[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] The King’s Woman 泰时丽人明月心

sugarplum892

14 hours ago, angelangie said:

lols never did like those hair styles :x 

Too big and heavy :tongue:

11 hours ago, raziela said:

@ Cedric Ong: That video is funny because he's usually so shy, reserved and serious in real life. He must have been very happy to finish filming!  No Dilreba there because ZBB was the last cast member to finish filming.  From what the fans said Dilreba finished filming that morning and had to leave immediately to catch a flight because she had promotional obligations somewhere else.

@meifang89

So glad my fist gif posting attempt worked!B)

Queen Seondeok is set during Three Kingdoms period and the similarity is because because both Three Kingdoms and Goryeo fashion up to about 14th century were heavily influenced by Chinese fashion.  The Three Kingdoms and Goreyo style is my favourite in Korean fashion; it's so elegant and opulent and more flattering to both genders.  I'm not a big fan of Joseon fashion (late 14th century onwards) and the hanbok which is when most Korean sageuk drama (example, Love in the Moonlight)  are set.

Another reason I'm looking forward to this drama is that there are so few female-centric dramas from the Qin Dynasty.  Probably because most dramas with a strong female presence are palace/harem dramas and there is so little known about Ying Zheng's harem.  I really like the fashion and styles from the era and it's rare we get to see them onscreen so it's going to be great to see the clothing particularly the ladies.  I read on another site the costume designer for The Legend of Zhen Huan is the costume designer for The King's Woman and the costumes there were incredible even though the fashion during the Qing Dynasty is probably my least favourite.

It's funny but suddenly this year there are a couple of Qin dynasty dramas with strong female roles like Fan Bing Bing's upcoming drama.

I prefer Joseon fashion though. Simple but elegant :)

From what I've read in history Ying Zheng harem is not famous because people just saw his achievement in uniting China and he seems not an emperor who's thinking dwelling in harem is such important duties. He prefer power than beautiful women. Oh what a good news! I love The Legend of Zhen Huan's costumes especially the hairdresses, all of them are so beautiful :wub: Qing Dynasty is my most favourite ^_^

New pictures of ZBB I hope you guys like it :D

exkvRWBd.jpg
CZeTKeLU.jpg
UL0QeJWB.jpg
de2SeWB1.jpg
ObNJsSXE.jpg
Ps08fbvE.jpg
mMPRt9Kb.jpg
y0nLW1p2.jpg

Found this too :heart:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, meifang89 said:

I prefer Joseon fashion though. Simple but elegant :)

From what I've read in history Ying Zheng harem is not famous because people just saw his achievement in uniting China and he seems not an emperor who's thinking dwelling in harem is such important duties. He prefer power than beautiful women. Oh what a good news! I love The Legend of Zhen Huan's costumes especially the hairdresses, all of them are so beautiful :wub: Qing Dynasty is my most favourite ^_^

New pictures of ZBB I hope you guys like it :D

Spoiler

exkvRWBd.jpg
CZeTKeLU.jpg
UL0QeJWB.jpg
de2SeWB1.jpg
ObNJsSXE.jpg
Ps08fbvE.jpg
mMPRt9Kb.jpg
y0nLW1p2.jpg

Found this too :heart:

Spoiler

LOL we have the exact opposite tastes regarding fashion!  I always think that huge braid with the cushion that married Joseon women wear is too big and heavy lol! :D  I tend to prefer Goryeo/Three kingdoms period in general because women had rights and were treated better.  And I just can't stand that darn queue on the men in Qing era and I disliked it even more when I found out about the origin as a sign of subjugation.

Thank you for the pictures of the very handsome ZBB!  That's a great photoshoot.  

Thank you for the video.  Love the clothing!

Apparently Ying Zheng was the only emperor to never name an empress or queen.  As you said it might be because Ying Zheng spent so much of his reign fighting for his throne and then to unite China. Another reason I've read is that he was emotionally scarred by his relationship with his mother and her shameful antics with her various men which made him distrustful of women.  It will definitely make interesting story material however they choose to explore things. 

I think Dilreba and ZBB are playing Sun Li and Ying Zheng from the age of about 18-19.  It's cool this will spend time on young Ying Zheng from what I've seen he had a very interesting life before he established himself.  It was action-packed but also quite sad and difficult and he was betrayed so often I'm not surprised he became paranoid and crazy when he was older.

56 minutes ago, raziela said:

LOL we have the exact opposite tastes regarding fashion!  I always think that huge braid with the cushion that married Joseon women wear is too big and heavy lol! :D  I tend to prefer Goryeo/Three kingdoms period in general because women had rights and were treated better.  And I just can't stand that darn queue on the men in Qing era and I disliked it even more when I found out about the origin as a sign of subjugation.

Thank you for the pictures of the very handsome ZBB!  That's a great photoshoot.  

Thank you for the video.  Love the clothing!

Apparently Ying Zheng was the only emperor to never name an empress or queen.  As you said it might be because Ying Zheng spent so much of his reign fighting for his throne and then to unite China. Another reason I've read is that he was emotionally scarred by his relationship with his mother and her shameful antics with her various men which made him distrustful of women.  It will definitely make interesting story material however they choose to explore things. 

I think Dilreba and ZBB are playing Sun Li and Ying Zheng from the age of about 18-19.  It's cool this will spend time on young Ying Zheng from what I've seen he had a very interesting life before he established himself.  It was action-packed but also quite sad and difficult and he was betrayed so often I'm not surprised he became paranoid and crazy when he was older.

For fashion we have opposite tastes but for women rights and treatment we have same preference of period :D 

You're welcome, glad you like it.

Right and he didn't want anyone to oppose/surpress his power, an empress can do much especially her family. What I know the first empress of China is Lv Zhi of Han Dynasty. Other dynasties or rulers before that didn't have empress title.

That means Ying Zheng in this drama haven't become an emperor of China yet then. Young Ying Zheng here seems compassionate and full of love, the summary said he loves Sun Li's son like his own pretty different from usual history that stating Ying Zheng as someone egoistical (beside his briliant achievement) who did many cruel thing he didn't even care for his own son because he seeks immortality to become emperor forever. Not to mention wasting many lives and expenses to build the largest underground tomb in the world.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dilraba ( 迪丽热巴). a special and impressive xin jiang beauty, i think she owns a innate high,ability of acting in relation to how to control emotion while playing a character.  I began to follow her from her first work named《阿娜尔罕》( Sorry, i don't know how to translate into English for this TV series precisely, so just only to replace Chinese:() in 2013 that gave me a deep impression. Afterwards ' Dimond Lovers' played character ' Gao Wen' within this work, a superstar who is a pretty, emotional, frank and bravely pursuit herself love when she meet beloved, thus driver Dilraba to achieve amounts of fans and push her to get peak of career through this TV drama. And recently drama' Three lives, Three Worlds, Ten miles of peach blossom played this role' Feng Jiu'. also very popular in many countries. And just before couples day, i enjoyed her latest romance and comedy movie ' Mr. Pride vs Miss Prejudice‘ cooperated with two actor Zhang YunLong and Gao WeiGuang, both of them is very handsome. All right, anyway always support her. Hope to see this latest work as quickly as possible.

I created a Soompi account just to give you all the good news : This drama is getting released on 14 August 2017! I'm so happy. I had been silently following this thread and other websites for updates on the premier date and we finally have one and it's so soon :D

On 28/6/2017 at 3:35 PM, catwoman494 said:

I created a Soompi account just to give you all the good news : This drama is getting released on 14 August 2017! I'm so happy. I had been silently following this thread and other websites for updates on the premier date and we finally have one and it's so soon :D

Welcome to this thread hope you'll have good time here :lol: Thank you so much for the information! Can't believe it'll be so soon, we don't need to wait until next year :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived