Email Notifications not working

deltos

Question

HI...it's seems that email notifications for forums I use no longer work. I have cleared my cache, gone into notification setting and re-set my notification protocols and still I have to physically go to the forum to see if there are any updates. Is there anything else I can do besides just leaving the page open and refreshing a lot.. ?

3 answers to this question

7 hours ago, CamelKnight said:

@deltos you could try refreshing a bit less? :P 

Just kidding though :) 

Are you receiving any messages at all? You might want to try checking the spam folder for your mailaccount. I know my hotmail account sends just about everything to the spam folder (I get a bit bombarded with messages from time to time ;) ) and that might be your problem too.

If not, let me know and we'll see if we can find a different solution!

Well as Mr Murphy of the firm Murphy's law says, when you take steps to correct a problem, the problem will always correct itself on it's own; hence, making you look like a DoDo head.  Notifications are working now... thanks for the reply !

@deltos you could try refreshing a bit less? :P 

Just kidding though :) 

Are you receiving any messages at all? You might want to try checking the spam folder for your mailaccount. I know my hotmail account sends just about everything to the spam folder (I get a bit bombarded with messages from time to time ;) ) and that might be your problem too.

If not, let me know and we'll see if we can find a different solution!

2 hours ago, deltos said:

Well as Mr Murphy of the firm Murphy's law says, when you take steps to correct a problem, the problem will always correct itself on it's own; hence, making you look like a DoDo head.  Notifications are working now... thanks for the reply !

These inter-tubes are hard. :)

Archived