[Drama 2016-2017] Golden Pouch 황금주머니, Mon-Frid 20:55. Thanks for all your support!

0ly40

Yes, that's very logical.  For SHm and SHf to end up together something or someone has to give.  Right now there still are too many variables. I cannot imagine  how writers planning to  to stuff all that into 20 episodes.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does it seems that the drama lately, seems to focus more on Min Hee than on Seol Hwa? Seriously, Seol Hwa lately seems more like a side character. The other characters are working hard to discover identities and Seol Hwa just naively floats alone.

What is really beginning to bother me about this drama is how ridiculous it is to think someone is going to go into someone's home and get strands of hair off the floor--that could belong to anybody. Unless the hair contains the root, it's of no use for DNA. For once in this drama, I would like for the "good" people to out smart the "bad" people.

I am truly, extremely tired of Min Hee being the smartest person in this drama. We're seeing more of her than anybody else in the drama.

Lol ... I stop watching this drama a couple of episodes back because I couldn't stand MH knowing everything and is alway ahead of the game. Everyone else are so slow & dumb. I just couldn't watch that actress playing that character. Every time I see her face on screen and act innocent & double snake next, I want to punch her face. The actress has the facial expressions that makes one dislike her so much. Even back then in ep 1, I didn't like her face.

How is that MH can just walk into DrHan's office, mess around his in-tray and even switched the results .... such a jerk richard simmons woman ...!! We were expecting it to happen, but to see it in real just makes me so frustrated .... the bad guy gets away again .... damn ...!

Mother and daughter are real garbage, both all out to destroy just anyone who can be a threat to them ... very exasperated seeing them walking into people's private areas....! Am lost for words .... stunned.... maybe I should stay away for a few weeks. 

@Ldy Gmerm

All your predictions and scenarios are playing out in this drama one by one...:)

Now that MH has found out and confirmed her worst fears, she went to confront the faker who finally admitted to her he is KSW. An agitated MH was seen shaking the faker in the preview and telling him he will forever live as and be "YJS".

Also in the preview, the faker was heard saying, "Mine, mine, mine." It is clear now he has decided to lay a stake/claim on things he has while living his life as an imposter.

The faker is going to become a practitioner of the dark side by drawing on his darker emotions and let his jealousy, fear, anger, hatred and aggression get the better of him.

He is going to collaborate with his greedy wife and is pledging his allegiance to the dark side. He vows to hold on to everything he has and has been given and would not give up his lifestyle without a fight.

Dr. Han seems to be on the right track to becoming the president of the PJ Medical Foundation.

JR ordered his trusted aide Mr. Choi to contact the faker who has missed work  after getting himself drunk again.

JR showed NS the articles in the newspapers that featured Dr. Han and his work, telling her Dr. Han and his positive influence are contributing factors to putting their company in the limelight. JR likes the good reputation his company is gaining.

JR will become suspicious of NS if she starts putting Dr. Han down (again) after MH starts to threaten NS by exposing her front and lies. MH will ask NS to help drive Dr. Han out of the company after NS is told Dr. Han is the real heir.

Madam Sa tried to find out more about Dr. Han from DN who became skeptical of her sudden interest in her "brother".

Madam Sa should be charged for trespassing and stealing. CJ should have called the police instead of buying her story she was visiting to collect "baachan" for DN.

CJ found it odd Madam Sa came without causing a ruckus and was in a hurry to leave after she was "discovered".

Very lame and sloppy writing again today as NS caught MH with the faker's toothbrush at a time where MH should be working in her office. This and her uneasy demeanor were red flags that should have made NS questioned and stopped her from leaving without tailing her.

Dr. Han suspects KPD is not his real father but continues to call him "father". He was initially unwilling to run the paternity test thinking it will hurt KPD's feelings although it was KPD who suggested they should do it.

In episode 96, KPD bought some chocolates for Dr. Han remembering how he liked them when he was a kid. Dr. Han surprised KPD by saying he doesn't eat them. Both men looked awkward after that. These little tell-tale signs that have started to surface are indications these two men might not be related. 

I think it will not take long before another paternity test has to be done after KPD starts his course of chemotherapy. He might not respond to it and has to be operated on which calls for a series of tests to be done that will reveal Dr. Han and KPD are not compatible.

In the cliffhanger scene, Dr. Han saw MH holding the unsealed envelope that contained the DNA result. Will he be smart enough to smell a rat or will the more intelligent villain MH be able to conjure some ambiguous explanations to bail herself out of the sticky situation? I guess the answer would be the latter because the villain always wins since she is sharper and more quick-witted than Doctor Han!

SN confirmed her suspicions Dr. Han and SH are dating after seeing them holding hands again. SH was not ready to let her parents know but Dr. Han is.

SH is allowing herself to be "blackmailed" by SN by offering her the dress SN wants and some other stuff in exchange for her silence. SN is always wearing and using SH's stuff without her permission. Now SN has a better reason to take and keep SH's things for good...

On a side note, MH is only making use of her own mom to gather KPD's DNA. MH didn't even bother to give her mom a lift although her mom was carrying those "baachan" from CJ and got her what she wanted.

All MH wanted to do was to rush home to retrieve the faker's toothbrush in order to rush it and the hair strands collected from KPD's room to SH Human Lab.

@shebagirl Right? MH's behavior is so unbelievable and absurd!! I am boiling as we speak at the sight and thought of her! I don't usually comment on the physical appearance of actresses, but MH is making me want to call her "Pan Face"!

I find it ridiculous the envelope containing the DNA result is unsealed, unlabelled and not marked "Confidential" considering the sensitive nature of why such tests are normally conducted.

EDIT: The faker is going to hit the roof when he hears Dr. Han calling Madam Eun "Halmoni". Madam Eun insisted Dr. Han stopped calling her "elder" on the phone earlier. He had wanted to ask and find out more about the incense pouch but stopped short of asking.

Ep 96:  (w/o Eng subs)

With 20+ episodes remaining, the switched pair saga will carry on for at least 19 more episodes.  

WHO would think to check someone's purse for another DNA test report?  No one.  It would be assumed someone was reading your confidential mail.  Forget all the hokey 'toothbrush & spare hair" testing material, common KDrama tropes.  Look at how much work is involved to get other samples, run the tests, and then to switch the results.  Only KDrama could pull that off.  And we were all witnesses to how much bad writing was required.  

The PitViper and FakeHeir will collude and conspire to maintain their fake places.  Wonder if they will start to actually 'live together' as a married couple?  Their machinations will continue for 20 more episodes with them running interference in the relationship between Heroine and HeartDr.  

WRITERS, RealHeir, 2ndBro, should stop talking like he has an IQ of 60 and got conked-on-the-head with a camera or other heavy object!

I predict:  FakeHeir's love for Heroine will prevail and in The End he will forsake himself, again, for her to have happiness, to marry the HeartDr and live a wealthy life.   Plus, he will get to take his fake stepmom down with him.  His fake brother will be OK as RichDad is truly his dad.  

In The End, HeartDr will run the foundation and FakeHeir will develop pizzas.  Let's hope Faker will shave her head and retire to a temple where she will pray the remainder of her life for the harm she has inflicted on those around her.

This drama is becoming so disappointingly predictable. Each episode I hope the the obvious doesn't happen and then it happens.  I wasn't disappointed in fake JS in the beginning because he thought real JS was dead. Not only that, he was an abused child of 6 years old looking for a better life. However, I'm giving him a little time to adjust, but he needs to come clean now. It will be hard to tell the truth and lose the 'good' family he now has, but he's separating a son from his family that he now knows is alive. I hope the writer doesn't continue to drag this foolishness out. JS and his father needs to build a bond. It is very clear that his father is a changed man.

What is more ridiculous for me is that Dr Han is a DOCTOR and he's listening to people that says his memories are not his.:huh: More than that, sadly, SeolHwa is the most disappointing because she has not developed one tiny ounce.

8 hours ago, watchumlots said:

WHO would think to check someone's purse for another DNA test report?  No one.  It would be assumed someone was reading your confidential mail.

LOL. The writer thinks the audience aren't attentive and have a short memory. We saw MH put her copy of KPD and the faker's DNA test result back into its envelope before she rushed off to Dr. Han's office. However, MH somehow had the time to remove it from the envelope while driving, then rushing to Dr. Han's office to facilitate a smoother switch of DNA results. 

When the supposedly brighter MH was sifting through Dr. Han's load of mails, she took the time to look at the smaller envelopes before she hit the jackpot to find a similar one from SH Human Lab, that is, I stress again unsealed.

If I were Dr. Han, I would ring SH Human Lab to check if the result has been tampered with since the document arrived unsealed! I have no experience with paternity tests. Can names of the subject to be tested on be listed as simply "Sample A" and "Sample B"? Is there a need to write down the names of those (in this case KPD and HSH) who are undergoing the DNA test?

Well I guess it could be anonymous since the result is not a document they want to present before a court etc.

4 hours ago, lclarakl said:

This drama is becoming so disappointingly predictable. Each episode I hope the the obvious doesn't happen and then it happens.  I wasn't disappointed in fake JS in the beginning because he thought real JS was dead. Not only that, he was an abused child of 6 years old looking for a better life. However, I'm giving him a little time to adjust, but he needs to come clean now. It will be hard to tell the truth and lose the 'good' family he now has, but he's separating a son from his family that he now knows is alive. I hope the writer doesn't continue to drag this foolishness out. JS and his father needs to build a bond. It is very clear that his father is a changed man.

KPD was released on parole based on compassionate grounds. He was desperate to meet his son at least once before perishing from this earth.

He clearly appeared more subdued, sober, lonely, remorseful and guilt ridden. He has cleaned up his act as an alcoholic and was ready to die without receiving appropriate treatment for his lung cancer. KPD refused medical care apart from the painkillers although Dr. Han assured him the expenses are not a worry as the Medical Foundation will take care of them. KPD reiterated how he doesn't deserve to be healed or treated because he had been an abusive and irresponsible father to his only son.

The faker hates KPD and thinks his reappearance now is ruining the good life he is enjoying. I think he is torn but deep in his heart, he still has an ounce of care and concern for the only parent he knows after his mother ran away from him and his father when he was young.

The faker is stalking KPD, at the hospital, near the Geum's, and he was looking at the footage taken by Ji Sang at the free clinic booths on at least two occasions. He wouldn't be doing that if he really despises his birth father.

Despite the physical abuses, KPD took the faker out fishing and to the Hornbeam Forrest when he was not intoxicated. KPD remembers the faker liked chocolates when he was a kid.

I think the faker is confused and hurt on one hand. On the other hand, he is conscious and curious about KPD knowing he is back as a rugged and very sick man with a terminal illness, lung cancer.

Let's hope the faker turns around when he hears that KPD needs an urgent blood transfusion that he can only provide later in the drama. This could be the act that will help redeem the faker, restore his faith in human relationships, mend his rift with KPD (bury the hatchet) before KPD faces the inevitable.

In the meantime, we will see and endure 24 more episodes of MH and her mom's shenanigans. The faker will display more of his nasty and ugly sides because of his pettiness and jealousy. His actions and behavior will persist and will upset JR and Madam Eun further.

The faker might surprise Madam Eun by throwing the new incense pouch Madam Eun is planning to make specially for Dr. Han. He took JR and Madam Eun by surprise when he bluntly told Dr. Han not to come over to the Yoon's too often to examine his "Halmoni" the day Dr. Han joined the Yoon's for dinner.

NS has told MH to invite Madam Sa for a meal since they haven't met up after the wedding. I can't wait to hear Madam Sa lashed out by mistake her list of "grievances" now that she is aware her daughter has married and is holding on to a "rotten lifeline". I hope Madam Sa finds out SH is NS birth daughter before her meeting with NS too. She will not be able to hold her tongue and anger at NS and the faker much longer.

On another note, I find it coincidental Madam Sa's name, "Sa Gui Jeong" sounds like " 사기꾼":lol:, meaning "fraud" or "swindle".

16 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Lol ... I stop watching this drama a couple of episodes back because I couldn't stand MH knowing everything and is alway ahead of the game. Everyone else are so slow & dumb. I just couldn't watch that actress playing that character. Every time I see her face on screen and act innocent & double snake next, I want to punch her face. The actress has the facial expressions that makes one dislike her so much. Even back then in ep 1, I didn't like her face.

@cheekychipmunk_stv  We still have about another 10 episodes to go before all starts to fit in place.. But I think SHw identity will be the first to be exposed because MH will try and get rid of NS to protect her and JS place in the family.. She knows NS will never expose herself as passing off a fake to the family but I still think her lip service mom will be the one that spill the beans thinking she's giving lip service to someone..

On 4/14/2017 at 8:34 AM, lclarakl said:

Why does it seems that the drama lately, seems to focus more on Min Hee than on Seol Hwa? Seriously, Seol Hwa lately seems more like a side character. The other characters are working hard to discover identities and Seol Hwa just naively floats alone.

What is really beginning to bother me about this drama is how ridiculous it is to think someone is going to go into someone's home and get strands of hair off the floor--that could belong to anybody. Unless the hair contains the root, it's of no use for DNA. For once in this drama, I would like for the "good" people to out smart the "bad" people.

I am truly, extremely tired of Min Hee being the smartest person in this drama. We're seeing more of her than anybody else in the drama.

i think this happens to in blow breeze, the lead couple just supporting cast, the villain so central in the story

13 minutes ago, gomugomuno said:

pizzaaas?? what about dumplings?

I think the pic for the show is just misleading. Golden pouch obviously is the pouch that liens SH to Yoon family. The whole story is about this precious pouch that Mdm Eun made for her DIL.

Dumplings pic because Geum family took both SH into their home and regard them as their children. So end of the day ... Geum Dumplings have no importance to this drama except a warm loving place that welcomes abandoned people and give them a new lease of life.

I'm hoping JS will not go to the dark side. Too many toxic people controlling him. SW need's to sprinkle some of her GOODY dust on JS and make him decent being again. Like he always said being with SW make him feel like a good person and walk straight path instead of a monster.

This show is ridiculous how a stranger can just open people's gate and just walk in. Don't these people lock their gates at all?

And how come Dr Han never keep such confidential docs in drawers nor is such doc sealed??? 

What about SW heart problems that writer showed us in earlier episodes? ??

1 hour ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

This show is ridiculous how a stranger can just open people's gate and just walk in. Don't these people lock their gates at all?

And how come Dr Han never keep such confidential docs in drawers nor is such doc sealed??? 

What about SW heart problems that writer showed us in earlier episodes? ??

The writer put it that way so we keep arguing ridiculous things

SW heart problem not there anymore since she is already with HeartDr

The story's going nowhere, as if the writer is experimenting on how best to bring closure or demise to convoluted characters. It is easy to create as many twists and turns as you can in a drama character. The untangling is what is worrisome, because there is always to tendency to miss some facts that were brought out before. Like the faker's character vacillates. First he did not want to take anything from the Yoons except his privileged life. He wanted to earn on his own merits and live away from them, shunning company positions. Now he wants everything? In one discussion about this drama, one commented that even if Golden Pouch is 500-episode long, the meandering and dead-end plot lines will never cease and most will not get resolved because the writer is sloppy.

Seol Hwa remains disconnected. The character hasn't grown/improved one bit. She's still a careless, clueless airhead. Even Doo Na's character matured. Never mind Sae Na cause she's a bit player. There were some posters that commented on the frumpy wardrobe of Seol Hwa. Weird that SN was coveting her clothes...does this mean she's got a closet full of nicer clothes but elect to wear clothes that make her look like a temp worker at a convenience store???

Seok Hoon was intelligent, smart and quick-witted in the beginning. Now he's like a pendulum, swinging from being smart to being pathetic and idiotic. Seok Hoon and Seol Hwa never learned their lessons after dealing with the the viciousness of Viper 2 on several occasions. Those phones, paper work, ring or whatever...important stuff just left there in plain view. Why leave your phone on your desk. You've got a bag and deep pockets. Sealed envelopes? Nah. Considering that even secret missives during the Joseon era were sealed (saw that in Rooftop Prince).

@sk0317you mentioned the actress playing MH as "pan face." I wanted to see what she really looked like. So I checked. It seems she's got major work done on her face. Pity. She looked better before.

3 hours ago, nrlfan4ever said:

First he did not want to take anything from the Yoons except his privileged life. He wanted to earn on his own merits and live away from them, shunning company positions. Now he wants everything? 

he used to be so cool and now he's not, i wish you would tell me why

do you want to make a dumpling?

lol

Faker has forgotten one important fact. That place he is in was never his to begin with. A lot of this is the fear and trauma from the abuse he received from KPD. He does not want to remember that time and go back to it. But KPD has changed and does not have long possibly to live. Also once Dr. Han realizes the truth (either by his own memories or from a DNA test) he will recognize faker and realize faker has been living his life and realized who Dr. Han was and tried to keep him away from his family and keep that place he will be so very angry. Dr. Han could have forgiven faker for living that lie until faker decided to actively keep what does not belong to him. 

Faker does not want to face the past but the past is coming for him anyway. Siding with MH to keep a spot that was never his to have will lead him to be exposed and having to face up to what he endured and what he has done in living that life that NS forced him into then wanting to hold on to it.

His life as JS is a fake and he has never been comfortable in it and he should have walked away from it or at the very least came clean about it. Not doing so and deciding to be angry about Dr. Han being the real JS and wanting to find his family is the wrong thing to do. Its disrespectful to JJ who gave him motherly warmth and shared her home with him when he was younger. Why is it ok for her son to be left with no knowledge of who his family really is and the kid she watched years ago to live the life that her son was suppose to have?

As I mentioned before there will prolly be something that causes blood to tell the truth. Either on the side of KPD which requires blood from his real son, the faker. Or from the Yoon's which will require blood from Dr. Han. Or because MH has been caught in his office looking at private and personal documents such as the DNA report. Dr. Han could get smart and asks for a new copy of the DNA report to compare what was in the envelope.

Archived