[Drama 2016] Jimi ni Sugoi! 地味にスゴイ! Pretty Proofreader

Mico Ricco

Jimi ni Sugoi! 地味にスゴイ! Pretty Proofreader

Twenty-eight-year-old Kono Etsuko's lifelong dream is to become an editor for a fashion magazine.  After several interviews with a large publishing company Keibonsha, she finally landed a job there.  But only to find out that she's been assigned to the Proofreading Department!  Is proofreading really a boring job or really one which is a calling for Kono Etsuko?  Koetsu is a short sentence for Kono Etsuko

Broadcast time : Wednesday JPT 22:00 to 23:00 (60 minutes)
Broadcasting period : 2016-Oct-05 to 2016-Dec-07
Broadcasting station : NTV  http://www.ntv.co.jp/jimisugo/

Director : Sato Toya, Komuro Naoko, Mori Masahiro
Original work: Kouetsu Girl by Miyagi Ayako (宮木あや子)
Screenwriter : Nakatani Mayumi, Kawasaki Izumi
Producer : Nishi Norihiko, Oda Rena, Mori Masahiro, Okada Kazunori
Music Producer : Shida Hirohide
Music: Omama Takashi
Opening theme: chay - 12月の雨
Ending theme : 栞菜智世 - Heaven's Door ~陽のあたる場所~

English subbing by : mikilove13 https://twitter.com/mikilove13fs

Cast :-
Ishihara Satomi as Kono Etsuko
Suda Masaki as Orihara Yukito
Honda Tsubasa as Morio Toyoko
Aoki Munetaka as Kaizuka Hachiro
Kishitani Goro as Takehara Naoto
Eguchi Noriko as Fujiiwa Rion
Wada Masato as Yoneoka Mitsuo
Taguchi Hiromasa as Oda Daisuke
Adachi Rika as Imai Cecil
Soda Marie as Sato Yuri
Sugino Yosuke as Masamune Nobuyoshi
Matsukawa Naruki as Aoki Yohei
Asoh Kaori (麻生かほ里) as Sakashita Kozue
Takahashi Osamu (高橋修) as Meguro Shinichiro

Bhv2xm8.jpg

poster credit : NTV

Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/jimisugo/

Twitter : https://twitter.com/jimisugo

Drama rating :-

Ep 1 - 12.9%
Ep 2 - 11.2%
Ep 3 - 12.8%
Ep 4 - 11.2%
Ep 5 - 11.6%
Ep 6 - 13.2%
Ep 7 - 12.5% (subs uploaded on 9 Aug'17)
Ep 8 - 12.7% (subs in progress)
Ep 9 - 13.2%
Ep 10 - 12.3%

Overall average rating - 12.37%

Music video credit : youtube - Warner Music Japan

Music video credit : youtube - KannaChiseVEVO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAr1_c_lLGw

SOOMPI RULES OF CONDUCT
Don't post any requests for subs.
Anything unrelated to the drama character/plot is considered spamming. 
Don't quote images.
01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.
02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.
03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.
04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 
05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki,Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

@Mico Ricco thank you for opening this thread! I don't get the sense that many people are watching this drama, but I'm really enjoying it. It's so fun and breezy.

I love Etsuko's work adventures and her fashion sense, and I love her interactions with editor Kaizuka. I like it when she goes off on people with an information dump rant, LOL, I feel like I get to learn something too. :lol: (I'm thinking along the lines of "iron panties" lecture from episode 3 or the "civet poop coffee" explanation from episode 4.)
Satomi Ishihara is perfect in this role. 

Kudos to the subber who decided to take on this project. This show must be somewhat challenging to translate because of the fast dialogue, slang and language-based humor. Etsuko is a serious motormouth.

After watching episode 7 I started daydreaming about how nice it would be if there were proofreaders like Kouno and the rest of the team going through drama scripts. We'd have many fewer plot holes and even drama titles would start to make more sense, LOL  :D

Text preview for episode 8, in case someone's interested:

Spoiler

source: Yahoo TV guide. Translation is mine, so take the content with a chunk of salt. :) 

Takehara entrusts Etsuko with proofreading a romance novel by Sakurakawa, and instructs her to go above and beyond her usual in devoting all of her energy to that task. Meanwhile, Yukito is advised by Kaizuka to try writing on a subject that truly interests him. Just then Sakurawa suddenly appears at the proofreading department, and everyone present is dumbfounded by her exchange with Takehara. Etsuko finds out from Kaizuka that Takehara was formerly a zealous editor and in charge of Sakurawa, and also about the incident that occurred 10 years ago.

I'm not sure Takehara is thinking straight, Estuko always goes all out with her proofreading. Asking her to work harder than usual sounds like a recipe for mishap. :P 

@ina111  Satomi Ishihara speaks fast so subber will have a tough time translating them.:sweatingbullets:   The rating for this drama is high so l am certain there will be many people wanting to watch it. all at one-go when all the episodes completed subbing.:) 

Both Kono and Kaizuka are interesting office-couple as they get into heated debate each time they are together.  Kaizuka and other office co-workers slowly beginning to understand and adapting Kono's work legacy of delving further into the writer's work to confirm the book contents; a real paradigm shift  in proofreading world.   

On 11/21/2016 at 5:56 AM, ina111 said:

@Mico Ricco thank you for opening this thread! I don't get the sense that many people are watching this drama, but I'm really enjoying it. It's so fun and breezy.

I love Etsuko's work adventures and her fashion sense, and I love her interactions with editor Kaizuka. I like it when she goes off on people with an information dump rant, LOL, I feel like I get to learn something too. :lol: (I'm thinking along the lines of "iron panties" lecture from episode 3 or the "civet poop coffee" explanation from episode 4.)
Satomi Ishihara is perfect in this role. 

Kudos to the subber who decided to take on this project. This show must be somewhat challenging to translate because of the fast dialogue, slang and language-based humor. Etsuko is a serious motormouth.

After watching episode 7 I started daydreaming about how nice it would be if there were proofreaders like Kouno and the rest of the team going through drama scripts. We'd have many fewer plot holes and even drama titles would start to make more sense, LOL  :D

Text preview for episode 8, in case someone's interested:

Reveal hidden contents

source: Yahoo TV guide. Translation is mine, so take the content with a chunk of salt. :) 

Takehara entrusts Etsuko with proofreading a romance novel by Sakurakawa, and instructs her to go above and beyond her usual in devoting all of her energy to that task. Meanwhile, Yukito is advised by Kaizuka to try writing on a subject that truly interests him. Just then Sakurawa suddenly appears at the proofreading department, and everyone present is dumbfounded by her exchange with Takehara. Etsuko finds out from Kaizuka that Takehara was formerly a zealous editor and in charge of Sakurawa, and also about the incident that occurred 10 years ago.

I'm not sure Takehara is thinking straight, Estuko always goes all out with her proofreading. Asking her to work harder than usual sounds like a recipe for mishap. :P 

"Kudos to the subber who decided to take on this project. This show must be somewhat challenging to translate because of the fast dialogue, slang and language-based humor. Etsuko is a serious motormouth."

ikr!

Guest ororomunroe

I love this drama so much! I'm only up to ep 4 (very thankful to the subber) and I'm currently on the office romance ship. I like both of the main leads though. The college friend (?) seems more like a frenemy to me.

On 28/12/2016 at 6:47 AM, ororomunroe said:

I love this drama so much! I'm only up to ep 4 (very thankful to the subber) and I'm currently on the office romance ship. I like both of the main leads though. The college friend (?) seems more like a frenemy to me.

You mean Morio? I think she's not really fond of Koetsu. Somehow every scene that I saw so far (episode 4), I can see her not really fond of Koetsu. Could be jealousy? 

So far I'm enjoying the drama. Koetsu and manager Takehara is so funny. Especially when Koetsu gets annoyed and he then tells her "The door to your future is slowly opening." 

I like Koetsu and Kaizuka Octopus' bantering but I think they'll be just friends since I noticed Kaizuka is interested in Morio. He just loves to argue with Koetsu.

Koetsu is someone who wants to be an editor, she may have a hidden agenda of accepting the job but I think she's slowly starting to love being a proofreader and the fact that she's giving her more than 100% effort on being one (and Takehara supporting her whenever she goes out of the office just to check the facts) makes me appreciate her. She may not have gotten her dream job of being an editor but she's giving all what she's got with being a proofreader.

I'm looking forward to more subbed episodes. I really appreciate that someone was willing to sub the drama. It was not this hard before to get Japanese dramas to be subbed but I guess the demand was greatly affected by Hallyu that's why there are less Jdorama subbers nowadays.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived