[Drama 2017] My Father is Strange 아버지가 이상해

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EP 15

I could say that Young Sil was being selfish becase if you see the issue from Father’s point of view,  he is right when he said that Joung   Hee grew up thinking that his father abandoned him.  Actually he has a lonely life and miss a father he never met and wondering how it would feel if he had a father. 

Also I can understand Young Sil perfectly,  because HS could loss the respect and love of his kids. For the Kids he has been a model and loving father. They have been not a perfect family but an harmonious and exemplary one, and all of these is in risk because of JH. boohoo crazy rabbit

It seem like there is something emerging between MY and JH because the way they see each other and when during the shot the other actor approach her to greet and immediately he came between them. I know JH is a jerk, but he is like a little kid too, and when people humiliate him like that I feel sad. looser crazy rabbit

BTW father made a mistake telling JH in advance that all the family agreed that to him moving with them. For ep 16 will be a lot of drama drama crazy rabbit

On 4/17/2017 at 3:34 PM, denny said:

These are my speculative musings on why the real YS switched identities with the real HS.  The nightclub explosion happened in LA in 1982. YS had just arrived in LA from Korea at the urging of his friend, HS.  YS says to HS, "if it weren't for you, I'd be..."  Next, he says, "Thanks to you, I regained hope."  In the 1980's, Chun Doo-hwan was the head of a brutal and repressive dictatorship in Korea.  Perhaps, YS was a political dissident, in danger of being imprisoned by the Chun regime. He could not safely return to Korea under his own identity so his sweetheart,YoungShil urged him to return using the identity of HS and using as her trump card, her pregnancy.  Piling speculation on top of speculation, HS and YS are orphans and grew up in the same orphanage. HS's ex- wife moved out of the country and no one knows about her child so -- no problem there to the identity switch.

@denny  I thought HS Ex wife passed away this is why I thought why JH looked for his real father..  Not just because of it has and affect on his acting ability but on a need to know basis..

YS wife I'm not getting her I do understand now why dad wanted to be a father to JH being that he's still living under his friend identity.. But how could the wife protest to such a request when even her own children are living under the dead friends identity.. She should have put a stop to it the minute they came back to Korea..  

2 hours ago, camichi said:

EP 15

I could say that Young Sil was being selfish becase if you see the issue from Father’s point of view,  he is right when he said that Joung   Hee grew up thinking that his father abandoned him.  Actually he has a lonely life and miss a father he never met and wondering how it would feel if he had a father. 

Also I can understand Young Sil perfectly,  because HS could loss the respect and love of his kids. For the Kids he has been a model and loving father. They have been not a perfect family but an harmonious and exemplary one, and all of these is in risk because of JH. boohoo crazy rabbit

It seem like there is something emerging between MY and JH because the way they see each other and when during the shot the other actor approach her to greet and immediately he came between them. I know JH is a jerk, but he is like a little kid too, and when people humiliate him like that I feel sad. looser crazy rabbit

BTW father made a mistake telling JH in advance that all the family agreed that to him moving with them. For ep 16 will be a lot of drama drama crazy rabbit

what young shil does is right too, she is worried for her hubby first, but her hubby is a really good man, he can't say no to thing, and he has live in regret for so long, young shil is afraid what will happen if their secret got leaked.

I really think the father has love ahn joonghee so much and has think of him as his son, even though they're not related at all. I wonder what will happen if Joonghee knows he is not his father, that will be pain to him, but at least he got to taste the happiness of a family and having a father.

Jin sungjoon is a jerk too, now I know why ahn joonghee doesn't like him. when did miyoung and jin sungjoon met? I think they did not show it.

26 minutes ago, eyjooniesh said:

Jin sungjoon is a jerk too, now I know why ahn joonghee doesn't like him. when did miyoung and jin sungjoon met? I think they did not show it.

They met 8 years ago when Sung Joon was looking for HY to get an explanation about why she broke up with him. I can’t remember de episode and the scène was a flashback, he was in front of her house and HY told MY that he was someone that was bothering her and sent her to attend the door and MY used her judo with him.

2 hours ago, camichi said:

They met 8 years ago when Sung Joon was looking for HY to get an explanation about why she broke up with him. I can’t remember de episode and the scène was a flashback, he was in front of her house and HY told MY that he was someone that was bothering her and sent her to attend the door and MY used her judo with him.

Oh this I remember, it's Cha Junghwan PD not Jin Sungjoon, probably the acting of the guy who played as jin sungjoon is not that memorizable, it's the actor who's younger and more popular than joonghee whom play as his counterpart in "OH my boss" miniseries, he "hi" miyoung first which made ahn joonghee stand up to block her from jin sungjoon

on a sidenote, i really thrilled when Junghwan yelled at his omma to make her go and later apologize for it, he's like a psycho lolll

2 hours ago, sava2sava said:

I thought HS Ex wife passed away this is why I thought why JH looked for his real father..  Not just because of it has and affect on his acting ability but on a need to know basis..

joonghee's mother is still alive right? he talk with her on the phone if i'm not mistaken during the early episode

Yes Joong Hee's mother is alive he even considered while talking to her to ask about his father but he decided not to. Then he asked the uncle for the photo.

The other actor seems interested in Mi Young he even remembered her. Do you recall the director threatening to send Mi Young to him ,so it was not an idle threat that guy may have asked for her. Is he yanking Joong Hee's chain or genuinely interested in her. I love the way Joong Hee blocked his view of her. I think he is not aware of her as a woman more like a blossoming friendship that is someone he can confide in and he does not want anyone else to take her from him. Interesting dynamic that will be shattered when he steps into the Byun household.

Byun Han Soo is such a good man he never once tried to force his wife or speak roughly or even use manipulation like pointing out that it was her idea that he use his friend's identity. Instead he quietly suffered until she gave in . It is true too that she is more eloquent, when she broke down all the reasons I could not fault her reasoning . She loves him though and could not stand to see him suffer. What a beautiful relationship and such a stark contrast to Jung Hwan's mum and his father who seems to really dislike the wife and feels he is superior to her.

As someone else speculated here it is obvious he was being chased by the authorities since he has no bank account,no driver's licence and has been living under the radar all these years. A political dissident is the accurate summation someone here made.

Archived