[Drama 2016-2017] First Love Again 다시, 첫사랑 Thanks for Watch.

0ly40

57 minutes ago, maribella said:

what happened when DY and then JW visited MH?

Don't forget Daddy Bowtie's visit, either...  That one was actually the key to how she reacts to the others. He came to tell her that her adoption had been rescinded and she was now homeless and penniless. To her father's horror, she then revealed to him that she was in possession of a copy of the secret contract and since she now had nothing to lose she would make it public and so bring down her mother, DB and DY.  JW confirmed again to HJ that, for her sake, he was dropping his lawsuit to recover his family's wealth so he wouldn't be making use of the copy of the contract that DY had given him. DY thought that meant that he and his father they were safe because MH wouldn't dare to ruin her family by going public with the contract, even though she theatened to do that at the end of his jail visit, and he assures HJ that is the case. When he subsequently discovers that MH has been cast out and so has nothing more to lose, he, as usual, decides not to worry HJ with that rather troublesome fact, even though it undercuts the grounds on which he'd assured her they were safe. JW's visit it to tell MH how attached HR still is both to her false father and her real mother. Though he's going to take HR to the US with him, he says it would be too upsetting for her to know right now who her true father was, so he suggests that they should wait a few years till MH gets out of jail (he claims he can speed up that process) then she could come and live with them and once the three of them are settled, MH could break the news to HR about who her real father is and they'd all live happily ever after. MH however scorns that idyllic vision and says she prefers to use the power that the secret contract gives her to destroy her mother, her father, DY's father, DY and HJ in a single swoop. Which is what she's preparing to do while DY and HJ are occupied with  slow-motion, repeat-frame, kissy-kissying in the park for the cliffhanger.

BTW, the caption over the last frame simply means that the last episode follows tomorrow at the same time. I mention that only because in the past I've known some soompiers pick up on the word 마지막 in the caption without understanding anything else and proclaim that the drama is over...

14 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

Did JW tell HR that he is her dad? i can't make out the dialogue but from HR's expression i don't think that he did but i was wondering why HR was crying in bed back at the mansion.  

She's seen reports on the Internet of MH's arrest and likely jail sentence. -- 인터넷에 이상한 기사들만 있어요   The ~만 there gives the sense "there's nothing on the Internet but reports about ..." or "the Internet is full of reports of ... " or "everywhere you look on the Internet there are reports..."  Again, the mighty power of the little particle 만 to influence the whole direction of a sentence is plain.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have saved me a few hours of my sleep time ( insomniac no more), thank you very much @baduy otherwise I have an excuse for staying up late.

In the preview, she sounded as if she was making a veiled threat to DY. But in today's episode, she sounded almost sad when talking to DY.  She must have something salted away.  Afterall she is supposed to be 30 plus and to have been working for many years. Who cares if you become an orphan at that age.☺️.

Wow, that must have jolted JW out of his pipe dreams, Ma, Pa and kid! No wonder Mrs. Seo was furious with him. MH had never given him even a glimmer of hope that she wanted to be his wife or partner and he actually proposed that they become a family. Tsk, tsk.

MA just found out MH was GO's kidsnspper - she should scream and beat her breast tell off her children for treating her like a moron - even if she is not too bright.

8 minutes ago, maribella said:

MA just found out MH was GO's kidsnspper - she should scream and beat her breast tell off her children for treating her like a moron - even if she is not too bright.

MA is not like an moron, she's really an moron, in fact she made so many mistakes that put HY and GO in danger that she has no right to utter even one or sound.

11 hours ago, maribella said:

He is a university president? :)  I cannot imagine what his university is.

Hello All, @maribella  I know the university of bow ties.:lol:

10 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

I think the secret contract is a double edge sword for JW and it would be nice if the truth comes out and DY is cleared of all the charges since he had no idea about it.  I wish DY's father gets arrested and put behind bars for something and he reveals that he made the secret contract with Mdm Kim with out DY's knowledge.    I wish fatherbow tie also ends in prison since DY has information about his involvement in manipulating people when DY was in a Coma and how he instructed the doctor and stuff since it belonged to the foundation.  

I hope all the evil ones pay big time and rot in prison without possibility of coming back.

@angelwingssf  Hi, I'm very upset about this ending All went to jail for there evilness but CDB. I guess him losing control over his shares is enough to make up for his wrong doing but it's not enough for me he should be behind bars also that way he can't go interferring in GO's life if not he will still be plotting and cunning to get back into the company..

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Hmm, I'm still not sure how they could separate the accounts of married persons legally prior to finalizing the divorce. I can see that they would prepare for it in anticipation of the divorce, but DY and MH haven't completed their divorce proceedings yet, as far as I know, so creditors could technically come after them as a couple still for each other's debts. One of the reasons that DY remained married to MH so that he could have access to her accounts still. Anyway, I'll just roll with it for the sake of the story. :) 

Thanks for the info on Choi Seung Hoon. Do you know what role he had in SWDBS? Did he play little Min Hyuk? Anyway, will have to keep an eye out for him in other dramas once this one is done. 

@stroppyse  MH debts to the loan sharks was a set up by DY I had thought..

Right folks. Time to get ready for tomorrow's final episode watching.

1. Stretch cling wrap over your screen and make sure there are no gaps that would let liquid get through

2. Do the same for your keyboard.

3. Have a basket of rotten tomatoes at the ready.

4. FIRE AWAY!

5. Send @POTUS a tweet warning that the massive seismic waves emanating from Korea are NOT that nuclear test, so hold the missiles.

And why? Here's why...

Text preview for final episode

DY and HJ ward off their uneasy thoughts with a kiss.

MH's heart is shaken by a letter from Hye Rin which JW brings to her.

So you can bet non-Granny was telling her the truth when she consoled HR today, saying that there are a lotof clueless people who upload nonsense to the Internet

MS: If you study hard at your school abroad, your Mommy will come and join you real soon.

sleeps.png

HR: When? How many sleeps? [Do intelligent and articulate Korean 8 year olds really say "how many sleeps?"  If so maybe it's not such a good idea to put them to bed wearing whopping great pink bows in their hair (maybe one of fake maternal grandad's old ties?) It appears to severely retard their verbal development.]

MS She'll come real soon.

HR Will she really come real soon?

MS Yup!  Now come here....

45 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

Hello All, @maribella  I know the university of bow ties.:lol:

Actually, in the 1960's there was a fad in Ivy League colleges (and in all the colleges that like to copy them, at least in outward show) for full professors to wear bow ties. I've no idea why, Especially since the likelihood of a male professor wearing a bow tie around campus was in inverse proportion to his height. I.e. the sillier he looked wearing a bow tie, the greater his determination to sport one.)  Since the Korean image of a top College is still partly shaped by idealized images from the 1960s, bow-tie wearing is one way of signalling supposed intellectual distinction.

@baduy a letter from GO that got to Jang, and why not  letter from HR that changed MH? This writer is so strange :lol:.

Good Lord she is going to spend a few years in a minimal security prison and then go play house with JW. Die, die die!!!! Evil Kim gets a few years, bow tie will probably still preside over the senate full of smart professors, Chairman Cha will be taken back by his mistress after a few years. Bad , very bad karma to the writer, director and producer.  

I think the ending will be at par with heaven's  promise.

6 hours ago, Morelia said:

MA is not like an moron, she's really an moron, in fact she made so many mistakes that put HY and GO in danger that she has no right to utter even one or sound.

Which is more or less what SY told their mother to her face when HJ was so anxious to appease her, and that was good to hear in place of HJ's same old Sorry Sorry song.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1rAHC9SWfbT7eWv_Gl6HCuteKisses1.gif~c200images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwzYYsWVxeTk8PL0OjKTZ

It took forever but at least it came the kiss I hoped for, thought about even wished for and today that long awaited moment and scene finally came...

It was sweet tender and long over due but at least I saw it and although I wish tomorrow wasn't the end and we were given some moments and scenes of their future.  Seeing GO grown up and the changes in his life may seem selfish on my part but I am sad that they will only be made up in my own mind that is unless they shine a light on their future.  It wasn't my first daily but it was my second I almost didn't do another daily after I suffered through Heavens Promise but it seems as though I just can't help myself and have a feeling I will be drawn into a few more...

There is something good to be said about not having to wait a week to see another episode although it is more effort when life gets busy but some how you always find time...

Looking forward to tomorrow but not looking forward to leaving this thread...  That's always the hard part the silver lining is knowing I will see all of you again and that is a lot to be thankful for... 

Love to all of you see ya tomorrow:wub:

I have been waiting for someone who dislike her to crush MH by referring to her being adopted from an orphanage. Only JW had mentioned it and it was not with malice. In a few other shows, it seemed to cut the legs under the adopted person, especially the social climbing type. The writer forgot, no other reason. There are enough blunt people in the show to throw it in her face.

Of the three main characters, DY and MH are consistent in their behaviour. HJ is made out to be true, honest, loyal, the direct opposite of MH. There are viewers who I am sure are touched by her speech to Jang. Not me. She was not going to go so low as to use his son's death to get MH. But indirectly she aided and abetted MH to be scammed causing serious harm to LK and JW. That is low in my books. She had not regretted doing it even once. I can see why people can ignore her former action but find the latter more than credible because it is personal, she appealed to mothers and fathers. It is not consistent to me. The Jang character was changed from a man who was rushing GO, grabbing him and wearing a sour face to a benign, worried parent. Obviously, something struck the writer, like turning him into a key player - not just a small time PI carrying out MH's biddings.

I can't find the scene baduy referred to which I presume changes MH from what she is to a loving mum. The episode where HR told JW that she loved the mum the best  seemed a belated idea that came to the writer. Many posts commented on it. We can see now why it was written, an unaffectionate mother who had to be reminded by the MIL to spend time with the daughter is the one loved best. The actress is good so she may pull off the epiphany scene. But it does not take away the fact that MH deserves a horrible fate.

13 minutes ago, maribella said:

I have been waiting for someone who dislike her to crush MH by referring to her being adopted from an orphanage. Only JW had mentioned it and it was not with malice. In a few other shows, it seemed to cut the legs under the adopted person, especially the social climbing type. The writer forgot, no other reason. There are enough blunt people in the show to throw it in her face.

Of the three main characters, DY and MH are consistent in their behaviour. HJ is made out to be true, honest, loyal, the direct opposite of MH. There are viewers who I am sure are touched by her speech to Jang. Not me. She was not going to go so low as to use his son's death to get MH. But indirectly she aided and abetted MH to be scammed causing serious harm to LK and JW. That is low in my books. She had not regretted doing it even once. I can see why people can ignore her former action but find the latter more than credible because it is personal, she appealed to mothers and fathers. It is not consistent to me. The Jang character was changed from a man who was rushing GO, grabbing him and wearing a sour face to a benign, worried parent. Obviously, something struck the writer, like turning him into a key player - not just a small time PI carrying out MH's biddings.

I can't find the scene baduy referred to which I presume changes MH from what she is to a loving mum. The episode where HR told JW that she loved the mum the best  seemed a belated idea that came to the writer. Many posts commented on it. We can see now why it was written, an unaffectionate mother who had to be reminded by the MIL to spend time with the daughter is the one loved best. The actress is good so she may pull off the epiphany scene. But it does not take away the fact that MH deserves a horrible fate.

Dear cousin your the best writer in our family well done!!!!  :wub::w00t:

Watching the scene of JW visiting MH in prison, looks to me MH isn't the least be remorseful.  I don't know why JW is trying to get MH out of prison, she should be left there to rot, 30 years in prison with no commutation. Prison life will make her a wrinkly old lady by the time she gets out, she should be alone and penniless. 

I'm wondering what HR wrote in her letter to MH. I'll assume that will make MH cry buckets and she will of course then not use that 'secret contract'. But there is still CDB and Mdm Kim, these people should be made to suffer too. 

Thank you to everyone who have been on this thread, it has been great chatting with all of you and reading your thoughts and views.  Lets see what's in store in the last episode. See you all in some other threads. 

25 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

to me MH isn't the least be remorseful.  I don't know why JW is trying to get MH out of prison, she should b

I didn't find JW to be as important as the other 3 in this show. His presence seemed to be fillers for the other 3, for continuity. Even in his love for/attraction to HJ, seemed unconvincing. Maybe I did not watch the earlier part. Now he comes up with ' get you out, be a family'. The writer again is using him to tie loose ends.

I can't wait to see the finale.

@baduy  and @stroppyse  don't go anywhere please.  I ( and many others too) am depending on you both:) this evening.

Somehow MH's father got away with his crime too. He was the one who was responsible for so many dirty deeds carried out at the instructions of the two wicked women in his life. There times where he appeared cocky and threatening. He should suffer the same fate as he never had a conscience, not even to GO as a child who had suffered so much. JW is being illogical for trying to help MH as she is relentless. He should take his daughter away from such a woman. She ll get over it. Too much of molly coddling. Since MH is behind bars, shouldn't ransack the office for that contract and get rid of all the evidence instead of being fearful of her? I predict DY's dad will take responsibility for all the wrong doings.  Looking forward to today's final episode. 

58 minutes ago, jessye said:

JW is being illogical for trying to help MH as she is relentless.

I think his rationale (though like everything else about his "character" it's pretty fuzzy) is that he's trying to do what's best for HR in a very tough situation. I don't think he's trying to be particularly helpful to MH for her own sake, it's just that he reckons he needs her to help HR through a difficult time.

The teaser from the day before yesterday had him saying to HR that he had to tell her something very important, and we were expecting to hear him tell her he was his father in the actual episode. But in the event he backed off from that and merely promised her she'd have lots of fun with her "uncle" in the US, because he realized how much she'd be hurt to find out DY wasn't her father. She'd just explained that she didn't mind leaving her father behind because every time he saw her lately he cried and she didn't want to make him cry so she was willing to live apart from him for a time for his sake. (This is of course a mirror-image of GO telling DY that he would do without a Daddy if that would stop HJ crying).

So JW's motive seems to be to get MH to join them at least for a time so HT won't feel she has lost both parents at once. Presumably, MH would be "on probation" for that time, and unless JW is convinced that having her mother around is for HR's good, he'll kick her out. But of course, FIVE YEARS LATER or whatever, we'll see that MH is a reformed character and probably a devoted wife to JW as well as an ideal mother, no doubt working tirelessly for some charitable organization that fights child abductions, growing organic vegetables and selling hand-sewn bow ties to finance its good works (her father models them for the charity's Internet sales pages).

:)My prediction was that JW will be LK's chairman was right. I predicted a fiery fatal end for the Kims, guess that was too bloodthirsty for daily KD. I am duly ashamed of myself. But I was not too far wrong with DY-HJ-GO to be out if LK, only the seaside factory was missing - I predicted that both of them will working there. Both old men did not get their just reward - bowtie was doing a lot of MH's bidding. Of course, MH will spend many years in prison unless the chairman of LK is still unpredictable.

Moved by HR's letters and JH's pleas, MH denied all knowledge of a secret contract. The prosecutor called JW to tell him that, but when JW then looked for the copy of the contract DY had given him, it had gone. Ms Seo had taken it to  hand over to the prosecutor, telling JW she wasn't going to stand for him giving up all they had planned for just for the sake of HJ. She assured him DY wouldn't be ruined, because the investigation would surely bring to light how he had been set up by his father.  JW pleaded with her to think again, saying getting vengeance no longer mattered to him. "But it does matter to me," Mme Seo countered. I've no intention whatever of letting the wrongs done to my siblings go unpunished."

Of course, she was wrong about CDB stepping up to the plate. Confronted by the prosecutor in DY's presence, he denied any knowledge of the matter.

Archived