[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Tears In Heaven 佳期如梦之海上繁花

sugarplum892

37 minutes ago, dito said:

I've been coming here to check the air date since they finished filming. No word yet. I'm assuming the censors have got their claws in it. I don't know why, from what I read of the drama synopsis they seem to have done away with all the juicy parts from the book. I still want to check this out, even though they turned the story into a typical chinese modern romance drama...I stay away from those....I'm here just for the leads, they had good chemistry in PA.

Thanks for the information.. do you know what the leads have worked on before? Any recommendations?

I thought the synopsis was very interesting and since you mentioned the censors above I wonder how much will the story change.. Is the book named the same? I would like to read it if I can find it in english trans somewhere.. 

15 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

Thanks for the information.. do you know what the leads have worked on before? Any recommendations?

I thought the synopsis was very interesting and since you mentioned the censors above I wonder how much will the story change.. Is the book named the same? I would like to read it if I can find it in english trans somewhere.. 

Yes, the book has the same name. I read it on google translate. It was not being translated then and I don't think it's been picked up for translation after that. 

About the changes in the story...they have changed the main part of the plot actually. The main girl and the doctor fall in love but his brother, the main guy turns out to be a guy she had a one night stand with....many years ago. Now he wants them to break up and pressures her into doing so. The doctor feeling upset leaves for some volunteer work in the mountains where he dies. The main girl is totally broken... the main guy slowly realizes the girl really loved his brother so he starts care for her and falls for her....the girl however is still in love with the doctor.... 

The book had an open ending but the epilogue hinted at the happy ending to come....

If you don't mind spoilers and want to read the full story summary.....yes I mean the whole story.....go here.

https://www.avirtualvoyage.net/2016/11/shawn-dou-li-qin-and-zhang-yun-long-for-tears-in-heaven.html

I have only ever seen the leads in Princess Agents. And that show was a mess. Its a credit to these actors that new viewers like me noticed their talent, their chemistry and effort even when their characters were at first just frustrating and later became down right evil and am sure were getting stuff thrown at their faces whenever they came on screen .....in the later half. The first half was fine....because they were still innocent then. 

The main lead Shawn Dou had a movie released last year called Youth Dinner. I heard good things about it. Try that if you want. Its on a couple of streaming sites...though probably not legal.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Shawn dou has bad luck with drama air dates. He has completed the filming of 4 dramas that are waiting for an air date and is currently filming the movie with Dilraba. He's working non-stop but sadly we don't even get to see him -.-

Also looking forward to the actresses drama The Wolf. 

Why are their dramas not airing :(

• 3 months later...

This drama has been pushed back since forever it seems.... :sweatingbullets: 

I'm not going to comment much about angst... cause.. let's be real, a Stepmother's drama adaptation is bound to be angsty  :joy: ... but I'm curious to know if they are going to change the ending... LoL... 

The leads are good actors so I have hope this drama will be an interesting one. 

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is this drama EVER GOING TO AIR!!!!???? I swear it feels like it's been 80000 years since I been waiting for it to air. Has it fallen in the unfortunate realm of never going to air dramas? Why China do you produce these works if you are not going to air them (been waiting on this and The Wolf)??? It seems such a waste of everyone's time, money, and resources. I feel bad for all involved( from the actors to the set ppl and also writers and producers), if it doesn't air. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Every time I see this thread updated with a post - I get a little exciting...is it going to air but no lol At this rate, I can only hope for one of the actor/actress to get popular in their other drama and then it may cause this one to air :bawling:

• 4 months later...