YG Entertainment

Guest back-sue

Guest liyiknam37

cleanchees

wrote:

»

hmm I don't think so, when I went to Sm auditions in Toronto this guy sang Haru Haru by Big bang and he actually got in to the second round ^^ ~would it be bad to sing an ost song sung by an SM artist?<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

Okay liyiknam37 , Haru Haru is not an OST and she asked about an SM artist but Big Bang is not a SM artist. I'm just saying. You didn't answer her question correctly so I had to reply.<br />

To answer mel0ncholy's question, No it is not bad to sing an OST sung by a SM artist. Two things that can make it bad. One: It can only be bad if you suck at singing it. Two: Imitating the artist by not even trying to make it at least sound like your own. If you can sing it flawlessly, I don't see why you cannot. I hope I answered your question. Oh, and FYI, this is the YG ENTERTAINMENT discussion not the SM ENTERTAINMENT. I'm just saying.

Oh haha sry! Thanks for correcting me ^^''

Guest liyiknam37

BTW has anyone auditioned for YG through mail...and knows someone who was successful? Can you share what happened? That would be greatly appreciated! 

Guest kyoko131

@5dsfan4ever!!!!
This is just my experiences of auditions and stuff wrapped up into a ball to help give you advice
1. Well first things first are u singing or dancing as your first choice? bc if you sing and they like you then they will ask u to dance but is ur singing or dancing stronger?
I recommend preparing 1 or 2 american songs and 1 or2 korean songs even if u dont speak korean
2. It totally depends on how much they like you and how much time they are willing to give you. But you should have DEFINITELY know a minute of the song at least
3. Dance whatever you feel more confident in and is your strongest so i guess lyrical! If you sang first then they will only ask you to dance if they liked ur singing
4. Prepare at least 1 minute of freestyle lyrical
5. If you feel confident in beyonces halo then go for it. Dont sing anything that someone from YG sang or covered because then the judges know the song a lot better! So u shouldnt do black and gold since the 2 euna's already covered it.
7. Wear comfy and casual clothes, dont be flashy or overdress.
8. Well if they ask u to dance and your doing lyrical then cant u just take your shoes off?

Guest Kpopbyuls

Hi! So I plan on going to la with my sister  to audition in july. So my question is do I need an id card to audition? Can my dad sit in the waiting room with us? Do they pay for you to fly to korea if you make it to the 2 round? How long do the auditions last?
I think that's about all the questions I have.Do you have any tips about getting over nerves before you sing? Oh how many hours a day should you practices until the day of the audition?

Hi! So I plan on going to la with my sister  to audition in july. So my question is do I need an id card to audition? Can my dad sit in the waiting room with us? Do they pay for you to fly to korea if you make it to the 2 round? How long do the auditions last?

I think that's about all the questions I have.Do you have any tips about getting over nerves before you sing? Oh how many hours a day should you practices until the day of the audition?

Guest lalahey321

okey, i'm planing on going to yg audition in berlin now june 23th. But i'm not from germany so i'm taking a nighttrain that arrives in berlin early in the morning and i'm taking the same train back home at 10 in the evening the same day. 
is there someone who's going alone too? maybe wants to meet up there so we don't have to be alone^^?

and my major problem is that i missed the deadline and now i need to do a walk-in application. so does anyone know how long i have to wait for my turn in that case? and does someone know when the audition stops at the evening? (so i can catch my train..)

Guest liyiknam37

OMG i sent in mines like beginning of the month and I only got this email today...O_O :( DAMN IM SLOWWW

Hello, this is YG AUDITION.

Your audition application and files are accepted.

Only if you are selected, we will contact you again.

Thank you.

OMG good luck to everyone!!!!!!!!!! ♥

Guest jasmine_korea

Hey guys !!
i was wondering that age limitation they state when it comes to the live auditions...do they apply to the mail auditions as well ?does this mean they won't give any chances to artists above 20 or 18??
thanx

Guest rlatnwls

Hey guys !!

i was wondering that age limitation they state when it comes to the live auditions...do they apply to the mail auditions as well ?does this mean they won't give any chances to artists above 20 or 18??

thanx