[Drama 2016-2017] Golden Pouch 황금주머니, Mon-Frid 20:55. Thanks for all your support!

0ly40

When DrHan told the board regarding his experiences facing hunger pangs, being bullied, discriminations and unpleasant remarks regarding his status as an orphan and an adoptee, I just felt this lump in my throat. It was even made worse not having a memory to link his growing up years to a parent. Admired him when he was defending his present commitment to those who were homeless, sick and poor, and his struggles to be a Doctor despite all these derogatory treatments by humankind. All the while JR heard these and I hope when he finally found out that DrHan is his son, he should recall this sad episodes of DrHan growing up years and punished fake for hiding the truth.

I was always defending fake in my early write ups when he was seen to be treated so badly by NS, but since he acted like a scum at the board meeting, being so heartless in his attacks to the good work done by DrHan, I have to take back my kind words to him and only want him to face his punishment in due time. He made a mockery of his own father was the part that tip the whole sympathy I had of him. Whatever, after this he gets only wrath from me. His concept of protecting his family at the expense of his own dying bloodline is so soo unacceptable. No one treats a limp animal unkindly, and this is a human, your very own father..... damn it fake JS....!!! How much lower can you go ...!!!!! 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, lclarakl said:

I can't help but think MH's brother is going to tell her about Dr Han having a girlfriend that he's going to introduce to the family later that she will then try to do something to break them up.

MH already knows that Dr. Han and Seol Hwa are in love with one another and are a couple (burned her up good when she realized they both had feelings for one another.) . So MK finding out about his girlfriend means nothing . MH could have assumed the Geum's already know. I think the true shock will be the news they are finally going to marry one another.

This is a possibility only because all of MH's actions are born our of jealousy and spite.Dr. Han did not remember her after the accident, but he remembered Seol Hwa. Dr. Han found happiness with the Geum's and Seol Hwa despite memory loss when he never showed that type of happiness with MH. Dr. Han found love with Seol Hwa who MH saw as having stole him from her when she left him alone with no one to turn to. Dr. Han informed MH he did not want to remember her and there had to be a reason why he only remembered Seol Hwa. And Dr. Han made sure to announce to her mother and the Geum's that he is not with MH, will not be going back to MH and that there is nothing between them. Now with the fact that Dr. Han is the true JS no way would she want them to marry and the truth comes out (given Dr. Han's personality he will never divorce Seol Hwa once he marries her) she can not have Seol Hwa having snagged the golden goose when she got the dud.

Jealousy is a sickness and MH has it in spades with Faker right behind her now..

1 hour ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

I just watched the subbed episode and @sk0317 you are so right about JR. He may be a Momma's boy but he is a good businessman and realized exactly what was behind Faker doing what he did. As he told him in his office if he felt threatened then he should face his rival head on with fair and legit means not with dirty underhanded tricks and especially not outing his personal business or calling him 

Dr. Han called him out for it too and told him basically he knew what this was about (jealousy) and it had nothing to do with the foundation or the company image as he kept trying to bring up and was all about a personal issue between them. I am glad Dr. Han warned both MH and Faker that the next time he or they tried something like that in another meeting he would not sit still and he will surely not sit still for them trying to hurt the people he cares about.

Faker made the worst mistake ever in getting Dr. Han riled up enough to be on his guard and to counter his mess. He is stirring up the Dr. Han of old and he will not be a match for him. Its why when Dr. Han finds out he is really not the son of KPD and his memories comes back he will realize pretty quick who Faker is and why he tried to sabotage him he will be on the war path to expose faker and make him pay.

Faker is running on fear now and he has no clue what he is doing or how to really be a leader in that company because he never wanted to be in that company. It is only now with the threat of loosing it does he want to play businessman. He is totally clueless and I am glad that Dr. Han asked him if he even knows what is the business that the foundation conducts. Did Faker even really understand? Imagine telling Dr. Han and the board that a businessman has to be cold in that situation. They run a free clinic and are trying to provide care for people who are down on their luck and do not have the ability to get medical care. How crass did he seem and unfeeling to what the true mission statement of the foundation is.

Its only going to get worse.. Faker will continue to make mistakes and poke Dr. Han. Its really going to be bad when he finds out that Dr. Han and Seol Hwa are going to get married. Faker is not very good at hiding certain emotions.

Let's hope that they let them get married before everything comes out.

As for Madam Sa she is only digging her own grave because when the truth comes out and its known she knew she too will be in a lot of trouble. It will all fall into place why she ran to their house to bad mouth Dr. Han so they can't realize he is the real son.

Loved your analysis.  Thank you.  I wanted to add that even though JR is a mommy's boy, he is also truthful and honest businessman which Dr. Han has inherited.  He was a bit short tempered earlier before the accident, but after being with SH, he is mellow and lovely dovey which SH brings out in people.  I think that is why Faker also liked her and he truly did.  When Faker was with SH, he did not want to lose her to Dr. Han and so pushed her asking her to choose between him and his so called brother.  But feelings are not so easy to let go.  I think when JR get to know that the Faker is a Fake that they have been taking care of and his bio son is dr. Han, he will be so pleased on one hand and furious on the other that his child had to go through so much.  

Even though Madam Sa badmouthed SH, Madam Eun was disappointed since she like SH too.  I am curious to see her fury when she finds out about Dr. Han and SH.  I think MH cannot handle SH marrying Dr. Han and MH may out the information about NS being her bio mom.  

NS is getting itchy and trying to think what is causing JS to act this way, since she had trained a monkey to only do certain things and wondering how he acting differently.  Her gears are rolling.  Will see if it will amount to anything or if she will be on the back burner.

I knew It..

Spoiler

Just as I thought KPD did recognize Faker as his son. HE was stunned after what Faker said to him. Fakers mannerisms made KPD have a flash of faker as a kid and then he over heard MH and Faker going at it and MH mentioning KPD is his father. He was shocked. In the preview you see that Dr. Han goes to KPD's room to look for him and its empty. We also see Dr. Han coming upon him sitting on the ground again it looked like in shock from what he has found out and jerks back from Dr. Han who calls him father and tries to help him up looking at Dr. Han as if he does not know who he is. Well now he knows the truth will he start to push away one of the main people who was nice to him? I am not sure if he left the house for good realizing that faker is his real son or he is just out but we see KPD watching faker at the company talking to JR.

KPD will realize his son knows who he is and does not want to admit it or have anything to do with him. He will also realize that faker is living the life of the other boy and maybe Dr. Han could be or is the other boy the real JS, JJ's son. One thing I do not want is for KPD to help his real son stay in a place not his.

MH is such a distasteful character. More than Madam Sa. Her jealousy over hearing that Seol Hwa has a couple ring and is going to marry Dr. Han was very telling mumbling about Dr. Han and the company. It is not Seol Hwa's fault she lost the man it is her own for stepping into a situation she had no business in but it really is hers for not understanding his need to find his family on their wedding day and walking away from him over his not remembering her.

It is as we all suspect she will not allow Seol Hwa and Dr. Han to marry or as we saw in this episode she has been going behind the scenes to court board members to support Faker I believe and make sure that Dr. Han can not get a place of power.  But Faker did not seem to appreciate her actions.

Madam Eun sewing that pouch for DR. Han will be the trigger for his memories I believe as well.

Seol Hwa seems to be suffering chest pains again. Will this be the start of the truth coming out for her as she may need something only a blood relative can match (i.e. NS or Ji-Sang) and give to her to save her life?

With KPD know knowing that faker is his real son he should tell Dr. Han who has been nice to him and given him a place to stay and with the help of the Geum's hot meals. A new DNA test should be run on them in a hurry to verify what he over heard. Hiding and stalking Faker will not give him what he wants for his son to accept him and forgive him as faker can not bare to look at him and will never willingly give up a spot that is not his unless made to do so by either exposure or this man's last moments calling for him.

I wonder if it will be a situation of Dr. Han remembers the past and puts that faker is the former friend who is KPD's son. He goes to him and says something to him about seeing his father to ease his last moments but he refuses causing Dr. Han to take him to tasks for his selfishness. Telling him the only way to be free is for him to confront the man and say what he needs to and get the man's apology.  Perhaps that will be what makes faker wake up to what he is doing is wrong and give back that place that does not belong or to at least be able to share in that family.

Hello friends. Joining the thread waaaaay late.  I started watching the drama only this month and finally caught up to today's episode. Quite a watchable drama, as it has never been dull.  One of the very few daily dramas for which I felt 120 episodes were not enough, because the story has so many twists and turns that some of it felt rushed -- though we could all see many of them coming...  I like the lead pair too, though the really pretty SeorHwa's screen time has significantly reduced and she is not playing much of a part in any of the ongoing story right now (while we have the evil MH hogging the episodes, so annoyingly).

Anyway, I have a question that I think all of you have probably discussed in this thread.  I haven't read all of the thread carefully; sorry - I was busy watching the episodes :)...   If all the truth comes out, is it okay for SeolHwa and the real Jun Sang to marry?  They share no blood relation but have Ji Sang who is blood-related to both.  I don't know if that matters.  But anyway, unless Madam Mo gets divorced and leaves that home, a marriage between the son and daughter of a husband and wife is a no-no, right?...   So is there any good outcome possible at all?

Again, sorry if I am missing something, or if I am restarting a whole discussion you are all already sick of.

So... now the ball is at KPD's feet.... to tell or not to tell ... He overheard the juiciest of all secrets. Perhaps he recognised JR from the days of JJ too ...? He is sure to have met NS, cos she was around before and after the fire in Namwon. He was only arrested after he managed to glimpse upon his son Shin Woo with bandages on his left arm. I wonder whether he will do his duty as a real father and set the son on the correct path, or will he join hands with the fake ...? I am more inclined to think that he will try to put some sense in fake JS, but it will not be immediate. He seemed a better detective than DrHan or Seolhwa .... he is starting to spy on his son to gain more facts before he makes any revelation. Well, and I thought he was just going to go for chemo and wait for his time to go. So he is going to play a crucial role too. Trap his son into submission .... let's hope so....

@jayakris   I have written about the the complications if DrHan and Seolhwa decides to tie the knot.  It is in the last post of page 51. Hope it will help you to understand the grey area these two lovebirds will enter should they want to marry. As it stands now, only fake JS and MH knew about DrHan being the real son of the Yoon. So I suspected soon KPD will also realised that the lady, Jin Joo, whom he trusted his son to be looked after is the mother of DrHan and once a playmate of Shin Woo. And since he recalled that he was called Joon Sang, he would deduce that his real son took the boy's name, and live a lie as a Yoon. 

I think if things had not come to the point where NS will be exposed as having brought in a fake intentionally and lied about her background withholding she once had a child and abandoned it perhaps the Yoon's would have been a bit more lien on the rules. But then again JR  or his mother may have wanted to adopt Seol Hwa in to the family to stop that type of relationship.

But given that NS will be exposed for her wrong to JJ and to that family the Yoon's will protest that marriage at first. A lot of it will be based on bad information I bet from MH,Faker and even Madam Sa if she finds out who Seol Hwa's mother is. We have to remember that MH has the mistaken thought that Papa Geum and NS had a relationship together even if they were at the orphanage together.  We of course know that the relationship was strictly platonic and of a family nature. But if MH and her mother are able to put the wrong spin it will further cause issues when the truth comes out of who Dr. Han really is.

The Yoon's will show a very ugly side to Dr. Han and it will not go over very well. Given how long this man has lived independently there is no way he will jump to do their bidding and give up his love. Especially if MH further stirs the pot in spite and tells him of how his mother was rejected due to her background and ran off. Then we will have Papa Geum and CJ mad as heck over the treatment of Seol Hwa and JJ in the past. Of course Papa Geum will already be fire mad at the lies NS told to him and everyone about JJ and how she married into that family taking JJ's place.

NS said once before she is sorry to JJ. Well I see her having to make good on making it up to JJ since she is the one that put a fake in the place of JJ's son in the first place causing the woman not to be able to rest in death. NS will have to give up all she coveted in order to pay for her crimes and do something for her daughter to be happy with the man she loves. That means divorce and letting go of that family she lied to get into. Payback is a B*****. It will be a fitting punishment for NS she betrayed two friends who were family but she also did her daughter wrong after finding out who she was and not wanting to step up to tell her and she lied to marry into a rich family. Profiting from that marriage and placed a fake son to do so.

Ji-Sang maybe a bridge for the couple as he will want both his half sister and half brother to be together and could plead with or change their minds. He will be devastated to find out what his mother did to his brother and sister along with realizing the person he thought was his brother is not.  I see Dr. Han not accepting them if they act ugly. And I can see him letting them have it for the treatment of his mother and not recognizing their blood. But if they are nasty to the Geum's and Seol Hwa then they can forget it and frankly it will be them needing him more than his needing them. He has a family in the Geum's. They may not be blood but they are his and he will not want to loose that or have anyone look down on them or treat them bad. Those people took him in and gave him love and care when he had no one. Being that Papa Geum was a brother to his mother and knew her he would rather stay near him then be with people that dare to treat people in the manner that the Yoon's did all because they are orphan.

I prefer him living with the Geum's over his living with the Yoon's anyway.

IN the episode today whenever I saw faker I wanted to slap his face. He insist or baiting Dr. Han and each time he looses to Dr. Han. He is in no way mentally on the same level as Dr. Han.  I keep thinking you evil man.. how do you look this man in the face knowing his mother died saving your life and you have been living in his place and you dare to want to keep him from finding his family? A payment is due to JJ for his very life and for all the warmth and care she gave to him as a child! If he wont realize he needs to do the right thing then he is going to be made to do it. If he had chosen too at least it would be done on his terms with his spin. But he will end up with that option taken from him and he will be exposed in the worst light.

Dr. Han and JR will get when faker prolly realized who he really was. His behavior and actions at the company are a red flag to show when faker knew that Dr. Han was the real JS and wanted him to not find out.

2 hours ago, shebagirl said:

@jayakris   I have written about the the complications if DrHan and Seolhwa decides to tie the knot.  It is in the last post of page 51. Hope it will help you to understand the grey area these two lovebirds will enter should they want to marry.

Thanks, @shebagirl!  Looks like my thinking was on the correct lines then... Once the truth is all out (meaning, once everybody knows all the details, which will of course happen some way or other), the only way for SHm and SHf to marry would be for NS to divorce JR first.  That marriage will be a no-no, otherwise.  She will have to leave the Yoon family.  I have to imagine that NS will have no other choice, if she wanted to be a mother to SHm like she really seems to want to (and make amends what she did to SHf as a child).  Sort of like what @Ldy Gmerm says too..

39 minutes ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

NS will have to give up all she coveted in order to pay for her crimes and do something for her daughter to be happy with the man she loves. That means divorce and letting go of that family she lied to get into. Payback is a B*****.

Indeed.  Payback is a B*****, but NS may not be too sad about it in the end.  This will have to happen.  How soon the story will get to this, I don't know....  But I am expecting a lot of tough times for our lead pair before they get to marry.

Seok Hoon is already suspicious of MH and faker. I would like to think that his brain is already is discovery and remembering mode. I too believe that given his characteristics, he'll be choosing the Geums over the Yoons, as @Ldy Gmerm said. He'll understand that they did not have a hand in harboring and nurturing a fake person. It was all NS's machinations. However, faker should have left when he came of age because the Yoons gave him the proper education (whatever) so he can make it on his own. I think he's got a trust fund when he came of age. If he had done that, his debt to the Yoons would not have grown larger. Now, because he's faced with lies upon lies and truths upon truths, he can only think irrationally, if he's even thinking. I think greed is the one thing on his mind - albeit he says he wants to protect his family and everything that's his. What exactly does he own, when he's not really the son in the first place. He only owns himself. Even the clothes he's wearing are from the Yoons. 

Dr. Han came be an excellent and highly regarded person on his own merits, talent and intellect. He's registered as a Han. With all the events unfolding, it is unlikely that he will want to be a Yoon, given that he already knows NS is Seol Hwa's birth mother. He's likely to stay a Han and will marry SHf. I think he'll stay amicable to Ji Sang and even G'ma Eun due to her advanced age and health, but he may or may not want to stay at the company. We know that he can be as cold as ice and scathing to people he does not like. Another scenario could be that he stays at the company on the condition that he's not introduced as the Yoon heir and just draw a salary as a company executive. As i said before, he can open his own practice and run a free clinic at the same time. He's got plenty of helping hands. All the Geums, including the reformed MK, and maybe Ji Sang.

Given G'ma Eun's and JR's views on social standing, saving face and all that, it's probable that they will banish NS. If mama's boy JR let his mom chase off Jin Joo just because she's an orphan, what more Nan Seol who's not only an orphan, but also had a daughter out of wedlock, wormed her way into the Yoon household by faking her past and even brought a fake and made him live as Joon Sang, JR's first born. Whether he was mentally abused and commanded by NS as a child, he knows very well that he was living a lie from the start. He knows his name is Kang Shi Woo. Of course who would not be complacent when you're living a luxurious life after his traumatic childhood. He enjoyed it too much because he was living a good life despite NS's nastiness. He knows that's the only thing NS can do - verbally abuse him. She cannot do anything else for fear of exposing herself. So he's become a willing accomplice.

The past has caught up with him and he's agitated. NS barely exchange words with him now. He's getting tortured by his wife, the loan shark daughter who's nastier, more ambitious, greedy, vindictive and sly than Nan Seol. The layers of the viper's character is revealed each day. He does not like it but he does not have the balls to fight her. Why? Because she is using her brains! Faker, on the other hand, just knows how to raise his voice and answer back, like he does to Nan Seol when she verbally attacks him, nothing else. He's stupid. First, he attacked Seok Hoon on a personal level, which JR could not accept. It's a behavior unbecoming of a Yoon. Now he's making Seok Hoon rework their initial project over and over. He even re-assigned the foundation budget, claiming he's operating within his right as chief director (of what? finance?). I bet JR does not know about it and will be very surprised when Dr. Han presents him with the budget (from other sources) when he makes his report.

On the viper. She's head of another department. Why on earth is she meddling with the affairs of the foundation? She was not given any other position after marriage. Sigh, writers...

I just want SHf/SHm to be married BEFORE the proverbial s***storm hits the fan! But as everyone has said, Viper B who doesn't like anyone happy because she's not might spill the beans about SHf. But what does that truly gain her?!!!! She doesn't know that SHm already knows unless fake JS has told his evil wife. Can I say I told you so as fake JS sinks deeper and deeper into the mire of filth and lies?! I saw this coming! I knew he would NEVER want to let what he has go! Just like SHf, it took threats to let that go, though I think the ship had sailed after the SHs' kiss. He just saved SHf from apologizing for not showing up to the family meet! I'm sure she wouldn't have gone anyway.

9 hours ago, jayakris said:

If all the truth comes out, is it okay for SeolHwa and the real Jun Sang to marry?  They share no blood relation but have Ji Sang who is blood-related to both.  I don't know if that matters.  But anyway, unless Madam Mo gets divorced and leaves that home, a marriage between the son and daughter of a husband and wife is a no-no, right?...   So is there any good outcome possible at all?

In many other cultures, it may not matter if real Jun Sang (Dr Han) and SeolHwa marry since they are not related by blood. However, I'm no expert, but a lot of Koreans don't like 'complicated' family relationships (two brothers marrying to sisters from another family). Because NS is married to the Chairman, SeolHwa becomes his stepdaughter and vice versa for NS and Dr. Han. Not to mention they have a bother between them.  However, this scenario reminds me of the drama, "Dear Heaven".

Spoiler

In that drama, the mother married her daughter to her stepson--she thought her child died at birth. When she found out she was alive, she made arrangement to get the two of them married. Her husband had died, but she did have a daughter by him (just like Ji Sang).  They were married when they found out the truth, but they were too in love with each other. The sister took it hard though.

2 hours ago, lclarakl said:

In many other cultures, it may not matter if real Jun Sang (Dr Han) and SeolHwa marry since they are not related by blood. However, I'm no expert, but a lot of Koreans don't like 'complicated' family relationships (two brothers marrying to sisters from another family). Because NS is married to the Chairman, SeolHwa becomes his stepdaughter and vice versa for NS and Dr. Han. Not to mention they have a bother between them.  However, this scenario reminds me of the drama, "Dear Heaven". 

It seems like this is a bit better than the Dear Heaven scenario you described, though.  Here, the common sibling Ji Sang did not grow up knowing either of the two (SHm and SHf) as a step-sibling, so he won't have any issue, and will most probably only support the marriage.  His mom and dad will have to separate, and he may have to accept that.

How many episodes left for this drama?   Frankly, I'm already so sick of looking at the fake Joon-Sang, Min-Hee, Gwi-Jung, Nan-Sul, Doo-Na, Min-Kyoo and See-Na. Hahahaha....that's a lot of faces I don't like.  I rather see Suk-Hoon and Sul-Hwa get married, set up a family and at the same time, peeling off the layers of deceit, lies and what-nots of those who have made their lives miserable.  The End.

51 minutes ago, renaoh said:

How many episodes left for this drama?   Frankly, I'm already so sick of looking at the fake Joon-Sang, Min-Hee, Gwi-Jung, Nan-Sul, Doo-Na, Min-Kyoo and See-Na. Hahahaha....that's a lot of faces I don't like.  I rather see Suk-Hoon and Sul-Hwa get married, set up a family and at the same time, peeling off the layers of deceit, lies and what-nots of those who have made their lives miserable.  The End.

Sorry to burst your bubble, doubt it would happen that way.  I guess K- drama pays more for being  sickly  since there are so many in the list you don't want to look at.  I think up to 120 or somewhere around that.  

1 hour ago, jayakris said:

It seems like this is a bit better than the Dear Heaven scenario you described, though.  Here, the common sibling Ji Sang did not grow up knowing either of the two (SHm and SHf) as a step-sibling, so he won't have any issue, and will most probably only support the marriage.  His mom and dad will have to separate, and he may have to accept that.

@jayakris, you are right. Ji Sang has grown up knowing neither as siblings, but they are two people whom he naturally liked. Jun Sang is doing more damage to harm a lasting relationship with his actions because now he is purposely trying to keep them apart. His whole life has been a lie; I don't know how the Yoons cope with that. It would have been hard enough thinking they had been lied to by a 6 year old abused child who honestly thought their real child was dead; it's quite another storying knowing that a grown man is deceiving you intentionally and taking steps to try and steal your company (thanks to Min Hee) and hiding the truth regarding your own child. There is no way the Yoons can have any remaining fond feelings towards the fake Jun Sang if he doesn't come clean first......especially considering how he's treating Dr. Han and trying to turn them against him; knowing how their child suffered due to others lying to take his place.

Also, I don't see how the Chairman can stay with NS when he finds out the truth about his son; I don't think grandmother will accept her after the truth is known. It's one thing to know that a child of 6 years old lied about being his son, it's another when you know a grown woman purposely lied about a child being yours. I'm sure they accepted fake JS as theirs because of the adult NS saying he was.

I continue to wonder how SeolHwa heart condition will play into his drama.

1 hour ago, renaoh said:

@renaoh, like you, I'm ready for this drama to start revealing secrets. Maybe the writer feels that when fake JS is exposed, everything else will cave like a deck of cards (because I don't see Min Hee keeping all her secrets about SeolHwa). In a daily drama, 20 episodes is not a lot. After tomorrow, that's all the episodes we will have left. It's amazing how the writer seems to be rushing everything that surrounds fake JS and Min Hee, but slows things down drastically when it comes to Dr. Han and SeolHwa. I would love for them to be married soon--very soon; like the next couple of episodes soon. 

If the writer plans on these people mending relationships, it would be nice to see that over about 10 episodes are so---there will be so many relationships needing mending (including the Geums--knowing her husband has lied to her for years, keeping a secret about SeolHwa).

9 hours ago, lclarakl said:

I continue to wonder how SeolHwa heart condition will play into his drama.

And it's like she never gets one of those heart discomfort episodes when anybody can see it.  Weird.  They have been showing it for quite a while now, but nothing has happened.  I guess she will end up in the hospital.  Perhaps that would be when NS will throw away all caution and just run over to her daughter, with her story getting out in the open soon after.

Archived