Go Seung Ji

We can also turn the table around YJ raped DJ she knew what she was doing and he was as drunk as a skunk. Who said he used his power. She is a police woman didn't we see how she fought with those gangsters for her fathers phone she could have kicked him in a corner, DJ and all his powers couldn't help him. This was the only weapon she could use against him.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished the second episodes with subs. Well this morning I was pretty much sure that I would drop this drama. But right now I've decided to postpone my judgement until next weeks episodes. 

And this is mostly because I really like the role of Lee Sang-Yoon. I came to this drama for Lee Bo-Young and will be staying (at least for another week) because of LSY. He really is one poor guy. In pretty much every scene this episode life slaps him. Whenever he thinks he has at least something under control, life shows up and crushes him into the ground. You can see his pain just by looking at him. You can already see how the corruption spoils him. Pretty much everyone around him doesn't like him, besides his mother, he has no one. I can't see how he's able to get allies or people who he can trust.

SYJ is somehow just evil, right now I can't see a difference between her and the company their working at. I'm aware that she was forced to be like this and is a monster that was created. Created by LDJ. I really don't know yet why he isn't just honest to her. That he was blackmailed and sits in the dung aswell. He hates himself for doing what he did and will try to do everything to fix this, but that they need to work together. She can keep her 'video' as backup, but if she continues to sabotage him and do things without his knowledge, it won't help anybody. 

Somehow I like the character of CSY, I don't know why, I think she's somehow mysterious and interesting. (Men, right? :rolleyes:)

Just for clarification, are we certain that they will have romance or at least a romantic story? Because it will be a damn cold day in hell when they really end up together. Right now I can't see even a minor chance of them becoming a couple.  

Well, seems like I will be around for another week, looks like this will be the first drama that I watch because of the male lead :D 

21 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

I understand you, sadly the world is cruel for the weak, sure we all hope things like this never had to be women's last options!! 

things started in a really bad note for both of them but I believe that when they'll become lovers that means they went through much worst situations where they saved, leaned, depended and trusted each other which made them overcome their 1st unfortunate incounter with each other and made them build a trust and feelings for each other that can't be broken again!! and I'm so looking forward for that!! :D 

that's sad!! :( 

Is it really confirmed that they will end up as lovers? I'm really curious how they will create a story around that, that is reasonable enough to believe it. And how does she introduce him to her father, if he ends up getting out of jail? "SYJ: You remember the guy that put you in jail, knowing that you were innocent? We're in love now and going to marry soon, well after he gets divorced from the daughter of the companys CEO that scapegoated you" :blink: "KSI: I'm going back to prison, I hope they bury my cell this time"

I'm really, really curious to see that happening, it really seems miles away at this stage of the drama. How would he ever be able to build up trust to her? The same goes for her. Both will need tons of alcohol for the rest of their lives. 

12 minutes ago, kysy said:

Ratings(Nielsen): 13.4% 

@bedifferent that tnms rating is from the first episode not the second. 

you're absolutely right. for some reasons, i thought epi 2 is on 3/27.  sorry,  episode 1 tns is 15.4%

lost track of date. thank you for the correction.

but i don't see 3/28 rating yet. doesn't it take about a day and it is not posted on TNS website yet? I would wait till it's posted to be official!

http://www.tnms.tv/rating/default.asp?sNdate=20170327&menu=Gi_Daily

17 minutes ago, dhakra said:

And this is mostly because I really like the role of Lee Sang-Yoon. I came to this drama for Lee Bo-Young and will be staying (at least for another week) because of LSY. He really is one poor guy. In pretty much every scene this episode life slaps him. Whenever he thinks he has at least something under control, life shows up and crushes him into the ground. You can see his pain just by looking at him. You can already see how the corruption spoils him. Pretty much everyone around him doesn't like him, besides his mother, he has no one. I can't see how he's able to get allies or people who he can trust.

I'm here for him too. After live streaming yesterday, I felt even more sorry for him than for YJ. I won't call her evil as  I understand of course why she is behaving like that.She's not doing it for selfish reasons. My heart went out to poor DJ , he is caught between a rock and a hard place. 

photo833709.jpg

"Whisper" real-time percentage 15.62%

SBS drama "Whisper" rated 15.62%.

According to ATM, "Whisper" rated 14.12% in real-time percentage on the 28th.

Then the best 1-minute viewing percentage recorded at 10:40PM was 15.62%. This is 2.29% higher than the first episode.

Meanwhile, "Whisper" is based on a law firm called Taebaek about a man and a woman who go from being enemies to allies and eventually lovers and risk their love to fight the law.

Overall "Whisper" rated 13.4%, "Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People" 13.9% and "The Perfect Wife" 6.1%.

Source : star.mt.co.kr/view/st...

http://www.hancinema.net/whisper-real-time-percentage-15-62percent-104480.html

P.S. Just finished to watch Ep. 2 with Eng sub...

I think that the story's line should get more dynamic...
He must become more stronger ...
When I see him with his mother, he is shining from inside - it is his real life..
How he can lives all time in the darknees.. Why he has choosed to be all time under the pressure and lieve this pitty life?
By this choise which he has done - he didn't save his life ...
LBY is doing well by playing the strong woman...

But.. too much darkness in this drama... that makes the watching more difficult

heh, i know this is a dry subject  :huh: :lol: - let's just post once more to clarify ratings for the last 2 days:  

3/27/17

TNmS 

Whisper: 15.4%

Rebel: 11.9%

AGB Nielsen 

Whisper: 13.9%

Rebel: 13.8%

----------------------

3/28/17

TNmS

Whisper: 12.9%

Rebel: 12.3%

AGB Nielsen

Whisper: 13.4%

Rebel: 13.9%

Source: TNmS, AGB Nielsen

11 hours ago, triplem said:

I enjoyed watching them on the screen together & it's like a matured , more polished version of their roles in  MDSY.  I think that SBS is lucky that they could reunite them. I'm looking forward to more sizzling episodes ahead esp now that they will be working in such close proximity. :rolleyes:

I really felt Young Joo's desperation in wanting to save her father. She broke the law a number of times  but I can't blame her especially when all the institutions that were suppose to uphold the law pretty much betrayed her. 

I loved  LSY's potrayal as Dong Joon. He is so believable as a righteous judge, and you know deep down this is a good man. I can see what a good son he is to his mum. Sure he crossed over to the dark side  & became a coward in that moment of fear & weakness,  but I am looking forward to his redemption.

The last time I saw Park Se Young was in School 2013. She has grown up beautifully. Though her scene was short, she nailed it as the arrogant spoiled daughter.  You can tell how bitter she is.

Yes. They look so intense and in character, no trace of the actors on stage during the presscon.  News reports are saying they can't see a trace of LSY's Do Woo (On the Way to Airport) character in LDJ.  PD Lee's casting of LSY was hinged on the fear that he may not be able to switch to this dark and troubling character.  Whoever plays DJ has to be able to get the audience to understand (not necessary agreed) with his actions even in his most despicable moments.  You have to believe that his character will eventually survive all the temptations :lol:  

I believe the PD meant it when he said that this drama is not all about revenge and corporate greed, of the man against the system.  Everyone makes mistakes.  You just have to own up to your mistakes, keep your principles, right the wrong and be a better man from having gone through it.  

But boy, it's really dark for DJ right now ~~ I hope he finds his way soon :D

I see the most potential in Park Se Young's character.  She could end up being the one who changed the most.  I'd love to see her character grow with DJ's help.  I know we all hate her at this moment, I'm rooting for her to change and learn simple things like kindness, humility, friendship, caring for another human being other than herself from the husband that she thinks she doesn't need.  I hate to see CSY ended up not any better than her father.  Come on, PKS!!!

[SPOILERS] WHISPER EP02

201703282221775020_58da6d17378f7_99_2017

Spoiler

201703282221775020_58da6d17d2e30_99_2017

whisper.png
Naver - Osen: 'Whisper' Kwon Yeol behind Lee Bo Young's father case....

1. [+2734, -61] Lee Sang Yoon's character is so pitiful...

2. [+2211, -58] Isn't he so pitiful?

3. [+2140, -65] Lee Sang Yoon acted the whole hour through his face...ㅋ

4. [+1999, -49] Lee Sang Yoon is falling from here and there ㅋㅋㅋㅋ So pitiful

5. [+813, -64] Park Se Young...? Her voice tone is so annoying ㅠㅠ She is trying to act cold or doesn't care but her acting is so exaggerated

6. [+558, -17] Lee Sang Yoon can't really do anything..ㅋㅋㅋ At this rate, he will die from suffocation

7. [+532, -22] Lee Sang Yoon's character is really pitiful ㅠㅠ Kwon Yeok's face looks strange, did he have a surgery?

8. [+484, -25] The daughter of a criminal that Taebaek made, comes in as a secretary and nobody knows ㅠㅠ They may have at least seen her once as detective...

Spoiler

0000955166_001_20170329065109946.jpg

whisper.png
Naver - tv Report: 'Whisper' Trap everywhere, Lee Sang Yoon wants to cry

1. [+409, -21] He must really wanted to cry

2. [+390, -23] It's so pitiful and embarrassing why are you doing this to me!! ㅠㅠ

3. [+240, -12] Is the writer Lee Sang Yoon's anti?

4. [+241, -23] It's a little annoying ㅎㅎㅎㅎ they went too far

5. [+234, -58] He's living a hard life...It's uncomfortable

6. [+59, -3] The most bizarre thing is that Lee Bo Young works in Taebaek. How could they didn't know who is her father. Does it make sense that they do not know the daughter of the criminal?

7. [+69, -8] Everyone is good at acting, but Lee Bo Young's ex-boyfriend is the worst. It's worst than an Idol acting

8. [+73, -12] The lead's character is not very attractive

cr

I just saw episode 2 - love the power struggle of the 2 old guys at Taebeak. (The old guy turned out to be Kwon Yul's father and he owns shares in the law firm).

CSY have a love hate relationship with her father- he controls her life, even picking her husband. At the moment she doesn't like LSY cos she thinks he marry her  for money. She purposely tell her in laws she is stupid.

I don't think Seyoung's character is the killer, they are trying to mislead us. The killer looks like a guy in trench coat. The Mafia guy got a hold on her father, that's why she ask LSY to defend him. Surprised to see the Mafia guy meeting with Kwon Yul at the end. Really exciting! Kwon Yul's acting is also good- u can feel his anger when CSY's father asked him to pass the account over to his son-in-law. 

48 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

Yes. They look so intense and in character, no trace of the actors on stage during the presscon.  News reports are saying they can't see a trace of LSY's Do Woo (On the Way to Airport) character in LDJ.  PD Lee's casting of LSY was hinged on the fear that he may not be able to switch to this dark and troubling character.  Whoever plays DJ has to be able to get the audience to understand (not necessary agreed) with his actions even in his most despicable moments.  You have to believe that his character will eventually survive all the temptations :lol:  

Oh I didn't realise that.  Well I think he has so far proven himself. I could feel his pain. Yes, I'm certain he will redeem himself. 

I actually watched OTWTTA because of him. His sweet , soft Do Woo lured me in. One of my colleagues was watching it at work during our break & soon half the office was watching it. I had live spazzing with my colleagues. Lol! The power of Lee Sang Yoon.  :D

48 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

I see the most potential in Park Se Young's character.  She could end up being the one who changed the most.  I'd love to see her character grow with DJ's help.  I know we all hate her at this moment, I'm rooting for her to change and learn simple things like kindness, humility, friendship, caring for another human being other than herself from the husband that she thinks she doesn't need.  I hate to see CSY ended up not any better than her father.  Come on, PKS!!!

Me too. I think there's something more to her. Right now she's the one that everyone hates - especially when you see it live , her facial expression is spot on- but I think there's more twist to come. It's too early in the show for her to be a one dimensional b**tch. 

3 hours ago, triplem said:

I'm here for him too. After live streaming yesterday, I felt even more sorry for him than for YJ. I won't call her evil as  I understand of course why she is behaving like that.She's not doing it for selfish reasons. My heart went out to poor DJ , he is caught between a rock and a hard place. 

Yeah, but I know that you always appear when there is a hot oppa around the corner. (I know you take a little tease) :D This is really the first time that I might watch a drama just for the sake of the male lead and ignore the female lead. 

Maybe evil is the wrong word, let's say it's hard to sympathize with her right now. We know her reasons why, but I just can't like her at this point. I feel with my buddy DJ. His life gets miserable more and more with every scene. Right now it seems that there is now way out of his personal hell. He realizes what monster he has married and that his wife may be his greatest enemy. Every aspect of his life is hell and it seems there is no way out. Even his father isn't his ally. An ally would be amazing. I hope YJ will be one. Still can't think of a way them becoming a couple.

1 hour ago, ibru said:

I think that the story's line should get more dynamic...
He must become more stronger ...
When I see him with his mother, he is shining from inside - it is his real life..
How he can lives all time in the darknees.. Why he has choosed to be all time under the pressure and lieve this pitty life?
By this choise which he has done - he didn't save his life ...
LBY is doing well by playing the strong woman...

But.. too much darkness in this drama... that makes the watching more difficult

Yep. I feel the same way. I hope DJ gets out of his misery soon.

11 hours ago, jangseo_wanjina said:

Quite expectedly, they will soon realize that they are just pawns to this game of power and deception. I certainly hope that they quickly learn to play their cards together wisely. Only then they could both emerge as winners.

Game of Thrones indeed.  LDJ has refused to play the games that others around him do.  He will have to learn to navigate through the power plays.  DJ relies on logic and YJ goes off on emotion.  YJ is more impulsive, see how she goes after the crooks for the phone in an illegal way. There is no way the phone can be considered admissible evidence from the way she obtained it.   DJ reasons through his dilemmas a lot.  You can see the wheels turning in his head and he's very deliberate in his speech. They just need to power up as a couple.  YJ's impulsiveness is going to get her into trouble and it will take DJ's legal knowledge/experience to rescue her.  Woman just have to dial down one notch on intensity.  It'll interesting to see YJ learn to trust DJ again, not only because he betrayed her once but because she also got burn by her BF.

I understand how controversial the ending of E1 is.  I also think that writer PKS may have a different intention when he chose to go down that route.  What DJ did was wrong.  Should we also pass the same judgment on YJ's method?  A wrong doesn't deserve another wrong.  I don't know why YJ doesn't do what another person would - She never asked DJ why? Why did he destroyed the evidence?

I understand the circumstances that snowballed to everything and how she misunderstood DJ.

Still, maybe because of her having to put up the tough police exterior, she is more guarded as a person.  YJ is actually more open minded.  Asides from how he is as a judge, I just think he is more level headed and has more faith in humanity.  You can do it DJ, right that mistake, say you're sorry to her.  DO it!  :lol: ... cuz you know, Kdrama 101 dictates that strong heroine shall never fall in love with puppy-eyed lost man.

5 hours ago, dhakra said:

Finished the second episodes with subs. Well this morning I was pretty much sure that I would drop this drama. But right now I've decided to postpone my judgement until next weeks episodes. 

Just for clarification, are we certain that they will have romance or at least a romantic story? Because it will be a damn cold day in hell when they really end up together. Right now I can't see even a minor chance of them becoming a couple.  

I'm really, really curious to see that happening, it really seems miles away at this stage of the drama. How would he ever be able to build up trust to her? The same goes for her. Both will need tons of alcohol for the rest of their lives. 

Yay you will stay.  Stay to see if they will get together.  

BUT... No, no, no more alcohol. It's why we got into trouble in the first place! 

Off... to see episode 2 :lol:

1 hour ago, dhakra said:

Yeah, but I know that you always appear when there is a hot oppa around the corner. (I know you take a little tease) :D This is really the first time that I might watch a drama just for the sake of the male lead and ignore the female lead. 

Heol! I'm also after storyline & good acting  ....lol! You know me too well. Yes, I live for my oppas. :rolleyes:

Btw are you again getting second lead syndrome for your female leads ? Hmm , I smell evil-ex #2 coming your way ...:lol:

I get what you mean about YJ. The means she's using right now is questionable. The romance bit, I don't think we will see till later.  A lot of damaged has already been done. But just their interactions on screen together is good enough for me. 

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

Game of Thrones indeed.

I wouldn't say so. Why? Because everybody is still alive. :lol:

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

Yay you will stay.  Stay to see if they will get together.  

BUT... No, no, no more alcohol. It's why we got into trouble in the first place! 

Maybe more alcohol will fix things. You know like math, Minus times minus equals plus. Sometimes there is an answer at the bottom of a bottle :D 

Haha, yeah, I will stay for now. Next week I will be my decision, 

@triplemHeol......did you create a new special power again to tease me? <_< I will answer you later.

14 minutes ago, triplem said:

Heol! I'm also after storyline & good acting  ....lol! You know me too well. Yes, I live for my oppas. :rolleyes:

Btw are you again getting second lead syndrome for your female leads ? Hmm , I smell evil-ex #2 coming your way ...:lol:

"Again"?:huh: What.......do I really everytime......no.....there is no way everyone of them was second lead......although.....naaah....I mean...really? Wait...nononono......give me a sec.......this can't be right......Okay, I will look this up tomorrow morning. Will be my first thing to do. I demand answers. 

And technically it would be the first "evil ex" because your first evil ex isn't my evil ex. I had a completely different PoV on this. She was just a little excessive and bended the rules a little. And, besides that, I wouldn't call SY necessarily "evil". She didn't treat DJ badly or cheated on him. It also seems she's a little jealous and will fight for her husband. Yeah okay she may have a few shady friends and do strange stuff, but hey, who's üerfect right? If she begins to love DJ, he should consider it.

Ahem. think I got a little carried away there. But there is no way I have a second lead syndrome. I will investigate!

28 minutes ago, triplem said:

I get what you mean about YJ. The means she's using right now is questionable. The romance bit, I don't think we will see till later.  A lot of damaged has already been done. But just their interactions on screen together is good enough for me. 

Yeah, I'm afraid this will be the case. Well, we will see if I happen to see it, Questionable is a very polite word for this, 

Archived