Notifications

apqaria

Question

Hi, 

Seems there has been a problem with the notification lately. Not sure if this was mentioned by someone else.

But usually I used to see red mark with the number on the notifications or messages once I get message or like...etc but lately I don't see it unless I click on them and then I see the red mark on it later and that happens even after I already checked them.

Could you please check that? Hope I am described the problem clearly :) 

Thanks

14 answers to this question

hi @apqaria,

I still see the notifications and PM's but it's working a bit dodgy to say the least.

Try refreshing with CTRL+F5. If that doesn't work, remove your browserhistory and cookies up to the point you remember when it did work. That should fix your problem. If not, we're working on it! :) 

Hello,

I joined this forum last night and having loads of trouble since then. Seems like I can't upload a profile picture as every time I try I am redirected to the home page. The searchbar doesn't work always. Then there is this notification problem- I can see the red circle with numbers and I am assuming those are notifications but when I click on them all I get is the page getting shadowy, like when a pop-up window comes up. It's really annoying face so many problems just after joining. Hope someone can help me and instruct me what to do.

Thanks.

@abhishikta Welcome to our forum and I deeply apologise for the trouble you're experiencing. We've had an update to the forum recently which has brought new problems to light. Those problems are being fixed as we speak, but any new problem you may encounter would be much appreciated if you report them to us!

It seems your profile picture is working properly at the moment and I assume those problems have been fixed, correct?

The problem you mention with the notifications is a known problem and under investigation. Mousing over them makes the notification go away, at least for me. You might want to try that.

As said, should you encounter anything else, please let us know. And once again: welcome to our forum! I hope you enjoy the wonderfull world of K-Pop, just like the rest of us :) 

@CamelKnight Thanks so much for clarifying things such precise way. Yes, my issues regarding the profile picture and viewing the notifications have resolved for now. :)

I don't know if I should ask it here, and if not then I apologize for my ignorance, but could you please tell me how to insert a pic into a post? The URL inserting seems not to be working and someone told me that I have to upload the pics in a image hosting or something. I didn't understand the process and hence seeking help. 

Thanks.

@abhishikta No problem at all :) Happy to help!

If the picture is already on the Internet you can simply link to the picture. The link will turn into the picture once you paste it here (with CTRL+V).

If the picture is on your computer you need to upload to the Internet first. There are many sites that allow you to upload pictures. After that you can proceed with copying the link to the picture again and paste it here.
For instance the link to this adorable picture of Park Bo Young would be this:
http://star.koreandrama.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Park-Bo-Young-16.jpg
Park-Bo-Young-16.jpg

Hit enter after copying it and it displays as the picture above. Adorable aint she? :) 

@CamelKnight- Thanks for the help!:) 

But I usually use my phone as I have to travel a lot and I tried your methods only to face the same issue. I copy pasted the link but didn't see any picture preview. It just stayed that way. Only the link. Will the pic show only after I post it? That sounds uncertain anyway. Can you give me any suggestion regarding it? 

Thanks. And also sorry for bothering timetime and again. 

@abhishikta no problem, it's what I'm here for :)

No, the picture should show immediately after hitting enter. You might want to post the URL on a new line, see if that works. Though it might be because you're on a phone. If I'm not mistaken on a mobile device you can't post pictures, only links. I'm tired, it's late.... @Hanyeoun care to jump in to see if I'm mistaken again? :P 

18 hours ago, abhishikta said:

@CamelKnight- Thanks for the help!:) 

But I usually use my phone as I have to travel a lot and I tried your methods only to face the same issue. I copy pasted the link but didn't see any picture preview. It just stayed that way. Only the link. Will the pic show only after I post it? That sounds uncertain anyway. Can you give me any suggestion regarding it? 

Thanks. And also sorry for bothering timetime and again. 

If you use a mobile phone to post pictures, they should show immediately after pressing enter in the edit box like @CamelKnight mentioned. It could take some time to load pictures as well.

Although if that doesn't work, it could be an indicator that your mobile isn't supported by the platform (although I really doubt this would be the case).

@Hanyeoun Hi!

Thanks for the reply. I was able to post a youtube vid, but still can't post any photos. Whenever I paste the link it just stays that way. I tried to shorten the link, tried using 'insert URL' option but nothing worked yet. I do most of my surfing and internet stuff through my phone, so, I doubt it's related to version issues. I can't even provide you a screenshot to make it easy for you to understand. And by 'edit box' so you mean the comment box? Hate to bother you so much, sorry. 

Thanks. 

@abhishikta ASUS makes phones now? Well waddayaknow....

That shouldn't be a problem really. Android works fine with our forums. It might be a setting in your browser. Have you updated to the latest version? If so, I'm afraid I'm unable to help you. It seems you've got everything in order to make it work but it simply doesn't. 

Perhaps @Hanyeoun has another brilliant idea. It doesn't happen often, but who knows.... ;) 

@Hanyeoun But most of the sites, like fb or pinterest, don't allow simply copying a pic. There also I'll have to copy the link. Well... seems like we just ran out of options. Too bad, as it's really bland to engage in a fanpage where I won't be able to post anything other than texts. But thanks anyway! You guys helped as much as you could.:)

Archived