[Drama 2016-2017] Golden Pouch 황금주머니, Mon-Frid 20:55. Thanks for all your support!

0ly40

2 hours ago, shebagirl said:

Now, when was Seolhwa conceived ..? After the fire or before ...? These sequence of events can show us if JR helped NS into her modelling career, and later married her, so that her past as an orphan was not known to the Yoon.

When JS was dating SH it was mentioned that she was 4 (or 6?) years younger then he.  So she was conceived after JS was accepted into the Yoon's family.  In some other episode it was mentioned that JS was first taken into Y's family alone.  He had problems adjusting and family had difficulties raising him, so they have invited NS to help them with the boy as he knew her before (was it grandma who told that story?).  Later, while already living in their house she has married JR.  She did tell papa Geum that something came up when she needed money for the sick daughter before leaving her. I think she left her to be able to come into the Y's family to begin caring for  JS.  She had to choose between her daughter and the rich family. She made her choice in favor of the rich family.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When was Heroine conceived???  KDrama does all kinda crazy things with timing.  Time has little relevance with KDrama.  If one notices, most KDrama parents are old.  The actors playing their kids are supposed to be in their 20s, but the parents look as though they are in their 60s.  Means parents had kids when in their 40s.  SAY WHAT?  I would recommend NEVER trying to piece together KDrama time lines.

Almost 3 weeks of episodes remaining, lots of stuff will NOT happen.  EVERYTHING happens in the last 2 episodes. There will be lots of wheel-spinning and non-action.  And imitation suspense.  And aggravation.  And frustration.  Especially since the only thing between The End and Happily Ever After is a DNA test:  HeartDr marching into the Mansion, spilling the beans to Granny or RichDad and saying "Let's take a DNA test!"  We would immediately be at The End.  Or one episode short of it.  But NOOOOoooo!  It will take 12 more episodes to get to 2 episodes short of The End.  

If you consider NS's words that she cannot trust faker, it could mean that it was he who first grabbed the opportunity to pass himself as the real Joon Sang. He knows that story behind and the importance of the incense pouch. He was there when Jin Joo was consoling Joon Sang and telling him the pouch was a present made by Grandma Eun for Joon Sang. She mentioned that they will be living with the Yoons after five days as she made a promise to Joon Sang's dad. Faker was coveting his neighbor's mom since he did not have one and his father is mainly absent from his life. So it is possible that once he saw the opportunity to better his life, he grabbed it. He continued the lie until he's grown up. I think NS sees through him – that he's a wolf in sheep's clothing. He appears meek, docile and obedient but deep inside, he's got that greediness and nastiness and he does not have any shame.

Looking closely at the pouch, Grandma Eun did make a similar one for Dr. Han, that is why some childhood memories surfaced, because it looked exactly like the one that his mom JJ showed him. Glad that now he fully acknowledges that he is the real Yoon Joon Sang.

When he was talking with the detective, the man mentioned Joon Sang was not registered at birth that is why there was no record of him. I think it will be an important fact later. Since he was not registered while the faker, I suppose, was registered in the Yoon family registry, he will opt to remain as Daniel/Seok Hoon Han. He's main purpose is to find his family, discover who he really is and know that his mother did not abandon him. In one scenario, he may not even tell the Yoons that he is in fact the real Yoon Joon Sang, because he now knows the truth. In another, he will take faker to task for continuing living a deceitful existence under the care of the Yoons when he already knows that Seok Hoon is the real grandson. He will also be too angry at faker for trying to put blocks along the way in his quest to find out who he really is. 

Faker has the right to be uncertain and afraid because he has not had a formidable opponent before. He does not know how Dr. Han will handle the knowledge he now has and how he will proceed. Dr. Han keeps things close to his chest. He's analytical and considers all options. He's a tactician. He has the time to wait until all the facts are on the table. He can be very objective and he thinks outside the box. Faker on the other hand grasps at proverbial straws. He does not think much but acts on what's fed to him. He keeps on convincing himself that he is YJS. Even if he runs out of breathe, the fact remains that he's not and never will be the real grandson. JR and Grandma Eun may be magnanimous and set him up for life AFTER he's revealed everything and ask to be forgiven for all his actions, considering that he was their son/grandson for close to 30 years. It is up to him if he wants to continue being married to viper. Will he be allowed to keep the name Joon Sang? Will he remain a Yoon?  I cannot tell. 

I hope he'll give faker a good beating. It would be nice if Papa Geum, Mama Geum, MK, DN or SN can overhear their verbal exchange so at least more people will know the truth. He has the right to use violence on faker and faker deserves the beating, after what he's done to make life very difficult for Dr. Han who was only after making the foundation a success. It is not a commercial enterprise, so whatever capital it has must come from seed money and donations. That's one thing that faker does not understand. He's after profit (?) for a medical foundation? WTH? If you believe that you are Yoon Joon Sang, why are you so afraid?

NS must confess as everything snowballed from her lies. She has to make the ultimate sacrifice to ensure that her own daughter SH will be happy; that her friend, JJ's son, will also be happy and to make amends to JJ for denying her. JJ should visit Grandma Eun again in her dreams and give her food for thought that will lead to the realization that Seok Hoon is Joon Sang, the real heir. 

Papa Geum must set things right with Seol Hwa and Choo Ja, to relieve himself of the burden. 

Ji Sang, Min Kyu, Doo Na and Sae Na must have roles to play in revealing the truth. Loan shark mama and viper daughter should go to prison. Writers, do not let these two pollute the Han River with their filthy bodies.

8 hours ago, sk0317 said:

Only 14 more episodes for SH to reconcile with her birth mom, papa Geum to come clean with the lie he has been telling CJ plus the rest of the Geum's family, hopefully see Madam Sa, the faker, MH and NS get their fair share of punishment. And Dr. Han acknowledging his blood family before marrying SH.

There are only 14 episodes left, this makes me wonder what will be left unsaid. As I've been saying for about 40 episodes, there is still so much to unravel. 

One thing is very clear is that fake JS took the incense bag while the house was burning. This tells me that he had hoped to meet the Yoon family before anyone else. It also tells me that he must have known that real JS mother had died in the fire. 

When fake friend NS saw JS holding the incense bag, she immediately knew what he planned and joined him. When he had a moment of conscience, she threaten him. They both entered the family for their own selfish personal and financial gains. They set out to defraud this family. 

I personally don't think there is going to be a satisfactory ending. The fact that Madam Sa so far has been given a pass on the hit and run of Dr Han makes me think this is how other "crimes" will be handled. Sadly, 14 episodes is not enough time to properly handle all the remaining issues.

4 hours ago, watchumlots said:

SAY WHAT?  I would recommend NEVER trying to piece together KDrama time lines.

Ha ha ha .... point taken. Anyway I recall NS telling father Geum, she could not afford to pay for Seolhwa's treatment, and even asked money from him once when he was working at a restaurant. Am inclined to think she had sent Seolhwa to the orphanage before the fire. After the fire only she met JR, and seeing that she claimed to be JJ friend, she got JR to start her with the modelling work. If she had Seolhwa while working as a model, she could have afforded Seolhwa medical bill. Am trying to understand why she did not stop Shin Woo earlier on from lying about being Joon Sang. After all, she was not in any relationship yet with JR, she only used him to get into a career after Shin Woo got into the Yoon household. There was no promises of being Mrs Yoon then.

What I am trying to get at is that even as a six year old boy Shin Woo was already very bold and very deceptive, to lie about his real self...! He looked meek, and insecure in the earlier episodes that I felt so sorry for him and defended him when many here find fault with him..!  I must have been duped by that tender looking person, often seen so obliging to NS after the constant cruel stare and harsh words to him. So when he wrote his name in the sand, erased it and replaced with Yoon Joon Sang was his way of telling NS he wants to be him ...??  If true, then fake is indeed a frightening person. No wonder NS was always reminding him about his greed. 

His present state of mind only strengthens my belief that fake is repulsive, since he has not shown any remorse towards his father or DrHan after being discovered. My, my ... he makes a good partner with MH ... both disgustingly foul in character. Am now expecting these two to cause mayhem to DrHan before JR and grandma get the chance to find out the truth. Looks like NS will be the only one who can save DrHan from being tricked by these two vile beings. Seolhwa will be his indirect guardian angel ....

5 hours ago, watchumlots said:

Almost 3 weeks of episodes remaining, lots of stuff will NOT happen.  EVERYTHING happens in the last 2 episodes. There will be lots of wheel-spinning and non-action.  And imitation suspense.  And aggravation.  And frustration.  Especially since the only thing between The End and Happily Ever After is a DNA test:  HeartDr marching into the Mansion, spilling the beans to Granny or RichDad and saying "Let's take a DNA test!"  We would immediately be at The End.  Or one episode short of it.  But NOOOOoooo!  It will take 12 more episodes to get to 2 episodes short of The End.  

@watchumlots, I agree that lost of stuff will not happen. I think Seol Hwa needs to know who her real mother and brother are; I think mama Geum needs to have time to adjust to the fact that her daughter has another "mother" in the picture. The same with the Yoons.  I honestly do not see how the Yoons, although it's been over 30s years, still want to be with people who they've never known and has deceived them.

That's why I wonder if Dr. Han will claim his family or just keep the Geums as his family and love the Yoons from a distance. However, fake JS and MH cannot stay in their places--they must be moved out. 

It's a lot to cover. This is a drama that I now think needs an extension.

2 hours ago, lclarakl said:

@watchumlots, I agree that lost of stuff will not happen. I think Seol Hwa needs to know who her real mother and brother are; I think mama Geum needs to have time to adjust to the fact that her daughter has another "mother" in the picture. The same with the Yoons.  I honestly do not see how the Yoons, although it's been over 30s years, still want to be with people who they've never known and has deceived them.

That's why I wonder if Dr. Han will claim his family or just keep the Geums as his family and love the Yoons from a distance. However, fake JS and MH cannot stay in their places--they must be moved out. 

It's a lot to cover. This is a drama that I now think needs an extension.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo:lol: to an extension.

But, but, but, the writer leaves so much to be uncovered and revealed we probably will see more episodes added before 'everything' can be resolved.

In the preview, the viper found out from Ji Sang Dr. Han was seen outside the Yoon's. I think we can be pretty sure MH is going to stand in the way (again) to prevent Dr. Han from revealing who he is to his blood family.

I too think the faker, MH and NS cannot stay in their places. They need to be given the walking certificate ASAP.

SH whose birthday was in December, is now 29. Dr. Han and the faker are supposedly 36 going on to 37. That makes them at least 7-8 years apart.

Sharp eye and good observation as to when SH was conceived. Does it mean the faker lived a few years with the Yoon's before NS entered the Yoon's household?

Did NS leave the faker with the Yoon's before getting a modelling job through JR's connection? Did she mess up and had a baby out of wedlock? How did NS manage to whitewash her past before marrying JR?

The faker told NS during one of their confrontation, how he felt he was always under her constant surveillance to make sure he doesn't slip up and tell the Yoon's he is KSW mistakenly.

Madam Eun related how the faker had problems going to sleep when he first arrived because he was afraid and insecure. He had to be cuddled and would only fall asleep in her arms.

The faker feels that his position is threatened and has decided to step up his game now that the real JS has appeared. The faker seems to be suffering from hallucination that he is the real 'YJS'. He needs to take a few blows to his face to snap him out of his unrealistic dream.

Although the time has come for the faker to stop playing pretense and unveil the real face behind his imposter's mask, he is daring Dr. Han to tell his blood family who he really is now that his memory has returned. The faker warned him he would lose SH if he goes ahead with the revelation he is the real JS.

The faker is biting the hand that fed him and wants a bigger stake in the PJ Group which he doesn't deserve in the first place. Was that why NS was so strongly opposed to the faker joining the company in the first place? She knew his hidden personality and sees the dangers he poses if he started working for JR.

The devious faker seems to be tired of playing second fiddle to NS. He doesn't want to keep a low profile anymore but wants a bigger slice of the pie on the gravy train by plotting and scheming with MH without NS's knowledge or prying. The confirmation that Dr. Han is the real heir apparent brought out the competitiveness in the faker.

Greed knows no bounds and this ambitious streak will undoubtedly lead to his ultimate downfall.

10 hours ago, ira2a said:

When JS was dating SH it was mentioned that she was 4 (or 6?) years younger then he.  So she was conceived after JS was accepted into the Yoon's family.  In some other episode it was mentioned that JS was first taken into Y's family alone.  He had problems adjusting and family had difficulties raising him, so they have invited NS to help them with the boy as he knew her before (was it grandma who told that story?).  Later, while already living in their house she has married JR.  She did tell papa Geum that something came up when she needed money for the sick daughter before leaving her. I think she left her to be able to come into the Y's family to begin caring for  JS.  She had to choose between her daughter and the rich family. She made her choice in favor of the rich family.

Are you sure @ira2a, that it was mentioned that Faker was taken first into Y's family way ahead of NS?  I mean, was it implied that he was taken a good 2 or more years earlier than NS getting close to JR and marrying him?  That long a period would be needed, if NS were to get pregnant with somebody else, have a baby, find out about the baby's heart trouble, give up the child and all that, but to still have a romance and marry JR. 

What I had in mind was that the boy was taken in first, but that NS was with them pretty much immediately after, to look after him -- like within days or weeks... and that she then got close to JR.   All of that after she had given birth to SH and given her up.

I always thought, for some reason, that HS was 6 years younger to JS and ShinWoo, and had assumed that NS had left the baby at the orphanage just before visiting JJ and getting into the fire.  The note she left for the orphanage seemed genuine, that she was doing it only because she knew of her heart condition and had no money to treat her.  If she had given birth to SH after the fire, and meeting the the grandma (who was very thankful to NS for finding Faker and would have helped her if NS needed help), I have to think that she would have found a way to get some money from Grandma to treat the baby, even if she had to lie that it was a niece or friend's baby or whatever.  She seemed to be truly out of options on money when she abandoned the baby.

Anyway, I may be wrong... Do you (or anybody else here) remember the episode where it was mentioned that she joined the Yoons later, after the Faker? - to get a sense of how much later it was.  I thought very soon, but maybe it was a couple of years later?

I was under the impression that NS moved in after she had SH and gave her up. I don't think real JS' mom was even aware her friend had s child. Neither Fake or real JS remembers a baby. 

I also got the impression that NS moved into the Yoon's house as a caregiver for fake JS. 

1 hour ago, jayakris said:

Are you sure @ira2a, that it was mentioned that Faker was taken first into Y's family way ahead of NS?

Yes,  that was  during the conversation at Yoon's home, if I remember correctly it was the grandma who explained that .   JS was taken into the Yoon's family when he was 5/6  years old, that's the exact difference in age between him and SHf.  When the grandma saw him with the pouch NS was present there, but there was no baby by her side.  Also, grandma came only 5 days after the fire, judging from the last Dr.Han's memories, and  there was no baby for sure at the moment of fire.  That's why I see the baby coming later as the only possible option.

This drama  does have quite a number of inconsistencies.  That does happen when the characters are being developed so that they begin to have the life of their own and the authors  have to follow them despite their own best earlier intentions. That could have been resolved in a literary work, not so much in the drama that has a set number of episodes agreed upon under the contract with the TV station that will be running it. 

As to the ages of the characters. I doubt we should  equate the ages of the characters to the ages of the actors who portray them.

2 hours ago, ira2a said:

Yes,  that was  during the conversation at Yoon's home, if I remember correctly it was the grandma who explained that .   JS was taken into the Yoon's family when he was 5/6  years old, that's the exact difference in age between him and SHf.  When the grandma saw him with the pouch NS was present there, but there was no baby by her side.  Also, grandma came only 5 days after the fire, judging from the last Dr.Han's memories, and  there was no baby for sure at the moment of fire.  That's why I see the baby coming later as the only possible option.

I got the impression that NS had just come to stay with JS and his mom like fake JS. Fake father never mentioned the two ladies who lived next door, only one. Also, she was constantly there to make sure JS didn't spill the beans of his real identity. Lastly, if she didn't immediately move into the Yoons home, there would have been no other opportunity. JS had just lost his mother so they didn't want to separate him from the only other person he knew--NS.

17 hours ago, nrlfan4ever said:

When he was talking with the detective, the man mentioned Joon Sang was not registered at birth that is why there was no record of him. I think it will be an important fact later. Since he was not registered while the faker, I suppose, was registered in the Yoon family registry, he will opt to remain as Daniel/Seok Hoon Han. He's main purpose is to find his family, discover who he really is and know that his mother did not abandon him. In one scenario, he may not even tell the Yoons that he is in fact the real Yoon Joon Sang, because he now knows the truth. In another, he will take faker to task for continuing living a deceitful existence under the care of the Yoons when he already knows that Seok Hoon is the real grandson. He will also be too angry at faker for trying to put blocks along the way in his quest to find out who he really is. 

I wonder who was asking similar questions like the detective ; is it Mr. Choi - JR 's righthand.  Will he be able to find out that they have the wrong YJS in the household.  

Even if Dr. Han would not change his family registry, he would want to have a close tie with JR.  Irrespective of what Dr. Han decides to do, the Yoon family should throw out the trash - even if they have raised him for 30 years.  Grandma Eun will realize how NS always kept him at a distance and how she does not like to talk about Faker and realize she knew all along about him.  

1 hour ago, angelwingssf said:

I wonder who was asking similar questions like the detective ; is it Mr. Choi - JR 's righthand.  Will he be able to find out that they have the wrong YJS in the household.  

Even if Dr. Han would not change his family registry, he would want to have a close tie with JR.  Irrespective of what Dr. Han decides to do, the Yoon family should throw out the trash - even if they have raised him for 30 years.  Grandma Eun will realize how NS always kept him at a distance and how she does not like to talk about Faker and realize she knew all along about him.  

MH engaged the services of a PI when she started having doubts about the faker's real identity. MH overheard the faker saying he is good at pretending in one of his conversation with NS in JR's study.

She also witnessed how unsettled and agitated the faker looked when he saw a father reprimanded his son, coincidentally also named 'KSW' for not checking for safety before attempting to get across a road.

Dr. Han's PI mentioned the real JS's birth wasn't registered 30 years ago. I have a few questions pertaining to this new revelation:

1. How did JJ manage to enroll and get her son admitted to school/preschool without registering his birth?
  2. What about compulsory immunization/vaccinations for her son?

I am on the same page as you @angelwingssf. The Yoons need to discard and clean out their unwanted trash, including the newly minted malicious DIL.

We can only accept the fact that some writers do not think logically like international viewers. Some of the elements and essentials are presented in broader strokes. We do not know if JR and JJ were married and if their marriage was registered (can anyone remember if these factors were mentioned in any of the episodes?) We know that JJ stayed with JR and Grandma Eun for a time, but was later sent away although they were unaware that she was already pregnant with Joon Sang. So more or less she was out of the Yoon household for about 7 years. If they know where to pick up Joon Sang and JJ (before the fire broke out) then we can surmise that JJ and JR somehow kept in touch with one another, probably after she gave birth. There's inconsistency here because according to Grandma Eun, they only learned about Joon Sang's existence when they came to pick up JJ's ashes. They saw a boy who was clutching the incense pouch of JJ's and assumed that he was the son/grandson. JJ told Joon Sang that they will be going to live with his dad and grandma in 5 days (before the fire), so it's to be assumed that JR knows he's got a son that is why the mother and son are being allowed to again live in the Yoon household. If we follow the story timeline (2016), Joon Sang and faker were born around 1986, so some of the laws here are still in effect:

https://books.google.com.ph/books?id=CqRBDAAAQBAJ&pg=PA144&lpg=PA144&dq=how+can+register+an+illegitimate+child+in+south+korea&source=bl&ots=HzMWleQWrN&sig=G8CbY3yStf4HZgS6U9SoBfpa6Yg&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=how can register an illegitimate child in south korea&f=false

http://www.refworld.org/docid/3ae6aae288.html

The links also discuss adoption. So it is possible to send a child to school (I think it's mandatory in SK and it's free) even if he's not registered.

As @angelwingssf said, it could be Mr. Choi's who's digging into Seok Hoon's background as JR said he's going to help him find his family. Faker cannot do anything about it because Mr. Choi will definitely tell JR if faker interferes with his investigation. Or maybe he thought that JR already abandoned the idea because he (faker) told JR that he's going to help. But JR did say that he told faker to stop if it becomes too painful for him because of the fire incident where he suffered physical and emotional traumas.

Therefore. if we just accept what the storytellers want to dish out, then we can assume that there will be a peaceful resolution in the end, but they will surely D-R-A-G the story for all its worth. All we can ask for is to have the evildoers - NS, FAKER, MH, LOAN SHARK - receive just punishments for all the aggravation they gave the drama characters and us, international viewers.

14 hours ago, ira2a said:
16 hours ago, jayakris said:

Are you sure @ira2a, that it was mentioned that Faker was taken first into Y's family way ahead of NS?

Yes there was no baby around with SN, when all that happened.  But that doesn't mean that the baby was born after the Faker was taken to the Yoons.  It was because NS had already abandoned the baby before her stay with JJ and the fire.  You probably took it wrong, when you thought the baby was born later, @ira2a, maybe?

That is, unless you specifically remember anything that indicated that NS had a baby later, dumped her, and then joined the Yoons.  That would delay her entrance to the Yoon home by a minimum 1.5 years. Would a 6 year old boy be able to stick to a lie for that long without an adult's help?  I don't think we heard anything to indicate that.

What I thought was that SH was born just about a few months ahead of the fire, and had been given up.  NS joined the Yoons pretty soon after Faker was taken there - probably within days or weeks, to look after him.  That somewhat fits your age numbers too.  ShinWoo and Jun Sang were both around 6 then, and SH was a few months old (and already with the Geums after she was abandoned by NS), by the time the fire happened and the faker moved in with the Yoons.

A couple of things I no longer remember properly from earlier episodes -

1) Did we ever figure out what the "R" engraved on the ring that SH had from her mother?  The name of the dad, who NS said was dead (?), maybe?

2) Whatever happened to that missing (or is he actually dead?) brother that Geum sisters had?  They talked about him a lot in early episodes.  Was it just to confuse us and keep us from guessing who Dr. Han was, or did that brother have any relevance in the story line. Not much mention of him anymore...

Anybody knows?

NS joined the Yoon household much later after fake was taken in. JR befriended Ns during the time they came to collect faker at the bench. When grandma came running to Shin Woo, NS was seen in the distant and she gave him a menacing stare. I mistook it for a warning look since I felt that she planted him there. Now I am to believe that Shin Woo was as keen to join the Yoon and change his name to JS. There was a time in the earlier episodes where grandma was not happy that NS didn't want fake to join the PJ group, she lamented that fake JS often have difficulties with NS, from the time she came in as JR's wife. So grandma always defend fake against NS if she tried to bully him openly. Either they have a short courtship before marriage, JR and NS, whatever she was a model before she joined fake in the Yoon household. NS managed to lie her way in that she had a fictitious family. This was disclosed in her conversation with Papa Geum, during the time she found out that Seolhwa stayed with Papa Geum, and that was the reason she didn't want to tell JR that they knew each other from the orphanage. She was shameful growing up as an orphan. 

Archived