[Drama 2016-2017] Golden Pouch 황금주머니, Mon-Frid 20:55. Thanks for all your support!

0ly40

How dare that old man, fake JS's father, treat Dr Han like he's a leper; acting like Dr Han is going to beat him to death or containment him with some disease. I'm disappointed that after all the loving care Dr. Han has shown him, he's treating him this way after discovering that his son and wicked daughter-in-law are scheming against Dr Han and tricking him to believe he's the real son. I guess fake JS and his father are just alike after all.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

How dare that old man, fake JS's father, treat Dr Han like he's a leper; acting like Dr Han is going to beat him to death or containment him with some disease. I'm disappointed that after all the loving care Dr. Han has shown him, he's treating him this way after discovering that his son and wicked daughter-in-law are scheming against Dr Han and tricking him to believe he's the real son. I guess fake JS and his father are just alike after all.

That was exactly my thought as well when I noticed his behavior in the preview. Without Dr. Han he would still be on the street. He would never had found his real son. The kindness and mistaken ID from Dr. Han has enabled him to have a roof over his head, clothing on his back and food in his belly. It also gave him access to nice people who wanted nothing from him but to help him.

I wonder how long it will take him to realize that Dr. Han is the real JS and the boy from next door who's mother lost her life saving his son? It's awful the way he does Dr. Han instead of asking more questions about what he remembers to help the man find his family and talk sense into his greedy jealousy son.

3 minutes ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

I wonder how long it will take him to realize that Dr. Han is the real JS and the boy from next door who's mother lost her life saving his son? It's awful the way he does Dr. Han instead of asking more questions about what he remembers to help the man find his family and talk sense into his greedy jealousy son.

If history repeats itself, he will know very soon--especially since he will realize that Dr. Han's memories of his mother is true. I wonder if he heard rumors of her and her son by a rich man.  MH can get one tiny piece of information that means nothing and she can uncover all the secrets. Dr Han walks up on his fake father calling fake JS by his real name and Dr Han will probably remain clueless--based on the preview, it seems that way. They get these in your face clues and they still can't put the pieces together, while the 'evil' people can. I wish the writer would change that up some.

@Ldy Gmerm

Credit: MBC

I am going to give KPD the benefit of the doubt here, although I am repulsed by the way he treated Dr. Han. KPD did look overwhelmed and shocked by what he overheard and saw before Dr. Han found him.

KPD asked Dr. Han about his memories again (starts at 1:37). Dr. Han asked, "The mother of my friend?" and he went on to talk about the song his mom sang when she was making and preparing the "mandos".

Please enlighten us here @jayakris m(_ _)m. IIRC, you are well-versed in the Korean language.:)

Credit: MBC

NS found out JR had asked Mr. Choi to do a background check on KPD.

JR questioned the faker on why he disapproved of the proposed site he had approved (starts at 1:12). I think JR also found out about the lunch the faker had with one of the board directors. He looked disdainfully at the faker before returning to his room. Madam Eun called out JR's name to stop him but he simply ignored her and turned his back at them.

I notice NS is more "housebound" since she isn't even shown working at her office.

Apart from telling MH to tell her mom not to come around the Yoon's to talk bad about Dr. Han and SH, NS seems relatively harmless and "toothless" these days. I would love to see a battle between NS and MH soon...

@sk0317

I am glad he is asking Dr. Han about his memories again about his mother. It should lead him to realize who Dr. Han is. He had a shock I agree but instead of jumping away /shying away from Dr. Han he should be thinking about the implication that his own son had to have recognized him and chose to a. ignore him b. switch out the DNA test to push him on someone else c. used that fake DNA test to hurt Dr. Han at work and is now denying he is his son all to not associate with him.

Hopefully in the preview whatever he says in that Hospital room has Dr. Han and the Geum's realizing he is not that man's son. I hope the fact Dr. Han heard him call Faker by his real name prompts the "Little Grey Cells" to start working hard again. Dr. Han is already suspicious of why Faker is acting the way he is hear this should really make him realize he needs to verify DNA again based on what he hears KPD call faker.

I agree with @nrlfan4ever everything that Faker has it was given to him by the Yoon's with the exception of whatever he made on his own with his cooking blog and his show and position before being forced into the company. He should have walked away either coming clean or just making a break. He benefited not only in loving care and education but he was able to live well with out the abuse. Where is all that guilt he had before at deceiving them? He tossed  the guilt away at the knowledge that the real JS is alive and well and near them and looking for his family? Or did he toss it away because its Dr. Han? Today seeing Madam Eun hold his hand and his lapping up her affection made me so mad. All of what he received from them was based on a lie. Based on the misconception he is the real JS when he is not. Faker will never know if the love he received was genuine because it was given while he lived the life of someone else. When the Yoon's find out the truth they are within their right to want him gone, want to know how and why this happen and how come he did not tell them the truth and to be very angry. It is not like he lost is memories like Dr. Han as I said before. As a child he can't be held for what happen because it can be understood he would want to get away from the poverty and abuse he suffered and he could only do this if an adult was involved. As an adult he is responsible for his own actions once he graduated from college. He still fails to get that in living another life the real JS had to live hard. Had to endure while he lived well in his place. The real JS had to think his mother abandoned him when she in fact died saving fakers life. The Yoon's real blood was still out in the world alone (even though he was adopted) with no roots while he laid in his bed and had family even if he did keep a distance from them. He dares to be angry, greedy and Jealous???!!! To want to covet and keep what is not his but was handed to him??? Mostly he dares to be angry at the real JS for coming back and for being his rival in love and at work now.

The hardest thing is the guilt that the Yoon's had towards JJ that they thought they made up for a bit of in the last 30 years is washed away at the knowledge they raised a fake. That will be the hardest to take. They have not made anything up to JJ after her death and her reason for visiting Madam Eun in her sleep will be revealed. Along with the knowledge that the real JS is either dead or out there somewhere. I have a feeling they will try to say he is dead first..(hope I am wrong on this..)  Only Dr. Han's memories will come back to bust that lie that MH, Faker and NS could make.

Fakers actions are only going to show JR and the rest when the truth comes out that he knew who Dr. Han really was and was trying to make him look bad to run him off so they would not find out. I don't blame JR for being angry at the things Faker is doing. Its not very professional or business like for him to disapprove a plan his father the CEO already approved of and the money was allotted for. Faker is messing around with business that was running smoothly with no problems until he decided to start being a a**hole again it is not making him look good to keep interfering and causing issues with Dr. Han. If JR has found out about his secret "Luncheon" it only shows JR how dirty Faker has become and that his actions point to something else instead of what he keeps claiming the problem he has with Dr. Han.

Faker listening to MH and following her plan is only going to make him loose out completely when the truth comes out. He can't say he did not know because his actions say he did. His behavior says he did realize who Dr. Han was and was trying to get rid of him so they would not know.

I wanted Faker to be able to have that family love he craved under his own ID. To understand that family does not have to be about blood. But Now I just want him to leave once he is busted. He can't seem to see past his fear that Dr. Han would never have had him kicked out as they were friends as children and he has lived with those people for years.

It looks like KPD is on the edge. Faker needs to make peace with this man and put away his abusive past before this man dies or he will forever be haunted by what the man did to him when he was a young boy. I have to wonder what has Dr. Han said about his condition. Does he need something only a blood relative can give or is it he is on his last leg and about to die? Will KPD reveal the truth to Dr. Han before he dies?

Not sure why NS is hanging around the house more but I wish she would also start using her brain concerning the viper in her house and the change of attitude and behavior for faker. One viper should be able to recognize another but of course NS never saw that in MH.

1 hour ago, lclarakl said:

If history repeats itself, he will know very soon--especially since he will realize that Dr. Han's memories of his mother is true. I wonder if he heard rumors of her and her son by a rich man.  MH can get one tiny piece of information that means nothing and she can uncover all the secrets. Dr Han walks up on his fake father calling fake JS by his real name and Dr Han will probably remain clueless--based on the preview, it seems that way. They get these in your face clues and they still can't put the pieces together, while the 'evil' people can. I wish the writer would change that up some.

This!! I think the writer is the clueless one here. Dr. Han's character has been stupified (although his eyes looked alert) after his accident and can't seem to put the pieces together!

It's annoying to see this in the preview and the scene where MH conveniently switched the paternity results in a whiff. And we have 20 more episodes before this drama ends. Let's hope there is no extension!

1 hour ago, sk0317 said:

KPD asked Dr. Han about his memories again (starts at 1:37). Dr. Han asked, "The mother of my friend?" and he went on to talk about the song his mom sang when she was making and preparing the "mandos".

Please enlighten us here @jayakris m(_ _)m. IIRC, you are well-versed in the Korean language.:)

You had it right, @sk0317... He didn't say she was the mom, of course.  He said he very clearly remembers her making dumplings and singing the song, "really like she was my mother".  When he saw KPD shaking, he continued "Father, I was just saying that... I now know that she was not my mother after all".

I shall give the benefit of the doubt here to a DrHan @lclarakl. When KPD called the fake ShinWoo, DrHan gave him that suspicious look, but when KPD fell, he might have thought that his medical condition made him mistook fake for him ... maybe.  It is too early for his true identity to be revealed for now. As we have speculated here, it could be in his last breath he appealed to fake to go the 'right path'. Then the marriage will be put on hold by Papa Geum again, since he will know that they were back to square one with NS. The objections would cause Seolhwa to have one of her attacks, and as someone here said, could be the turning point of NS to admit that Seolhwa is her daughter. By then the whole household will be in chaos, with Ji Sang, in such a dilemma that he sought SeNa for comfort. Well, he would be confused all right, suddenly he would have sundae as Nona, and DrHan, whom he thinks highly of, as hyung....! Of course this is only my write up, the writer can take a different route.... as always....

2 hours ago, lclarakl said:

I think the writer probably only wanted to convey that KPD was pushing Dr. Han's hands away (saying he'd get up by himself) out of guilt about continuing to get help from him.  Perhaps the KPD actor's over-acting and the editing made it look like he pushed the hand away like Dr. Han was a leper. But, yeah, KPD looked like a jerk there.

8 minutes ago, Winetu said:

Who is the real father of SH?

Somehow it has not been revealed. Papa Geum had asked NS once, and she said that he died before Seolhwa was born. Then again she could have lied, since she didn't tell Jeong Do, her dear oppa , that she was in touch with Jin Joo and even stayed with her when the fire broke up in Namwon. She lies through her teeth....  somehow her daughter Seolhwa is way opposite her character....! 

@jayakris

Thank you so much for your translations!:)

You are being so modest and humble! I got so excited after seeing your handle here. I remember you did some of the preview translations on TUF forum. m(_ _)m

2 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

Today seeing Madam Eun hold his hand and his lapping up her affection made me so mad. All of what he received from them was based on a lie. Based on the misconception he is the real JS when he is not. Faker will never know if the love he received was genuine because it was given while he lived the life of someone else. When the Yoon's find out the truth they are within their right to want him gone, want to know how and why this happen and how come he did not tell them the truth and to be very angry.

Me too! I think Madam Eun was comforting her "first grandson", and she gave him her assurance and support to his decision at work.

JR, on the other hand, seems supportive of Dr. Han and has asked Dr. Han's secretary to tell Dr. Han to see him in his office as soon as he comes in for work.

JR is really mad at the faker for meeting a board director despite JR warning the faker not to use unethical methods to try and get elected for the president post.

The faker doesn't have the right to override the Chairman's decision unless his arguments are sound and acceptable.

The faker is deliberately delaying the project due to his pettiness and meddling out of jealousy and spite, which is absurd and ignorant.

Do we now have a battle between mother (Madam Eun) and son (JR) over the fake and the real heir apparent?

@jayakris

It does make the faker look really ruthless as he returned to KPD's hospital ward to tell him to disappear. He knows KPD has liver cancer in its advanced stage and doesn't have long to live.:blink:

28 minutes ago, shebagirl said:

@jayakris I hope since you are well versed with Korean language, do give us some explanation on the juicy parts, like the preview for today. Otherwise I will have to wait many hours later to get the important bits from the subtitles. Thank you.  

Haha, I don't know if I'm well-versed enough.  I can normally translate what is said, but poor sound recording etc in previews give me headaches sometimes.  The interesting thing in the preview for Ep. 101 was what KPD said in the hospital room when Dr. Han said he would perform liver surgery - KPD went bonkers saying "Dr. Han? Surgery? No, absolutely not. I'm not even the father, so why do it for me?".  So I guess that item gets blurted out and the Geums hear it.  Then the faker tells MH that he has been recognized (it wasn't said by whom, but I suppose by KPD). The evil lady asks, "(He) recognized who you are, you mean?".  Then the Faker says, apparently to KPD in the hospital room, to "never come back".  So maybe he will try to get KPD to disappear.  Really? When he is dying?

Episode 100 itself didn't seem to have anything particularly juicy till the ending scene, other than what all of you could figure out.

28 minutes ago, shebagirl said:

Somehow it has not been revealed. Papa Geum had asked NS once, and she said that he died before Seolhwa was born. Then again she could have lied, since she didn't tell Jeong Do, her dear oppa , that she was in touch with Jin Joo and even stayed with her when the fire broke up in Namwon. She lies through her teeth....  somehow her daughter Seolhwa is way opposite her character....! 

If I remember correctly, NS didn't show any lying mannerisms when she said SH's father was dead, in that earlier episode scene.  She was probably saying the truth.  Otherwise it is even more confusion before our lead couple's marriage, with everybody talking about finding her real father... And we don't have enough episodes to introduce yet another character.  NS was trying to be a model those days, so she probably slept with some cameraman (which may explain SH's love of the camera. Yeah, that's the ticket! :)) ...

34 minutes ago, shebagirl said:

It was someone who died before SW was born.  It was mentioned in one of the episodes when NS met with Geum.  

12 minutes ago, jayakris said:

If I remember correctly, NS didn't show any lying mannerisms when she said SH's father was dead, in that earlier episode scene.  She was probably saying the truth.  Otherwise it is even more confusion before our lead couple's marriage, with everybody talking about finding her real father... And we don't have enough episodes to introduce yet another character.  NS was trying to be a model those days, so she probably slept with some cameraman (which may explain SH's love of the camera. Yeah, that's the ticket! :)) ...

Ji-sang also likes the camera.  So, is he really a Yoon?  I wish they do a DNA test of everyone around so they can finally know who is blood and who isn't 

Archived