[Drama 2016-2017] Golden Pouch 황금주머니, Mon-Frid 20:55. Thanks for all your support!

0ly40

26 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

It just dawned on me today that Dr Han has not made the connection that Papa Geum is a dear friend of his mother. Will say that today's episode moved alone quickly---maybe because it was less than 30 minutes.

I am disappointed at how the writer is going with this drama at this point.

I did like how the drama is moving forward.  The streaming was very bad, but I think in the end he moves out of the Guem's house.

Highlights of today's episode was 1) Him finding out about his mom from JR, 2) going to the place where they had JJ's remains (?) 3) Meeting Grandma and as they say blood is thicker than water, he is so attracted to his family 4) Tells Papa Geum he got his memories back.

He has not made the connection that he is JJ's orphanage friend,  but I think Papa Geum will make the connection after visiting JJ at the temple.  (I think!).  How difficult must it have been to remember all the past without knowing his mother's name or her friends or his family since he did not grow up with a dad.  I think Dr. Han always solves one problem after another and so distancing himself from SH (and I think he broke off the marriage and CJ and Papa Geum were surprised in the Preview for the next episode) and going back to his family roots will be good for him.  He has been craving for it from the first episode.  Let's see what happens.  

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DrHan is showing his no- nonsense character once more. The more fake and MH threatened him, the more determined he was to get back to his long lost family. Since JR too has been very accommodating towards him, why should DrHan tow the wishes of fake ...? It was pretty cruel of him to break up with Seolhwa, but that was a necessary move to stop fake from living a lie. It is not JR's wealth that he was after, it is his birthright denied to him just because they lied to both Halmoni and his father JR, way back then. As a result no one was searching for him after fake entered the Yoon household. Otherwise the chances of him being discovered would be higher without fake living a fraud. 

He intended to make his presence known to the board, and he is very steadfast in wanting to correct the wrong. I applaud him, but I feel writer will derail it with Seolhwa heart problem. That should take 5 episodes till 115, and with NS secret being revealed too. So last 5 episodes could be reconciliation and loanshark and Min Hee punishment. Some even predict fake in a near death situation, or his father finally admits to JR the whole truthful situation. Shin Woo in remorse accepted his father, but they will not punish him, in fact grandma had loved him for 30 years, so she will help him start a new life with MH (?) and Kang Pil Doo, away from PJ group of course. 

Ha ha ha .....  wishful thinking ....

MH and Faker under estimated Dr. Han. They thought using Seol Hwa as a tool would stop him from wanting his family back and ousting their lies. Dr. Han has removed Seol Hwa so that she can't be used but that will not stop her truth from coming out. Madam Sa is up to no good and will eventually realize the truth and tell it. Her mouth and personality will not be able to help it.

Fakers is trying to project his own greed for the Yoon's Wealth onto Dr. Han (or MH is) when that was never the case. Dr. Han only wanted to know his family, where he came from and be able to reconnect. But these two rats are trying to keep what does not belong to them and are thinking that they can keep him from claiming what belongs to him.

The more MH and Faker tried to threaten Dr. Han with outing the birth secret of Seol Hwa the more angry and determined Dr. Han has become. Its sad that Seol Hwa has to be hurt this way and he really should have just told her why he was breaking up with her. Seol Hwa would never want him to deny his family by keeping her birth secret. She and Papa G would have told him to let go of the relationship in order to find his family he has been searching for. Seol Hwa was already having twinges but she will end up collapsing from the shock and stress of his abrupt break up and move.

But I see Dr. Han's anger is really fueled by their selfishness and greed but also by their gall to want to use Seol Hwa to keep what they stole. But also in his having to go this route to get back what belongs to him. He does not want to hurt Seol Hwa but she is a casualty of others greed.

The next person to realize that Dr. Han is the Real JS should be NS. She needs a good kick in the a** and get that shock that Dr. Han is JJ's son. Also Papa G needs to be made aware of who Dr. Han's mother really was. Once he finds that out and then who his family is he will give it to NS good. My guess is if he goes to that memorial and sees her picture he will be looking for NS next. AS she lied to him about JJ's whereabouts when she knew for 30 years that JJ was dead and lived in her place.

The secret is going to come out.. no way it will stay hidden. Someone will over hear someone talking at the company or at home. I would like it to be Ji Sang who does because he tends to run and tell whatever he knows (which is awesome) but then he has a double shock coming.. Dr. Han is his half brother by his father and Seol Hwa (who he has liked) is his half sister by his mother. It has to be someone other than Faker, MH and Madam Sa. Even SN finding out or DN is awesome..

It is looking more and more that NS will have to give up what she took by lies in order for her daughter to be happy. She has to pay the piper for her lies and living in a spot never meant for her. In being party to the lie about faker that allowed the real JS to be out in the world and not found by his family.

NO one can tell me faker did not know what he was doing. HE saw and heard that JJ and JS were going to be leaving in 5 days .. he knew with them leaving he would not have a safe haven from his father but also he would loose that care he got from JJ. When he took that pouch to the house he assumed the real JS's life because he was a. jealous and b. because he desired to have love and a family outside of what he really had. I wanted DR. Han to beat him to a bloody pulp at daring to say to him he had no where to go that is why he took his spot.. But he could have found a place to go when his father got out of jail or the Yoons may have taken him in for being a friend to JS. NO he wanted to take JS's place and in doing so he left the real JS out in the world with no one. Come on JJ's last dying words were to give that to her son. But he used it for his own gain.

Faker should be on his knees to Dr. Han every time he sees him but he dares to be defensive and nasty after he has lived a life not his. After he has received love and care not meant for him. His coming home after the beating to asks Madam Eun if she loves him does what as she loves him under the guise of her grandson JS. Its not for their benefit or even Seol Hwa's that he does not want to let go of being JS its for his own. But in coveting and taking what does not belong to him he has to now be exposed in the worst possible way. All of it has to come out from his assuming that life and that KPD was really his father not Dr. Han's to his knowing who Dr. Han really was and trying to keep him from being with his family..

I wanted him to have a bit of family still with these people.. But now I just want faker kicked out and made to leave with MH who will also be loosing everything for her greed. Since her family never was close (with Madam Sa as her mother , I understand) she does not understand family ties and blood but also her own pride at being the one Dr. Han rejected and not wanting Seol Hwa to win in a battle that Seol Hwa was not even a part of.

14 minutes ago, shebagirl said:

DrHan is showing his no- nonsense character once more. The more fake and MH threatened him, the more determined he was to get back to his long lost family. Since JR too has been very accommodating towards him, why should DrHan tow the wishes of fake ...? It was pretty cruel of him to break up with Seolhwa, but that was a necessary move to stop fake from living a lie. It is not JR's wealth that he was after, it is his birthright denied to him just because they lied to both Halmoni and his father JR, way back then. As a result no one was searching for him after fake entered the Yoon household. Otherwise the chances of him being discovered would be higher without fake living a fraud. 

He intended to make his presence known to the board, and he is very steadfast in wanting to correct the wrong. I applaud him, but I feel writer will derail it with Seolhwa heart problem. That should take 5 episodes till 115, and with NS secret being revealed too. So last 5 episodes could be reconciliation and loanshark and Min Hee punishment. Some even predict fake in a near death situation, or his father finally admits to JR the whole truthful situation. Shin Woo in remorse accepted his father, but they will not punish him, in fact grandma had loved him for 30 years, so she will help him start a new life with MH (?) and Kang Pil Doo, away from PJ group of course. 

Ha ha ha .....  wishful thinking ....

@shebagirl- sorry that I am spiteful today after seeing the conversation with MH and Faker - the nerve these two have ;  I am not very happy that he broke up with SH, but it was necessary.  Otherwise, both Faker and MH have been pulling his leg and they think that Dr. Han would give in, but I like the ruthless Dr. Han.  He is so grounded and I like seeing him action.   

1 hour ago, angelwingssf said:

I did like how the drama is moving forward.  The streaming was very bad, but I think in the end he moves out of the Guem's house.

Highlights of today's episode was 1) Him finding out about his mom from JR, 2) going to the place where they had JJ's remains (?) 3) Meeting Grandma and as they say blood is thicker than water, he is so attracted to his family 4) Tells Papa Geum he got his memories back.

He has not made the connection that he is JJ's orphanage friend,  but I think Papa Geum will make the connection after visiting JJ at the temple.  (I think!).  How difficult must it have been to remember all the past without knowing his mother's name or her friends or his family since he did not grow up with a dad.  I think Dr. Han always solves one problem after another and so distancing himself from SH (and I think he broke off the marriage and CJ and Papa Geum were surprised in the Preview for the next episode) and going back to his family roots will be good for him.  He has been craving for it from the first episode.  Let's see what happens.  

@angelwingssf, I love how real JS and his family feel a connection to each other. His family doesn't understand why they feel so comfortable around him. I loved when his father told him that he didn't really feel close to fake JS . ..he wasn't sure why.  

For me, the drama is really beginning to move forward, but what I'm disappointed in is now we're going to have an issue between Real JS and SeolHwa.......we don't have time for an issue between them; there is so much to reveal at this point. I'm ready for family to know the truth that they have been living with imposters. NS the leader of the gang with a daughter and fake JS with his real father---all are known by the Yoons. I expect to see anger and feelings of betrayal.

Just not enough episodes....look how quick today's episode past.....don't need another issue.

1 hour ago, lclarakl said:

@angelwingssf, I love how real JS and his family feel a connection to each other. His family doesn't understand why they feel so comfortable around him. I loved when his father told him that he didn't really feel close to fake JS . ..he wasn't sure why.  

For me, the drama is really beginning to move forward, but what I'm disappointed in is now we're going to have an issue between Real JS and SeolHwa.......we don't have time for an issue between them; there is so much to reveal at this point. I'm ready for family to know the truth that they have been living with imposters. NS the leader of the gang with a daughter and fake JS with his real father---all are known by the Yoons. I expect to see anger and feelings of betrayal.

Just not enough episodes....look how quick today's episode past.....don't need another issue.

You are right about that.  They should have done this 10 episodes ago.  Because people lose interest in the daily after the main event is over.  So, I think Writer tends to push all the revelations to the end. I like dramas which depict a 'Bell Curve' - half of the episodes for raveling and the other half for unravelling.   

He had to break it off even though he loves her.  She is a step sibling as long as NS is married to JR.  Unless there is a divorce , he cannot be with her ;  He does not want to put SH in the middle of this fight.  

It would be wonderful if Dr. Han lets the cat out of the bag in the boardroom shaming Faker in front of his father and the entire staff.  Since he neither spiteful nor vindictive, it would be  "Another wishful thinking."  

I would really like to see Dr. Han confront NS after realizing she knew his mother and was the Aunt that stayed with them around the time of the fire. I think once he finds out that Papa G knew his mother as well and the three were suppose to be close like family he will figure out she also knew of the switch. I think NS needs to get a shock realizing the real JS is alive and who he is. She also needs to be made aware that due to her marriage to his father he has had to break up with Seol Hwa because Faker and MH know and are trying to keep what does not belong to them.

1 hour ago, ira2a said:

Only 2 episodes next week, Thursday, May 11,  -ep. 109,  Friday, May 12 - ep. 110.

Argh, argh, ARGH!!!!   I was already feeling bad from the breakup of our beloved pair, and now the writer will drag it on for the next 2 episodes and we will go a full 10 days or more before anything positive happens. Die elections, DIE!!!

1 hour ago, jayakris said:

Argh, argh, ARGH!!!!   I was already feeling bad from the breakup of our beloved pair, and now the writer will drag it on for the next 2 episodes and we will go a full 10 days or more before anything positive happens. Die elections, DIE!!!

This gives you a chance to watch CRAP like LIDD if they were aired.

1 hour ago, jayakris said:

I just hope that the following 2 weeks (last 10 episodes) will go without interruptions and  we'll have out happy ending. 

What's about the rumors that JS is not JR's son that I see on other forums? Are those simply wild speculations or there is something?  

Are the subs up on any free sites - ep 108 ?

5 minutes ago, ira2a said:

I just hope that the following 2 weeks (last 10 episodes) will go without interruptions and  we'll have out happy ending. 

What's about the rumors that JS is not JR's son that I see on other forums? Are those simply wild speculations or there is something?  

I think they were just wishing for it.  I think he is JR son, because you can see lot of character resemblance between Dr. Han and Ji - sang.  If what the viewers are saying that Ji sang is also not JR 's son, the yoon family was like a orphanage for greedy people taking advantage of the wealthy just so that they did not do a background check on them.

23 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

I think they were just wishing for it.  I think he is JR son, because you can see lot of character resemblance between Dr. Han and Ji - sang.  If what the viewers are saying that Ji sang is also not JR 's son, the yoon family was like a orphanage for greedy people taking advantage of the wealthy just so that they did not do a background check on them.

Thank you. Yeah, some are just wishing for a quicker way out of the situation...

8 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

The next person to realize that Dr. Han is the Real JS should be NS. She needs a good kick in the a** and get that shock that Dr. Han is JJ's son. Also Papa G needs to be made aware of who Dr. Han's mother really is. Once he finds that out and then who his family is he will give it to NS good. My guess is if he goes to that memorial and sees her picture he will be looking for NS next. AS she lied to him about JJ's whereabouts when she knew for 30 years that JJ was dead and lived in her place.

@Ldy Gmerm, you mentioned all the scenes I would love to see not in a rushed fashion, but in a well developed way. I wish we were at episode 80 instead of 108. So much to cover and not enough time to reveal it effectively.

As I reflect on it. It is smart of Dr. Han to break up with Seol Hwa so that they don't have a bargaining tool against him or use SH. I hope I'm surprised and his identity is revealed by someone in ep 109.

Side note:   Question--  Are there any other good dramas like Golden Pouch and Person Who Gives Happiness airing or has aired?  I have to say, even though I gripe about little things in the drama, these are my two favorite dramas.  I would love to see something as good as these.  Any recommendations?

It certainly is not fair to not air this drama at another time slot. Somehow there seem to be many setbacks in the course of this drama. The lead lady issues and the constant change of airing time gets to be so frustrating really. This will be my last daily I feel, it does take too much of my time and patience ( sanity too). I just want to see how the truth gets unfold, and the how writer is going to punish the three witches.  Well, if NS shows real remorse and repent , I can just about accept, but the two Baes are beyond redemption really. 

Many wants to see Jisang as not a real Yoon, I think he is one true son of NS and JR. He and DrHan has a pleasant and polite demeanour, good hearted too. So if Shin Woo shows a reluctance to fight further into the greed of becoming the President or accept reality, DrHan would easily forgive him and set him on a new path in life. Even after Min Kyu had him for malpractice, he was angry but later decide to look the other way because of DooNa. He is not vindictive and has a very admirable personality. A principled person even if it means having to set aside his love ( temporarily I hope) for Seolhwa to seek truth and justice. Arm twisting and blackmail is not his traits, he finds that disgusting. So do we all viewers ...

Ep 108 w/subs:

I loved the scene where Viper2 was telling HeartDr that he would be hurting his family by telling them Faker2 wasn't their blood.  The nerve of that girl!

OK, the poo starts hitting the fan now!  The list of those who know Heroine's identity is too long for the secret to remain a secret.  HeartDr knows that everything will be revealed and he cannot marry Heroine, therefore it is pointless to continue the relationship.  All will be understood when all is revealed.  

HeartDr is so much smarter than those two bumbling second-class con artists.  It wasn't that they conned him, he simply never suspected they were capable of such perfidy.  Now that he knows what Faker2 & Viper2 are capable of, he will take action.  Ep 108 was the start of his Action Plan.  If those two con artists are willing to use Heroine as the blade to cute their own necks, fine with him.  

1)  HeartDr will NEVER let those two con artists claim 'his' family!  

2)  HeartDr will NEVER let those two con artists blackmail him AND/OR use Heroine against him.

3)  HeartDr will handle this like a seasoned pro:  He will tell RichDad and Granny, to assuage their doubts he will suggest a DNA test.  The waiting period for results will consume at least one episode, maybe two.  There will be no 'outing' drama in the boardroom.  He will tell RichDad prior to the meeting so Faker2 won't even stand a chance in the boardroom.  

4)  When the DNA results are revealed, RichDad will give his lyin' wife the what-for!   As she knew HeartDr's mother, she certainly knew that Faker2 was not RichDad's kid.     Aye yi yi!  The end of her world is coming and we can see it barreling down upon her. Yippee!

4)  Faker, aka LyinWife, will be OK, as she has her own fashion company.  Too bad she liquidated assets to make a big donation for her secret son-in-law, HeartDr.  Except he won't be her secret son-in-law, he will be the one to rain misery on her and out the scam she has perpetrated on the Yoon family.  

5)  Viper2 will either stay with Faker2 or she will skulk off to the US, from whence she came.

I think Heroine and HeartDr will NOT be together in The End.  Heroine remains daughter of Faker, who hurt the Yoon family.  Even if Faker leaves the family, Heroine remains half-sister to HeartDr's younger brother.   Don't think Koreans will let someone's half-sister also be their sister-in-law.  Or will let the eldest son marry his half-brother's half-sister.  That is just too whack!  

I think Faker2 will reconcile with his real father whom HeartDr saved.  Will have to wait until episode 120 to know.  

7 hours ago, ira2a said:

What he hasn't returned is her lucky owl charm.  It's pains me to watch. 

I don't think he will.  He wants to hold on to that.  That is the first gift from his love.  Just like that, she will not return the watch to him.  She would want to keep him in her thoughts.  

It does pain to watch our OTP being separated.  He had to do it.  Earlier, he had no childhood memories and he did not know who he was.  So, it was ok with him even if she was not a Geum.  Dr. Han did not care.  But now, with his memories back and Faker trying to chew him out of his birthright , he cannot have a relationship with her or marry her when he knows that her biological mother is the wife of his  bio father.  Also, he cannot put her in the mud fight between the faker, viper2, and himself.  He is too righteous for that.  It pains me to see the Geum's crying especially SH and mother asking her to stop him.  They don't know the real reason, but it will be out soon.  Hopefully SH does not fall sick before he tells his family.

Archived