[Drama 2017] My Father is Strange 아버지가 이상해

Go Seung Ji

KBS2 Presents

My Father is Strange 아버지가 이상해

Director

Lee Jae Sang

(Lovers of Music, My too Perfect Sons, "Three Fathers, One Mother")

Writer

Lee Jung Sun

(You're All Surrounded, Ojakgyo Brothers)

Episodes: 52

Broadcast Period

2017-March-04 to 2017-Aug-27, Saturday & Sunday 19:55

Synopsis

This drama is about a family that lives on the outskirts of Seoul. Byun Han Soo (Kim Young Chul) is the father and His wife, Na Young Sil (Kim Hae Sook) is a dedicated, responsible mother to his three daughters and one son including Hye Young (Lee Yoo Ri), Mi Young (Jung So Min), Ra Young (Ryu Hwa Young) and Joon Young (Min Jin Woong).

Suddenly one day, Ahn Joong Hee (Lee Joon) shows up at the household, and declares that he is the son of the family. Joong Hee is an actor who used to be a member of an idol group. He begins to live with them… [Koreandrama]

Production Information

"My Father is Weird" takes over the KBS2 Saturday & Sunday 19:55-time slot previously occupied by "The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop"

1. Kim So-Yeon was first cast as older sister Hye-Young, but dropped out prior to the first script reading and filming. 
  2. First script reading took place early January, 2017.
  3. Press Conference to be held on 28th of February.

Cast

Kim Young Chul as Byun Han Soo 

Hansu is a man who only knows how to work at home and in the workplace. He loves his wife and his family. This diligent father has a secret that he can never tell out to the world.

Kim Hae Sook as Na Young Shil

Yeongsil and Hansu have three daughters and one son to take care of. She even has to support her younger brother's family. She knows her husband's huge secret. But, thinking of her children, she doesn't regret her choice.

Lee Joon as Ahn Joong Hee 

Junghui is a movie actor who is originally from an idol group. He loves acting but he's not good. He's actually bad at acting so he's not given a chance to do acting. Because of Director Jeonghwan, he becomes famous for his bad acting. Without knowing whether it's a good thing or a bad thing, he tries hard to get better at acting.

Ryo Soo Young as Cha Jung Hwan

Jeonghwan works as a TV producer who finds it challenging to make a successful program. Meanwhile, he meets his first love Hyeyeong after a long time. The fact that she's still as attractive as she was when she was young makes him angry at first. At the same time, he starts to fall in love with her again from the moment they meet.

Lee Yoo Ri as Byun Hye Young 

Hyeyeong has a secure job in one of the most famous law firms in the city. She may look a bit cold from the outside, but she knows how to deal with problems very well. One day, she meets her ex-boyfriend. After getting him involved in her life once again, she begins to think about marriage.

Jung So Min as Byun Mi Young 

Miyeong is the youngest daughter in the family. After being out of work for many years, she finally earns a job. Poor Miyeong... Her boss is one of her classmates who used to bully her at school. Could she complete the internship successfully?

Min Jin Woong as Byun Joon Young 

Ryu Hwa Young as Byun Ra Young

Lee Mi Do as Kim Yoo Joo

Ahn Hyo Seop as Park Chul Soo

Lee Joon Hyuk as Na Young Sik

Jang So Yeon as Lee Bo Mi

Jung Joon Won as Na Min Ha

Park Hye Sook as Kim Mal Boon

Kang Suk Woo as Cha Gyu Taek

Song Ok Suk as Oh Beok Nyeo

Sources: Asianwiki| Dramawiki | Koreandrama | Official KBS Site | Daum | KBSWORLD

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Go Seung Ji said:

I still do not know who the writer is

@Go Seung Ji, according to Dramabeans, the writer is  Lee Jung Sun

I have not seen anything by her, but I heard lots of good comments about Ojakgyo Brothers 

16 hours ago, sava2sava said:

I know I seen three fathers and a mother

@sava2sava, I loved that rom com.  That is where I first saw the 3 male leads: Jae Hee, Jo Hyun-Jae, and Shin Sung-Rok.

I hope Kim Hae-Sook and Kim Young-Chul confirm......

Hello @Go Seung Jidragonhiplz.gif?1 Thank You for starting this thread. I was wondering what drama is going to follow Laurel Tree Tailors. I'm so happy that it will be a drama W/Lee Joon:wub:. Count me in I'm loving the KBS weekend dramas. I love Kim So Yeon too.

@irilight Hello sister This is going to be fun. I'm happy your on board.

@sava2sava It wouldn't feel like a weekend drama w/out you. I'm happy your on board too. I loved Three Fathers and a Mother!

I read about this drama yesterday but not even in my wildest dreams thought that Kim So Yeon will play in this drama. A week- end family drama again? :sweatingbullets: Hope it is a good drama and her role is interesting. She will be pair with Lee Joon? A noona romance? Let see how it will be this pair. Or maybe they are not romantically involved in the story. Maybe he will be the brother...

Reading that Joo Jin-mo was originally courted to play the protagonist I am a little sad. I wanted so bad a reunion with my girl in another project! Hope they will have this opportunity again. 

I wonder if Kim Young Chul will play her father again.:) I am not sure if Jung So Min will be paired with the protagonist at this point. I bet she and Soyeon are playing sisters. I think I need more information about this drama. Hope will have the cast soon. If it is a February drama, they have to start the filming.

This is a family drama. I read that the main family has three daughters. I watched just one family drama so I am not an expert but from what I know, all three daughters will have a romantic interest. It is more evident that Lee joon will be paired with Jung Soo Min, who I assume will play the youngest daughter. Kim Soyeon  will play the second daughter, a lawyer.

I think Kim so yeon will be paired with Kim Sang Kyung. That makes more sense. I don`t think Lee Joon will play the role instead of Joo Jin Mo. Kim Sang Kyung is similar in age with Joo Jin Mo. It is not my dream reunion :tears: but it is still a reunion. Kim so yeon and Kim Sang Kyung played together in 2004 Human Market. She played the second lead there and she had a crush on Lee sang Kyung`s character. From unrequited love to romantic interest. It is something new for this pair. :)

Casting news...

Kim Sang Kyung received the proposal to play in Father is Weird, to play the role of Cha Jeong-hwan who will have a romance with Kim So yeon`s character. So, mystery is solved. So we have to wait if he will accept the role. 

201612151635771287_58524854650ee.jpg

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110552825

The article says that Kim Sang-kyung's agency told OSEN, "The Synopsis of 'My father is strange' has only been passed on to the management team, and the actor has not even reviewed it."  

32 minutes ago, Go Seung Ji said:

Yeah, basically in weekend family dramas, fathers and mothers are the main character and then come their daughters and sons with their individual love lines.

Can't wait to get to know the full cast.

It will be my first family drama that have so many couples and story-lines.  I hope I will like it because I am stuck with this show.

Yeah... I can`t wait to know the whole cast and more information about the character and family relationships.  It is a mystery why the father was hiding his identity for so many years and why he accepts a "son" in the family knowing that he is not his biological son.

I wonder about the genre. It is a family comedy drama? It doesn`t sound like a melodrama but who knows?

Kim So-yeon joins cast of ‘Father is Strange’

Dec 16,2016

15202201.jpg

Actress Kim So-yeon is joining singer-turned-actor Lee Joon for the upcoming KBS2 drama “Father is Strange.”

The two will be taking the leading roles in the upcoming drama. The show will be about the story of a father who reveals his identity to his children in the midst of their marriage preparations.

The upcoming drama will take the timeslot of “The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop,” and is to be directed by Lee Jae-sang, who previously directed KBS2 drama “Bel Ami” (2013) and “Trot Lovers” (2014).

Kim is a veteran actress who appeared in nearly 30 television productions since her debut in 1994. She was cast in the critically acclaimed 2009 KBS2 drama “Iris,” and later made a special appearance in its sequels. She recently starred in the MBC drama “Happy Home,” which ended in August.

“I’m happy that I’m able to take on a new character so soon after the conclusion of my previous drama,” Kim said. “I chose to become involved with this drama in order to challenge myself.”

Her co-star Lee Joon is a former member of the K-pop band Mblaq. He has been keeping busy this year as an actor, and recently starred in the comedy blockbuster “Luck-key.”

By Chung Jin-hong

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=3027498

Kim So-yeon confirms KBS weekend drama Father Is Weird

by tineybeanie | December 15, 2016 | 1 Comment

ksy0.jpg

More information regarding KBS family drama Father Is Weird has been released with new actors joining and others confirming their roles. Kim So-yeon (All’s Well With a Happy Home) has been added as the latest member of the cast, as the eldest daughter of the central family. Father Is Weird is purported to be a warm feel-good drama centered around a family living in the suburbs of Seoul.

The titular patriarch of the family will be played by Kim Young-chul, who coincidentally also played Kim So-yeon’s father in their last project, All’s Well With a Happy Home. The similarities don’t end there. For Happy Home, he played the owner of a Chinese restaurant, and for this upcoming drama, he’s been cast as the owner of a snack restaurant. He loves his wife and four kids, but has been hiding a deep secret for many years.

Read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/12/kim-so-yeon-confirms-kbs-weekend-drama-father-is-weird/

On 12/16/2016 at 2:45 AM, Go Seung Ji said:

I was sure she will confirm for this drama.

정소민, ‘아버지가 이상해(가제)’출연 확정...김소연·이준과 호흡

http://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1L59OPN5G4

From Google translation, the drama It is a comic and warm family drama as I`ve suspected already.

More casting news. Young actress Ryu Hwa-young might join the cast.

기사이미지

http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno=2016121608444524298

Ryu Hwa-young`s agency said that she has been meeting with KBS2's new weekend drama 'My father is strange', but it has not been decided yet."

I don`t know who she is and the article doesn`t say what role she will play if she will confirm.

Archived