YG Entertainment

Guest back-sue

Guest manniefresh555

I think what is most important is to present your demo as good as you can.The only reason I haven't sent mines off yet (since I last posted here) is because I am thinking of having a CD cover, but if thats not available for you to do, then just go with a regular CD. Remember to have your name, contact information, and if you have one put your Youtube Page so they can see more if they are interested in you. Don't put your address, cuz its on the application already.

I read this all from articles I found on google lol
One more question. Do they have an updated application? Cuz I'm using the one from the beginning of this forum, and its pretty old

manniefresh555 said: I think what is most important is to present your demo as good as you can.The only reason I haven't sent mines off yet (since I last posted here) is because I am thinking of having a CD cover, but if thats not available for you to do, then just go with a regular CD. Remember to have your name, contact information, and if you have one put your Youtube Page so they can see more if they are interested in you. Don't put your address, cuz its on the application already.

I read this all from articles I found on google lol
One more question. Do they have an updated application? Cuz I'm using the one from the beginning of this forum, and its pretty old

Guest Dirtycash23

Someone Please Help!!!!! Hi my names Christina but you can call me Chrisy so I am going to audition for YG I'm African American and 21 its a must like seriously a deep deep desire of mine to make it into YG I sing inJapanese,Korean,Hebrew,Chinese,Latin,Italian and one song in Malay and Gaelic....is that a plus??? alsoI have a background in Classical Music and quick question would it be weird to sing a song from Fly to the Sky?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest liyiknam37

Hello, this is YG AUDITION.

Your audition application and files are accepted.

Only if you are selected, we will contact you again.

I don't know why but I feel like this is a rejection msg :( It's like if tehy want you they would just contact you right away. I feel like they just make you wait and never contact you if you failed. It's just a msg to show that your package as been evaluated...I dunno it feels like that since tehy don't send out rejections.

liyiknam37 said:

I don't know why but I feel like this is a rejection msg :( It's like if tehy want you they would just contact you right away. I feel like they just make you wait and never contact you if you failed. It's just a msg to show that your package as been evaluated...I dunno it feels like that since tehy don't send out rejections.

Guest liyiknam37

Wongene said: liyiknam37 said:

liyiknam37 said: Wongene said: liyiknam37 said:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest beccalious

^ There is one trainee in Yg named Lee EunChae (Shine) and she's black =) She's mostly a rapper and just got in to Yg so she won't be debuting in awhile..

really...???...she must hv been soo talented....so lucky for her....btw this means any nationalities can audition right..????

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Min-Jung1999

I don't know if this is posted yet so... I'll post it anyways ... I think this will take up most of the page class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 36px; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 15px 0px 0.3em; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; line-height: 48px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Hallyu UK’s exclusive behind the scenes interview with YG at the London audition

Back on June 16th, we headed towards the Korean Cultural Centre (KCC) to see what was happening there. We were greeted by a long line of enthusiasts, some smiling, some shaking despite being in the queue for a couple of hours under the barbaric sun. It should be no surprise then that all these nervous and excited people were queuing for the chance to join one of Korea’s most prestigious and well known, record companies. A few weeks earlier YG had announced that they would be holding auditions at London’s KCC in order to try and find the next K-pop star.

Holding interviews with those in queue, we soon found out that not only were there ‘local’ fans trying their luck, fans from other parts of Europe also came to audition. Amazed by their dedication we couldn’t miss the chance to interview some and excerpts from these interviews can be found after the jump.

Hallyu UK also were given the opportunity to ask the YG representatives present some questions on what they were looking for in potential next K-pop idols and the Q&A’s below will be of great help to those trying to pursue a career in the Korean music industry.

Hallyu UK: What does the audition process involve?

YG: If people wish to become trainees at YG, firstly they must complete an application form online. Afterwards they are invited along to a formal audition where their skills are assessed once again

HUK:What can applicants expect to happen if  they are successful with regards to their audition today?

YG: If they are to pass this audition in England, they will attend a follow up audition which will take place in Seoul.

HUK: Whilst there are non Korean artists already within the Kpop industry (e.g Fei from Miss A) there are no non Asian individuals. As Kpop grows and reaches a wider audience there will undeniably be more people interested in ‘making it’ within Korea. What’s your opinion on non Koreans or non Asians becoming Kpop idols?

YG: Well, we already have foreign artists at YG and as you said Kpop is growing exponentially so we don’t believe that we should refuse certain individuals just because they’re not Asian.To do so would be to limit ourselves. What we are interested in at YG is a person’s skill, talent and enthusiasm. We are looking for Kpop idols not just Korean idols.

HUK: That being said, When do you expect we’ll see the first non-asian kpop idol?

YG: Of course it is really difficult to predict a precise time, but I hope non-asian k-popartists will make their debut soon.

HUK: When can successful auditionees expect to hear from you?

YG: Usually it takes a month to contact applicants who are successful with the first part of the audition process.

HUK: The trainee lifestyle is understandably very hard as you have to prepare the individual for the idol lifestyle. What advice would you give to possible trainees?

YG: It’s true that some people may find it difficult and see it as a hardship. However if you truly enjoy music you’ll be able to perserve and use this period as a time for learning and grow. This is the mentality that one needs to have in order to make the most out of the training period.

HUK: Is it vital that auditionees are skilled in both dancing and singing or do you place more emphasis on vocal ability when assessing auditionees?

YG: At the end of the day successful auditionees/trainees will go on to be vocal artists so we do place great emphasis on this skill especially at audition stage.However, vocal artists nowadays often have a dance element to their performances so they will need to demonstrate an ability or dedication to learning and improving on their skills.So if we see a potential in an individual in one area we will recruit them as trainees and work with them to improve all their skills.

HUK: There was an age limit for today’s audition. Why was this?

YG: As you can see at the audition today a lot of the auditionees are non Korean. As foreign trainees wishing to debut in Korea they will need to learn the language in order to actively pursue a career there. Learning the Korean language will therefore take some time and this will need to be factored in for. In addition, research has shown that it becomes more difficult to learn a language the older you get. So we felt putting an age limit would be appropriate.

HUK: Does YG have any future events planned in London? Can we look forward and anticipate them?

YG: Nothing is confirmed yet, although we do have plans for the future. We wish to come here as soon as possible.

HUK: Once a trainee has successfully completed the training period and made their debut as an artist how long would they spend preparing for their own performance stages and concerts?

YG: We don’t have a fixed number of years for either the training period or period of time before an artist can hold their own concert. What it all comes down to is timing. There are a number of factors that need to be considered which include (but are not limited to) their influence and popularity within Kpop.

HUK: YG have famously said on numerous occasions that they value talent over looks but just how important are looks?

YG: We can’t quantitatively say the extent to which they are important however, it is true looks are important. Nonetheless, we do value first and foremost talent with regards to singing and dancing

HUK: What advice would you give to someone auditioning for YG?

YG: Confidence is the most important thing to remember for the audition. Don’t lose yourself.

HUK: Can you tell us what a day in the life of a trainee is like?

YG: Their training consists of vocal lessons which are with a vocal coach. They are also taught various genres of dance as well as a foreign language. These lessons take place everyday and they are expected to train by themselves for the remainder of the time.

HUK: Will the YG entertainment CEO Mr Yang Hyung Suk be helping to select trainees today?

YG: Yes. The final step for the audition will be with Mr. Yang

HUK: British Kpop fans are delighted that you have chosen to hold a YG audition in London. What influenced you to hold an audition here?

YG: We decided to hold the auditions in both London and Berlin, since there are a lot of k-pop fans. In addition, there are many talented people who are yet to be discovered here.

HUK: The life of a trainee is famously long, if British auditionees were successful they would ultimately have to move to Korea during the trainee and debut process. What advice would you give them to help them settle into Korea?

YG: I think enjoying training and life as a trainee is most important.If they really enjoyed their life during this period it will help them to sustain the hard time and road to becoming a star.

HUK: What’s your favourite part about the auditioning process?

YG: Watching applicants’ faces while they are singing. They look so delightful.

HUK: How can one audition again in the future? Will they have to wait for audtions to open overseas?

YG: They can send their video clips to YG’s training team for YG postal audition.My team are constantly checking applicants’ audition materials. I think it provides a good and useful chance for people living abroad to apply.

Source: http://hallyuuk.com/hallyu-uks-exclusive-behind-the-scenes-interview-with-yg-at-the-london-audition/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest infiniteinspirit

I was just wondering, if you made it pass the 1st round, the second round and third round would be face to face auditions right? If so, would the applicants, be put together in a room and they audition one by one in front of the other applicants or just in front of the judges only? :D

Guest sunfire13

Hey everyone!I am looking for 5 people to create a mastermind group,if you are not familiar with the term,mastermind group is a group of people with the similar or the same goal,together they share ideas and support each other and that way advance more quickly toward their goal :)

We share the same goal here,we all wanna become a YG trainee :) All people are welcome ^^

We can help each other to be who we wanna be starting now :D

Guest Min-Jung1999

Hey everyone!I am looking for 5 people to create a mastermind group' date='if you are not familiar with the term,mastermind group is a group of people with the similar or the same goal,together they share ideas and support each other and that way advance more quickly toward their goal :)We share the same goal here,we all wanna become a YG trainee :) All people are welcome ^^We can help each other to be who we wanna be starting now :D[/quote']

Sounds interesting =) ill join... I like gathering informations about ygtrainees and auditions