(Punch, The Women's Room)

Writer

Park Kyung Soo

(Punch, Empire of Gold, The Chaser)

Episodes: 17 

Broadcast Period

2017-March-27 to 2017-May-23, Monday & Tuesday 22:00

About the Show

Shin Young Joo (Lee Bo Young) is a female detective, a section chief with charisma, although she spends most of her time with petty criminals. She has to pay the debt of her family and speaks often harshly, but inside she has a golden heart. Meanwhile, Lee Dong Joon (Lee Sang Yoon) is a righteous elite judge, brilliant in mind, but with a warm heart and he has always a friendly ear for those, who are weak. Both work together to solve a case of corruption, involving the greatest law firm of the nation, Taebak, which turns out to be one of the biggest scandals ever.

Production Information

1. "Whisper" took over the SBS Monday & Tuesday 22:00-time slot previously occupied by "Defendant" and will be replaced by "My Sassy Girl" May 2017.
  2. Early working title was "Jinkyeok" ("Advance").
  3. Lee Sang-Yoon and Lee Bo-Young previously starred together drama in 2012-2013 KBS2 drama series “Seo-Young, My Daughter.”
  4. Filming for "Whisper" began February 1, 2017.

Cast of Characters

Main Cast

Lee Bo Young as Shin Young Joo

Lee Sang Yoon as Lee Dong Joon

Kwon Yul as Kang Jung Il

Park Se Young as Choi Soo Yeon

Supporting Cast

Yoon Joo Hee as Hwang Bo Yeon
Kim Kap Soo as Choi Il Hwan
Kim Hong Fa as Kang Yoo
Taek
Kang Shin Il as Sin Chang Ho (Young Joo’s father)
Kim Hae Sook as Kim Sook Hee (Young Joo’s mother)
Kim Chang Hwan as Lee Ho Bum (Dong Joon’s father)
Kim Seo Ra as Jung Mi Kyung (Dong Joon’s mother)
Moon Hee Kyung as Yoon Jung Ok
Kim Hyung Mook as Song Tae Gon
Kim Roe Ha as Baek Sang Goo
Jo Dal Hwan as Jo Kyung Ho
Lee Hyun Jin as Park Hyun Soo
Heo Jae Ho as Noh Ki Yong
Jung Yi Yun as Jo Yeon Hwa
Jo Seung Yoon as Lee Dong Min
Chae Dong Hyun as Police Detective
Lee Kyung Jin

Source: Asianwiki| Dramawiki | Koreandrama | Official

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally, Park Kyung Soo`s drama is ready! But if Lee Bo Young is doing SBS drama it means that she is not the lead in tvN drama Mother? Or she will do both dramas?

The writer decided to go with the police and law force subject after all.

Edit: I just read that it is not confirmed yet but I think it is almost official.  She is in the process of coordinating details. Another thread mentioned that she confirmed Mother too. It`s confusing. 

3 hours ago, larus said:

Finally, Park Kyung Soo`s drama is ready! But if Lee Bo Young is doing SBS drama it means that she is not the lead in tvN drama Mother? Or she will do both dramas?

The writer decided to go with the police and law force subject after all.

Edit: I just read that it is not confirmed yet but I think it is almost official.  She is in the process of coordinating details. Another thread mentioned that she confirmed Mother too. It`s confusing. 

2 hours ago, Go Seung Ji said:

She may go with both. As "Mother" is going to air later in 2017.

Ahhh... so she may cast in 2 dramas. I just left my post on the other thread, without knowing this thread. Okay, Lee Bo-young and writer Park Kyung-soo, I have to check this drama. Since both are my favourite actress and writer....

• 1 month later...

Lee Sang-yoon offered lead role in SBS's "Whisper"

photo810011.jpg

The offer is out to Lee Sang-yoon for SBS's upcoming suspense drama "Whisper". His acceptance is still pending, but with an offer already out to Lee Bo-young to star, "Whisper" is looking better and better.

If they both accept, Lee Sang-yoon and Lee Bo-young would reunite for the first time since their 2013 hit drama, "My Daughter Seo-yeong". I'm a fan of both actors, so the prospect of seeing them together again is pretty exciting. "Whisper" will be written by Park Kyeong-soo and directed by Lee Myeong-woo, whose last project together, "Punch - Drama" was well-received, though not a huge hit, ratings-wise.

In the same vein as "Punch - Drama", "Whisper" delves into a world of corruption, this time at one of the largest law firms in South Korea. Lee Sang-yoon is up for the role of an elite judge of the Seoul District Court who stands up for the weak, while Lee Bo-young is up for the role of a police detective.

"Whisper" will air in March 2017 in the Monday-Tuesday time slot, following "Defendant". Park Kyeong-soo is known for creating great stories with layered characters, so here's hoping both actors confirm soon.

source

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BTW, according to AsianWiki Lee Bo Young has accepted already.

Oooh I'm so happy  too see s Park Se Young again after drama 'Beautiful Mind'. I like this actress. She's good, she can act. she's beautiful. One of the prettiest too even bare of any make up. Thanks for this thread.  Also happy to see LSY LBY comeback I'm not familiar with the other actor, sorry.

Thank you Go Seung Ji for opening this thread.

Happy my favourite otp back on drama screen :o) yay (love Both of them in KBS hit drama 2012/2013 My Daughter SeoYoung)

38431BE5-20BB-47F0-92DE-3260DF47EA29_zps

Happy news: The leads and supporting leads for cops-and-lawyers drama Whisperare all confirmed. Lee Bo-young (God’s Gift–14 Days) and Lee Sang-yoon (On the Way to the Airport) are reuniting as leads, with the former playing a scrappy detective and the latter a brilliant judge. Kwon Yul(Bring It On Ghost) and Park Se-young(Beautiful Mind) have also confirmed their roles as an attorney and an heiress, respectively. The thriller from writer Park Kyung-soo (PunchEmpire of Gold) and director Lee Myung-woo (PunchYou’re All Surrounded) has also cast Yoon Joo-hee(Flower in Prison) as an ace lawyer at the same law firm as Kwon, and Lee Hyun-jin(he worked with writer Park on Empire of Gold) as a detective and section chief of violent crimes. Whisper will air on Mondays and Tuesdays on SBS in March 2017.

By Dramabeans

Count me in. I have to see more from Lee Bo-Young. I like her. Story seems interesting enough to give it a shot and after watching a marathon of 'I hear your voice" I'm into this whole lawyer thing anyway. 

Ah screw it, I have to do it, she will yell & moan at me, but

@triplemlook at this drama, but first things first, scroll to the hot pictures of the male lead above, nice huh? Okay with that out of the picture, read the rest. Seems interesting.

5 hours ago, dhakra said:

Count me in. I have to see more from Lee Bo-Young. I like her. Story seems interesting enough to give it a shot and after watching a marathon of 'I hear your voice" I'm into this whole lawyer thing anyway. 

Ah screw it, I have to do it, she will yell & moan at me, but

@triplemlook at this drama, but first things first, scroll to the hot pictures of the male lead above, nice huh? Okay with that out of the picture, read the rest. Seems interesting.

Firstly, I'm going to strangle you. 

Secondly, do I seem like that sort who needs a hot oppa just to watch a drama? Has it not occurred to you I may actually enjoy witty dialogue and a well-written & directed script ?

lsy-allure-1.jpg

ahahahaha......omgeee, my hot ahjusshi is back.  I can still hear his soft calm voice as Do Woo in On The Way to the Airport. So comforting and his dimpled smile...I'm melting.... 

But wow! K-drama land history in the making to see this OTP reunited. @dhakra since you are into LBY, go see her & my hot ahjusshi in My Daughter SeYoung.  Although it is a  50 eps drama, she has a lot of screen time being the main lead actress holding the title role (Due to my lack of stamina for long dramas, I could not finish & had to go watch YT cuts of them and my oppa of all oppas, Park Hae Jin who was also in there). The drama hit like 40% ratings if I recall. 

I'm here for Park Seyoung and Lee Sang Yoon...not as OTP but as individual actors. I like PSY, she's pretty (a natural beauty) and can act. LSY from OTWTTA. Haven't really watched LBY dramas or maybe I have? I'm bad with names but can remember faces. The second lead actor, KW look familiar too.

Archived