[Drama 2016-2017] Golden Pouch 황금주머니, Mon-Frid 20:55. Thanks for all your support!

0ly40

3 hours ago, watchumlots said:

4)  Faker, aka LyinWife, will be OK, as she has her own fashion company.  Too bad she liquidated assets to make a big donation for her secret son-in-law, HeartDr.  Except he won't be her secret son-in-law, he will be the one to rain misery on her and out the scam she has perpetrated on the Yoon family.  

LOL at your 'two bumbling second-class con artists' .

I think that is the only redeeming thing NS has done on her part for Dr. Han although he has made it known to her he doesn't want her help.

The writer has made NS appeared toothless and more subdued before SH finds out she is her biological mom. Heck. Even SH says she is comfortable around NS and is fond of her.

But NS should still be held responsible for starting and going along with the plan to deceive the Yoon's by planting an imposter to live with them. 

NS certainly deserves what is coming her way and I hope it comes soon and blows up in her face when she realizes the man she is supporting is JJ's son and the real heir apparent.

@Ldy Gmerm

Love your assessment and take on Dr. Han. An excellent surgeon who is used to making clinical decisions, Dr. Han didn't succumb to the faker's and his sidekick's threats using SH and the Yoon's to stall him from coming forward. Their threats expedited his decision to act quickly and he wasted no time to execute his plan by breaking up with SH and moving out of the Geum's. 

He looks focused and determined in the preview and I hope he procrastinates no longer and should go ahead and start spilling the beans as we only have 12 more episodes remaining.

I am glad Dr. Han told papa Geum he has found his real family before he made the decision and took the big step to leave the Geum's after his breakup with SH.

How long before either papa Geum or Dr. Han figure out JJ is Dr. Han's mom and a childhood friend of papa Geum?

I simply love MH's suggestion to put the faker in the spotlight as the first son of JR. MH wants the faker to do an interview before the directors' board meeting and one after. MH plans to use the interview with the whole family to help bolster the faker's chance at being elected as the president of PJ Foundation.  

Sadly for MH, the interview after the board meeting will be one that will focus on the downfall of the two numpties. The faker and MH will be shamed, ridiculed and called "Cheat!" when the truth behind how the faker git has been living and pretending to be the Yoon's son/grandson becomes exposed. For added drama, the scoop should include a snippet of how MH managed to blackmail the faker into marriage.

SH is very hurt and we foresee how a worsening heart condition will make Dr. Han return to the OR once again to perform an emergency and life saving operation on SH.

There were so much angst, frustration and tears in the last two episodes. I could barely make it through the whole episode without pausing to cry and sympathize with SH and Dr. Han.

The only consolation was to see the annoying MH in that ridiculous and hideous half-tucked, back-to-front shirt which was three times too big on her in episode 108.

So how many more episodes before the git decides to sleep with his viper wife? He said he finds it strange he is confiding in her things he would never tell his 'family'. Looks like the faker git is the one falling for his viper wife who was so kind to nurse the wounds on his face...

BTW I can't wait to see the viper's face when NS gets home and tells her about the little unannounced visit Madam Sa paid her at her office. Madam Sa was throwing suggestive hints to ask the Yoon's for a big house and possibly a job. The former loan shark mama was trying her best to salvage what she can get before Dr. Han exposes the identity fraudster and his accomplices.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@sk0317 :

The only consolation was to see the annoying MH in that ridiculous and hideous half-tucked, back-to-front shirt which was three times too big on her in episode 108.

OMG!  WHAT was that monstrosity?  Looked like her top was stained, so she spun it around to wear backwards, but couldn't get it buttoned so used a tie to close it???  WHAT WAS that monstrosity?  Wasn't she wearing that after the dimwit told her to look 'classy?'  Can't see that hideous thing as the next fashion craze.

Viper2's plan is to put Faker2 in the forefront, make him well known so it will be difficult for the Yoon's to ditch him once the truth is exposed.  I.e., the Yoons wouldn't want it to be known they were harboring a faker in their midst; they didn't even recognize he wasn't their blood.  It's a plan.  Albeit a bad one, but it's a plan.  That RichDad is gonna unleash some real nasty stuff when he learns the entire truth.  Of course Granny will stroke-out.  Perhaps that is the plan for consuming some episodes: Granny strokes-out, the funeral, the mourners, Faker heaving great sighs of relief.

17 hours ago, lclarakl said:

@Ldy Gmerm, you mentioned all the scenes I would love to see not in a rushed fashion, but in a well developed way. I wish we were at episode 80 instead of 108. So much to cover and not enough time to reveal it effectively.

As I reflect on it. It is smart of Dr. Han to break up with Seol Hwa so that they don't have a bargaining tool against him or use SH. I hope I'm surprised and his identity is revealed by someone in ep 109.

Side note:   Question--  Are there any other good dramas like Golden Pouch and Person Who Gives Happiness airing or has aired?  I have to say, even though I gripe about little things in the drama, these are my two favorite dramas.  I would love to see something as good as these.  Any recommendations?

They should have started the reveal around episode 80 KPD's appearance only muddied the water and created a bunch of confusion allowing faker to start to show his true colors. His nervousness, his shifty and unprofessional behavior over the foundation and Dr. Han's personal life as well as MH's stalking around all were designed to make Dr. Han notice those two thieves and wonder what they are trying to hide. The min that Faker realized that Dr. Han could be/ was the real JS he started causing problems at work and trying to tarnish his image and all the good work he did. Its mostly because he could see how JR, Ji-Sang, Madam Eun and even NS all seemed to like and think of Dr. Han as a good man who was very accomplished. You tie that in with JR's singing his praises at work and faker could not stand it. Especially when he has never been close to JR who is suppose to be his father, kept the brother he is suppose to be related to at arms length and took the love that Madam Eun gave him and used it as well as a shield.  But again had it started that early that would have given faker and his sidekick much more time to create havoc in trying to keep the truth from coming out.

When his actions made Dr Han talk about his background in that Board meeting he was trying to stop that because he did not want JR to hear how his real son suffered. But it was too late for that. The min he started acting up on the business front was the min he made it so JR would end up knowing how his real son has lived. When JR finds out the truth Faker has nothing he can hide behind because even JR will realize that Faker knew who his real son was and tried to keep it quiet.

Dr. Han is very angry at those two. MH dares to blame her changed behavior and ugly spiteful ways on him because he did not remember her and remembered Seol Hwa. Come on who spurned this witch? NO ONE did, her view is twisted because she is the one who denied knowing him when he woke up with amnesia. She is the one who did not stand beside him when he was accused of malpractice and watched as he was mistreated in the lobby of that hospital. Also why does it matter at this late date that he did not remember her, rejected her and did not want her back? It should not as she is now married to faker but her pride is what will cause her to fall. There were other men out there ( I don't think any man wanted MH to be honest..) but mostly MH was fixated and obsessed about Dr. Han. That is not love. True love does not have anyone holding a grudge because the other person has moved on. Also MH forgot all the things she did and the lies she told in trying to get him back only to get caught out.

Dr. Han told her right do not use him to explain her personality changes and make excuses for why she is just a hateful, spiteful witch with no life. It is all about her greed. Which you can see as she wants to take from the Yoon's who has never done anything to her. Crazy witch!

Her mother is just as bad going to NS to hint about getting a house, money and daring to even asks for a job. WTH!! This ungrateful woman she seems to forget she does not have creditors looking for her (or did MH neglect to tell her that her debts were paid?) anymore due to the kindness (cover up) of the Yoon's who could not be seen as having an in law with large debts less they have a scene where JR was accosted by their creditors again. Her greed in trying to still live well and get money to start her business again is going to cause MH's plans to be exposed.. Madam Sa can't seem to stay to out of her daughters business. She wants to be seen, heard and profit for the relationship of her daughter with that family. NS deserves this treatment she is getting as her Mother in Law and Husband told her to stay away from those women, but just  wow (so shameless).. Madam Sa is MH's worst enemy.  All of what MH blames Dr. Han for will be at her mothers feet when the truth comes out. What MH is trying to steal will not come to pass as her mother will be found to have hit the real JS causing his amnesia. MH and Madam Sa will be seen to have been plotting to steal from them trying to use the fake and know the truth about NS and Seol Hwa.

Dr. Han having to tell Seol Hwa to let's break up. I don't Love You and leave the Geum's was a very hard thing to do. None of it is what he wanted to do and none of it is true. But because Faker and MH tried to drag her in and use her birth secret to keep him from getting his family back he had to do it the worst way possible prolly hoping that Seol Hwa can move on but knowing he is hurting her and himself too..  This will hurt her greatly as we see in the preview of her crying her heart out. But the real shock will come when she finds out NS is her bio mom and Dr. Han is the real JS. She will understand then why he did what he did but she will be ill.

On other good drama's...

Spoiler

I have no recommendations at this time on anything new coming out.. I look forward to The Return of Bok Jan Ji with Go Se Won who was in Here comes Love..(a very good drama) the couple in that one stayed together no matter how much opposition. I started a few episodes of the MBC drama Teach Oh Soon Nam but it started out Mello from the start .. lol.. got to come back to it. The same with the KBS2 drama Nameless Woman (had to walk away from this one as the lead girl is going through a lot right now.) with Seo Ji Suk.

I can say there are some really good older drama's out there if you are able to find them with or without subs.. You Don't know Women with Go Se Won was a good one.(no subs I found so far). I was surprised by Pure 19 from 2006-2007 with Seo Ji Suk and Koo Hye Sun was pretty good. Of course Dear Heaven , Life is Beautiful was a good one (minus the youngest Uncle in that one who made me want to reach in and slap him every time he opened his mouth.) Cheongdamdong Scandal (because the lead in this one was kick azz even though she got it from her mother in law alot.) It was the first drama where I was conflicted in rooting for the lead girl and her Dr. Evil Mother in Law. That woman was the WORST K-drama Mother in law ever!! Kim Hye Sun played that mother in law in that drama and I NEVER want to see her play that type of part again lol.. she was very good. (she is currently in Teach Oh Soon Nam) Cheer Up Mr. Kim is one I plan to re-watch as well and Kim Hye Sun was in that as well.

Currently my list of drama's I am actively watching are Golden Pouch, I'm Sorry Kang Nam Goo (revenge should have started earlier in this one)  LIDD.. (wish I was not) and a weekend drama or two. The rest are either Chinese, TW or Thai..

I keep a list of those to NEVER EVER Watch again and some to revisit.

If anyone else has some suggestions on new and past drama's to check out I would like to know as well.

@sk0317

You can see Dr. Han is very angry at not only their audacity to try to use Seol Hwa but also to think he is a man that can be blackmailed or made to change his course of action because of a weakness they think he has. The real anger is at they do not get that this is not about money, its about his family that was stolen from him. Its about his poor mom who died in a fire saving a child not of her own and having her own son out in the world away from the family she was trying to get him back to but in the son not being able to be filial to that family he was longing for. About a child she took into her home who has used the tragedy for his own gain and then has the gall to want to keep the real son away.

They do not understand blood ties because neither of them have any value in family.  Their attitude to his loss and anger is what is spurning Dr. Han on to take back what faker stole from him. I am glad that Dr. Han pointed out to faker that the love he claimed to have had for Seol Hwa was not real. He was only using her as an escape.

It made me want to reach in and slap faker for daring to say he wanted to be with Seol Hwa because she made him feel he could be that innocent boy again. He could have done that himself by just telling the truth. No he wanted to run away with her. Come on.. Faker had the choice to come clean years ago. By then he would have been grown and benefited from the food, clothing and education he received. He can't think that Seol Hwa would have washed away his sin if he was with her because it is not for her to do. The ones to do that is himself when he is on his knees to Dr. Han and JJ and the Yoons.

I thought I was the only one who look at MH's ugly shirt and thought "is her shirt on backwards" another bad fashion choice by the stylist for MH. I kept wanting to reach in and turn the shirt around.. Then I gave up and said it looks like a straight jacket if looked at from the right angle. Perhaps they getting her fitted for that new fashion accessory that the well dress Crazy sort is raving about.

MH's face in the preview said it all.. she did not expect to hear that Dr. Han broke up with Seol Hwa. From Fakers startle face he did not either. But then they drove him to do this. He is bound and determined to make them give up with they stole and protect his family. OF course at this point I want to see who will out Seol Hwa's secret anyway once its out they have nothing to use.. Will MH do it or will Madam Sa.. (My bet is on Madam Sa who is way too interested in the going on at the Geum's. )

I look forward to JR's face and actions at finding out the truth. I think it needs to come out and we see Dr. Han fight them for that President spot. I would love for faker to go into the media as the Son only to have to turn around and is exposed as a fake. His face and MH's need to be splashed so that when the truth they are recognized and mistreated and called criminals.

I really want to see Madam Eun's face when she finds out as she has babied a fake for years.. thinking he was her real grandson only to find out she was babying a fake.

I almost choked on my drink - apple cider vinegar with honey and plenty of ice - a great summer cooler. It would have been painful if it went up my nose. What the viper had on was such a monstrosity. I agree with you guys - it was hideous. I thought it was part of a cloth screen wrapped around her, with a detached collar. Even without that supposed collar, it was a disastrous fashion statement. It was also too loose. Even her loan shark mother will not be seen in a blouse like that.

Anyway, she was very audacious in telling Dr. Han that she will tell SHf who her birth mom is if he does not stop; that it was that fact that got Faker to agree to marry her. She thought she holds all the aces and she's the winner. Wow, such a pseudo puppet master! She feels so confident that she's above reproach and that her PRIDE will not allow her to FAIL. She even tells SHm what she did and what she intends to do. I hope she soars higher so that when she loses steam, she'll fall straight down and be crushed like a gnat on the windshield. On the other hand, faker was asking Dr. Han what he intends to do. Hah! Why would he...so that he can block his move? Stupid question from a stupid person. As he mentioned before he has been constantly living in fear, and he'll continue to do so because he's been lying all his life. Dr. Han can be very inscrutable so they will be on tenterhooks watching out for and anticipating his next move/s.

Bravo! Our doctor is on the war path. Faker and Viper do not realize that it's not about money and power - it's about setting things right. He was incensed about their gall to lie and steal their way into things they do not have any right to own. Has anyone watched Beautiful Gong Shim/Ugly Alert? Some of the sub plots there are similar to this drama. They are not above using other people to further their evil plans. Dr. Han is now so focused on taking/eliminating them down. He's back to his old self - zeroed in on what he needs and must do.

In every Kdrama I've seen, the in-laws seem to expect the richer in-laws to give them materials things - a big house, a car, a business, a job, cash, etc. Is it a reflection of their culture? What is it - wealth by association?

3 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

OF course at this point I want to see who will out Seol Hwa's secret anyway once its out they have nothing to use..

I agree on that. This secret will be out and Dr. Han moving out will not prevent  that from happening.  It will just make it harder for SHf  to deal with these news with him not being by her side. So to me this explanation of his  reason for moving out is a no go.  The other reason, their indirect  ties through other family members,  may raise legitimate concerns and probably will.  Especially after he himself  had acknowledged his previous thoughts that  the faker shouldn't marry SHf because of being her step-brother.  With the faker out of the family  Dr.Han himself  will be in the very same spot.  That's a very tough luck.  To break that tie somebody should break his or her ties with the family.  SHf  is not registered as the member of the Y's family and I doubt she ever will be. Registering will mean forgetting her real family, the Geums.  Dr.Han is not registered yet, I wonder if he will.  As I see it, at least on paper, they are not relatives, for now.  So, officially they are not members of the same family yet.  But they will become those in the  eyes of the traditional values the moment their identities are made known.  So, as everybody here are calculating, NS becomes the only one who can break the tie.  I am wondering if that'll be the way the drama will go.  And I am not 100% sure yet. 

What saddens me is that papa Geum, while being such a good, caring and loving person, is also a weak and often a frightened one.  So Dr.Han has no one to turn to and discuss the situation and the plan of actions. He has to decide and implement everything on his own.  Let's keep our fingers crossed he doesn't make any major mistakes or missteps. He might have no time or opportunity  to correct them.  His first step, breaking up with SHf, was almost a cruel one. But he does need her to play her part convincingly, and there is nothing more convincing then real emotions.  I cannot forget in the preview to ep 109 how he glanced  at her when passing by with a group of other suits. That glance lasted just a second and immediately he was back to his  cold and detached new self.

56 minutes ago, nrlfan4ever said:

I almost choked on my drink - apple cider vinegar with honey and plenty of ice - a great summer cooler. It would have been painful if it went up my nose. What the viper had on was such a monstrosity. I agree with you guys - it was hideous. I thought it was part of a cloth screen wrapped around her, with a detached collar. Even without that supposed collar, it was a disastrous fashion statement. It was also too loose. Even her loan shark mother will not be seen in a blouse like that.

Anyway, she was very audacious in telling Dr. Han that she will tell SHf who her birth mom is if he does not stop; that it was that fact that got Faker to agree to marry her. She thought she holds all the aces and she's the winner. Wow, such a pseudo puppet master! She feels so confident that she's above reproach and that her PRIDE will not allow her to FAIL. She even tells SHm what she did and what she intends to do. I hope she soars higher so that when she loses steam, she'll fall straight down and be crushed like a gnat on the windshield. On the other hand, faker was asking Dr. Han what he intends to do. Hah! Why would he...so that he can block his move? Stupid question from a stupid person. As he mentioned before he has been constantly living in fear, and he'll continue to do so because he's been lying all his life. Dr. Han can be very inscrutable so they will be on tenterhooks watching out for and anticipating his next move/s.

Bravo! Our doctor is on the war path. Faker and Viper do not realize that it's not about money and power - it's about setting things right. He was incensed about their gall to lie and steal their way into things they do not have any right to own. Has anyone watched Beautiful Gong Shim/Ugly Alert? Some of the sub plots there are similar to this drama. They are not above using other people to further their evil plans. Dr. Han is now so focused on taking/eliminating them down. He's back to his old self - zeroed in on what he needs and must do.

In every Kdrama I've seen, the in-laws seem to expect the richer in-laws to give them materials things - a big house, a car, a business, a job, cash, etc. Is it a reflection of their culture? What is it - wealth by association?

She wore the shirt backwards just to make it ugly  depicting how ugly she has become in her character.  Dr. Han said that she had changed because of her Greed and told her to stop blaming everyone.  She is like the Crazy Ajummha and her son in Person who gives happiness. Anything bad that happens , she blames on EH and EHaa and their father.  Even when Viper was with Dr. Han, he pretty much ignored her, but she followed him like a dog and finally he proposed to her.  Didn't we see that proposal.  So business like.  He was not interested in her.  It looked like he was purchasing something from a store and could be returned if it did not fit him.  He knows how vindictive she is with all the things she did trying to lie her way when he found out that he was not the Geum's son.  He put her down flat and Viper could not do anything with it.  He went back to the Geum's when they told the reason and saw how genuine their feelings were.   This a crucial time in the drama and they should have postponed the elections!!

Faker, and Viper are a perfect pair.  At least the Faker has some amount of conscience, but the viper is pure evil.  They are walking on hot coals right now and anytime the fire is going to erupt and burn the two.  They know that.  They are trying to bully into the situation with Dr. Han who was so grounded.  Remember, how Viper was bulling SH when she wanted Dr. Han and how her mother was BS while trying to harm him.  That is a tactic followed by bullies - they want to leverage what ever they can get because they know that there is going to hell to pay otherwise.  The best way to handle a bully is to stand tall and remove all the things that they can leverage on which will cause them to crash.  Ep 109 Preview - Viper and Faker's face are a tell-all.

Our doctor is on a Warpath -- yep, love it.  He needs to do that and I am so glad that at least they are moving the pieces of the puzzle quickly.  In the preview I heard him talking about going to the house.  I hope he gets it out in one stretch and I hope it is only grandma and JR who are at home.  If others like Viper, Faker, NS are there, I don't want him to back down for any reason.  There was a hole in his heart by a) thinking that his mother abandoned him.   2) losing his memories and not remembering anything  3) Finding a father who was fake   4) Finding love and figuring out that she is his bio dad's wife bio daughter.  It is too much to take.  After finding out where his mom's ashes were kept, he was so emotional telling her how he forgot her.  He could only remember the dumpling and the song.  The hole is partially filled.  He know how comfortable he is with both JR and Madam Eun and they feel the same.  He was to feel full again.  He let go of his love because he wanted his roots and he did not want his love to become collateral damage.  

Wealth by association or more about families can intermingle more with similar status vs. rich and poor which does happen in most asian communities, but this is pretty common.  All k-dramas have this stuff or maybe Korean reality is far different than the western civilization.  I think even the rich Brits have the same way.  

4 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

@sk0317

They do not understand blood ties because neither of them have any value in family.  Their attitude to his loss and anger is what is spurning Dr

I look forward to JR's face and actions at finding out the truth. I think it needs to come out and we see Dr. Han fight them for that President spot. I would love for faker to go into the media as the Son only to have to turn around and is exposed as a fake. His face and MH's need to be splashed so that when the truth they are recognized and mistreated and called criminals.

I really want to see Madam Eun's face when she finds out as she has babied a fake for years.. thinking he was her real grandson only to find out she was babying a fake.

@Ldy Gmerm - both Viper and Faker do not understand blood ties.  Faker's mother ran away.  Don't know why but must have been fed up with an alcoholic or being abused by his father.  His father than took it out on the Faker.  Being abused, he wanted the coziness of JJ who was so kind and loving to her son and even to an abused child.  Even though he has a sliver of sense, he is a coward.  Look what he did when he saw his father.   He did not want his image tarnished.  So, blood ties means nothing to him.

But for Dr. Han, he had his mom who was a great link in his life.  She was not only loving and caring about him, but she had that air of mama bear outfit on at all times.  Helping others without greed and not expecting anything from them is really hard and she was an embodiment of good that Dr. Han grew up in.  That is why family is so important to him.  

Viper on the other hand grew up with a mother who was literally selling her on the open market.  The first time I saw her asking Dr. Han to pay for Viper, I was stupefied to see such a dialogue.  Madam Sa is like a pimp selling her girl.  Even Viper hates her mom.  So, what kind of family values has she learnt.  Bullying or attacking someone to get what she want and  she is following in her mother's footsteps, stealing, lying, bullying and attacking.

I do think watching JR and Madam Eun - what could it be?  Initially it might be shock and some medical needs there.  Dr. Han is there to take care of that. Angry, disgust, self loathing, and they will start putting all the pieces where things seemed odd and wondered why - it all makes sense.  Of how Faker did not want to live with them and how he did not want to be involved in the company and how he is being aggressive and manipulative to Dr. Han claiming it is business, but actually personal since he would be outed.  

You know what brings to mind is Madam Eun telling how JJ was crying and she realizes the reason being that they have not found their grandson but harboring a thief.  I think and hope she turns 180 degrees and shows her cold shoulder to the Faker and Viper.  

Waiting for Thursday.  

5 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

Dr. Han having to tell Seol Hwa to let's break up. I don't Love You and leave the Geum's was a very hard thing to do. None of it is what he wanted to do and none of it is true. But because Faker and MH tried to drag her in and use her birth secret to keep him from getting his family back he had to do it the worst way possible prolly hoping that Seol Hwa can move on but knowing he is hurting her and himself too..  This will hurt her greatly as we see in the preview of her crying her heart out. But the real shock will come when she finds out NS is her bio mom and Dr. Han is the real JS. She will understand then why he did what he did but she will be ill.

As I wanted the scene between Fake JS and Dr. Han, I kept wanting to yell at Dr. Han to stop referring to his family as fake JS' family. JS had my sympathy for many episodes, but not anymore. It's not like he tried to bond with the Yoons, because he didn't--that's why the Chairman told Dr Han that he didn't feel  close to JS.  They have gone the extra mile to embrace him, but he's always been standoffish.

I wonder if Dr. Han will let the family know his real identity. What JS didn't tell him was that NS is in on this deception. If Dr. Han drops the bomb that he's the real JS, NS is automatically exposed for her deception and lies at that point. She's the one that confirmed that fake JS was the real JS.  I still don't see how the family can forgive fake JS and NS once the truth has been revealed. I can them overlooking JS as a child, but the adult JS who has been scheming to keep Dr Han from his family, talked bad about his real father that he knew wasn't Dr. Han's father but wanted to make Dr. Han look bad; pretending to assist Dr. Han with looking for his family--the Yoons will know that wasn't his intent.  His actions as an adult, is what I find most distasteful. 

@Ldy Gmerm, thanks for the recommendation. I have several of the dramas airing now on my radar, but I want to wait after several episodes have aired--I share your opinion on several of them. I'm going to see if I can find some of the older ones.--Thanks again...:D

3 hours ago, nrlfan4ever said:

@nrlfan4ever, it seems we were sipping on the same summer cooler, although mine had a squeeze of fresh lemon juice in it.  I think this is the second time I've seen MH wear that shirt and I have to wonder why.......

2 hours ago, lclarakl said:

If Dr. Han drops the bomb that he's the real JS, NS is automatically exposed for her deception and lies at that point. She's the one that confirmed that fake JS was the real JS.  I still don't see how the family can forgive fake JS and NS once the truth has been revealed.

I do see NS being thrown out of the family for her conscious deception, yet I also see the possibility for the JS to remain in the family, not as the first born son, but as a third son, the adopted son. He is dethroned but he still remains the member of the family.  Granny loves him and she does have a voice in the family matters.   I have no idea how NS will end up after being thrown out of the family, she still is SHf''s biological mother, SHf will not be able to completely disregard her. Will Geum family give her the former fake father's room? Can imagine the irony of that... In short I am looking for a less bloody  ending of this drama.  And where is Mr.Kim when he is really needed to finally serve Madam Sa what she fully deserves? He was the first one who met MH by the ER entrance, meaning he followed her from the place of the accident.  I hope he is not serving a life sentence.

I will also watching that ring on the left hand.  I think he will take it off,  she might be keeping it, but how long will she wait?

5 hours ago, ira2a said:

I do see NS being thrown out of the family for her conscious deception, yet I also see the possibility for the JS to remain in the family, not as the first born son, but as a third son, the adopted son. He is dethroned but he still remains the member of the family.  Granny loves him and she does have a voice in the family matters.   I have no idea how NS will end up after being thrown out of the family, she still is SHf''s biological mother, SHf will not be able to completely disregard her. Will Geum family give her the former fake father's room? Can imagine the irony of that... In short I am looking for a less bloody  ending of this drama.  And where is Mr.Kim when he is really needed to finally serve Madam Sa what she fully deserves? He was the first one who met MH by the ER entrance, meaning he followed her from the place of the accident.  I hope he is not serving a life sentence.

I will also watching that ring on the left hand.  I think he will take it off,  she might be keeping it, but how long will she wait?

Do I really want Faker get the status of an adopted son ?  No; I truly understand forgiving someone, but he intentionally deceived them.  He intentionally still hurting Dr. Han.  Madam Eun loves the Faker now, because he is JS for her.  But when she finds out he knew all along that he was not and was supposed to give the pouch to his friend, I really cannot fathom what she would go through.  I hope the writer gives a just punishment for him and NS,  and not a Kumbaya ending.  Just like in "First love again", all the responsible parties paid in one way or another.  So, I do want all the evil doers pay for their crimes.  

It will be sad seeing Dr. Han take off his ring - will be pretty emotional.  I think SH will wait, because information about her starts to unravel too and eventually she will figure out why he did what he did - about breaking up with her and realize it.  

4 hours ago, jeijei said:

Korean screenwriters love them makjang tropes. 

Sucks though!!  I can understand if it is a historical drama or something in that genre, but not this.  

16 hours ago, ira2a said:

@ira2a, because this is a Korean drama, I can see forgiveness being handed out all around. However, I don't think the writer is leaving enough time to adequately deal with the emotions that will be felt by the family once the reveal happens---IF it happens; I become more doubtful with each passing episode at this late stage. Then I remind myself that fake JS with money greedy MH and her mother cannot stay in their current position. It would be especially wrong with Dr. Han knowing the truth to continue to let his family be betrayed and used. I can see the brother  having the most difficult time. However, everything they know about JS is a lie:

He has another name and is registered under it.

He has a father that some of them, if not all, have met or seen.

The reason he doesn't "want" to visit his mother's 'grave' is not due to the painful past, but due to being confronted with his lies and her dying request: To give the pouch to the real JS. Instead he stole his birthright.

He married MH to continue to protect that lie (allowing her to exploit the family like NS)

The Yoons, if they discover the truth, can't help but reflect on what Dr. Han went through growing up. Unlike JS who had a father, Dr Han was thrown in the wind and was treated horribly. His story has already touched the hearts of the Yoons. Now imagine that he's their child; a child they didn't protect because they were purposely being deceived for years. They see JS purposely treating Dr Han horribly--especially when he tried to humiliate him in the board meeting while knowing he is the real JS and it's Dr. Han's rightful place/inheritance.  How do you forgive JS knowing that he has been "working" to keep the truth from you about your child? As a parent, how do you digest that bit of information?

How can the writer gloss over the emotional struggle the Yoons will have to go through in order to cope with this 30 year deception. We haven't even touched on NS and her deception. Then we have the youngest Yoon who has only known faker as his brother.

The writer will probably have the Yoons forgiving fake JS and keeping him as part of the family, but I don't see him wanting to stay after his actions. I just have a feeling that the ending is going to be rushed and very undeveloped--especially, now with the whole SeolHwa and Dr. Han breakup.

We only have 12 episodes left....look how many episodes it took just for Dr. Han to realize he's JS.  I guess the hit and run won't be dealt with in this drama. It would have been nice for the Yoon family after finding out that Dr. Han was their son, go after Madam Sa, but we won't be getting any of that.

I could easily see their being an additional 20 episodes. However I just saw on Dramawiki that it only has 119 episodes and not 120. If that's the case, we only have 11 episodes left.

I have to agree that Seok Hoon had to take Seol Hwa out of the equation so she will not be used by the blackmailing duo. This is in his way to protect Seol Hwa from knowing the truth that her own birth mother had abandoned her. Somehow "I did it for your own good does not summarized when another family who went through financial difficulties to ensure she got her treatments". 

WE saw HeartDr's mom give the pouch to that sad-faced little kid, but HeartDr didn't know about it.  He was traumatized by the fire, being left alone, and falling into the river.  The water in Korea must be really whack, everyone that falls into it loses their memory!  

Think!  The sad-faced brat knows that he isn't the long-lost son, but he won't quit faking even after HeartDr's mom died saving him!  I don't pity him, he was a greedy little snot!  And now he's a big greedy snot!  

Perhaps HeartDr does remember that his mother left him with 'auntie' to rescue the sad-faced little kid, but he doesn't seem to recognize Faker as that "auntie."  We should have a cliff-hanging ending scene with him calling Viper "auntie" soon.  That will be right before the poo hits the fan and everyone ends up stinky.  Ohhhhh...  I can hardly wait!!!

On 5/5/2017 at 6:17 PM, lclarakl said:

@Ldy Gmerm, you mentioned all the scenes I would love to see not in a rushed fashion, but in a well developed way. I wish we were at episode 80 instead of 108. So much to cover and not enough time to reveal it effectively.

As I reflect on it. It is smart of Dr. Han to break up with Seol Hwa so that they don't have a bargaining tool against him or use SH. I hope I'm surprised and his identity is revealed by someone in ep 109.

Side note:   Question--  Are there any other good dramas like Golden Pouch and Person Who Gives Happiness airing or has aired?  I have to say, even though I gripe about little things in the drama, these are my two favorite dramas.  I would love to see something as good as these.  Any recommendations?

The next drama coming after this is called "All Kinds of Daughters-in Law" might end up being interesting. Try it when it starts after this drama and see if you will like it. It's taking over Golden Pouch.

11 minutes ago, missyjojo88 said:

The next drama coming after this is called "All Kinds of Daughters-in Law" might end up being interesting. Try it when it starts after this drama and see if you will like it. It's taking over Golden Pouch.

Thanks @missyjojo88! I will probably start watching it after 70 episodes or more have aired... :lol: I hate watching long daily dramas from day to day. They are so much fun when you watch them back to back. The title of the new dramas seems interesting, although the synopsis don't give much away.  

Again, that you for your response!

3 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

I can't wait for the next episode.. honestly these breaks between episodes are killing me..

Tell me about it.  And looks like all the chingus who write about it have taken a hiatus too...

I am curious how is he going to broach the subject with his father.  I heard in the preview that he calls JR (not dad until he tells him) to talk to him.  Will he come outright and say 'he got his memories back and thank him and Grandma Eun for giving him the pouch and tells them that he is their grandson and that he wanted to make sure of it with a DNA test? '  - I think most of the next episode will be about the break up of SH and Dr. Han.

Where do your imaginations run off to ?

Archived