Go Seung Ji

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was just looking at the title of LSY interview .... and I think they were telling him if there is a possibility for season 2...

I can see a season 2 with him going into politics , actually one of the presidential candidates in Korea was a previous prisoner for corruption and that did not stop him being a successful politician  .... and they facing corruption and facing their past  .

on the other hand its just a dream  but I will pay money to see them together in a romance . 

1pwcv9.gif

@Tango27, Season 2 could be a possibility, considering the life they will lead after that last frame. 

However, it would need a more capable writer who would not shy away from the romantic elements of the narrative to make it more interesting and less repetitive. Someone who is more concerned about where his/her characters will lead him/her than about his/her reputation as a writer. Someone who knows how to incorporate and weave romance into action and suspense, without going over the top with the backstabbing and scheming back and forth until it almost became stale, boring and bland.

The main premise of "Whisper" was "a story about enemies who became lovers." If it's not about romance, first and foremost, then what is? He created a romantic premise and then decided that it should just be developed on the sideline and almost became unrecognizably peripheral. That's untenable. It created a false hope, a sense of anticipation left hanging.

And like you, I would love to see the palpable chemistry between LBY and LSY translate into serious to light romantic on-screen dalliances.

Hopefully, we wouldn't wait another 5 years. But if Whisper S2 would mean being penned by the same writer who would stubbornly stick to his formulaic writing and style template, then the risk would be greater. Those who were turned off by the writer because of the creative decisions he made that ran contrary to the premise of this drama, may seriously think more than twice before they would have become invested again in the sequel. 

It's difficult to get over an ending that could have been better if only the writer was not too pre-occupied with how he would end it instead of how the story should have naturally ended based on the characters' actual desires, motivations and dispositions.

I was not serious about season 2

you know I know where you coming from and kinda saw all of this coming even before the show started because i know their work and the stupid things they were saying before the show started  , so yea I am so pissed off but I am so tired of renting honestly

why

because they wanted brilliant actors with great chemistry and they had them but what they did not have is the right stuff for them even though both of YJ/DJ are great characters and they were both brilliant with what they were given , however it was subtle acting without  much angst the hardest kind but not the kind the tv audience used to

the fact that a lot of who watched the show blame the script on the actors is so dumb , but i can see why they think that 

the writer pd decided to make another contrast between the 2 couples , so the first couple is the mature one without much angst in contrast to the kids in love who end up being enemies , from an old school point I can see how this came about from her accepting him to comfort her to share with her and even to send her father away, I knew they were sort of accepted lovers underneath but because of what they went through and the plot which makes not possible for them to differ on personal manners , they did not take steps . so it felt out of the blue for most and awkward ...actually both of them are awkward emotionally so it works for me but not for the rest and its the fault of the crew . they are outdated .

thats the problem with live shooting, the cast changes  , and the cast dont get the entire script so they are in the dark, both of LBY and LSY had actually complained about the script being too tiring but its not fair after all of that effort to be just negative. 

I liked parts and disliked parts and loved seeing them again together, however the fact that can get negative feedback because of the script is heart breaking....

and it stays a matter of taste , for me its much better than the previous shows this year cause the cast is wonderful and the dialogue meant something.

I am so tired of the industry in korea  , the whole thing is wrong with so much talent, in other countries they are heading towards web series which is more professional and no commercials  and dumb channels .

you know I am reading a korean novel right now and I keep seeing LSY /LBY playing the roles , its perfect for them . 

its interesting but whisper rating on korean site DAUM is 8.5 .....which is the same rating of MDSY 

but it still will change a little 

if  comparing to other similar shows 

the chaser is 9.6

punch is 9.2

voice is 5.8 

signal is 9.5

golden empire is 8.7

just a few quick things from LSY interview from what i understand 

with this work he wanted to change the good boy image role

about whisper season 2 what if ....he says the shooting for the show was very hard cause its always intense and you dont even  talk normally  ( a while ago he was holding a sign saying it was a hard experience ), so it was nerve wrecking, but scenes with mother was a relief 

it is a role that took big energy and they were times when he was wrecked emotionally and physically:cold_sweat: so its good it ended safely or somthing

about the love line from the drama ... it was better if it was earlier  in the show , but we did our best   

about  working with bo young .... she is the most comfortable actress to be with   and it was much easier  , they are close and back then in MDSY he was not so comfortable because it was the first time and he seems a cautious guy who needs to know a person really well and  , but this time they were talking and doing everything together  and she made him comfortable .

[Interview] Kwon Yool, "Why I don't have scandals? I want to focus on work"

photo853724.jpg

"Why don't I have scandals?"

Actor Kwon Yool is very thorough in self-management. He lost 7 kilograms for the SBS drama "Whisper" and played the part of Kang Jeong-il. It's obvious he's been thirsty for success 10 years into his career.

"I haven't been in a relationship for the past 4~5 years. I was thirsty for work and I'm only just beginning to quench it. I want to focus on my work and I have no time to think about myself. I am not interested in seeing anyone. Haha".

photo853728.jpg

"Whisper" is the greatest thing that ever happened

The beneficiary of "Whisper" is Kwon Yool. The character 'Kang Jeong-il' proved his existence.

"I've been told I've met the character of my life but I can't feel it. All the other characters I've done have been special to me. As thirsty as I was for acting, I don't think a single character was useless".

Still, he claims "Whisper" is the greatest thing that ever happened.

photo853727.jpg

"I was very sensitive as my character required me to be. I felt like I was standing on a cliff. Now that the drama is over, I feel much lighter. I don't' know why I was so sensitive over nothing".

"I lost a lot of weight and I wanted to show everyone everything I had. The image of 'milky boy' held be back. I wanted to be manly and mature. Hearing the words, 'good job' made it all worth it".

Working with writer Park Kyeong-soo taught him a lot of things.

"It was like working with Shakespeare. We talked about every scene and analyzed everything from details to the general tone. It was hard but it was a good learn. I wonder if I delivered my lines well".

■ I want to be a mentor as an actor

He was nameless for a long time. Kwon Yool debuted in 2007 and stayed stationary while Lee Min-ho and Moon Chae-won rose to fame.

"I was impatient but I believed the right time would come. I knew there was going to be that single chance. I never doubted it and I hypnotized myself. It helped me stay in focus".

His parents were much help. Now that he's made some progress, they are relieved.

"I don't have plans to get married yet so I think about the people around me and how I should take care of them. My parents are getting old and they have to think about their retirement. I need to think about myself too but then again, doesn't everyone my age think like that?"

He claims 'resting' is overrated and wants more work.

Spoiler

photo853725.jpg

"I want to work. It's tiring but it makes me happy. Waiting for the next drama or movie is a form of 'resting' to me. I am going to take a week's break and look through the next thing. "Whisper" tired me out mentally so I want to try something physically exhausting next".

He claims he wants to be an actor that can also be a mentor.

"A good person makes a good actor. I want to be a good mentor to those who dream of acting. I want my words to be precious to someone else".

Source : sports.khan.co.kr/new...

Credit: HanCinema

"Whisper" Lee Sang-yoon, "I wanted to move the PPL somewhere else"

DBIY4STUwAAZLzY.jpg

Lee Sang-yoon mentioned the PPL (Product placement) in "Whisper" during an interview.

He said he didn't feel that great about the PPL in the drama.

"It would have been better if the PPL was blended in naturally but they were exposed in scenes that required highly concentrated emotions".

He was asked if he suggested moving the PL and he said, "I did, jokingly but circumstances required them to be there at that timing".

http://www.hancinema.net/whisper-lee-sang-yoon-i-wanted-to-move-the-ppl-somewhere-else-106492.html

What is Hancinema trying to highlight? Is this a joke? I want justice for Lee Sang Yun!!!

SangYun's agency J Wide Company posted on Instagram 'ThankYou' message for supporting Whisper & SangYun  

617BAC45-902D-4421-B597-4FED864C6B03_zps

5 hours ago, Chellsee said:

Soompi: Lee Sang Yoon Shares His Honest Thoughts On Marriage
D. Kim May 29, 2017

On May 29, actor Lee Sang Yoon sat down for an interview to commemorate the successful conclusion of his recent drama “Whisper.” When asked whether he had any plans for marriage, he responded that he currently didn’t have any, saying that he just wanted to rest. “My parents and the people around me got married because they were at the age, but I honestly don’t know yet. I feel sorry to my parents for saying this but I don’t think it’ll be that bad living by myself,” he expressed. “I think I’m getting tired because I keep working,” he added. 

4134CDB3-EA3C-4D85-A020-F89DDC11E010_zps replacement photo

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Excellence in Acting, Monday-Tuesday Dramas SBS Drama 2017 Awards

And the winner is ... Kwon Yool from "Whisper"!

20171231142427_717524.jpg?random=1514730325102

Congratulations !

Kwon Yool said on the way to the award show, he told his stylist that he never gets nervous to these kinds of things. But, he admitted, he was wrong, he said, because he’s really nervous.

He thanked the directors of the show, and said the award is such an honor, and that the award is all thanks to the staff and his fellow actors on the show.

Lastly, he thanked his agency staff and directors for believing in him more than he does, and said he would do his best in 2018 as well. (credit jun2yng

And"Park Se Young"!Another win for the "Whisper" Team! Congratulations!!

20171231143319_714983.jpg?random=1514730857132

Park Se Young wasn’t able to speak at first, being so overcome with emotion at winning the award.

She said more than being happy, she feels a lot of responsibility and fear from being given such a huge honor.

She said she’s really happy for being able to just be at the award ceremony, a time to look back on the year and celebrate each other.

“Whisper” was able to come to fruition because of all the staff and actors, and Park Se Young said she’d like to give the honor of the award to the “Whisper” team. She wasn’t able to name everyone that she’s thankful for because she really didn’t expect to win the award, and said she’d contact everyone personally afterward. (credit jun2yng

Top Excellence in Acting, Monday-Tuesday Dramas

And for females the winner is Lee Bo Young from "Whisper"!

20171231154239_569790.jpg?random=1514735017011

Lee Bo Young said that there were a lot of articles that were written about the awards, but she really didn’t expect to win. She felt that she wasn’t good enough while filming “Whisper,” and blamed herself a lot.

She said filming the drama was really hard, but thanks to the directors and her fellow actor Lee Sang Yoon, the set was always such a great working environment. She apologized to the writer for not being able to do better, and thanked everyone for the award.

Archived