[Drama 2017] My Father is Strange 아버지가 이상해

Go Seung Ji

I couldn’t expect Mi Yound being so firm and strong facing Yoo Joo, she was clear, she doesn’t want her as her family. Mi Young is my heroine, she knows that YJ is not sincere, she even can’t imagine how Mi Young was hurt by her and how deep her scars are.
The first time Yoong Hee has empathy for someone else. He toll Mi Young not to cry when they were drinking, he was nice at that moment.
The mystery between Hon Soo and Young Sil. Father wanted to correct the mistake about his identity at the hospital but his girlfriend (Young Sil) did not let him. 
His friend invited him to LA to help him, but why? What he and Young Sil did wrong in Korea?
Father s friend got divorce but he had a baby (Joong Hee). JH believes that his father is alive and feel his father abandoned him after divorce and made another family. But when in the future Joong Hee mother appears and see father and tell JH that he’s not the real Hon Soo?
 They never could imagine Hon Soo” s Son could look for him.

My English is killing me:ph34r:

7 hours ago, RayaAplus said:

The woman in flashback is Na Young Shil (Byun Hye Young, Byun Mi Young, Byun Joon Young and mom) not Joong Hee mom. She was talking about being pregnant with her first son. She asked Papa Byun to keep his dead friend Han Soo name for a reason we don't know yet.

@RayaAplus You are right. The woman at the hospital is Young Sil (Mother) Not JH mother. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, camichi said:

I couldn’t expect Mi Yound being so firm and strong facing Yoo Joo, she was clear, she doesn’t want her as her family. Mi Young is my heroine, she knows that YJ is not sincere, she even can’t imagine how Mi Young was hurt by her and how deep her scars are.
The first time Yoong Hee has empathy for someone else. He toll Mi Young not to cry when they were drinking, he was nice at that moment.
The mystery between Hon Soo and Young Sil. Father wanted to correct the mistake about his identity at the hospital but his girlfriend (Young Sil) did not let him. 
His friend invited him to LA to help him, but why? What he and Young Sil did wrong in Korea?
Father s friend got divorce but he had a baby (Joong Hee). JH believes that his father is alive and feel his father abandoned him after divorce and made another family. But when in the future Joong Hee mother appears and see father and tell JH that he’s not the real Hon Soo?
 They never could imagine Hon Soo” s Son could look for him.

My English is killing me:ph34r:

So, what I understand is the real BHS and his wife were divorced and real BHS did not know his xwife was pregnant so new BHS and wife did not know about her and the baby.  What I forgot was what happened to JH's mother - did she die? or abandon him? Because he still has her name "Ahn", and what I am not sure about is that she is still alive? 

58 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

So, what I understand is the real BHS and his wife were divorced and real BHS did not know his xwife was pregnant so new BHS and wife did not know about her and the baby.  What I forgot was what happened to JH's mother - did she die? or abandon him? Because he still has her name "Ahn", and what I am not sure about is that she is still alive? 

She's still alive in Canada or America, in first 5 episodes, Joong Hee called his mother and asking how's life, due to her newfound family...

He didn't know because his ex-wife didn't know either. She realized that right after they divorce. What they could do? Nothing. So after they decided to take Byun Han Soo's name, they've been shadowing AMJ (JH's mother), or at least LYS (now we call him BHS).

Reasoning will be the biggest question, but I assume that they can't effort to clarify the name. So many official papers should be signed and taken care of. It's like 'dead person' coming 'alive', it'll be ridiculous after all.

These are my speculative musings on why the real YS switched identities with the real HS.  The nightclub explosion happened in LA in 1982. YS had just arrived in LA from Korea at the urging of his friend, HS.  YS says to HS, "if it weren't for you, I'd be..."  Next, he says, "Thanks to you, I regained hope."  In the 1980's, Chun Doo-hwan was the head of a brutal and repressive dictatorship in Korea.  Perhaps, YS was a political dissident, in danger of being imprisoned by the Chun regime. He could not safely return to Korea under his own identity so his sweetheart,YoungShil urged him to return using the identity of HS and using as her trump card, her pregnancy.  Piling speculation on top of speculation, HS and YS are orphans and grew up in the same orphanage. HS's ex- wife moved out of the country and no one knows about her child so -- no problem there to the identity switch.

4 hours ago, maddymappo said:

JH mother is in America. I understood JH was already born when their parents got divorce. Who was pregnant before married was Ra Young,  She was the girl in the hospital. The girlfriend of the fake Hon Soo.(Father). 

crazy rabbit

1 hour ago, denny said:

These are my speculative musings on why the real YS switched identities with the real HS.  The nightclub explosion happened in LA in 1982. YS had just arrived in LA from Korea at the urging of his friend, HS.  YS says to HS, "if it weren't for you, I'd be..."  Next, he says, "Thanks to you, I regained hope."  In the 1980's, Chun Doo-hwan was the head of a brutal and repressive dictatorship in Korea.  Perhaps, YS was a political dissident, in danger of being imprisoned by the Chun regime. He could not safely return to Korea under his own identity so his sweetheart,YoungShil urged him to return using the identity of HS using as her trump card, her pregnancy.  Piling speculation on top of speculation, HS and YS are orphans and grew up in the same orphanage. HS's ex- wife moved out of the country and no one knows about her child so -- no problem there to the identity switch.

I like your theory, it makes sense, the political enviroment. At the begining of the drama I even considered he was North Korean.

6 hours ago, camichi said:
I love these two...OMG. I want the romance starts please writer.  smileys

Probably it still early for the romance, they will have to get to know each other first, but it seems they're alike in some way and can relate to each other, imo it's the first time they showed Joonghee feeling empathy for someone and it is Miyoung, even his manager, Taeboo is not getting a little bit empathy from him , and also his psychiatric ex-girlfriend in the 1st episode said he's got some mental disorder, lacking sense of humanity. I was surprise when Joonghee even noticed Miyoung looked sullen when they're watching movie about Dad in the room, and he keeps looking at her :wub: for sure he doesn't have feeling or didn't even start developing feeling for her yet, but the 'feeel' is already there:heart:

But first Miyoung gonna have to warned her family about Joonghee who has evil plan to them XD and she has to accept him as her oppa other than Joonyoung :bawling: I can't imagine how they will have romance in this drama if that's the case

I liked the detail in the scene in front of the market.

Miyoung took the can and wiped it with her sleeve, and Joonghee followed all of that with and interested look.

At this moment when they started getting closer, there is going to be a misunderstanding.

when I saw Junghwan & Joonghee in the preview for this week episode, I suddenly thought that they may be biological siblings and Junghwan's father is actually the third boy in the Judo's picture other than byun hansoo & lee yeonsook (since this show always connected everyone together so I came to that conclusion) 

It could be the real byun hansoo got divorced with Joonghee's mother because she was caught having affair with Junghwan's appa, and this revelation could led to Junghwan's appa regretted what he's doing and start apologizing to his wife, "the zebra ahjumma"

or maybe my imagination has gone wild lol, 

Archived