[Drama 2016-2017] Golden Pouch 황금주머니, Mon-Frid 20:55. Thanks for all your support!

0ly40

14 minutes ago, shebagirl said:

Saw the raw .... must say SeNa makes a beautiful bride..! She wore a tasty, shapely dress that made Jisang jaw dropped. The one chosen by Seolhwa was a definite no no.... too nunnery to me. Oh no ... a real eyesore... ! This frigid couple is slowly getting on my nerve. Soon to be married, and still not lovey dovey ..? Nooooo .... come on guys, loosen up... stop this prudishness... this is the 21st century...! 

Can anyone translate what was said by the private investigator ...? Caught these phrase like ... Shin woo taken in as Yoon Joon Sang ...? 

I saw the raw and SH was explaining how she does not want to show her upper half because of some surgery.....  (I think!! ) because NS asked her to try something open design.  

Waiting for subs or translations.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, shebagirl said:

Can anyone translate what was said by the private investigator ...? Caught these phrase like ... Shin woo taken in as Yoon Joon Sang ...? 

The PI found out enough details.  He said KPD was in jail at the time of the fire.  He said Kang ShinOo was left at the next house with a mom and son.  He casually said, that son called Jun Sang disappeared after the fire.  Then Dr. Han asked "did you say Jun Sang?!?"

Dr. Han was already remembering the other boy playing with him in his dreams.  He pretty much knows now, that he is YJS but he will look for more confirmation, I suspect.

7 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:
23 minutes ago, shebagirl said:

Saw the raw .... must say SeNa makes a beautiful bride..! She wore a tasty, shapely dress that made Jisang jaw dropped. The one chosen by Seolhwa was a definite no no.... too nunnery to me. Oh no ... a real eyesore... !

I saw the raw and SH was explaining how she does not want to show her upper half because of some surgery.....  (I think!! ) because NS asked her to try something open design.  

You're right. Actually NS asked her if she wanted to try something like what Sena was wearing and she said she cannot.  She has a chest scar and it's big. And NS asked "because of the heart problem?" (I wonder if SH will think later how/why NS would know that!)

@shebagirl, hats off to you for that comment on the wedding dress after seeing the preview yesterday.  I am constantly surprised how women can catch these things and men like me would not have a clue.  I saw the preview and only thought how cute SH looked in it.  You were all over that dress, and now it seems the drama itself was trying to show that it is not the best dress she could have worn... Impressive eye, I must say.

One thing is continuing in the drama for tomorrow--Madam Sa with the limited information she observed will figure out the relationship between SeolHwa and NS.  Why Can't Dr Han get a clue faster. I wish the writer would change that one aspect of their writing.

2 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

One thing is continuing in the drama for tomorrow--Madam As with the limited information she observed will figure out the relationship between SeolHwa and NS.  Why Can't Dr Han get a clue faster. I wish the writer would change that one aspect of their writing.

I think the writer wants to show that Dr. Han is a thoughtful man.  We do get some hints that he is developing suspicions, like unfinished sentences as his thoughts.  He just doesn't act on his suspicions till he has clear proof on things.  But yeah, hurry up already, writer!

1 hour ago, shebagirl said:

From the little scenes I chanced upon in YouTube, JR revealed to DrHan not only was fake Joon Sang at Namwon during the fire, that he lost his mother then. It was the pouch that led them to fake Joon Sang. KPD told DrHan that Shin Woo mother left them and never to be seen. So he must have (finally) brainstorm all these facts and had some recollections that the pouch was his mother's pouch.

I have to go back and check the raw, but I don't think JR mentioned the pouch matter to Dr. Han,  He only said that he couldn't look after Jun Sang when the boy was living with his mom at Namwon, and that they found him only after the fire, where the mom died.

Lol on the wedding dress that left only her face and hands visible. The stylist must have thought that SHf grew up in a nunnery, hehehe. Not all wedding dresses need a tiara to complete the ensemble. Hit and miss, I say. But then again, did anyone notice the hideous black coat that viper was wearing. At first sight I thought she was wearing a raincoat. Bwahahaha. It was even buttoned up to her neck. NS wears clothes elegantly. In RL the viper had her face done, so now she's like her loan shark mom whose only moving parts are her eyelids and her lips. That is why they deliver their lines like that.

Loan shark mom should not wear sweaters that emphasize her chest as they are uneven - in size and in alignment.

Ji Sang is a decent guy. He was rather uncomfortable seeing SN in that wedding dress with her cleavage showing. She did look stunning in it though.

NS might design a wedding dress as a gift for her daughter since SH has reservations wearing something revealing or with an open front that will show her scar from her heart operation.

I thought SH looked matronly in that wedding dress.

NS was practically drooling over SH as a devoted mother doting on her beloved daughter. The pictures SN sent Dr. Han got him worrying from the way NS was adoring SH. Ji Sang noticed how his mother was admiring and watching SN from a distance. Dr. Han later cautioned NS to be more careful with her actions as it's telling how she observes and behaves warmly in front of SH. Ji Sang was a little surprised to see his mom with SH earlier and had questioned SH the reason she didn't pick up her phone was because she was meeting NS.

MH used SH's birth secret to blackmail the faker into marrying her. Dr. Han keeps mum about it and has not used this secret to his advantage. NS will hopefully see what kind of a man Dr. Han is. He is a man of integrity and will not use a person's weakness to attack him or her or to use it to his merit unlike the faker or MH.

I love how the Chairman told the faker not to take over the investigations to help locate Dr. Han's parents. JR told him it will be too traumatic for him who has lost his mother in a fire. The Chairman wants Mr. Choi to take over from here. The faker however insisted on assisting Dr. Han in search of his parents. Sadly, the faker is still trying to buy some time before he is exposed.

The talk JR and Dr. Han had in the Chairman's office will help Dr. Han make the connection later. Dr. Han told JR he remembered a fire in his house in Namwon. JR told him the faker was in a fire too and it also happened in Namwon.

Dr. Han then went on to ask JR why he was not living in Namwon with the faker. JR explained himself, he sounded apologetic and said the faker came to live with them after the fire took his son's mother's life.

Dr. Han can more or less confirm he is the Chairman's son since the PI told him the boy who lived next door to the Kang's was YJS. He is going to have to hear the sad news and face the reality his beloved mom had perished in that fire after rescuing him before returning to the house.

The preview shows Dr. Han standing outside the Yoon's. Is he going to visit Madam Eun to take a closer look at the incense pouch?

Madam Sa is saying NS is acting odd/strange around SH in the preview. I agree with the posters here she is going to find out NS's secret soon.

EP 105 w/o Eng subs

@shebagirl:  

I think the investigator said that XYZ's son was named Yoon Joon Sang.  I.e. The woman bearing his mother's name had a son named Joon Sang.  (My Korean is shaky at best, dying to see what Korean speaker adds)  So HeartDr is Joon Sang!  (drum roll)  HeartDr realizes that he and FakeSon are switched persons.  FakeSon is the criminal's son, his neighbor buddy, who is living his life.  Let's hope stuff starts happening soon.  

The wedding dress scene:  Aye yi yi!  Whatta mess.  The one girl, PeskySister, had a size 12 butt stuffed into a size 8 dress. However, she looked cute.   And Heroine was wearing a table cloth.  Yes, one for a table-for-twelve.  What-the-*ell was that mess?  The only thing visible was her face.  Not that bridal dresses need to be alluring, but they should not look like a white cocoon, or a lacy shroud.  Aye yi yi!  

17 minutes ago, watchumlots said:

EP 105 w/o Eng subs

@shebagirl:  

I think the investigator said that XYZ's son was named Yoon Joon Sang.  I.e. The woman bearing his mother's name had a son named Joon Sang.  (My Korean is shaky at best, dying to see what Korean speaker adds)  So HeartDr is Joon Sang!  (drum roll)  HeartDr realizes that he and FakeSon are switched persons.  FakeSon is the criminal's son, his neighbor buddy, who is living his life.  Let's hope stuff starts happening soon.  

The wedding dress scene:  Aye yi yi!  Whatta mess.  The one girl, PeskySister, had a size 12 butt stuffed into a size 8 dress. However, she looked cute.   And Heroine was wearing a table cloth.  Yes, one for a table-for-twelve.  What-the-*ell was that mess?  The only thing visible was her face.  Not that bridal dresses need to be alluring, but they should not look like a white cocoon, or a lacy shroud.  Aye yi yi!  

:joy: Leave it to you to describe someomes attire @watchumlots Yes all that lace was a hot mess.. I think since she so conscience about her scar she could have wore something elegant tastefull that coverd her scar and just showed off the curves of her body not all wedding dresses have to bare chest she could bare some back skin and still could be covered up with the bridal veil but yet seen.. After all she is marrying a Doctor she's going to have to represent some kind of class  Also she's been dressing tacky to me throughout this whole drama but not worst then the oldest Guen daughter.. 

50 minutes ago, watchumlots said:

And Heroine was wearing a table cloth

:D :lol: .... that was well put and downright hilarious. 

Asians are less busty, so a little cleavage does no harm. Not if one is size 38 and above then it can be a little showy upfront... hee hee hee. Admittedly a bit tight at the base for SeNa, but the young ones are always trying to squeeze into a size smaller .... it's called denial syndrome... ha ha ha. 

Yes, @jayakris I must have mistook his words for 'not been with Joon Sang' as the pouch. I am almost clueless on Korean language, I memorise a few words, and there were times they sounded alike. The sound is so nasal that I cannot differentiate them at times. Whatever, the preview showed the pouch.... and he saw a glimpse of his mum with the pouch in hand. Maybe that got me to relate with his father's earlier chat with him. 

I read some other sites and  there was a comment that since DrHan seemed to dig the true identity, he might instead keep it to himself and not jeopardise the family, or bring down NS since Seolhwa is beginning to like her mother. So at the end, no one will face the music since DrHan refuse to rock the boat. If this is the writer ' forgive and forget ' scenario  then kdrama certainly sucks .... the evils get to live a happy contented life at the expense of their children. What a horrible message to viewers ..... !! 

1 hour ago, shebagirl said:

I read some other sites and  there was a comment that since Dr Han seemed to dig the true identity, he might instead keep it to himself and not jeopardise the family, or bring down NS since Seolhwa is beginning to like her mother. So at the end, no one will face the music since DrHan refuse to rock the boat. If this is the writer ' forgive and forget ' scenario  then kdrama certainly sucks .... the evils get to live a happy contented life at the expense of their children. What a horrible message to viewers ..... !! 

I don't think it will end that way, but I do expect that Dr. Han won't rock the boat immediately for the same reason you give.  In fact that is why he is not telling SH about her true mother, as he knows that it will break NS' family and will hurt SH badly (to see her mom getting kicked out of the family because of her).  That is the same reason why Mr. Geum also doesn't want the real-mother truth to come out.  Not because of any pity or concern for NS, but because of how distressed SH would be.  So I can imagine that Dr. Han will be very thoughtful about revealing the real-mom truth.  But if he reveals his own identity and talks about marrying SH, then he will have to worry about NS' story coming out later - and hell breaking loose about JR's wife letting her daughter marry her husband's son.  Dr. Han won't take that route either.  He is in a tight spot. 

We really need the viper to bring out (or her mom screwing up on) either (a) the true identities of Mr. faker and Dr. Han, or (b) the NS' daughter story.  The former can happen with the faker finally deciding enough is enough...  If (a) happens first, then we can expect Dr. Han to split up with SH temporarily, saying he cannot marry her, with SH wondering why not.  If (b) happens first, then we can expect MH getting the grandma to kick NS out of the house, and NS herself telling SH that she is her mom.  If (a) and (b) happen simultaneously, then we can expect SH breaking up temporarily with Dr. Han, until/unless NS voluntarily gets a divorce from JR just to help her daughter get married and be happy.  Other things are also possible, like NS outing herself due to some emergency like SH ending up in a hospital due to heart trouble.

So a lot of possibilities are there - but I do not believe the writer can finish the drama without everybody knowing the truth about NS and SH, and JR and the true SJ.  I do not see how it can end without a marriage of SH and Dr. Han, once both truths are out in the open.  NS staying in the family and not allowing SH and Dr.Han to marry, is not an acceptable ending. NS leaving the family and not making sure of SH getting married to Dr. Han is also not a possibility. 

There is nothing that the faker, viper or her momma can do to prevent anything. They can only cause confusion, but ultimately they have no role to play anymore in how this story ends. I don't see it ending without an SH-Dr.Han marriage either.

... unless I am forgetting something in my logic, which is always possible :)

2 hours ago, watchumlots said:

Funny how it is a consensus here that Sena looked much better in her dress and that SH was a mess in that table-cloth-nun-dress.  Just to express one man's opinion, I found SH ten times prettier in whatever table cloth she was wearing than SeNa despite all the cleavage and sticking-out rear-end she was showing in that dress.  But I suppose that is why men are from Mars and women are at Macy's :)

Update for the next week: Monday - ep. 106,

Thursday -ep. 107,

Friday -  ep. 108.  

All other days are taken by the election broadcasting. The elections are set to be on Tuesday, May 9th.  Meaning there will be  more disruptions in the schedule.  The schedule for May 8-14 is not up yet.   FYI.

8 minutes ago, ira2a said:

Update for the next week: Monday - ep. 106,   Thursday - ep. 107,    Friday -  ep. 108.  

All other days are taken by the election broadcasting. The elections are set to be on Tuesday, May 9th.  Meaning there will be  more disruptions in the schedule.  The schedule for May 8-14 is not up yet.   FYI.

Argh.  Where are the Koreans' priorities, one wonders.  We're dying to see the good doctor find his dad and the good PD find her mom, and then see them both get married, make 5 babies and live happily ever after.... but they are wasting time in Korea on trivialities like a President of the country or whatever!   Just one episode in the next 6 days?  I mean, just do the election and stop bothering us, okay?  Yikes!

3 hours ago, shebagirl said:

I read some other sites and  there was a comment that since DrHan seemed to dig the true identity, he might instead keep it to himself and not jeopardise the family, or bring down NS since Seolhwa is beginning to like her mother. So at the end, no one will face the music since DrHan refuse to rock the boat. If this is the writer ' forgive and forget ' scenario  then kdrama certainly sucks .... the evils get to live a happy contented life at the expense of their children. What a horrible message to viewers ..... !! 

@shebagirl, I have been wondering the same exact thing myself.  That thought came to me for the very first time yesterday--when he was telling NS not to reveal herself to SeolHwa.  I thought, WTH? SeolHwa has the right to know who her biological mother is--I have to say that I would get whiplash from NS over kindness to harsh, to kindness to harsh and not back to kindness. I do not like her doing anything for SeolHwa in regards to her wedding--only Mama Geum has earned that right.

I digress, back to Dr Han.  When he gave that advice to NS, that it's better no not "rock the boat" (along those lines), I got the feeling that he's not going to say anything.  I hope the writer doesn't go the route of him not speaking up, because it's going to make him weak IMO. Continuing to let the outsider fake JS pretend to be him and trick his family. 

Side note: I don't know why the oldest daughter seems to have with each episode appears to be mentally changed? She minds me of the sister in the movie, "The Other Sister".

6 hours ago, jayakris said:

I think the writer wants to show that Dr. Han is a thoughtful man.  We do get some hints that he is developing suspicions, like unfinished sentences as his thoughts.  He just doesn't act on his suspicions till he has clear proof on things.  But yeah, hurry up already, writer!

@jayakris, Thoughtful is not the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of Dr Han and his inability to put clues together. He heard from the Chairman that JS lived with his mother.  Dr. Han heard from the man he knows to be JS' father that there was no mother. Therefore, after hearing this news that the woman he thought was his mother, wasn't his mother he decided that he must have forgotten all memories of his mother and thought the neighbor was his mother.

So Dr Han can't put the pieces together that fake JS only lived with his father and he remembers living with his mother and the pouch. All I have to say is this episode made Dr. Han appear to have forgotten that fake father is JS' real father. 

My impression is that DR.Han is just being careful. After being lied to several times and believing those lies because  he had almost none of his own memories to rely on, now he doesn't want to get into similar situation again. That's why at times he seems almost hesitant to make the final conclusion or pronounce the last word. Now he wants to be sure 100% before he says something or acts on his words.  That's why he is not rushing things, he is deliberate, methodical and thorough.  Now any mistake may cost  him personally and those he loves too much.  Now he is in a very big stakes game.  He understands that any misstep he makes might have consequences that will upend his and other people's lives. Upending people's lives is not something that should be easily.  By nature he is not a vindictive person.  Punishing others, even those who made him wrong, is not his utmost priority.  His priority is to understand himself, his roots and where he belongs too. That way he places himself above the low level of those who betray, scheme and lie.  I suspect that in his view, to take revenge equals  degrading himself, lowering himself to the same level of those who did him wrong.  Maybe I am wrong, who knows, only the time and the latest episodes of this drama will show. 

I also think he begins to understand the marriage thing. During the last couple of episodes he has told SH several times that he wants to marry quickly.  He agreed to Mom Geum's suggestion to look at the appropriate date after she also suggested a speedy marriage.  I think he will try to do everything  in his power to protect SH from whatever may come their way.  Even at the cost of concealing his true identity, if the need arises.

Archived