will be no technology to support this kind of evidence, so i think he still be a culprit until 2017..

About pkh88, when d scene of his mother said to baby pkh88, u will grow n be a detective like pkh who save her.. i think thats d key of this story.. d future will be d same.. nothing much changed, its just a bit variable within but d output is still d same..

Yeahh.. for now.. its happy to see all of them happy.. while in 2017 all of them got succeed to catch d culprit and while 1988, all of them in a happy mood.. its enough to end this story like that.. 30 years gap with its variable should be a different story.. thats why i also sense about season 2.. LOL

Overall I love this drama. Well well I like the emotional scenes on the last eps.
Although I can't say it's perfect because after KH going back to the past, of course he will create alternate timeline. He reunites with his family then Yoon Seok won't hide the Noel pen inside the Yeon Ho bear. But afterall, I guess the writer doesn't want to focus too much on the alternate timeline and time travel. 

Tunnel: Episode 15

by Saya

tunnel15-00022.jpg

What better way to gear up for the big finale than to take a journey through a murderer’s mind? For someone who likes to hide in the light, his underlying motives have so far remained hidden behind a sticky web of moral superiority. But it’s finally time to drag it all out into the harsh light of day, and if Jae-yi can’t do it, no one can…

EPISODE 15 RECAP

Dr. Mok takes time off work and throws cable ties and tape into the back of his car. We catch up with him later as he drives into the night. “So I am a serial killer,” he narrates. He says in voiceover that he had thirty years of peace where no one knew his secret, and it was so exhilarating that it made him laugh. But then recently, the other Park Kwang-ho had spotted him in the tunnel. Asking questions in the neighborhood nearby, he came to hear of the murder there thirty years ago. Dr. Mok says that it’s a problem that people still talk about dead people. (Well excuse you, I’m sure they don’t mean to inconvenience you.) Then, as we know, he killed young -ho.

He continues that he’s now come to realize that everything that happened was fated, and that destiny brought Kwang-ho, Sun-jae, and Jae-yi to him. He dissolves into wild cackling as he speeds off with Jae-yi gagged and bound in his trunk. At Jae-yi’s car, Kwang-ho calls her name in panic. Sun-jae rushes there and finds Kwang-ho slumped on the curb with a phone in each hand, repeating over and over that Jae-yi said she was coming right away. Sun-jae urges him up, and they go to check out the CCTV. They find just one snippet of Dr. Mok at Jae-yi’s car, presumably abducting her, but as the car leaves the school gates, they find no visible sign of Jae-yi inside. Horrified, they both suspect what that means.

Sung-shik and his team are on the scene, and he puts out an APB for Mok’s car. One of the forensic officers tells him that it looks like Jae-yi was drugged and shows him a syringe cap retrieved from her car. Meanwhile, Sun-jae and Kwang-ho track Mok’s car via traffic cameras and find that he went through the Hwayang tollgate forty minutes ago.

Spoiler

tunnel15-00091.jpg

On the road, Mok’s car starts juddering, and he pulls up to find his tire punctured. Back at the police station, the detectives have constructed a timeline, concluding that Mok’s purposeful movements mean he’s heading somewhere specific, but he’s using the highways to mask it. Min-ha wonders where the fountain pen could be, but Sun-jae replies that only Jae-yi knows that. Kwang-ho finally breaks his melancholy brooding to suggest that they look into every location Mok has had a connection to, including the places where he’s been a medical volunteer. Tae-hee and Min-ha look into Mok’s call records, credit card, and online activity, while Sung-shik continues to scan the highway CCTV. For a while, quiet reigns as everyone works at their tasks.

The mechanic Mok had to call out finishes patching up the tire. As he’s about to leave, he hears banging from the trunk, where Jae-yi is now awake and aware of his presence. Mok follows the mechanic ominously as he goes toward the sound. But at the last moment, a phone call from another customer sends him hurrying away. Jae-yi cries despairingly in the trunk as she hears him leave. But the trunk opens… and it’s Mok, needle in hand. He administers a shot and shuts the trunk again as she passes out. At the police station, the detectives have little luck finding anything on Mok, until Sung-shik gets off the phone wide-eyed and tells them that they’ve got a witness.

By now, it’s a new day. Over the phone, they get Mok’s location the night before from the mechanic, and Sun-jae discovers that it’s a town Mok once volunteered at. The mechanic also tells them about the strange sounds from the trunk, and Kwang-ho is horrified. The detectives head out in force. Mok now holds Jae-yi captive in an abandoned house, and the police must be close, because he hears their sirens. Led by Sung-shik, the party spread out to search, and Mok can actually see a police car right outside his window. But their search is fruitless, and Kwang-ho is disheartened, though Sun-jae tries to encourage him.

Spoiler

tunnel15-00211.jpg

Mok is relieved when the police pull out. He takes a seat opposite Jae-yi and tells her that he’ll ask her the whereabouts of the pen precisely three times, and if she doesn’t tell him by then, he’ll kill her. She doesn’t reply when he asks the first time, and smiling, he tells her she’s got two chances left. He suddenly seizes her by the throat and asks her a second time while violently choking her. He finally releases her, and between sobs, she tells him, “England.”

He doesn’t believe her at first, but she tells him that since she was adopted, all her childhood things are there. Warning her not to deceive him, he lets her talk to English Kate. She tells Kate that the fountain pen is with her bible in her old desk drawer, and instructs her to send it to her office. Jae-yi tells Mok it’ll get to them in three days, but something in her look tells me that she’s got a plan.

Spoiler

tunnel15-00244.jpg tunnel15-00238.jpg

Sun-jae’s Missing Persons contact calls him up to ask if anything’s up with Jae-yi, and says that English Kate told him about her weird call—something about a fountain pen? Jae-yi takes in her surroundings, noting a child’s drawing on the wall of a woman with her back turned, and a one-eyed boy left behind. (Seriously, what’s with the one eye?! What kid draws themselves with one eye?)

English Kate tells Sun-jae that Jae-yi’s desk doesn’t have any drawers, so she thought something was off. Telling her not to worry, Sun-jae instructs her to send any pen, along with the bible. To the team, he guesses that Jae-yi purposely bought them time, knowing word of her call to Kate would reach them.

Read more:: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/05/tunnel-episode-15/

I didn't like the final episode. We spent 15 episodes on catching a killer in a different time line that doesn't exist anymore. Every day that I watched this drama I was just waiting for him to catch the killer in his time line and stop the killings. But the last episode was just useless fluff rather than having this story go anywhere. What's the point of having somebody go through time and then not show how he's going to catch the killers in the past before they kill? Maybe I missed something because I was so frustrated with the last episode I kept having to leave and come back. I was going out of my mind.

Seriously why would he be able to go back home through the tunnel after catching a killer in a timeline that's gone now and then not show him catching the killer in the past? What's the point? The timeline doesn't exist anymore so it just doesn't even make sense that he'd have to catch the guy at all. He could just go back in the past at any time and catch him there.

I liked the idea of this show, the cast, and most of the show itself. But it was frustrating when smart people were doing stupid things. Why would the detectives NOT check if the killer was at his mothers house? Then why tape off the house and NOT look through his diary? They left that to the girl. Also when they found the microphone in the chess peice why just break it? They could have pretended not to find it then lured the killer out right then. They had the upper hand but he just broke it. And how did he even know it was a microphone? He's from the 80's.

It was still fun to watch but I could not get through the last episode. Why would the police guard her house on the OUTSIDE and not the inside? Then why draw out the entire episode to be a goodbye to this time line that will go away and not resolve the story that this show is about? This whole time I thought going into the future would be to help stop this all from happening in the past. And that they would SHOW this. It's what the show was building up towards. Or so I thought. 

I did like how we found out why there was another guy with his name.

Tunnel: Episode 16 (Final)

by TeriYaki

Tunnel16-00795.jpg

Kwang-ho’s time in the future proves that he makes a difference in the lives of the people around him, no matter what year it is. Through his example, he’s demonstrated to his team what’s at the heart of being a good detective, and Kwang-ho has learned a thing or two himself along the way. If he was willing, Kwang-ho might be happy where he is, but he’s waited for so long to return to Yeon-sook’s side. The only question is, can he find his way back?

FINAL EPISODE RECAP

Spoiler

Tunnel16-00016.jpg Tunnel16-00015.jpg

Jae-yi enters her apartment only to be thrown to the floor by Dr. Mok. He chokes her with his bare hands and promises, “Just like Corporal Park did to me, I’ll have to take away from him what he cherishes the most." The story then rewinds, and we see Jae-yi with Jin-woo’s journal. She reads how he marked the first victim with the fountain pen, a gift from his mother, and she realizes why Mok is desperate to have it back. Just then, Kwang-ho calls, frantic to know if Jae-yi is all right, and she tells him that she’s Mok’s next target. Kwang-ho and Sun-jae meet her in her office, and Jae-yi explains that Mok knows that she’s Kwang-ho’s daughter. Sun-jae realizes that Mok’s target is actually Kwang-ho, and Jae-yi explains that he wants to make her father feel the same agony that he felt over the loss of the pen.

Kwang-ho reminds Jae-yi about the time that her doorbell rang but no one was outside, certain that it was Dr. Mok. Kwang-ho reasons that the killer will attack her at home, and Jae-yi proposes that they should act normally if they want to catch him before assuring a worried Kwang-ho that he will be able to protect her. When Jae-yi comes home, the team monitors her from different vantage points. Sun-jae and Kwang-ho wait in a side yard, and when Mok attacks her, Kwang-ho breaks the side door’s window to get inside. Mok hurries to finish off Jae-yi, but her father manages to kick him away before it’s too late. Sun-jae cradles Jae-yi while Kwang-ho tangles viciously with Mok. After Kwang-ho manages to throw him to the ground, his fist hovers until he sees Mok smile, then he lands a blow to his face. He’s about to handcuff Mok, but he offers the opportunity to Sun-jae and passes over his cuffs.

Spoiler

Tunnel16-00110.jpg

The partners switch places, and Kwang-ho tends to Jae-yi as Sun-jae finally arrests the man who killed his mother so long ago. After Tae-hee and Min-ha lead Mok away, Sun-jae sits on the floor as the reality sets in. His voice shakes with emotion as he offers Kwang-ho his heartfelt thanks (oof, these two). News that the killer responsible for a series of little-known murders over thirty years ago, as well as two recent murders attributed to Jung Ho-young, hits the airwaves. After a call from his superintendent, the section chief apologizes to the Special Investigations Unit and cautions them, “If you find something strange, investigate it like a detective.” Sung-shik glances at Kwang-ho and comments that he learned that long ago.

Sung-shik explains to the team that even though the statute of limitations was reached with the old cases, he wants to make sure that Mok confesses to those crimes. He sends Sun-jae and Kwang-ho to interrogate Mok while he takes the Tae-Min duo to hunt for evidence at the doctor’s house. Dean Hong pays a visit to Jae-yi at home and voices her regret that she came to Hwayang University. Jae-yi is thankful to Dean Hong because she met someone that she was destined to meet—but even so, Dean Hong feels responsible that Jae-yi met someone like Dr. Mok.

Dean Hong understands that because Dr. Mok blended in as a well-respected and accomplished doctor, he posed a more serious threat than an obvious criminal like Jung Ho-young. She wonders if Dr. Mok will confess, and Jae-yi predicts that if he doesn’t confess, he won’t say anything at all.

Tunnel16-00244.jpg Tunnel16-00247.jpg

Kwang-ho tosses photos of Mok’s victims in front of him, and Sun-jae shows him the DNA results from the fountain pen. When Mok refrains from answering any questions, Sun-jae brings out his chess piece and tells him, “The game’s over, so just admit it.” But despite the detectives’ best efforts, Mok doesn’t say a word. Kwang-ho calls Jae-yi to ask if she’s found anything in the journal, but she says she’s still reviewing it.

Read more:: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/05/tunnel-episode-16-final/

i really like this drama, best police drama so far, not like other drama when the team had no coordination, clumsy, thoughtless, stupid, and just depend to heroin in solving the case or catching the criminal, also with ignorant supervisor, but the member of the team has each capability and depend on each other under sang shik supervision..

though we already knew the ending, we know that the present and past time not change so much..but it really touching when yeon ho called kwang hoo "dad" to confirm her affection and her love to kwang hoo..

the love fate between sung jae and yeon hoo started in past time...

the uncover of park kwang hoo 1988 identity was unexpected.. like shang shik word every park kwang hoo is really the true detective

oh yass... there's something not natural when min-ha found kwang hoo'88 phone...

anyway...overall i like this drama... the actor, the storyline, and the message was full packaged

anyone cant take other life with whatever reason though for better and peacefull world because everyone deserve to life and has right to life as a human, including the evil man who deserve to get second chance to become decent person

thanks chingus  for this 2 months, the recaps, the review, bts, clip, wrap party, news and analysis... see you in next drama....farewelll

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2017] Tunnel 터널

Really missed them 

They had a vacation at Guam

Spoiler

=======

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching

girlfriday

• Tunnel: Don’t leave me, Show. Why must you end? The internal conflict between wanting to know what happens and wanting it to go on forever is strong with this one. Damn my curiosity. Maybe if I lose the battle I’ll watch it again from the beginning just to live in denial a little longer.

tipsymocha

• Tunnel: Awww. I’ll miss this show so, so much. Given the premise, it was inevitable that the show would be compared to Signal, but while I think that the tvN drama put more thought into the time manipulation aspect, I was really invested in Tunnel’s characters and their relationships. I think my attachment to the team of lovable detectives and Jae-yi was strong enough that I wasn’t (too) bothered by the many unanswered questions I had at the end of the finale. Such as, did the present timeline cease to exist now that Kwang-ho’s gone back for good? Or will it carry on as a parallel universe? Did Kwang-ho ever catch young Mok Jin-woo in the past? Wait, but in the original present timeline, our Kwang-ho wouldn’t have been there to make sure 1988’s Kwang-ho was safely born… Eugh, now my head hurts.

cr

13 minutes ago, MiAmour said:

Really missed them 

Me too. I did not get a chance to say goodbye to this show last week when it has ended but I want to say that it was a satisfying drama to watch for me.

I am glad they had a vacation together too. Choi Jin hyuk has another drama offer so soon and I have a feeling he will accept the role. Yoon Hyun min`s hair is tragic (for me:lol:) but he is still handsome.  Love all Tunnel Team.

A curiosity... The sign with the finger at the nose has a significance? (the first picture in this page). 

A bit late. But I want to share how I love this drama. Daebak..

Great plot, great story, superb acting.

An open-ended story that even the series ended, viewers will create an ending. Salute to the great imagination of the writer. I really had the great time and really enjoyed it while watching the series.

Archived