photo King 15.jpg

Details:

Title: 泰时丽人明月心
English title: The King’s Woman
Genre: Ancient, Melodrama
Director: Liú xīn
Episodes: 48
Broadcast Date: August 14, 2017 - October 4, 2017

Broadcast Days: Mondays - Wednesdays (2 episodes each day)

Novel: Qin’s Moon: Jingke’s Unofficial Biography 秦时明月之荆轲外传

Cast:

Vin Zhang Bin Bin

Dilraba Dilmurat

Li Tai

Liu Chang

Synopsis:

Gong Sun Li, is the grand-daughter and disciple of military commander Gong Sun Yu. Jing Ke (first disciple) and Sun Li are childhood lovers and were forced to escape when Qin troops attacked. However, Sun Li’s wall-shattering beauty seizes the interest of the Qin Emperor, Ying Zheng, and she’s captured and sent to his palace. It’s then that she discovers she’s pregnant with Jing Ke’s child. Ying Zheng treats him as if he’s his own child. The tragic day arrives when Jing Ke tries to assassinate Ying Zheng.
(Source: Avirtualvoyage)

The King’s Woman 丽姬传 Viki English Subbed Episodes

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

The King’s Woman 丽姬传 Viki English Subbed Episodes

The King’s Woman 泰时丽人明月心 Raw Episodes

Dilraba Dilmurat  Official Soompi Thread

Vin Zhang Bin Bin Official Soompi Thread

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
angelangie l akinahana89 l LavelyShai

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/2/2017 at 4:19 PM, peanutbutterjellytime said:

Two of my favorite up and comers, AND they have proven chemistry (also good friends in real life).  Too bad based on whatever synopsis there is, sounds like a tragedy for the OTP.  

Zhang Bin Bin's first lead role!  He deserves it :) I'm excited to see how he'll dooo in this 

*sigh* I don't want to watch more OTP tragedy :confounded:

Agree. I'm sure he'll do fine, eventhough all this time he only got supporting role we can see he act really well :)

2 minutes ago, peanutbutterjellytime said:

@meifang89  Yup he's definitely one of the better younger C-actors out there. And knowing it would be a tragedy sucks, but doesn't stop me from partaking in the OTP eyecandy and chemistry :tongue:     Sigh wish this would come already. 

He got both looks and talent :D Yeah I'll gladly go through another heartache just for OTP lovely scenes. I hope it won't end up like many Chinese dramas that take a long time (it can be years! :wacko:) to get a time slot :(

@meifang89  Yup I have a feeling it's going to be super angsty but with enough romance to satisfy the fangirls as well :tongue:    Don't know if it's true, but the release appears to be set for 2018?   I don't get it why some dramas get shelved for years (like Singing All Along) while others get released a year post-production (like Eternal Love).  Hope this comes out next year as they say ! 

1 minute ago, peanutbutterjellytime said:

@meifang89  Yup I have a feeling it's going to be super angsty but with enough romance to satisfy the fangirls as well :tongue:    Don't know if it's true, but the release appears to be set for 2018?   I don't get it why some dramas get shelved for years (like Singing All Along) while others get released a year post-production (like Eternal Love).  Hope this comes out next year as they say ! 

Next year?! Awww.... So long... :( I've read about the reason a lot of dramas get shelved it's because in just 1 year dozens or hundreds dramas get produce in China so eventough they have a lot of tv station it still can't accomodate all of it some dramas should be put in waiting list (especially for the one that have a less famous cast and small budget the waiting will be longer).

1 hour ago, meifang89 said:

Next year?! Awww.... So long... :( I've read about the reason a lot of dramas get shelved it's because in just 1 year dozens or hundreds dramas get produce in China so eventough they have a lot of tv station it still can't accomodate all of it some dramas should be put in waiting list (especially for the one that have a less famous cast and small budget the waiting will be longer).

Considering dramas get shelved for a few years before debut, I think 1 year is actually pretty good since production literally just started for this drama :)    Yeah I don't doubt it, it's competitive in China with the amount of shows and TV stations every production is trying to get a slot.  

I don't know where I encountered the rumor that this may be an online broadcast only? Which is both good/bad, since it means it would air much sooner than most dramas. But bad because it won't get as much exposure as official broadcast. 

Welp, either way I will be tuning in for my gorgeous OTP!  

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the updates everyone.  I am anticipating this drama so much! I am so happy to see Zhang Bin Bin and Dilraba Dilmurat as the lead OTP here.  They are both very talented and they have terrific chemistry.

On 20/03/2017 at 0:08 AM, meifang89 said:

Wow!  Zhang Bin Bin makes a seriously hot and handsome emperor :blush:  

Does anyone know how to repost gifs to the thread because that gif of the Emperor staring into Sun Li's eyes and then carrying her is amazing?!  I can already tell their chemistry here is going to be scorching :flushed:

They finished filming and someone went mad....haha...the dancing remind me abit of Park bo gum did in one promotion clip for Moonlight Drawn By Clouds. 

Didnt see Reba in it...maybe her last scene wasnt the same timing or same scene.

On 02/03/2017 at 9:19 AM, peanutbutterjellytime said:

Two of my favorite up and comers, AND they have proven chemistry (also good friends in real life).  Too bad based on whatever synopsis there is, sounds like a tragedy for the OTP.  

Zhang Bin Bin's first lead role!  He deserves it :) I'm excited to see how he'll dooo in this 

I totally agree!  I'm so excited for Zhang Bin Bin finally has his first lead role. I think he is one of the best young actors at the moment and he will do a great job. Dilraba is very talented and we already know they both work really well together.  I think we are definitely in for a lot of angst and I don't see a happy ending for them but like @meifang89 said hopefully we will get lots of lovely sweet OTP moments too during the drama!

On 20/03/2017 at 0:08 AM, meifang89 said:

OK, I attempted to post the gif from the post above. The rough leaked footage isn't supposed to be released and quickly disappeared so it isn't the best quality for gifs but it still looks good.  This is the first time I've ever posted a gif so I'm not sure if it will work :) 

So intense!

The_Kings_Woman.gif

19 hours ago, raziela said:

OK, I attempted to post the gif from the post above. The rough leaked footage isn't supposed to be released and quickly disappeared so it isn't the best quality for gifs but it still looks good.  This is the first time I've ever posted a gif so I'm not sure if it will work :) 

So intense!

The anticipation got heighthen :wub:

Dilraba's hairstyle in this gif kind of similiar like Korean saeguk drama Queen Seondeok or other in that era :o

@ Cedric Ong: That video is funny because he's usually so shy, reserved and serious in real life. He must have been very happy to finish filming!  No Dilreba there because ZBB was the last cast member to finish filming.  From what the fans said Dilreba finished filming that morning and had to leave immediately to catch a flight because she had promotional obligations somewhere else.

@meifang89

5 hours ago, meifang89 said:

The anticipation got heighthen :wub:

Dilraba's hairstyle in this gif kind of similiar like Korean saeguk drama Queen Seondeok or other in that era :o

So glad my fist gif posting attempt worked!B)

Queen Seondeok is set during Three Kingdoms period and the similarity is because because both Three Kingdoms and Goryeo fashion up to about 14th century were heavily influenced by Chinese fashion.  The Three Kingdoms and Goreyo style is my favourite in Korean fashion; it's so elegant and opulent and more flattering to both genders.  I'm not a big fan of Joseon fashion (late 14th century onwards) and the hanbok which is when most Korean sageuk drama (example, Love in the Moonlight)  are set.

Another reason I'm looking forward to this drama is that there are so few female-centric dramas from the Qin Dynasty.  Probably because most dramas with a strong female presence are palace/harem dramas and there is so little known about Ying Zheng's harem.  I really like the fashion and styles from the era and it's rare we get to see them onscreen so it's going to be great to see the clothing particularly the ladies.  I read on another site the costume designer for The Legend of Zhen Huan is the costume designer for The King's Woman and the costumes there were incredible even though the fashion during the Qing Dynasty is probably my least favourite.

It's funny but suddenly this year there are a couple of Qin dynasty dramas with strong female roles like Fan Bing Bing's upcoming drama.

Archived